Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tino gone 14:54 - Aug 3 with 2657 viewsSonicBoom

To Newcastle.
Such a shame as he's a great player and I hoped he might stay for one season after he was supported through his injury , but no that's not football is it..
Reasonable fee for him but not as great once you take off Chelsea's sell on slice
Tino gone on 15:42 - Aug 3 with 2533 viewsPatfromPoole

We keep £24m of the £40m apparently.

I guess a £19m profit on a player who did his ACL last year has to be taken on its merits.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Tino gone on 15:47 - Aug 3 with 2520 viewsSouthamptonfan

Shame to see him go but very predictable and not surprising. We make a decent profit. Sport Republics idea of buy young to make a profit is coming to fruition. Good thing is we will have lots of money.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Tino gone on 15:50 - Aug 3 with 2512 viewsDorsetIan

Shoot me down, but did he ever do anything better than his chip pass for Walcott to score in his first friendly game?

My memory isn't what it was...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tino gone on 15:53 - Aug 3 with 2497 viewsPatfromPoole

Tino gone on 15:50 - Aug 3 by DorsetIan

Shoot me down, but did he ever do anything better than his chip pass for Walcott to score in his first friendly game?

I remember him scoring a goal, countless storming runs down the wing, and pretty solid defensively.

We missed him a lot last season.

If he is completely over his ACL, Newcastle will have a really top player.

I'm a little surprised Chelsea didn't buy him back.

Tino gone on 15:55 - Aug 3 with 2496 viewsSouthamptonfan

Tino gone on 15:50 - Aug 3 by DorsetIan

He was very lively, powerful going to be a top player BUT, he was out injured a lot as we know. We are making a massive profit for a player that might yet prove to be injury prone and his actual ability (is he actually world class?) is up in the air. I think it's a great deal. He could end up sitting on Newcastle's bench or not deemed good enough for them as they aim for world domination.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 15:56]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Tino gone on 16:15 - Aug 3 with 2442 viewsButty101

That’s a great fee for some one who’s played half premiership season then picked up a bad injury .

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tino gone on 16:39 - Aug 3 with 2381 views1teeminants

Tino gone on 15:53 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

I remember him scoring a goal, countless storming runs down the wing, and pretty solid defensively.

A really good player who will sit on his arse being an understudy to Trippier where he could have played every week for us.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Tino gone on 16:47 - Aug 3 with 2343 viewskingslandstand1

Tino gone on 16:39 - Aug 3 by 1teeminants

A really good player who will sit on his arse being an understudy to Trippier where he could have played every week for us.

But in the Championship, and no doubt probably earning half of what he'll be getting playing a few League Cup games ................

Since when has playing football come in to it
Login to get fewer ads

Tino gone on 16:49 - Aug 3 with 2330 viewskingslandstand1

Tino gone on 15:47 - Aug 3 by Southamptonfan

Shame to see him go but very predictable and not surprising. We make a decent profit. Sport Republics idea of buy young to make a profit is coming to fruition. Good thing is we will have lots of money.

When you say WE will have lots of money, that is obviously SR to be able to buy another club

How about investing in the clubs they have now such that we might try and get back to the promised land at first attempt
Tino gone on 16:57 - Aug 3 with 2303 viewsIanSouthstander

Big difference in what we held out for and their initial insulting £15m offer.

Well done Saints.
Tino gone on 17:04 - Aug 3 with 2274 viewsSFC_Referee

Lol I was just coming on to say that it’s been confirmed, as I’ve just been at Staplewood and they’ve all said there that it was happening.
Although they did also say that we’re going for Max Arrons as a replacement, and will almost certainly manage to get him in, which I am still a bit suprised by seeing how we’ve now got something like 5/6 fullbacks currently

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Tino gone on 17:16 - Aug 3 with 2244 viewsPatfromPoole

Tino gone on 17:04 - Aug 3 by SFC_Referee

Lol I was just coming on to say that it’s been confirmed, as I’ve just been at Staplewood and they’ve all said there that it was happening.
Although they did also say that we’re going for Max Arrons as a replacement, and will almost certainly manage to get him in, which I am still a bit suprised by seeing how we’ve now got something like 5/6 fullbacks currently

Walker-Peters will be off soon.

Any news on Lavia to United and is Phil Jones coming into the building?

Tino gone on 17:16 - Aug 3 with 2244 viewspjt50

Tino gone on 15:53 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

KWP was doing all that and more before Tino arrived. It was one of the few positions that you could say was settled. We ended up shoehorning KWP in on the left where he was never truly effective & then had a period of continually chopping & changing.

In terms of the overall improvement to the team Tino's impact was negligible. Like replacing Romeu with Lavia it was all about making a profit. To that end they both served their purpose.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Tino gone on 17:23 - Aug 3 with 2216 viewsSFC_Referee

Tino gone on 17:16 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

Walker-Peters will be off soon.

Any news on Lavia to United and is Phil Jones coming into the building?

Well there is a fair bit going on about Lavia joining Man U now with how long Liverpools taking, so who knows with that one. And Phil Jones wise, well I’m just saying what I was told back when I did that post, but still seems like what they were saying around Prowse was pretty accurate for what happened, just the same as our new owners from a while back.

But with KWP, well him and ABK they all seemed convinced that they’ll probably get a few last minute offers in for them right at the end of the window, as there’s been extremely little around them, but still those two I could see going or staying either way.

Tino gone on 18:30 - Aug 3 with 2066 viewssaint901

Tino gone on 15:47 - Aug 3 by Southamptonfan

No, we won't have lots of money.

The business plan is buy a young player, develop them and sell them on at a profit. That profit though does not get reinvested in new players, it goes to repay debt and pay dividends.

So w buy for £5m, sell for £24m (net) and the club keeps perhaps £6-7m and buys a new young player and the bankers/owners get £18m.
Tino gone on 19:32 - Aug 5 with 1518 viewsSFC_Referee

Tino gone on 17:04 - Aug 3 by SFC_Referee

Just listening to talksport earlier, but they said that Max Arrons was left out of the Norwich squad, and said that we are looking like we’ll be getting him as the replacement for Tino.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024