Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… 17:47 - Mar 10 with 11306 viewsSFC_Referee

Well it looks like Garry won’t be hosting MOTD anymore as by the looks of things he’s pretty much been sacked by the BBC, and by the looks of things Wright is leaving as well!
Be interesting to see who takes over now and anything else this could lead to…

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12830486/gary-lineker-bbc-pres

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 17:54 - Mar 10 with 5763 viewsdwayne_dibley

they can both feck off

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 17:58 - Mar 10 with 5760 viewssolent_toffee

In the week after all the crap with Matt Hancock and Williamson and their WhatsApp chats, Lineker getting absolutely battered and doorstepped outside his own house for a tweet that is absolutely spot on, is typical of the BBC.

Braverman taking offense at his tweet is utterly laughable. She and her cronies are happy to break the 1953 Geneva Convention.

Let’s not forget Johnson giving a knighthood to his wife beating dad.

It’s been quite the week for the Tories.
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:15 - Mar 10 with 5712 viewsSFC_Referee

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 17:58 - Mar 10 by solent_toffee

In the week after all the crap with Matt Hancock and Williamson and their WhatsApp chats, Lineker getting absolutely battered and doorstepped outside his own house for a tweet that is absolutely spot on, is typical of the BBC.

Braverman taking offense at his tweet is utterly laughable. She and her cronies are happy to break the 1953 Geneva Convention.

Well in all fairness I think his tweets got both pros and cons to it, as there’s a major difference between that “German group from the 30’s” and the government we’ve got today.
As yeah I do see the similarities in the sorta words and phrases they’re using, but at the same time when you look at the points/rights behind what each group were aiming to achieve and who they were against, see that’s where the differences are pretty big.

As the Nazi’s just went for the Jews for no real major reasons whatsoever and simply did it due to a load of old myths and BS, and the way they treated them was appalling, and had no rights to it whatsoever as those Jews weren’t breaking any rules at all.

Whilst the government today and the immigrants is a lot different as what the government are talking about is the illegal ones who are breaking laws and are doing things they should be doing, but they’re punishments are a lot different as they’re just getting exported to other countries, not abused and killed (or at least aren’t getting that due to the government).

As I do think it was a bit extreme as to the reference he made, but at the same time I do still get his point and certainly don’t think he should’ve lost his job over it (although there have been other incidents around things he’s posted/said before which have caused a few news articles).

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:19 - Mar 10 with 5679 viewsRon11

When do the likes of Lineker or Corbyn ever focus on the plight of homeless veterans sleeping rough in this country, or for that matter anyone born in this country who has fallen on hard times?
It's always anyone BUT our own people, it's anyone who voted for Brexit is a racist, or whoever wants to stop the flow of illegal immigration to this country is a nazi.
Lineker, you took in one 'refugee' for three weeks, how wonderful, but there are now 67 million people in England, (5.5 million in Scotland and also Wales) and our infrastructure is starting to fall apart, but with your 1.35 million a year it isn't going to affect you, so shut the fu ck up.
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:28 - Mar 10 with 5671 viewsSouthamptonfan

On reflection, Lineker's words comparing the government to the Nazis could cause outrage and even riots against the government, and civil unrest. To cause this from his comments, makes them unacceptable. He is entitled to his opinion, but he is not entitled to put things in a way that might cause civil unrest, or even put the MPs lives at risk by comparing them to Nazis. That's not fair or right.

What's annoying is that I like Lineker and Wright presenting MOTD. They are MOTD. They will probably be replaced by women.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:34]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:31 - Mar 10 with 5663 viewsWints76

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:19 - Mar 10 by Ron11

When do the likes of Lineker or Corbyn ever focus on the plight of homeless veterans sleeping rough in this country, or for that matter anyone born in this country who has fallen on hard times?
It's always anyone BUT our own people, it's anyone who voted for Brexit is a racist, or whoever wants to stop the flow of illegal immigration to this country is a nazi.
Lineker, you took in one 'refugee' for three weeks, how wonderful, but there are now 67 million people in England, (5.5 million in Scotland and also Wales) and our infrastructure is starting to fall apart, but with your 1.35 million a year it isn't going to affect you, so shut the fu ck up.

Corbyn mentioned homelessness a lot. He also worked with veterans a lot but did it away from the camera. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-armed-forces-homele

I used to be a huge fan of the Beeb, and it is still a world leader, but it has been compromised. The grief that Lineker is getting, when Alan Sugar, Fiona Bruce, Andrew Neill and Laura Kuennsberg have all got away with comments doesn't help the argument
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:32 - Mar 10 with 5660 viewsSFC_Referee

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:28 - Mar 10 by Southamptonfan

On reflection, Lineker's words comparing the government to the Nazis could cause outrage and even riots against the government, and civil unrest. To cause this from his comments, makes them unacceptable. He is entitled to his opinion, but he is not entitled to put things in a way that might cause civil unrest, or even put the MPs lives at risk by comparing them to Nazis. That's not fair or right.

What's annoying is that I like Lineker and Wright presenting MOTD. They are MOTD. They will probably be replaced by women.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:34]

Yeah well now that is something that’s almost certain to happen, as we’ll probably get some female player that was one of the first in the WSL who no one’s heard of, but has no real interest or knowledge on the mens side of things, as well as probably some former EFL player who came out as gay or something

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:51 - Mar 10 with 5617 viewsHeisenberg

Has the Tory donating Chairman of the BBC said anything about this ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:56 - Mar 10 with 5604 viewsBerber

Spot on. Disgraceful that a presenter for something nothing to do with politics is not allowed to express a political opinion in another non BBC channel. This is donkey management scared sh1t less for their own positions. If I could still watch non BBC channels by broadband and not pay the fee or watch then again, I’d do it.
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:00 - Mar 10 with 5602 viewsPaleRider

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 18:32 - Mar 10 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well now that is something that’s almost certain to happen, as we’ll probably get some female player that was one of the first in the WSL who no one’s heard of, but has no real interest or knowledge on the mens side of things, as well as probably some former EFL player who came out as gay or something

Good thing that's neither homophobic or sexist

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:00 - Mar 10 with 5604 viewsGasGiant

I am surprised that you are so ignorant of what life was like in 1930s Germany - it's not like there isn't enough material available - perhaps you like Lineker can't be bothered to inform yourself properly of the sheer horror of life under the Nazis in 1930s Germany. The current Government may be unpopular and you may disagree fundamentally with what they do but that's the point. but if you had been caught saying those things in Berlin in 1935 you would have been beaten to a pulp by the SA and you may have been treated to watching your wife being raped before your house was burnt down. Lineker and you are free to post silly uninformed and ignorant little soundbites if that's what passes for cleverness in Football circles, but when you offend others by posting inflammatory inaccurate bullshit then expect to be held to account (and no it's not "spot on" - are you insane? ) . Lineker has been rewarded with a few weeks off on full pay. It's not even a punishment is it.
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:06 - Mar 10 with 5589 viewsPaleRider

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:00 - Mar 10 by GasGiant

I am surprised that you are so ignorant of what life was like in 1930s Germany - it's not like there isn't enough material available - perhaps you like Lineker can't be bothered to inform yourself properly of the sheer horror of life under the Nazis in 1930s Germany. The current Government may be unpopular and you may disagree fundamentally with what they do but that's the point. but if you had been caught saying those things in Berlin in 1935 you would have been beaten to a pulp by the SA and you may have been treated to watching your wife being raped before your house was burnt down. Lineker and you are free to post silly uninformed and ignorant little soundbites if that's what passes for cleverness in Football circles, but when you offend others by posting inflammatory inaccurate bullshit then expect to be held to account (and no it's not "spot on" - are you insane? ) . Lineker has been rewarded with a few weeks off on full pay. It's not even a punishment is it.

As a well-educated history expert, I would like to know how the language used by the government is different to that used in 1930's Germany. For example - how is saying a person is illegal different to saying someone is a bandit (the language used to describe the incumbents of the Warsaw ghetto)?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:15]
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:07 - Mar 10 with 5587 viewsSouthamptonfan

He shouldn't be getting involved. He can write to his mp. He can disagree with the policy. He can vote for whoever he wants to vote for. But concentrate on giving opinions about Football, which is his job, not comparing the government to the Nazis.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:10]

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:14 - Mar 10 with 5568 viewsPaleRider

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:07 - Mar 10 by Southamptonfan

He shouldn't be getting involved. He can write to his mp. He can disagree with the policy. He can vote for whoever he wants to vote for. But concentrate on giving opinions about Football, which is his job, not comparing the government to the Nazis.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:10]

Is your job commenting on TV? If not, why not write to your MP rather than comment on social media as an individual, which is exactly what Lineker did. He didn't comment in his role as a presenter on TV.
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:15 - Mar 10 with 5565 viewsBazza

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:06 - Mar 10 by PaleRider

As a well-educated history expert, I would like to know how the language used by the government is different to that used in 1930's Germany. For example - how is saying a person is illegal different to saying someone is a bandit (the language used to describe the incumbents of the Warsaw ghetto)?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:15]

Not so well educated then. Lineker is not very bright but bright enough to use provocative language though he made the stupid comments as an individual on social media albeit to rev up his millions of followers.
I don’t think he is a good presenter and would be happy to see Mark Chapman take his place at half the cost.
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:22 - Mar 10 with 5546 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:14 - Mar 10 by PaleRider

Is your job commenting on TV? If not, why not write to your MP rather than comment on social media as an individual, which is exactly what Lineker did. He didn't comment in his role as a presenter on TV.

I'm anonymous. He isn't. He is a well known celebrity and could have a huge influence on a lot of people, including causing trouble in the country with his comments. The royal family for example have to stay out of politics.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:25]

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:55 - Mar 10 with 5489 viewsPaleRider

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:15 - Mar 10 by Bazza

Not so well educated then. Lineker is not very bright but bright enough to use provocative language though he made the stupid comments as an individual on social media albeit to rev up his millions of followers.
I don’t think he is a good presenter and would be happy to see Mark Chapman take his place at half the cost.

Sorry - I was referring to GG as the well-educated expert based on his post. I'm just an idiot!

Also I believe that Lineker and his ilk have ruined football due their inane punditry! I like neither him nor Wright but I respect their rights to freedom of speech.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 20:02]
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:57 - Mar 10 with 5484 viewsPaleRider

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:22 - Mar 10 by Southamptonfan

I'm anonymous. He isn't. He is a well known celebrity and could have a huge influence on a lot of people, including causing trouble in the country with his comments. The royal family for example have to stay out of politics.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 19:25]

I'm confused - what are the rules regarding when people are allowed to post private opinions on social media? Should anyone with any sort of public profile not post on social media? If so, what are the criteria?
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:22 - Mar 10 with 5426 viewsSFC_Referee

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 19:00 - Mar 10 by PaleRider

Good thing that's neither homophobic or sexist

And it’s not homophobic or sexist whatsoever, as I’m just simply stating that it’s who they’ll probably hire which isn’t because they’ve got loads of premier league experience and know the game inside and out but simply because of their gender/sexual identity (so if anything almost the opposite) which isn’t how it should be
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 20:24]

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:27 - Mar 10 with 5412 views1885_SFC

A tenner says the darling of the BBC Alex Scott will be presenting MOTD Saturday night.

Old School is Cool

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:34 - Mar 10 with 5395 viewsPaleRider

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:22 - Mar 10 by SFC_Referee

And it’s not homophobic or sexist whatsoever, as I’m just simply stating that it’s who they’ll probably hire which isn’t because they’ve got loads of premier league experience and know the game inside and out but simply because of their gender/sexual identity (so if anything almost the opposite) which isn’t how it should be
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 20:24]

As I said: "Good thing that's neither homophobic or sexist"!
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:38 - Mar 10 with 5387 viewsSFC_Referee

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:34 - Mar 10 by PaleRider

As I said: "Good thing that's neither homophobic or sexist"!

Oh sorry I thought you were being sarcastic, but sorry if you weren’t
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 20:39]

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:44 - Mar 10 with 5371 viewsWints76

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:27 - Mar 10 by 1885_SFC

A tenner says the darling of the BBC Alex Scott will be presenting MOTD Saturday night.

She has already said no. As have Shearer, Wright, Jenas (which surprised me!) and Richards

All power to them ✊️
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 21:08 - Mar 10 with 5334 viewsPaleRider

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:38 - Mar 10 by SFC_Referee

Oh sorry I thought you were being sarcastic, but sorry if you weren’t
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 20:39]

Rumbled! I was being a bit sarcastic but what you originally wrote could easily be misinterpreted. The apology is mine!
Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 21:33 - Mar 10 with 5289 viewsdirk_doone

Lineker to be hosting MOTD no longer… on 20:44 - Mar 10 by Wints76

She has already said no. As have Shearer, Wright, Jenas (which surprised me!) and Richards

All power to them ✊️

A Conservative MP was on the news saying he wants to do it. The new chairman of the BBC, Richard Sharp, could always ask his mate, Boris Johnson, to do it.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 21:38]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024