Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Che 23:48 - Aug 17 with 2378 viewssaint22

Off to the toffees by the sound of it
Fork me we need to sign some proven players asap
And preferably not on the last day of the window, strange so many other clubs are getting business done earlier.......
Che on 23:56 - Aug 17 with 2348 viewsSFC_Referee

Seeing a lot around how they’re interested in him, but nothings been accepted or such yet from what I can see. And seeing what’s happened with Sulemana, Bazunu, Alcaraz etc… I think this one looks far from certain at the moment.
But still irrelevant of whether we sell him or not, we need like another 2/3 midfielders, another centre half and even maybe another centre forward, as well as replacements for anyone else that we end up selling
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 23:58]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Che on 00:20 - Aug 18 with 2327 viewspjt50

Che on 23:56 - Aug 17 by SFC_Referee

Seeing a lot around how they’re interested in him, but nothings been accepted or such yet from what I can see. And seeing what’s happened with Sulemana, Bazunu, Alcaraz etc… I think this one looks far from certain at the moment.
But still irrelevant of whether we sell him or not, we need like another 2/3 midfielders, another centre half and even maybe another centre forward, as well as replacements for anyone else that we end up selling
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 23:58]

Don't know about the last bit. Even with the mooted departures we'll still have a big squad.

The fact is that we have no reduce numbers/wage bill. I can't see us replacing much more than half of the likely departures – even allowing for the demands of The Championship.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Che on 00:31 - Aug 18 with 2312 viewsSFC_Referee

Che on 00:20 - Aug 18 by pjt50

Don't know about the last bit. Even with the mooted departures we'll still have a big squad.

The fact is that we have no reduce numbers/wage bill. I can't see us replacing much more than half of the likely departures – even allowing for the demands of The Championship.

Yeah well we all know how the club can be at times, as it’s more what we should get rather than what we will get.
But we certainly need another 2/3 central midfielders, as we’ve currently only got Smallbone, Alcaraz, Aribo and Charles. But with Smallbone now injured, we need at least one more holding midfielder as well as another one or two more box to box ones to keep us going this season.
With centre half’s, presuming Bella-Kotcha is off, we’ve just got 3 left being Stephens, Bednerak and Lyanco, so will need at least 1 more, but should really be bringing in two more unless we’ve got one lined up to come out of the academy or something.
And with central strikers, well that’s just down to who goes and who stays, as if we keep all of who we’ve currently got, then that’ll probably do us, but if both Tall Paul and Che head off, then we’ll certainly need another one of them.

As really we need at least another 4/5 signings no matter what, and I’d we don’t get that then I sure am worried! And that’s only presuming we don’t loose anyone else, but like you’ve said and many others will, that’s all far from certain from happening when it’s us

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Che on 09:23 - Aug 18 with 2005 viewssaintwizzler

Che on 00:31 - Aug 18 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well we all know how the club can be at times, as it’s more what we should get rather than what we will get.
But we certainly need another 2/3 central midfielders, as we’ve currently only got Smallbone, Alcaraz, Aribo and Charles. But with Smallbone now injured, we need at least one more holding midfielder as well as another one or two more box to box ones to keep us going this season.
With centre half’s, presuming Bella-Kotcha is off, we’ve just got 3 left being Stephens, Bednerak and Lyanco, so will need at least 1 more, but should really be bringing in two more unless we’ve got one lined up to come out of the academy or something.
And with central strikers, well that’s just down to who goes and who stays, as if we keep all of who we’ve currently got, then that’ll probably do us, but if both Tall Paul and Che head off, then we’ll certainly need another one of them.

As really we need at least another 4/5 signings no matter what, and I’d we don’t get that then I sure am worried! And that’s only presuming we don’t loose anyone else, but like you’ve said and many others will, that’s all far from certain from happening when it’s us

We’ve still got Mara and Djenepo can play up front so no panic.
We forget how those two single-handedly DESTROYED Man City’s quadruple hopes.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Che on 09:45 - Aug 18 with 1980 viewssaints__fan__73

It's all down to the mess of last season. We are in a £160m hole due to last season's spending. No reasonable offer for any player will be turned down especially players who can walk away on a free in 12 months.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Che on 09:46 - Aug 18 with 1977 viewssaints__fan__73

Che on 00:20 - Aug 18 by pjt50

It'll be nowhere near half. We'll lose about 15 members of the 1st team squad from last season and bring in 4 or 5 new players.

Che on 10:18 - Aug 18 with 1939 viewsareasix

I am getting good vibes about JW he has maxed out on the transfers £s in holding his ground on all the big transfers. I am guessing more insignificant transfers still to happen as dont forget we ended bottom of the Premiership by quite along way from safety and a clear out was needed to reshape the team.

With three or four to come in very soon seems to be the general feeling we should have a team which will only have a few players left from the relegation team and £100m paid off our debt outstanding which was looking serious.

Personally i would like to see an experienced keeper , break up our central pairing as they have leaked goals over a number of seasons now, bring in the West Ham lad to sit in front of the defense and bring in an experienced target man. Then I would be happy.
Che on 10:21 - Aug 18 with 1932 viewsareasix

I have to say £12-15m for Che seems cheap as he might start scoring goals with another club. Must be worth £20-25m at least.
Login to get fewer ads

Che on 10:23 - Aug 18 with 1929 viewssaints__fan__73

Che on 10:18 - Aug 18 by areasix

I am getting good vibes about JW he has maxed out on the transfers £s in holding his ground on all the big transfers. I am guessing more insignificant transfers still to happen as dont forget we ended bottom of the Premiership by quite along way from safety and a clear out was needed to reshape the team.

With three or four to come in very soon seems to be the general feeling we should have a team which will only have a few players left from the relegation team and £100m paid off our debt outstanding which was looking serious.

Personally i would like to see an experienced keeper , break up our central pairing as they have leaked goals over a number of seasons now, bring in the West Ham lad to sit in front of the defense and bring in an experienced target man. Then I would be happy.

Tella and KWP going would be insignificant?

Che on 12:18 - Aug 18 with 1820 viewsIanSouthstander

Che on 10:21 - Aug 18 by areasix

I have to say £12-15m for Che seems cheap as he might start scoring goals with another club. Must be worth £20-25m at least.

Agree with this.
Che on 12:37 - Aug 18 with 1788 viewsTimSaint

His form this season has been good in the Champ - 2 in 2, from off the bench, but remember he started and played about 70 mins in the Gillingham game.

He scored what, 5 Prem goals last season ? and as he has less than a year left on his contract, we would be doing very well to get £12-15m for him.

Whether or not he features in tomorrow's squad, should give us some indication of how talks are progressing.

TimSaint

Che on 13:38 - Aug 18 with 1696 viewsSonicBoom

I don't care if Che goes. He's not suddenly become brilliant. He scored about 5 goals a season didn't he.
If we keep him then ok, but I really think that if we signed a decent finisher it would massively boost our promotion prospects. Sell him for 14 and use a few extra quid from the Lavia money to get Piroe.
Che on 13:54 - Aug 18 with 1659 viewsPatfromPoole

Che on 13:38 - Aug 18 by SonicBoom

I don't care if Che goes. He's not suddenly become brilliant. He scored about 5 goals a season didn't he.
If we keep him then ok, but I really think that if we signed a decent finisher it would massively boost our promotion prospects. Sell him for 14 and use a few extra quid from the Lavia money to get Piroe.

Piroe shouldn’t be that expensive.

As with Che, he only has a year left on his contract.

I don’t know why we have faffed about for so long with getting Piroe in.

It’s not as if we have a huge number of strikers.

The earlier you get the players in, the quicker they can build up understandings with team-mates.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Che on 13:56 - Aug 18 with 1653 viewsfelly1

Che on 13:54 - Aug 18 by PatfromPoole

The earlier you get the players in, the quicker they can build up understandings with team-mates.

It does make you wander if the club think they can make do with Armstrong and ..err Mara?
Che on 16:13 - Aug 18 with 1551 viewsRon11

Che on 13:54 - Aug 18 by PatfromPoole

Do you think Swansea will just roll over on their backs all submissive and just let Saints walk off with one of their best players?
Che on 16:18 - Aug 18 with 1544 viewssaints__fan__73

No way anyone is going to pay that amount for an average striker in the last year of his deal who they can get for free in 12 months time.

Fees are as much about remaining contract lengths as player ability, that's why Salisu went for 'only' £15m.

Che on 16:22 - Aug 18 with 1531 viewsPatfromPoole

Che on 16:13 - Aug 18 by Ron11

Do you think Swansea will just roll over on their backs all submissive and just let Saints walk off with one of their best players?

We have some (well, quite a few....) players we could send in their direction to soften the blow........

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Che on 16:36 - Aug 18 with 1502 viewshedgeend61

Che's a good championship level striker, but not a good PL striker, never in a million years would we get £20m.
You'd have thought Everton would've learnt their lesson after buying that dud Maupay, perhaps our recruitment team have moved North after the rubbish they lumbered us with last season. Tell them they can have Tall Paul for a fiver.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024