Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle 23:06 - Oct 6 with 3637 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58821131

We have heard this many times before, but is this takeover finally about to happen? Talk of these new owners investing huge amounts in the team. This would make it even more difficult for us.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 23:18]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Newcastle on 10:01 - Oct 8 with 1030 viewssaintwizzler

Newcastle on 09:52 - Oct 8 by Andylad63

In fairness Newcastle United's fans are amongst the most passionate in the country without even a sniff of winning anything major. They follow their team all over the country in great numbers (beer bellies out), they fill their stadium each week something we can't claim. The Toon army are on the whole some of the least obnoxious and pleasant away fans you can meet in the bars around the city centre the night before and on match day win lose or draw. I'd take the Geordies over an "entitled" plastic Mancs, Bin dippers or the arrogant Chelski, Gooner or North London Yobbos any day. Good luck to them, but probably a bad day for the team I love.

You didn’t go to the 2-2 game this season then?
Turn up to the game to boo, only making a noise when they scored.

They don’t sell out their allocation at Fortress St Marys.

They think they have a right to be up the top, they don’t.
Ashley came in when they were in the shît and bailed them out.
They forget about that.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Newcastle on 10:30 - Oct 8 with 998 viewsDorsetIan

Newcastle on 09:56 - Oct 8 by 1885_SFC

I'm going to wager a small bet that there will be a BBC Panorama documentary on the Saudi's acquisition of Newcastle FC within the next fortnight or so. It'll be a yawnfest of course - because nothing can or will be done. But the BBC, being based in Manchester, will show their faux outrage at the deal that will (eventually) see Newcastle rival the big two Manchester clubs financially... and we can't have that.

It's a dirty business is football and the BBC do like a good drama - even though they're pretty crap at making them (Line of Duty & Peaky Blinders aside).

Did you not like Vigil?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Newcastle on 10:37 - Oct 8 with 991 views1885_SFC

Newcastle on 10:30 - Oct 8 by DorsetIan

Did you not like Vigil?

I thought it was shite to be honest. You'd think a mixture of HM Submarines, murder, mystery and plenty of focus on lesbianism would be right up my street... but alas, no. It was poorly written & poorly acted.

Old School is Cool

Newcastle on 10:38 - Oct 8 with 986 viewsSadoldgit

Newcastle on 09:43 - Oct 8 by DorsetIan

I don't begrudge the Newcastle fans an owner who will hopefully provide them with some investment. I listened to one fan yesterday talking about the 14 barren years of Ashley's ownership when the club just limped along without proper investment and I thought about the guff that Nick writes about Gao's ownership being OK, and wondered whether we're going to be in this Gao limbo for 14 years.

But as for the Premier League...

...the Newcastle purchase has been been bought by the fund whose sole objective is to manage the investments of the Saudi govt and is chaired by the effective Saudi head of state. But the Premier League are happy that the Saudi govt does not 'control' Newcastle. There are £500 billion economic reasons why that is complete b0ll0cks.

To be fair to Nick, I don’t think he has ever said that Gao’s ownership is ok. Just that it could be a lot worse, which it could be.There isn’t much Saints fans agree on but I think it is fair to say that we all want Gao out, but also that we want to see a better owner and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we get someone worse (assuming we ever find a buyer!).
Newcastle on 11:01 - Oct 8 with 964 viewssolent_toffee

Did you not like Vigil?

When I read it was a six part whodunnit I switched off.

It was obviously Pickford.
Newcastle on 12:49 - Oct 8 with 907 viewsDorsetIan

Newcastle on 10:37 - Oct 8 by 1885_SFC

I thought it was shite to be honest. You'd think a mixture of HM Submarines, murder, mystery and plenty of focus on lesbianism would be right up my street... but alas, no. It was poorly written & poorly acted.

I quite enjoyed it. The plot was a pretty convoluted but the acting was mostly good and there was a decent bit of suspense in parts. Was impressed by Rose Leslie - she's going to be a top actress.

Suranne Jones is cornering the market in BBC lesbian. Think she's back in Gentleman Jack soon.

Newcastle on 12:56 - Oct 8 with 902 viewsDorsetIan

Newcastle on 10:38 - Oct 8 by Sadoldgit

To be fair to Nick, I don’t think he has ever said that Gao’s ownership is ok. Just that it could be a lot worse, which it could be.There isn’t much Saints fans agree on but I think it is fair to say that we all want Gao out, but also that we want to see a better owner and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we get someone worse (assuming we ever find a buyer!).

I chose my words quite carefully there and deliberate said 'OK' rather than 'good'.

Nick jumps on any criticism of Gao, so I've got to assume that he thinks he's an OK owner.

It was the Ashley/Gao parallels that struck me. That sense of being stuck in the purgatory of an owner that's staying put but not progressing the club.

Newcastle on 13:02 - Oct 8 with 901 viewsWints76

Newcastle on 11:01 - Oct 8 by solent_toffee

When I read it was a six part whodunnit I switched off.

It was obviously Pickford.

Hey ST, is this you as a youngster singing?

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle on 13:29 - Oct 8 with 866 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle on 12:56 - Oct 8 by DorsetIan

I chose my words quite carefully there and deliberate said 'OK' rather than 'good'.

Nick jumps on any criticism of Gao, so I've got to assume that he thinks he's an OK owner.

It was the Ashley/Gao parallels that struck me. That sense of being stuck in the purgatory of an owner that's staying put but not progressing the club.

He's not even ok is he. He is a terrible owner.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Newcastle on 13:30 - Oct 8 with 864 viewsfranniesTache

Kind of makes you wonder what the point is anymore, without a nation backing you you're winning f*ck all now and when even clubs like Villa and Everton are unlikely to ever win a major trophy again it shows how pointless the whole thing is.

I honestly think the Super League collapsing was the worst possible thing that could've happened to the game, we needed it to happen to speed up the crash and remove the corruption from our clubs.
Newcastle on 13:56 - Oct 8 with 836 viewsBerber

Newcastle on 13:30 - Oct 8 by franniesTache

Kind of makes you wonder what the point is anymore, without a nation backing you you're winning f*ck all now and when even clubs like Villa and Everton are unlikely to ever win a major trophy again it shows how pointless the whole thing is.

I honestly think the Super League collapsing was the worst possible thing that could've happened to the game, we needed it to happen to speed up the crash and remove the corruption from our clubs.

But it isn't pointless though. Most clubs in the country never win anything. Sunderland have not won anything (other than Mickey Mouse trophies) since 1973, and even in League 1 get home attendances above 27,000. Newcastle have not won anything since the early 70s either, and routinely get 40,000 plus, and did so even in the Championship. Man City had something similar.
Newcastle on 13:58 - Oct 8 with 833 viewsDorsetIan

Newcastle on 13:30 - Oct 8 by franniesTache

It is getting silly in terms of the financial disparities.

Some small changes might help though. Kicking the teams who qualify for Europe out of the Carabao Cup to give everyone else a better chance of winning something. Introducing some kind of play off system for the final European place.

The thing that makes it pointless is that for most Premier League clubs, apart from avoiding the drop, and stupid prize money, there is really fck all to play for.

Means that a clown like Gao can aim to keep the club somewhere between 14th and 17th year in year out and for somehow that to be considered a success.

Newcastle on 14:06 - Oct 8 with 830 viewsBerber

Newcastle on 13:58 - Oct 8 by DorsetIan

It is getting silly in terms of the financial disparities.

Some small changes might help though. Kicking the teams who qualify for Europe out of the Carabao Cup to give everyone else a better chance of winning something. Introducing some kind of play off system for the final European place.

The thing that makes it pointless is that for most Premier League clubs, apart from avoiding the drop, and stupid prize money, there is really fck all to play for.

Means that a clown like Gao can aim to keep the club somewhere between 14th and 17th year in year out and for somehow that to be considered a success.

I would draw a comparison with F1. Most teams/drivers will not win a race, or even get on the podium in a season. Some will struggle to muster more than a few points. There is no shortage of "players" and fans who want to be in the game though, and the adrenaline rush at the thought of "going racing" is enormous, and the media fail to capture it at all.
Newcastle on 14:31 - Oct 8 with 816 viewsDorsetIan

Newcastle on 13:56 - Oct 8 by Berber

But it isn't pointless though. Most clubs in the country never win anything. Sunderland have not won anything (other than Mickey Mouse trophies) since 1973, and even in League 1 get home attendances above 27,000. Newcastle have not won anything since the early 70s either, and routinely get 40,000 plus, and did so even in the Championship. Man City had something similar.

Clubs in lower leagues have a chance of promotion or play-offs without the same 6+ teams dominating the top places every year. It's far more interesting and fluid.

Newcastle on 19:31 - Oct 8 with 735 viewsButty101

Newcastle on 09:43 - Oct 8 by DorsetIan

I don't begrudge the Newcastle fans an owner who will hopefully provide them with some investment. I listened to one fan yesterday talking about the 14 barren years of Ashley's ownership when the club just limped along without proper investment and I thought about the guff that Nick writes about Gao's ownership being OK, and wondered whether we're going to be in this Gao limbo for 14 years.

But as for the Premier League...

...the Newcastle purchase has been been bought by the fund whose sole objective is to manage the investments of the Saudi govt and is chaired by the effective Saudi head of state. But the Premier League are happy that the Saudi govt does not 'control' Newcastle. There are £500 billion economic reasons why that is complete b0ll0cks.

when FIFA allow an equally despicable country to host the World Cup, it’s no surprise the premiership follows suit and allows this take over.

I’m keen to see if Marcus rachford the man of the people, goes to the World Cup. Surely his moral compass will stop him going

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Newcastle on 19:47 - Oct 8 with 728 viewsBerber

Newcastle on 14:31 - Oct 8 by DorsetIan

Clubs in lower leagues have a chance of promotion or play-offs without the same 6+ teams dominating the top places every year. It's far more interesting and fluid.

I agree there are happy milestones in getting promotion, but if you are in the PL, they can only be experienced by first goi gthrough the failure of relegation. But the ambition of most clubs, and fans too, is to get into thePL and shape up to the top teams, same as inF1. I would rather not experience the misery of relegation in order to get the secondary thrill of promotion. It would be like finding another lover after being dumped.
Newcastle on 20:20 - Oct 8 with 714 viewscocklebreath

Did you not like Vigil?

Absolute pony, worst thing I’ve watched this year

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Newcastle on 20:39 - Oct 8 with 697 viewsSadoldgit

Is it all about winning something? I thought it was about competing and TRYING to win something. Isn’t it about the pleasure (or pain) that we get in the weekly matches that is why we invest so much into the sport? If we win something that is a bonus.
As for the huge influx of money into another EPL club, surely now it is the perfect time to review the FFP rules and actually bring in measures that help level up the position for all EPL clubs and not just favour the super rich clubs.
Newcastle on 06:21 - Oct 9 with 653 viewsSoton

What I find amusing about this latest multi-billionaire take over is it makes the likes of the Man U and Liverpool owners sweat, for years rules have been put into place (ffp being one of them) that basically made it harder to compete against them.
They have had the so called champions league where it’s been stacked in favour of only the richest clubs being able to play in it and then get richer and so use that extra wealth that comes with being in the champions league to dominate there domestic top tier.
Now every time another club gets a new super rich owner who can afford the massive cost of forcing a club up to the top or near top of the premier league one of the original “ top 4 clubs” won’t get the massive champions league financial rewards
Obviously Newcastle will have spend a massive fortune on players etc but also in legal fees as well, like City they will find the financial fair play rules were brought in to make it more comfortable for the likes of Man U and Co to stay top of the tree by shackling any Nouveau riche clubs, City had to do that and I’m sure Newcastle will make a lot of money for the lawyers as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024