Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Jones Clown 14:27 - Feb 14 with 2784 viewsCapt_Koons

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but this link to an article in the Guardian is hilarious
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/14/nathan-joness-exit-robs-us-of-t

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

That Jones Clown on 20:29 - Feb 14 with 2553 viewsCapt_Koons

" you’re a Southampton fan: you love your club and your clown-shoed coach is frog-marching it down to the Championship. "
" There is a more prosaic explanation why Southampton are bottom of the league: Southampton are not very good."
" This is a club that has been slowly stripped for parts, that has gradually lost most of its expertise on the pitch and much of the expertise off it."

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

That Jones Clown on 20:45 - Feb 14 with 2518 viewsBazza

That Jones Clown on 20:29 - Feb 14 by Capt_Koons

" you’re a Southampton fan: you love your club and your clown-shoed coach is frog-marching it down to the Championship. "
" There is a more prosaic explanation why Southampton are bottom of the league: Southampton are not very good."
" This is a club that has been slowly stripped for parts, that has gradually lost most of its expertise on the pitch and much of the expertise off it."

What strange sense of humour you have Capt. To me it’s flippin tragic!
That Jones Clown on 23:08 - Feb 14 with 2383 viewsJellybaby

Typical Guardian superciliousness.

What this sneering Hack has got right though, is that Wolves, and most teams in this league have just got better players than us, and that is going to be hard for anyone to manage, whether he's a working class boy from Wales or a suave waistcoat wearing European from Austria.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

That Jones Clown on 08:41 - Feb 16 with 2065 viewskentsouthampton

"Nathan Jones, you've been wrong too long"

Psychic or what.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 8:42]
That Jones Clown on 11:05 - Feb 16 with 1980 viewsGasGiant

I'm not inclined to applaud the outpourings of laconic smartarsed young journos conviced they know more about the real world than those who've had to make their way in it for some time. But having said that I'm always cheered up when I visit the Guardian website and ignore all its desperate pleas for money when I leave it, so thanks for that Koons.
That Jones Clown on 12:50 - Feb 16 with 1921 viewssaint901

You would probably have to show the journo where Southampton is on a map before he could write anything.

In my opinion, Guardian journo's get very uncomfortable if they are asked to report on anything outside - especially west of - Tower Hamlets, where their hard left heroes seem to live.

I'm surprised that they're not banging on about why the Corinthians club is not readmitted to the league as a counterweight to all those capitalist owned PL clubs.

Aside from that I'm not sure I've ever read a decent match report in their rag.
That Jones Clown on 13:28 - Feb 16 with 1874 viewsBerber

That Jones Clown on 08:41 - Feb 16 by kentsouthampton

"Nathan Jones, you've been wrong too long"

Psychic or what.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 8:42]

I like the advert for free standing copper bathtubs. It is something that Nathan Jones could have threaded in to why he was so special.
That Jones Clown on 13:56 - Feb 17 with 1725 viewskentsouthampton

That Jones Clown on 11:05 - Feb 16 by GasGiant

I'm not inclined to applaud the outpourings of laconic smartarsed young journos conviced they know more about the real world than those who've had to make their way in it for some time. But having said that I'm always cheered up when I visit the Guardian website and ignore all its desperate pleas for money when I leave it, so thanks for that Koons.

The guardian piece was pretty accurate IMO, I'd be interested if you would care to enlighten us where it got it wrong .
Login to get fewer ads

That Jones Clown on 15:07 - Feb 17 with 1680 viewskentsouthampton

That Jones Clown on 12:50 - Feb 16 by saint901

You would probably have to show the journo where Southampton is on a map before he could write anything.

In my opinion, Guardian journo's get very uncomfortable if they are asked to report on anything outside - especially west of - Tower Hamlets, where their hard left heroes seem to live.

I'm surprised that they're not banging on about why the Corinthians club is not readmitted to the league as a counterweight to all those capitalist owned PL clubs.

Aside from that I'm not sure I've ever read a decent match report in their rag.

Whereas Express and Sun journalists are mustard compared with the multi award winning Guardian ones.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024