Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planned Stadium Changes Released 17:53 - Feb 27 with 2074 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/st-marys-stadium-developments?

Away fans will be in the corner and on the side. They won't be behind the goal at all. Great to remove away fans from behind the goal, I think. But the plans bring about one dilemma. The fans that want to stand and sing, are likely to also want to be near the away fans arn't they?

So, why not have the safe standing in the Chapel, so that all the singers and standers are together, but also next to away fans?
[Post edited 27 Feb 17:57]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 17:59 - Feb 27 with 2045 viewsBLEEDRED

Stop talking sense
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 18:06 - Feb 27 with 2021 viewsTripleNiemi

Sōd that, I want to be where the best wifi signal and USB charging ports are. Gotta keep up with the Social Media posts and vids of the Limbs…..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 18:11 - Feb 27 with 2010 viewsgrumpy

What's is all this
' The fans that want to stand and sing, are likely to also want to be near the away fans arn't they?'
Fans will be able to see and hear away fans
Brilliant proposals and long overdue, credit to the club for trying to improve the atmosphere.
Our own end
[Post edited 27 Feb 18:20]
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 18:35 - Feb 27 with 1959 viewsSouthamptonfan

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 18:11 - Feb 27 by grumpy

What's is all this
' The fans that want to stand and sing, are likely to also want to be near the away fans arn't they?'
Brilliant proposals and long overdue, credit to the club for trying to improve the atmosphere.
Our own end

The main singers at St Mary's are currently in the Northam and the Itchen North. They are there because they like being near the away fans. If you are a fan who wants to stand and also be near the away fans, won't have that choice. I can't imagine that there will be any fans who want to stand but don't want to be near the away fans. I like the changes and moving away fans but why not make the Chapel our home end with standing? That way, we have a new home end, away fans in the corner, a new safe standing area and not any fans tempted to go and be near the away fans and not in our new home end.
[Post edited 27 Feb 18:38]

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 18:46 - Feb 27 with 1936 viewsgrumpy

Can you imagine the trouble you will get if you have 'Standing' at the Chaple next to the away fans? There would have to be a large segregated area.
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 19:00 - Feb 27 with 1907 viewsSouthamptonfan

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 18:46 - Feb 27 by grumpy

Can you imagine the trouble you will get if you have 'Standing' at the Chaple next to the away fans? There would have to be a large segregated area.

That's true, but that segregation can be planned. You will otherwise have people choosing to sit next to the away fans and many of those will stand in the seated areas. I assume that with a standing area being available, the club will take a hard line against anyone standing anywhere else. But in tense games, Pompey for example, if we don't go up, the fans next to away fans will want to stand. Just make the area where people are most likely to stand, the standing area in my opinion.
[Post edited 27 Feb 19:02]

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 20:01 - Feb 27 with 1809 viewshedgeend61

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 18:11 - Feb 27 by grumpy

What's is all this
Our own end

If you could tell us why 100's if not maybe 1000's of Saints fans won't move to the Chapel end to be next to the away fans and bait them like now?
That would be much appreciated. Merci
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 20:48 - Feb 27 with 1720 viewsgrumpy

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 20:01 - Feb 27 by hedgeend61

If you could tell us why 100's if not maybe 1000's of Saints fans won't move to the Chapel end to be next to the away fans and bait them like now?
That would be much appreciated. Merci

Why don't you just wait and see if they do? d'accord
Login to get fewer ads

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:03 - Feb 27 with 1668 viewshedgeend61

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 20:48 - Feb 27 by grumpy

Why don't you just wait and see if they do? d'accord

I know they will, anyone with just one braincell would know it's a 100% stone cold certainty that they will.

You obviously think they won't, tell us why?, it's a simple question.
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:42 - Feb 27 with 1599 viewsgrumpy

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:03 - Feb 27 by hedgeend61

I know they will, anyone with just one braincell would know it's a 100% stone cold certainty that they will.

You obviously think they won't, tell us why?, it's a simple question.

Perhaps some will(probably the ones with one braincell) but I don't think the majority will bother.
[Post edited 27 Feb 21:44]
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:43 - Feb 27 with 1596 viewssaintmark1976

From a fan safety point of view I’m not so sure that having the away fans at the same end of the stadium as the family centre makes a lot of sense. Imagine what the idiot Millwall fans would have done after the game on Saturday mingling with Mums and Dads and their children..

Where is it suggested the away fans coaches will be parked? If they remain in Britannia Rd the away fans will have to walk half way around the stadium to their area, with more opportunity for trouble.
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:52 - Feb 27 with 1573 viewsSouthamptonfan

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:43 - Feb 27 by saintmark1976

From a fan safety point of view I’m not so sure that having the away fans at the same end of the stadium as the family centre makes a lot of sense. Imagine what the idiot Millwall fans would have done after the game on Saturday mingling with Mums and Dads and their children..

Where is it suggested the away fans coaches will be parked? If they remain in Britannia Rd the away fans will have to walk half way around the stadium to their area, with more opportunity for trouble.

The away fans coaches will park in the industrial estate behind the Chapel, down that road in the corner. That corner will be completely sectioned off and will be away fans only in that corner and in the road behind the chapel, railway side. Away fans will get off their coaches in the road behind the Chapel and be directed straight to their corner of the ground. They won't be walking to and from Brittannia road as the coaches won't park there anymore. Away fans arriving by train will be sent through the back way, through the industrial estate. They will no longer come over Northam Bridge and down Brittannia road. The rest of the stadium will be home fans only, with away fans in the industrial estate at the back of the stadium. After the game, they will disperse through the industrial estate, straight back onto their coach, without any meeting with home fans at all if they travel by coach.
[Post edited 27 Feb 21:56]

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:56 - Feb 27 with 1568 viewsgrumpy

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:43 - Feb 27 by saintmark1976

I think the idiot Millwall fans(they are not all idiots) would have a riot in an empty room.
As for the away coaches I'm sure there would be a plan,have to ask those organizing the move.
[Post edited 27 Feb 23:00]
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:56 - Feb 27 with 1563 viewscocklebreath

Why is everyone so concerned about away fans getting to and from stadium? How many times have we seen trouble in the last few years? Hardly ever, it’s not the 70/80’s. We’ve just had the nawtiest fans in the country down and pretty much nothing happened.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 09:19 - Feb 28 with 1380 views1ASIN12

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 21:56 - Feb 27 by cocklebreath

Why is everyone so concerned about away fans getting to and from stadium? How many times have we seen trouble in the last few years? Hardly ever, it’s not the 70/80’s. We’ve just had the nawtiest fans in the country down and pretty much nothing happened.

Exactly that . I walk up Britannia Road after every home game and only a handful of times in the 20 or so years have I seen any minor disturbances.
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 09:34 - Feb 28 with 1352 viewsChesham_Saint

Maybe I’ve missed it, but what effect will this have on capacity? I assume an increase?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 10:02 - Feb 28 with 1313 viewsBridders2

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 09:34 - Feb 28 by Chesham_Saint

Maybe I’ve missed it, but what effect will this have on capacity? I assume an increase?

I recall somewhere that safe standing means you can increase capacity.
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 10:43 - Feb 28 with 1268 views1ASIN12

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 10:02 - Feb 28 by Bridders2

I recall somewhere that safe standing means you can increase capacity.

No , safe standing has a 1 to 1 ratio with seating.

That may change in the future but at present there will be no increase in capacity.
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 11:03 - Feb 28 with 1236 viewsarfurdent

are the SMS PR faries actually playing games by releasing an intial proposal which is designed to upset the maximum amount of fans and then look good when they roll it back

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 11:12 - Feb 28 with 1214 viewssaints__fan__73

As was said many times on previous threads it looks as if no approval has been gained from Council/Police to move away fans.

I assume all that will happen is that some of the Northam will be made safe standing.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 11:12 - Feb 28 with 1212 viewsgrumpy

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 11:03 - Feb 28 by arfurdent

are the SMS PR faries actually playing games by releasing an intial proposal which is designed to upset the maximum amount of fans and then look good when they roll it back

Nonsense and you said it twice.
Planned Stadium Changes Released on 11:36 - Feb 28 with 1168 viewsarfurdent

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 11:12 - Feb 28 by grumpy

Nonsense and you said it twice.

two threads on the same subject

just as likely as the picture on the SMS website

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 16:55 - Feb 28 with 975 viewsLondonSaint76

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 11:36 - Feb 28 by arfurdent

two threads on the same subject

That sounds just like the old PA system at The Dell back in the early 70’s - Number, Number, Number, 7, 7, 7, Terry, Terry, Terry, Paine, Paine, Paine 🙂⚽️🙂
[Post edited 5 Mar 22:53]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 17:26 - Feb 28 with 941 viewsarfurdent

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 16:55 - Feb 28 by LondonSaint76

That sounds just like the old PA system at The Dell back in the early 70’s - Number, Number, Number, 7, 7, 7, Terry, Terry, Terry, Paine, Paine, Paine 🙂⚽️🙂
[Post edited 5 Mar 22:53]

Planned Stadium Changes Released on 20:34 - Mar 5 with 633 views1ASIN12

Stoke City are also planning on having a “home end” behind both goals and moving away fans to the
corner.

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2024/march/05/potters-announce-atmosphere-enhan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024