Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mobile phone lights 22:26 - Feb 5 with 1539 viewsPatfromPoole

Not sure what’s going on there.

Could even see plenty of them in the Kingsland North, surprisingly.

Itchen North was decent today, I thought.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Mobile phone lights on 22:31 - Feb 5 with 1516 viewsBicester_North

There were plenty all round the ground sadly. Do these people think they’re at an Elton John concert? I can only hope it’s nearly all kids.
The Coventry fans rightly sang what the f*cking hell is that.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Mobile phone lights on 22:33 - Feb 5 with 1508 viewskingslandstand1

Mobile phone lights on 22:31 - Feb 5 by Bicester_North

There were plenty all round the ground sadly. Do these people think they’re at an Elton John concert? I can only hope it’s nearly all kids.

They also sang "it's an embarrassment" which is about right
Mobile phone lights on 22:53 - Feb 5 with 1472 viewsSaintsforeverj

They either think they at a concert or they are religious and think they are in a Cathedral. Light is a huge symbol in many religions. Perhaps they think the light will bring good luck from God? We did score quite soon after it happened. This is all I can think of after a few drinks on a Saturday night.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Mobile phone lights on 22:58 - Feb 5 with 1466 viewsElijahK

Mobile phone lights on 22:33 - Feb 5 by kingslandstand1

They also sang "it's an embarrassment" which is about right

Quite a few of us joined in, in the Northam! As it’s just pathetic, which makes you wonder if it’ll become some sort of trend now, especially seeing how most weren’t kids, but adults and if I recall correctly happened when we played City (or it may have been Spurs). It really does make you wonder of where footballs heading and how long it’ll be until they don’t allow you to stand up at grounds or sing songs with swearing in them!?
As like others have already said on here, those who are doing it really do seem to not realise that they’re at a football game and not some primary school play!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Mobile phone lights on 23:01 - Feb 5 with 1461 viewsBicester_North

Mobile phone lights on 22:58 - Feb 5 by ElijahK

Quite a few of us joined in, in the Northam! As it’s just pathetic, which makes you wonder if it’ll become some sort of trend now, especially seeing how most weren’t kids, but adults and if I recall correctly happened when we played City (or it may have been Spurs). It really does make you wonder of where footballs heading and how long it’ll be until they don’t allow you to stand up at grounds or sing songs with swearing in them!?
As like others have already said on here, those who are doing it really do seem to not realise that they’re at a football game and not some primary school play!

It happened v Brentford

Mobile phone lights on 23:29 - Feb 5 with 1411 viewsElijahK

Mobile phone lights on 23:01 - Feb 5 by Bicester_North

It happened v Brentford

Yeah well just seen someone post about it on Facebook, and well the responses they’ve got on there just sums up how modern day fans are on there getting told that their being “toxic masculinity” and how it’s just a little thing that’s perfectly fine etc. Sheesh I just hope that those people don’t go to the next time we play the skates, or we’ll never hear the end of that
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 23:30]

Mobile phone lights on 23:55 - Feb 5 with 1379 viewsBicester_North

Mobile phone lights on 23:29 - Feb 5 by ElijahK

Yeah well just seen someone post about it on Facebook, and well the responses they’ve got on there just sums up how modern day fans are on there getting told that their being “toxic masculinity” and how it’s just a little thing that’s perfectly fine etc. Sheesh I just hope that those people don’t go to the next time we play the skates, or we’ll never hear the end of that

I’m sure this opinion would be frowned upon but Saints do seem to have more women going to matches than a lot of other clubs, maybe this could be the reason for this bizarre phone light business.

Mobile phone lights on 23:58 - Feb 5 with 1375 viewsElijahK

Mobile phone lights on 23:55 - Feb 5 by Bicester_North

I’m sure this opinion would be frowned upon but Saints do seem to have more women going to matches than a lot of other clubs, maybe this could be the reason for this bizarre phone light business.

Well in all fairness it wasn’t just women saying that the lights were ok and such, and I saw many men and women doing them today, but I just hope it doesn’t become some repetitive trend and that it was just due to it being an FA Cup game that had loads of families and such there
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 23:59]

Login to get fewer ads

Mobile phone lights on 00:11 - Feb 6 with 1350 viewscocklebreath

It’s not right, at first the Coventry fans seemed rightly confused and then sang what the f£Kim hell was that.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Mobile phone lights on 07:47 - Feb 6 with 1230 viewsJaySaint

Our fans are weird.
We have 2 songs. Oh when the saints, and pompey get battered 4-0 at home.

That is it

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Mobile phone lights on 08:39 - Feb 6 with 1165 viewsNumber_58

I generally couldn't give a toss about what the oppo sing about us (apart from "you've only got one song" because, embarrassingly for us, they are totally correct). Let's face it, how many of those 5000 Cov fans know what a library looks like.
I genuinely think we should get the band in to play during matches; just something, anything, to give the crowd something to sing along to. I guess that would finish most of you lot off for good!
Mobile phone lights on 09:56 - Feb 6 with 1054 views1ASIN12

Mobile phone lights on 08:39 - Feb 6 by Number_58

I generally couldn't give a toss about what the oppo sing about us (apart from "you've only got one song" because, embarrassingly for us, they are totally correct). Let's face it, how many of those 5000 Cov fans know what a library looks like.
I genuinely think we should get the band in to play during matches; just something, anything, to give the crowd something to sing along to. I guess that would finish most of you lot off for good!

Reading the Coventry forum a few of them said we made a bit of noise but the variation was shlt most were commenting we only have 3 songs and to be fair they are probably true .

Intresting though they thought our atmosphere was good most Saints fan thought it was shit and giving Coventry the whole end killed it .
Mobile phone lights on 10:20 - Feb 6 with 1035 viewsBerber

Mobile phone lights on 22:58 - Feb 5 by ElijahK

Probably the "non singing" fans making a statement? Sad activity, kids stuff really.
Mobile phone lights on 12:10 - Feb 6 with 973 viewspjt50

Mobile phone lights on 10:20 - Feb 6 by Berber

Probably the "non singing" fans making a statement? Sad activity, kids stuff really.

I'm sure there are some in the crowd who think singing juvenile songs about our near neighbours or the opponents' supporters is a bit stupid too.

The typical football crowd has changed beyond recognition since I started going many decades ago. It's much more of a middle class pastime now, with many more women & kids going.

Everybody pays their entrance money so, for me, they're entitled to show their support however they want.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Mobile phone lights on 12:21 - Feb 6 with 962 viewsdirk_doone

Mobile phone lights on 12:10 - Feb 6 by pjt50

I'm sure there are some in the crowd who think singing juvenile songs about our near neighbours or the opponents' supporters is a bit stupid too.

The typical football crowd has changed beyond recognition since I started going many decades ago. It's much more of a middle class pastime now, with many more women & kids going.

Everybody pays their entrance money so, for me, they're entitled to show their support however they want.

More importantly, I wish some of our more vocal fans whingeing about phone lights would show their support by getting in the Chapel end and making some noise for these big cup games, including the next one v West Ham. Hiding away in the corners of the away end where no one can hear them doesn't help.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mobile phone lights on 13:23 - Feb 6 with 915 viewsPatfromPoole

Mobile phone lights on 12:21 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

More importantly, I wish some of our more vocal fans whingeing about phone lights would show their support by getting in the Chapel end and making some noise for these big cup games, including the next one v West Ham. Hiding away in the corners of the away end where no one can hear them doesn't help.

Maybe the Club should consider bringing in the safe standing into the Chapel.

Might get some of the Northam singers into the Chapel.

Personally I wouldn’t move from the Itchen North. The high comedy in the 120th minute yesterday is what standing next to the away fans is all about.

You should try the Itchen North, Mr. Doone.

The mobile phone lights is a far bigger problem BTW…..

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Mobile phone lights on 17:01 - Feb 6 with 823 viewsTripleNiemi

Our fan base is a blöody embarrassment.......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Mobile phone lights on 17:19 - Feb 6 with 794 viewsdirk_doone

The problem with the older generation is we don't even know how to switch our mobile phone lights on. If I knew how to, I'd be waving it around like I was at a Celine Dion concert.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mobile phone lights on 17:43 - Feb 6 with 766 viewsElijahK

Mobile phone lights on 12:21 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

Well no because why should they? As who’s wanna move from where all the atmosphere is, to and end that’s always stone quiet. And even then, they couldn’t even do it if they wanted to due to those stupid no standing or swearing rules for the chapel end, so would just be told off/kicked out for doing it anyway

Mobile phone lights on 18:01 - Feb 6 with 739 viewsChesham_Saint

Mobile phone lights on 23:29 - Feb 5 by ElijahK

Toxic masculinity? These tvvats have clearly never been to an away game. Complete melts.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Mobile phone lights on 18:08 - Feb 6 with 726 viewsgrumpy

Mobile phone lights on 17:43 - Feb 6 by ElijahK

Well no because why should they? As who’s wanna move from where all the atmosphere is, to and end that’s always stone quiet. And even then, they couldn’t even do it if they wanted to due to those stupid no standing or swearing rules for the chapel end, so would just be told off/kicked out for doing it anyway

'end that’s always stone quiet'

Well it wouldn't be if they move there would it?
Mobile phone lights on 18:18 - Feb 6 with 704 viewsSaintsforeverj

Mobile phone lights on 18:08 - Feb 6 by grumpy

It would make sense to have a whole end of singers at the Chapel end. Imagine the whole of the Chapel singing on mass, like the Cov fans were yesterday. The problem is, the singers want to be close to the away fans, for the banter and handbags. So we still have the same problem. The fans move to the corners next to the away fans, and then they start spreading out around the ground, when the tickets sell out near the away fans. They won't all buy tickets in the chapel because they want to be near the away lot.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 18:19]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Mobile phone lights on 18:40 - Feb 6 with 669 viewsElijahK

Mobile phone lights on 18:08 - Feb 6 by grumpy

Yeah but it just wouldn’t change the atmosphere as many wouldn’t join in, and just a few fans singing doesn’t generate that much of an atmosphere in a 30,000 seat stadium, and like I also said, they’d probably get told off for it because of some of the rules they’ve got over there

Mobile phone lights on 03:14 - Feb 7 with 570 viewsPaleRider

Mobile phone lights on 18:40 - Feb 6 by ElijahK

Yeah but it just wouldn’t change the atmosphere as many wouldn’t join in, and just a few fans singing doesn’t generate that much of an atmosphere in a 30,000 seat stadium, and like I also said, they’d probably get told off for it because of some of the rules they’ve got over there

The only time I sat in the Chapel it was complete crap! It was for the 5-0 cup defeat under Puel though, but the couple sitting next to me left after half an hour. Never again!

And the mobile phone thing is really embarrassing! Maybe the stewards should confiscate phones at the beginning of the game, like at school!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 3:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024