Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? 20:32 - Feb 11 with 1712 viewsPatfromPoole

It will be another vanity appointment.

Somebody who is patently unqualified for the job, and who people have barely heard of.

But the algorithms and the reference points will all be saying the next idiot absolutely has to be appointed.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:48]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 20:39 - Feb 11 with 1669 viewsDorsetIan

Got to hope they’ve learnt their lesson.

This appointment has been an absolute disaster in terms of what they hoped to achieve and the results Jones has delivered. Leave aside Jones‘ odd personality, 7 defeats in 8 from that run of fixtures is criminal.

Next person must have a track record of success in this league.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 20:39 - Feb 11 with 1670 viewsSouthamptonfan

We are run by idiotic fantasists who make decisions based on data and numbers on a screen. Getting rid of Ralph, meant that we would get someone worse with this lot in charge. In answer to your question, no I'm not confident they will get the next appointment right.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:42]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 20:50 - Feb 11 with 1610 viewsgrumpy

The crazy thing is if a new manager came in (if we beat Grimsby) he would be 2 games away from Wembley.
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 20:55 - Feb 11 with 1588 viewsgrumpy

Just think what a new manager before Jones could have achieved.
Saving us from relegation and two very lucrative cup runs.
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 21:07 - Feb 11 with 1552 viewsNinja9

No other club in the premier league would have gone down the route that our egotistic board have done . They know they have fooked up yet they still continue to carry on with our out of his depth manager . They cant bear the thought of the fans being right and them being wrong . They are like the manager . Championship material .
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 21:17 - Feb 11 with 1495 viewscocklebreath

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 20:50 - Feb 11 by grumpy

The crazy thing is if a new manager came in (if we beat Grimsby) he would be 2 games away from Wembley.

Similar to Hughes. I don’t trust them to do the right thing, everyone could see how this was going to end. I’d go all out for Biesla. Might see some exciting football in the championship with him.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 21:27 - Feb 11 with 1459 viewsPatfromPoole

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 20:50 - Feb 11 by grumpy

1 game, I believe.

Aren’t the semis at Wembley??

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 21:28 - Feb 11 with 1452 viewsPatfromPoole

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 21:17 - Feb 11 by cocklebreath

Similar to Hughes. I don’t trust them to do the right thing, everyone could see how this was going to end. I’d go all out for Biesla. Might see some exciting football in the championship with him.

Yes!!!!

Bielsa and Selles would be a very interesting combination.

Login to get fewer ads

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 22:19 - Feb 11 with 1341 viewsRon11

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 20:55 - Feb 11 by grumpy

Just think what a new manager before Jones could have achieved.
Saving us from relegation and two very lucrative cup runs.

Yes, it's criminal.
What a waste of money, time, potential and now the support of the fans.
Some great players in that squad, led by a donkey. Or maybe that's an insult to donkeys.
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 23:11 - Feb 11 with 1227 viewsSonicBoom

It smacks of the time Lowe thought he knew best by employing a rugby coach!!

There is such a thing as trying to be too clever.
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 23:37 - Feb 11 with 1177 viewsCapt_Koons

To answer the original question NO.
It was one of the most illogical appointments by a board of any Premiership club.
Even the most casual glance at Jones's record away from Luton should have put us off looking at him twice. Likewise a simple interview should have us back away. Any yet here we are.
I feel sorry for Jones. Its not his fault. He's just not very good. The plums that appointed him and will no doubt find his replacement are the real problem.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 23:54 - Feb 11 with 1152 viewsDorsetIan

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 23:37 - Feb 11 by Capt_Koons

To answer the original question NO.
It was one of the most illogical appointments by a board of any Premiership club.
Even the most casual glance at Jones's record away from Luton should have put us off looking at him twice. Likewise a simple interview should have us back away. Any yet here we are.
I feel sorry for Jones. Its not his fault. He's just not very good. The plums that appointed him and will no doubt find his replacement are the real problem.

This is the problem. If they sack him, the story is finished:

‚The board then appointed Nathan Jones (someone with no PL experience) who they then also had to sack after he lost 7 of the next 8 PL games‘

It sets their incompetence in stone.

They will though. They know time‘s up.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 00:00 - Feb 12 with 1137 viewsSFC_Referee

Well hopefully we’ll go for a manger that fills in 3 boxes. He’s experienced in the prem, has managed teams before of our sorta size and quality and plays in the sorta way that will work well with the sorta players we’ve currently got.
As NJ came under none of those boxes, which is a major reason as to why he’s done soo poor here.

But still for me personally I’d wanna go for the likes of Neto or someone like that, as he did really well as wolves and would be the sorta guy to keep us up.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 05:54 - Feb 12 with 1013 views1ASIN12

Seeing as the new owners/ board have got every major decision wrong since they arrived I’ve no faith in them whatsoever to get the next manager appointment right nor get us promoted next season .
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 07:27 - Feb 12 with 932 viewsRipleys_revenge

Good question and debatable whether or not ankersen can see past his own ego, but for my money bielsa would be perfect for us. Genuinely believe it might not be too late if he were to come in + I’d have faith in him to do a rebuild for us and get us out of the championship if we do go down. He’s a proper “front footed manager” not a fraud who claims to be one, and I think the players would respond to him.
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 07:59 - Feb 12 with 851 viewsMytchettSaint

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 05:54 - Feb 12 by 1ASIN12

Seeing as the new owners/ board have got every major decision wrong since they arrived I’ve no faith in them whatsoever to get the next manager appointment right nor get us promoted next season .

Completely right, the spreadsheet wallys are the ones that need to take the blame, I also feel a little sorry for Jones. But it is completely the fault of those who appointed him, and the latest in a string of crap decisions they’ve overseen since coming into the club. They need to be subjected to as much stick as Jones is receiving in my opinion.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 08:38 - Feb 12 with 780 viewsMattFinish

My concern is the growing rumours of Jesse Marsh being appointed
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 09:42 - Feb 12 with 662 viewsobelisk

Those that went after Jones and persuaded him to take over at Southampton should really be following him out of the door rather than being involved in any further appointments.
Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 09:52 - Feb 12 with 633 viewskentsouthampton

Dare we trust Ankersen and Semmens to get the next appointment right??? on 08:38 - Feb 12 by MattFinish

My concern is the growing rumours of Jesse Marsh being appointed

Marsch?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024