Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team in red and white concede more than 9? 20:17 - Mar 4 with 1223 viewsButty101

Arsenal 3-0 up in 13 mins

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:22 - Mar 4 with 1201 viewsgrumpy

I can see this on the cards
Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:26 - Mar 4 with 1185 viewsButty101

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:22 - Mar 4 by grumpy

I can see this on the cards

4 in 24

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 1147 viewsButty101

5 in 40 come on arse

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 1147 viewshedgeend61

Arsenal will probably declare at Half Time
Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:55 - Mar 4 with 1110 viewsdirk_doone

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:41 - Mar 4 by hedgeend61

Arsenal will probably declare at Half Time

A lot of teams do when they have such a big halftime lead but, unfortunately, not against us. You'd expect them to take it easy in the 2nd half to rest up for their next game but what might make Arsenal keep going is the desire to increase the goal difference lead they have over Man City and Liverpool. it's as good as an extra point at the end of the season.

It's worth mentioning at this point Pompey's record top flight defeat:

Leicester 10-0 Portsmouth
[Post edited 5 Mar 9:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 07:25 - Mar 5 with 971 viewssolent_toffee

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:55 - Mar 4 by dirk_doone

A lot of teams do when they have such a big halftime lead but, unfortunately, not against us. You'd expect them to take it easy in the 2nd half to rest up for their next game but what might make Arsenal keep going is the desire to increase the goal difference lead they have over Man City and Liverpool. it's as good as an extra point at the end of the season.

At least when Saints lost their two nine nillers, there was a genuine excuse of having players sent off early on. That was awful from Sheffield Utd. I do feel for their fans, they are absolutely hating being in the PL. They’ve spent the season largely getting mocked or ignored. I know a few blades and they cant wait to be back in the championship away from the cockfestthat is the PL.
Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 07:34 - Mar 5 with 958 viewsPortchy_Blue

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:55 - Mar 4 by dirk_doone

Fear not, you're record is still in tact.

On another point, this is actually bollocks.

"It's worth mentioning at this point the record top flight defeat:

Leicester 10-0 Portsmouth"

Must try harder.
Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 08:27 - Mar 5 with 935 viewsdirk_doone

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 07:34 - Mar 5 by Portchy_Blue

Fear not, you're record is still in tact.

On another point, this is actually bollocks.

"It's worth mentioning at this point the record top flight defeat:

Leicester 10-0 Portsmouth"

Must try harder.

Don't tell me you don't know your own club's history:

"Record defeat
0-10 v Leicester City, Division One"

"The most remarkable game of the season came on 20 October 1928 in which Leicester thrashed Portsmouth 10-0, which still stands as Leicester's record league victory. The club's all-time record goalscorer Arthur Chandler netted an incredible six goals in the game."

[Post edited 5 Mar 8:31]

Login to get fewer ads

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 08:52 - Mar 5 with 899 viewsPortchy_Blue

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 08:27 - Mar 5 by dirk_doone

Don't tell me you don't know your own club's history:

"Record defeat
0-10 v Leicester City, Division One"

"The most remarkable game of the season came on 20 October 1928 in which Leicester thrashed Portsmouth 10-0, which still stands as Leicester's record league victory. The club's all-time record goalscorer Arthur Chandler netted an incredible six goals in the game."

[Post edited 5 Mar 8:31]

I do know our history indeed.

You stated it was the Record top flight defeat. This is factually incorrect. However, yes, It is our record defeat.

For the record, the highest top flight defeat was recorded by Nottingham Forest v Leicester Fosse - 12-0.
Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 09:00 - Mar 5 with 889 viewsTimSaint

It would have been double figures if Holgate had been playing, but he was suspended last night.

TimSaint

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 09:42 - Mar 5 with 846 viewsdirk_doone

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 08:52 - Mar 5 by Portchy_Blue

I do know our history indeed.

You stated it was the Record top flight defeat. This is factually incorrect. However, yes, It is our record defeat.

For the record, the highest top flight defeat was recorded by Nottingham Forest v Leicester Fosse - 12-0.

I'll edit that then. Let's face it, the more Leicester's record 10-0 league victory gets discussed, the better.

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 16:03 - Mar 5 with 734 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Looks like the PL record for red and white teams is safe then

Soton 0 Leicester 9
Man Utd 9 Soton 0

and if including Red and Black kit, we get
Liverpool 9 Bournemouth 0

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 16:12 - Mar 5 with 726 views1885_SFC

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 09:00 - Mar 5 by TimSaint

It would have been double figures if Holgate had been playing, but he was suspended last night.

Luckily for The Blades - otherwise last night could have been really embarrassing.

Old School is Cool

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:13 - Mar 5 with 653 viewskingslandstand1

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 07:25 - Mar 5 by solent_toffee

At least when Saints lost their two nine nillers, there was a genuine excuse of having players sent off early on. That was awful from Sheffield Utd. I do feel for their fans, they are absolutely hating being in the PL. They’ve spent the season largely getting mocked or ignored. I know a few blades and they cant wait to be back in the championship away from the cockfestthat is the PL.

I was wondering watching that last night whether we actually do want to go up this season noting the difference in class with that gap between Prem and Chumpship getting wider

No great shock that the 3 that went up look like coming down and the 3 that came down (posibly) going back up
Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:40 - Mar 5 with 625 viewsgrumpy

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 20:13 - Mar 5 by kingslandstand1

I was wondering watching that last night whether we actually do want to go up this season noting the difference in class with that gap between Prem and Chumpship getting wider

No great shock that the 3 that went up look like coming down and the 3 that came down (posibly) going back up

Its a conundrum.
We need the money that the Premiership supply's but cant afford to buy the players to maintain a position within it.
The Championship is entertaining if you're winning more than you're losing but if don't get promoted we will lose our some of our best players.
Pompey look like they will be in the Championship next season and as much as I enjoy the rivalry I really don't like the thought of losing to them,not saying we will.
Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 21:28 - Mar 5 with 598 viewsSaintNick

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 16:03 - Mar 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Looks like the PL record for red and white teams is safe then

Soton 0 Leicester 9
Man Utd 9 Soton 0

and if including Red and Black kit, we get
Liverpool 9 Bournemouth 0

The record defeat for a team in Blue in a Saints V Pompey testimonial game is 7-0 at Fratton Park

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 11:59 - Mar 7 with 419 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 21:28 - Mar 5 by SaintNick

The record defeat for a team in Blue in a Saints V Pompey testimonial game is 7-0 at Fratton Park

I think your Premier League game defeat will be safe for a while yet Nick

Another record your club has got the claim on

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 12:24 - Mar 7 with 393 viewsPatfromPoole

Team in red and white concede more than 9? on 11:59 - Mar 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think your Premier League game defeat will be safe for a while yet Nick

Another record your club has got the claim on

Not exclusively, Comical Ali.

As you are fully aware.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024