Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot 13:39 - Oct 28 with 1923 viewsButty101

[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 13:55]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 13:50 - Oct 28 with 1405 viewsSaintNick

Which one

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 13:53 - Oct 28 with 1401 viewsIanSouthstander

Fawley.
Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:18 - Oct 28 with 1360 viewsSaintsforeverj

If the government buys me an electric car and pays for solar panels on my house and a new "green" heater then I will go green. How much would that cost the government? If the protestors think I am spending 60k on all of that myself, well I'm not and I cant, sorry.

And if that lot stop me getting to Watford on Saturday, I won't be happy.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 14:19]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:41 - Oct 28 with 1334 viewsButty101

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:18 - Oct 28 by Saintsforeverj

If the government buys me an electric car and pays for solar panels on my house and a new "green" heater then I will go green. How much would that cost the government? If the protestors think I am spending 60k on all of that myself, well I'm not and I cant, sorry.

We had a new boiler this summer. I looked at the heat source systems, but the cost was substantial. Plus it dosent work that well come winter and you then need electricity to kickin.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:49 - Oct 28 with 1328 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:41 - Oct 28 by Butty101

We had a new boiler this summer. I looked at the heat source systems, but the cost was substantial. Plus it dosent work that well come winter and you then need electricity to kickin.

It's the practicality and cost as you say. It's all very well these protestors pointing out the damage to the environment. We all know this but there isn't an answer. Most people can't splash tens of thousands on going green. So that's that really isn't it? We can plant trees, walk when we can but what do they expect? There are things the government could do, like reducing train fares, improving public transport, but it wouldn't make a significant difference.

Just for example, I can drive to Norwich with 4 of us for £40. £10 each. On the train it's £40 each at least.

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 15:55 - Oct 28 with 1279 viewskingslandstand1

Why can't they go there Sunday. Let them in with open arms when they blow the chimney up! That'll sort the fookers out and hopefully we won't hear any more from them!

I saw a bit of Richard Madeley on breakfast tv yesterday having a row with one of the so called M25 lot causing more grief that God knows what and he was brilliant. She started pointing fingers at him calling him stupid, he responded by telling her that he wasn't and to stop patronising him and to actually answer the questions she was there to answer!

Never seen an interview like it and at the end he just said "thanks for coming in and not answering a single question!"

Best bit was when asked whether her house was insulated she just said that she was on benefits and living in Social Housing!

As SFJ has said below, we all know there is an issue but people are trying to resolve the issues ahead (although Boris is being a bit optimistic with his targets) but how the fuk do they think they can solve the problem like this

And as for stop eating meat to save the planet, well I think I'll let someone else take my role in that!

Rant almost over
Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 16:54 - Oct 28 with 1242 viewssaint22

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:49 - Oct 28 by Saintsforeverj

It's the practicality and cost as you say. It's all very well these protestors pointing out the damage to the environment. We all know this but there isn't an answer. Most people can't splash tens of thousands on going green. So that's that really isn't it? We can plant trees, walk when we can but what do they expect? There are things the government could do, like reducing train fares, improving public transport, but it wouldn't make a significant difference.

Just for example, I can drive to Norwich with 4 of us for £40. £10 each. On the train it's £40 each at least.

You could fly cheaply now our green chancellor cut domestic taxes
TW aT
Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 16:56 - Oct 28 with 1241 viewsSaintNick

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:49 - Oct 28 by Saintsforeverj

More like £100 for train to Norwich , if we want to stop people using cars so much public transport has to be more affordable

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:01 - Oct 28 with 1237 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 16:56 - Oct 28 by SaintNick

More like £100 for train to Norwich , if we want to stop people using cars so much public transport has to be more affordable

Very true. That would be the first easy step. I would quite happily go to every away game on the train. But it's usually 4 or 5 times the cost of driving.

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:13 - Oct 28 with 1219 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 16:54 - Oct 28 by saint22

You could fly cheaply now our green chancellor cut domestic taxes
TW aT

Didn't think abusive language was allowed on here?

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:16 - Oct 28 with 1215 viewsHeisenberg

Apart from cheaper rail fares so you can get to football do you have any other ideas how we save the planet ? Our kids and grand children are in for a grim time unless we make some real changes. It’s not about recycling your waste. There has to be some revolutionary changes to the way we live and consume everything without a thought of the impact

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:21 - Oct 28 with 1208 viewssaint68

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:16 - Oct 28 by Heisenberg

Apart from cheaper rail fares so you can get to football do you have any other ideas how we save the planet ? Our kids and grand children are in for a grim time unless we make some real changes. It’s not about recycling your waste. There has to be some revolutionary changes to the way we live and consume everything without a thought of the impact

Mate, if you think climate change is the greatest threat to our grandchildren then get a grip...the planet fluxes from hot to cold perpetually..the greatest risk to anyone on this planet is fukin humans.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:34 - Oct 28 with 1188 viewskingslandstand1

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:21 - Oct 28 by saint68

Mate, if you think climate change is the greatest threat to our grandchildren then get a grip...the planet fluxes from hot to cold perpetually..the greatest risk to anyone on this planet is fukin humans.

You could almost say they are but the same issues?
Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:36 - Oct 28 with 1178 viewskingslandstand1

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:13 - Oct 28 by Saintsforeverj

Didn't think abusive language was allowed on here?

22 is exempt when referring to politicians not of his liking
Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:41 - Oct 28 with 1167 viewsChesham_Saint

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:18 - Oct 28 by Saintsforeverj

I kind of favour the Burt Lancaster approach in Local Hero when he sees there’s a protester on the roof: “Call the police department..get some marksmen, shoot them off. Shoot to kill…!”

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:41 - Oct 28 with 1168 viewssaint68

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:34 - Oct 28 by kingslandstand1

You could almost say they are but the same issues?

Those good old days when you could walk from Israel to Glasgow weren't at all that long ago..the Dover straights are geologically brand new..so this global warming bullshit is just another part of the earth's ever evolving and changing status..it has and always will change wether its us or dinosaurs..extinction is part of the cycle
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 17:43]

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:48 - Oct 28 with 1156 viewskingslandstand1

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:41 - Oct 28 by saint68

Those good old days when you could walk from Israel to Glasgow weren't at all that long ago..the Dover straights are geologically brand new..so this global warming bullshit is just another part of the earth's ever evolving and changing status..it has and always will change wether its us or dinosaurs..extinction is part of the cycle
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 17:43]

I agree. We are actually in an ice age right now, or edge of one, compared to some of the earth cycles we have been through
Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 18:06 - Oct 28 with 1141 viewssaint68

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:48 - Oct 28 by kingslandstand1

I agree. We are actually in an ice age right now, or edge of one, compared to some of the earth cycles we have been through

Mate, it's just another case of people ignoring history wether recent,ancient or millenia...we are at the planets grace..not politicians or rulers..

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 18:16 - Oct 28 with 1132 views1885_SFC

It has been proven that Greta Thunberg is making a real difference to climate change, as every time she comes on the TV approximately 1 million people switch it off.

Old School is Cool

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 18:16 - Oct 28 with 1130 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:41 - Oct 28 by Chesham_Saint

I kind of favour the Burt Lancaster approach in Local Hero when he sees there’s a protester on the roof: “Call the police department..get some marksmen, shoot them off. Shoot to kill…!”

Yes, I will be driving to Watford in my hired James Bond car. It's an electric one. I will be getting to the game come what may.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 18:18]

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 18:58 - Oct 28 with 1085 viewsHeisenberg

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 17:21 - Oct 28 by saint68

Don’t take this the wrong way but I think I will base my opinion on scientific evidence and the environmental experts rather than that of a tin foil hat wearing anti vaxer who supports Brexit whilst living in Spain.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 22:34 - Oct 28 with 988 viewskingslandstand1

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 18:16 - Oct 28 by 1885_SFC

It has been proven that Greta Thunberg is making a real difference to climate change, as every time she comes on the TV approximately 1 million people switch it off.

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 23:13 - Oct 28 with 975 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 14:41 - Oct 28 by Butty101

Sadly this is true. 5 years ago I had a brand new boiler, radiators drained and power flushed, new hot water tank, new piping, Next thermostats installed etc., this all cost about £5k and my energy bill immediately halved as I'm pretty sure the old boiler and system came with the house in the 70s.

I looked at heat transfer and solar panels 3 weeks ago. £30k. F**k off.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 00:58 - Oct 29 with 950 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

The most sensible thing you have ever said on this forum. Fair play.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 07:34 - Oct 29 with 899 viewssaint68

Fawley Oil Refinery blocked by the extinction rebellion lot on 18:58 - Oct 28 by Heisenberg

Don’t take this the wrong way but I think I will base my opinion on scientific evidence and the environmental experts rather than that of a tin foil hat wearing anti vaxer who supports Brexit whilst living in Spain.

Not in the slightest H, you can say whatever you like X

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024