Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prowsy subbed again 15:12 - Oct 29 with 11779 viewsGRIM

Just hope the wheels haven't come off for Prowsy.
He's started but been substituted in the Hammers last 2 matches.
Prowsy subbed again on 18:01 - Oct 29 with 8029 views1885_SFC

I've been keeping an eye on JWP since his move to West Ham. Moyes played him much further forward at the start of the season but has dropped him back recently into a much more defensive midfield position in recent weeks. It's almost as if he's been told not to get too far up the pitch.

Moyes should revert to playing him as an attacking midfielder. JWP was doing fine until the change.

Old School is Cool

Prowsy subbed again on 19:44 - Oct 29 with 7949 viewsI_would

Prowsey's little lucky streak came to an end and now he's been found out jogging slowly around the middle of the park ball watching, as he was down here. England failure, only became a regular and captain for Saints as he was RH's favourite. Good riddance.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Prowsy subbed again on 20:27 - Oct 29 with 7893 viewssaintwizzler

Prowsy subbed again on 18:01 - Oct 29 by 1885_SFC

I've been keeping an eye on JWP since his move to West Ham. Moyes played him much further forward at the start of the season but has dropped him back recently into a much more defensive midfield position in recent weeks. It's almost as if he's been told not to get too far up the pitch.

Moyes should revert to playing him as an attacking midfielder. JWP was doing fine until the change.

He’s not a Defensive Midfielder.
Was played out of position at Southampton by the last 3 nincompoops.
But still, fûck him. He left.
Long live Flynnzy, Charleszy, Bonezy, Stueyzy and Aribozy.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Prowsy subbed again on 23:56 - Oct 29 with 7821 viewsdirk_doone

His fame has certainly spread far and wide. I watched the Napoli v AC Milan game today and when Raspadori scored the equaliser with a brilliant free-kick, he did an exact copy of the JWP goal celebration afterwards.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Prowsy subbed again on 01:47 - Oct 30 with 7800 viewssledger

probably just not used to playing twice a week
Prowsy subbed again on 09:28 - Oct 30 with 7667 viewsSaintNick

Prowsy subbed again on 01:47 - Oct 30 by sledger

probably just not used to playing twice a week

James Ward Prowse can proudly claim to be a Saints legend, he played 343 Premier League matches for Saints plus 1 in the Championship.

To say that it was only Hasenhuttl that played him is wrong, he started under Nigel Adkins, was a regular with Pochettino & Ronald Koeman and every Saints manager since.

His problem is that he can play in several positions, I don't think he was played in a deeper role as some sort of misguided tactic, it was out of neccessity,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Prowsy subbed again on 09:56 - Oct 30 with 7652 viewsChesham_Saint

Prowsy subbed again on 19:44 - Oct 29 by I_would

Prowsey's little lucky streak came to an end and now he's been found out jogging slowly around the middle of the park ball watching, as he was down here. England failure, only became a regular and captain for Saints as he was RH's favourite. Good riddance.

Pathetic. Move on man.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Prowsy subbed again on 10:16 - Oct 30 with 7637 viewsIfonly

Prowsy subbed again on 18:01 - Oct 29 by 1885_SFC

Yes, I noticed that looking at the line ups on MOTD. Last night I also saw Moyes saying something like "in the last few weeks we've stopped creating the chances like we did in the first few weeks of the season". I wouldn't be surprised if the these things were connected.
Login to get fewer ads

Prowsy subbed again on 10:50 - Oct 30 with 7603 views1885_SFC

Prowsy subbed again on 10:16 - Oct 30 by Ifonly

Yes, I noticed that looking at the line ups on MOTD. Last night I also saw Moyes saying something like "in the last few weeks we've stopped creating the chances like we did in the first few weeks of the season". I wouldn't be surprised if the these things were connected.

JWP was much more effective as an attacking/creative midfielder for the Hammers. Hammers fans were singing his praises. Why Moyes dropped him back is anyone's guess... maybe due to returning players from injury/suspension?

Get him back just behind the forwards Moyes! He might be a West Ham player now but I, for one, still wish him all the best. As Nick says ; a legend in this neck of the woods and Saints through & through.

Old School is Cool

Prowsy subbed again on 12:57 - Oct 30 with 7556 viewsSonicBoom

Prowsy subbed again on 19:44 - Oct 29 by I_would

I mean one of the things he was most renowned for was the fact he ran significantly further than anyone else on the pitch. They literally measure that stuff to the meter so I'm pretty sure walking around in the middle is not a criticism that you can aim at him.
Prowsy subbed again on 16:33 - Oct 30 with 7458 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 12:57 - Oct 30 by SonicBoom

I mean one of the things he was most renowned for was the fact he ran significantly further than anyone else on the pitch. They literally measure that stuff to the meter so I'm pretty sure walking around in the middle is not a criticism that you can aim at him.

People can run around slowly ie jog, and still cover plenty of ground if stats are their main focus like Prowsey. He also likes a high % pass rate so he pings the ball straight back as he doesn't like possession of the ball. If Moyes picks him again, as he obviously regrets signing him already, watch Prowse closely and you will see jog, jog, jog, pass, pass and that's it, can't tackle, head or dribble with the ball. Facts. We're laughing and 100k pw better off. Even our poorly playing Smallbone is better than that sloth.

Quote from WH v Everton forum "JWP. If he doesn't whip a corner in well, what else does he offer?"
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 16:38]

Prowsy subbed again on 17:53 - Oct 30 with 7408 views1885_SFC

Prowsy subbed again on 16:33 - Oct 30 by I_would

People can run around slowly ie jog, and still cover plenty of ground if stats are their main focus like Prowsey. He also likes a high % pass rate so he pings the ball straight back as he doesn't like possession of the ball. If Moyes picks him again, as he obviously regrets signing him already, watch Prowse closely and you will see jog, jog, jog, pass, pass and that's it, can't tackle, head or dribble with the ball. Facts. We're laughing and 100k pw better off. Even our poorly playing Smallbone is better than that sloth.

Quote from WH v Everton forum "JWP. If he doesn't whip a corner in well, what else does he offer?"

The Hammers fans are moaning that JWP is playing too deep to have any effect.

It's Moyes having dropped him too far back that's the problem. JWP is much better taking over Rice's role like he was doing. Blame Moyes - not JWP.

Old School is Cool

Prowsy subbed again on 10:34 - Oct 31 with 7257 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 17:53 - Oct 30 by 1885_SFC

The Hammers fans are moaning that JWP is playing too deep to have any effect.

It's Moyes having dropped him too far back that's the problem. JWP is much better taking over Rice's role like he was doing. Blame Moyes - not JWP.

He deserted the ship when it was most needed and we're 100k pw better off, and he's gone so who cares?

Prowsy subbed again on 11:25 - Oct 31 with 7229 views1885_SFC

Prowsy subbed again on 10:34 - Oct 31 by I_would

He deserted the ship when it was most needed and we're 100k pw better off, and he's gone so who cares?

"He deserted the ship when it was most needed".

Would you rather he stayed then?

Old School is Cool

Prowsy subbed again on 11:46 - Oct 31 with 7218 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 11:25 - Oct 31 by 1885_SFC

"He deserted the ship when it was most needed".

Would you rather he stayed then?

Of course not, couldn't stand the sloth but why are Saints fans interested in what he does when he has let them down and gone? Can't he just be consigned to history? Fook the stat-stealing joggy tw*t.

Prowsy subbed again on 13:01 - Oct 31 with 7183 viewsNumber_58

Prowsy subbed again on 16:33 - Oct 30 by I_would

You're a nutter.
Prowsy subbed again on 14:44 - Oct 31 with 7156 viewsChesham_Saint

Prowsy subbed again on 11:46 - Oct 31 by I_would

Of course not, couldn't stand the sloth but why are Saints fans interested in what he does when he has let them down and gone? Can't he just be consigned to history? Fook the stat-stealing joggy tw*t.

Fvck off, you skate git..

Prowsy subbed again on 15:06 - Oct 31 with 7147 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 14:44 - Oct 31 by Chesham_Saint

Fvck off, you skate git..

Prowsey was the skate you ignorant tw*t. You f**k off.

Prowsy subbed again on 16:24 - Oct 31 with 7114 viewssaint901

Play nicely children!

Mr I would has a reputation for not thinking much about JWP.

For me he was a managers dream player. Reliable, worked hard, did the simple things well, produced the occasional worldie, buried himself as a defensive mid when asked to, didn't ask for a transfer but the club decided to cash in.

At WHU he has consistently been voted as their best player in games, even when subbed off, and has been their most consistent performer.

Would he improve our team? Absolutely.

Did we miss his quality when he left? Absolutely. (A fact that Mr I would conveniently ignores).

Regardless, it's easier to double down on a wrong position than accept you are wrong and admit it, so we'll see more criticism of JWP before long I'm sure.
Prowsy subbed again on 16:48 - Oct 31 with 7090 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 16:24 - Oct 31 by saint901

Play nicely children!

Mr I would has a reputation for not thinking much about JWP.

For me he was a managers dream player. Reliable, worked hard, did the simple things well, produced the occasional worldie, buried himself as a defensive mid when asked to, didn't ask for a transfer but the club decided to cash in.

At WHU he has consistently been voted as their best player in games, even when subbed off, and has been their most consistent performer.

Would he improve our team? Absolutely.

Did we miss his quality when he left? Absolutely. (A fact that Mr I would conveniently ignores).

Regardless, it's easier to double down on a wrong position than accept you are wrong and admit it, so we'll see more criticism of JWP before long I'm sure.

And he stood on the burning deck with his Captains armband on looking out to sea while we went down. Thanks Prowsey. You were a good captain and helped us a lot. We gradually declined over your three year Captaincy until we were relegated. Great. You're really missed.

He's been found out already at WH as I predicted. Won't be long before he's surfing pine for 90.

Why not talk about our present players, especially the ones that aren't skates, ie, all of them.

Prowsy subbed again on 16:48 - Oct 31 with 7090 viewsChesham_Saint

Prowsy subbed again on 15:06 - Oct 31 by I_would

Prowsey was the skate you ignorant tw*t. You f**k off.

Then don't make skate style comments about Saints players to the point of obsession. There is no sympathy for your cause on here, so 'read the room' you tvvat.

Prowsy subbed again on 17:10 - Oct 31 with 7081 viewsI_would

Prowsy subbed again on 16:48 - Oct 31 by Chesham_Saint

Then don't make skate style comments about Saints players to the point of obsession. There is no sympathy for your cause on here, so 'read the room' you tvvat.

I'm thinking probably that you can't help it.

Prowsy subbed again on 08:54 - Nov 1 with 6968 viewsNumber_58

Prowsy subbed again on 16:48 - Oct 31 by I_would

And he stood on the burning deck with his Captains armband on looking out to sea while we went down. Thanks Prowsey. You were a good captain and helped us a lot. We gradually declined over your three year Captaincy until we were relegated. Great. You're really missed.

He's been found out already at WH as I predicted. Won't be long before he's surfing pine for 90.

Why not talk about our present players, especially the ones that aren't skates, ie, all of them.

I imagine if you'd been around 30 years ago you'd have been writing letters to the Echo moaning about the fat bloke who jogs around the pitch not doing a lot and telling everyone we'd be much better off without him. Come to think of it, you're not Ian Branfoot are you?
Prowsy subbed again on 10:50 - Nov 1 with 6938 viewsChesham_Saint

Prowsy subbed again on 17:10 - Oct 31 by I_would

I'm thinking probably that you can't help it.

Whatever....

Prowsy subbed again on 19:28 - Nov 1 with 6827 viewsSFC_Referee

Well he’s not even starting today in their cup game against Arsenal! Starts on the bench, for what looks like a pretty strong squad for West Ham

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024