Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose 21:54 - Dec 15 with 914 viewsSaintNick

West Brom backs to the wall at Man City but held on with the keeper making some amazing saves in the last minutes to stay at 1-1.

But will we get the back lash when they arrive on Saturday

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 21:57 - Dec 15 with 907 viewsdarthvader

If west brom pressed them they could have won that game .

We can win but a tough game for both teams me thinks

keep the faith coyr

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:00 - Dec 15 with 887 viewsdirk_doone

There is no team this season which is streets ahead of the rest. Man City were still the bookies favourites before tonight's game. IF we win the next 2, the league title is most likely between us, Spurs and Liverpool; lose them and the dream is over. As you said, Nick, the next 2 games are critical. Whoever is top at Christmas usually wins the league.

I think Ralph believes he has built a team capable of winning the league and I trust in him. Watching Guardiola falling apart tonight, like a lunatic, made me think that we have the best manager in the league.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 22:03]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:03 - Dec 15 with 882 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:00 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

There is no team this season which is streets ahead of the rest. Man City were still the bookies favourites before tonight's game. IF we win the next 2, the league title is most likely between us, Spurs and Liverpool; lose them and the dream is over. As you said, Nick, the next 2 games are critical. Whoever is top at Christmas usually wins the league.

I think Ralph believes he has built a team capable of winning the league and I trust in him. Watching Guardiola falling apart tonight, like a lunatic, made me think that we have the best manager in the league.

Saints are right in there with a good chance of winning the Premier league. We need to win tomorrow though.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:18 - Dec 15 with 849 viewsdarthvader

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:03 - Dec 15 by Saintsforeverj

Saints are right in there with a good chance of winning the Premier league. We need to win tomorrow though.

Agreed . Loving the fact that this is even a thing that can actually be said .
Remember when Adams said similar in an interview ?

The way that other results are going our way is quite pleasing .

I bet our next couple of opponents are not looking foward to playing us thats for sure

keep the faith coyr

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:20 - Dec 15 with 843 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:03 - Dec 15 by Saintsforeverj

Well we're 100/1 tonight, I'm sure iI read 300/1 at the weekend
Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:25 - Dec 15 with 825 viewsdirk_doone

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:18 - Dec 15 by darthvader

Agreed . Loving the fact that this is even a thing that can actually be said .
Remember when Adams said similar in an interview ?

The way that other results are going our way is quite pleasing .

I bet our next couple of opponents are not looking foward to playing us thats for sure

At the moment, there are only three teams that other teams fear facing: Spurs, Liverpool and Southampton. But, a couple of losses and that mask of invulnerability will drop. We just have to keep winning. It's a relentless season and we can't afford to crack.

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:59 - Dec 15 with 769 viewsdarthvader

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:20 - Dec 15 by kingslandstand1

Start of this season we were 750/1

keep the faith coyr

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 23:22 - Dec 15 with 739 viewsdirk_doone

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:20 - Dec 15 by kingslandstand1

Yes, we are 100/1 7th favourites to win the league while Man City, who have just drawn with West Brom, are 7/4 2nd favourites. Beat them and those odds are going to look seriously silly.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 23:23]

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 23:41 - Dec 15 with 723 viewsBicester_North

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 23:22 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

Yes, we are 100/1 7th favourites to win the league while Man City, who have just drawn with West Brom, are 7/4 2nd favourites. Beat them and those odds are going to look seriously silly.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 23:23]

We all know the reason for longer odds is our squad depth.

Yes our first 13 or 14 can beat any team this season but a few key injuries for any more than a couple of games would damage us a lot more than the rich clubs.

Luckily Ralph has got more players getting on the score sheet so when Ings was out it wasn’t the disaster it would’ve been last season.

The defence and CM is more of a worry, if either full back or centre half is out for a while.
Also feel that JWP needs to stay fit as he is the main creator.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 10:23 - Dec 16 with 552 viewsSaintNick

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 22:00 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

Dirk just a quick point, you are right Xmas is usually a good pointer as to who will win the league or at least challenge for it, but this season we will be 4 games behind the number of games usually played by then.

So where we are after the game at Leicester on 16th January will probably be a better guide this year as that will be the half way mark

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 10:40 - Dec 16 with 530 viewsSonicBoom

Like others I'm delighted and amazed that we can even talk about winning the league without it sounding utterly deluded.
I still think it's very much a pipe dream. I still think we are competing to be the best of the rest as I think there is still a gap in class between us and the traditional big 6. I think United proved that when they beat us. I just don't think we will beat the teams around us which is what you need to do to win the league.

The odds are interesting though. I really know nothing about betting but I have to admit to putting a pound on us beating Arsenal 4-0 tonight. It's 100-1. you never know, we might get one and they implode!
Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 11:39 - Dec 16 with 500 viewsKennington

If we finish top 6 it will have been frankly amazing. I can’t see us finishing higher than 6th as if injuries come then we don’t have that interchangeable second XI of top players that the others have. I’m still in the camp of counting down the 6 more wins to get us to safety.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 11:58 - Dec 16 with 482 viewssaint22

If we win our next two then people will sit up and take notice
If we come out of the festive period top 4 then there will be all sorts of "can they do a Leicester" chat going on
Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 12:00 - Dec 16 with 481 viewssaint22

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 11:39 - Dec 16 by Kennington

If we finish top 6 it will have been frankly amazing. I can’t see us finishing higher than 6th as if injuries come then we don’t have that interchangeable second XI of top players that the others have. I’m still in the camp of counting down the 6 more wins to get us to safety.

No way do we need 6 more wins this year
4 will do it
Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 12:17 - Dec 16 with 463 viewsfranniesTache

As i've said elsewhere about winning the league, it ain't going to happen, what will happen is we'll hit the busy xmas period where we play Leicester, City, Liverpool and Arsenal twice, we'll find our squad isn't deep enough and lose a few games dropping us out of the top four.

Then we'll get the January window, the teams with more cash will improve and push up the table we'll ultimately finish 6/7th, probably get Europa league qualifiers (which we'll lose before getting to the group stage).

I'll take Europa league too as it'll be a great achievement, but lets not pretend we can win the league, Liverpool or Spurs will do that, and the money will catch up with us at some point too.

Mind you given we're looking likely to not be fighting relegation this season then i hope we go balls out for a cup win.
Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:00 - Dec 16 with 418 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 12:17 - Dec 16 by franniesTache

As i've said elsewhere about winning the league, it ain't going to happen, what will happen is we'll hit the busy xmas period where we play Leicester, City, Liverpool and Arsenal twice, we'll find our squad isn't deep enough and lose a few games dropping us out of the top four.

Then we'll get the January window, the teams with more cash will improve and push up the table we'll ultimately finish 6/7th, probably get Europa league qualifiers (which we'll lose before getting to the group stage).

I'll take Europa league too as it'll be a great achievement, but lets not pretend we can win the league, Liverpool or Spurs will do that, and the money will catch up with us at some point too.

Mind you given we're looking likely to not be fighting relegation this season then i hope we go balls out for a cup win.

After so many years of dipping out it’s really hard to change a defeatist mindset.

Tonight for example Arsenal are there for the taking, but I just remember all those fruitless trips up there before and being robbed (or worse, caned) so many times. My head tells me we have every right to expect a victory tonight, my heart tells me something completely different, as in a last minute (that is the 99th minute) equaliser or undeserved winner for “the Arsenal”.

As for the League, we have a remote chance, but I suspect you’re right the reality will be Europa. That said, I do feel the green shoots of optimism burgeoningwith Ralph....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:18 - Dec 16 with 412 viewsfranniesTache

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:00 - Dec 16 by Chesham_Saint

After so many years of dipping out it’s really hard to change a defeatist mindset.

Tonight for example Arsenal are there for the taking, but I just remember all those fruitless trips up there before and being robbed (or worse, caned) so many times. My head tells me we have every right to expect a victory tonight, my heart tells me something completely different, as in a last minute (that is the 99th minute) equaliser or undeserved winner for “the Arsenal”.

As for the League, we have a remote chance, but I suspect you’re right the reality will be Europa. That said, I do feel the green shoots of optimism burgeoningwith Ralph....

If i looked at tonight objectively and saw that on paper 4th in the league were playing 15th in the league i'd put my money on the side that were fourth and flying.

But it's not objective it's saints, and our record at Arsenal is worse than our record at Goodison, or our record in Newcastle. At none of those grounds do i ever expect anything, it doesn't matter how good we are and how bad they are we just don't win there.
Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:25 - Dec 16 with 404 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:18 - Dec 16 by franniesTache

If i looked at tonight objectively and saw that on paper 4th in the league were playing 15th in the league i'd put my money on the side that were fourth and flying.

But it's not objective it's saints, and our record at Arsenal is worse than our record at Goodison, or our record in Newcastle. At none of those grounds do i ever expect anything, it doesn't matter how good we are and how bad they are we just don't win there.

Indeed....but if we did and then got some kind of result against City, what would you be thinking then Frannie?

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:25 - Dec 16 with 404 viewsButty101

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:18 - Dec 16 by franniesTache

I think we will get Arsenal putting a shift in tonight. I would happily take a draw now.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:25 - Dec 16 with 403 viewsfranniesTache

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:25 - Dec 16 by Chesham_Saint

Indeed....but if we did and then got some kind of result against City, what would you be thinking then Frannie?

That we're 6 points closer to safety
Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:35 - Dec 16 with 395 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:25 - Dec 16 by franniesTache

That we're 6 points closer to safety

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 14:38 - Dec 16 with 394 viewsBerber

Saints Stay 4th Man City Draw & Chelsea lose on 23:41 - Dec 15 by Bicester_North

We all know the reason for longer odds is our squad depth.

Yes our first 13 or 14 can beat any team this season but a few key injuries for any more than a couple of games would damage us a lot more than the rich clubs.

Luckily Ralph has got more players getting on the score sheet so when Ings was out it wasn’t the disaster it would’ve been last season.

The defence and CM is more of a worry, if either full back or centre half is out for a while.
Also feel that JWP needs to stay fit as he is the main creator.

Also, our consistency is doubtful. Even so, people had the same questions about Leicester when they won the league so who knows? I will still be happy if we manage to scrape into the top 10.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024