Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread 08:48 - Dec 19 with 2979 viewsSaintNick

thread up early today as the excitement rises

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 10:13 - Dec 19 with 1349 viewsericofarabia

Just had a quick look at City's away form, W2 D3 L1 but what did surprise me was how tight those games must have been Scored a paltry 6, and only conceded 5. So 4-3 either way yoday then 😂
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 12:45 - Dec 19 with 1293 viewsIngskneeslide

Will be a very tough game given how close together our games have been. Though City aren’t firing on all cylinders they are still one of the richest clubs in the world and can turn anyone over when they’re in the mood. Would take a draw now without question. The joy of supporting Saints at the moment though is that I know we’ll have a crack at winning the game. Under Hughes and Pellegrino it felt like the games against the top 6 were written off before a ball had been kicked
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 13:14 - Dec 19 with 1281 viewsBerber

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 12:45 - Dec 19 by Ingskneeslide

Will be a very tough game given how close together our games have been. Though City aren’t firing on all cylinders they are still one of the richest clubs in the world and can turn anyone over when they’re in the mood. Would take a draw now without question. The joy of supporting Saints at the moment though is that I know we’ll have a crack at winning the game. Under Hughes and Pellegrino it felt like the games against the top 6 were written off before a ball had been kicked

I agree with all of this. Very happy if we get a point, not because I am being negative, but simply City are far too good for the results that have been getting. They could turn up and be exceptional almost by mistake they have so many good players. Also, when the mood takes them, they can press very well indeed.

Given their recent season's failings without solid CBs, they are not conceding many, but at the expense of creativity. It just takes one of Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, de Bruyne or Silva to turn up and we have a game on our hands. We need every one of our team to turn up to make a game of it.
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 13:26 - Dec 19 with 1266 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Gotta feeling that Saints will shade it 2-1 this afternoon .... but will take a draw City are an exceptional team once when they click and are on song! Let's hope that we get or noses in front and stay there. It’s really great to see Adams come of age ... after a slow start! Sometimes we uncover " A Gem " in our own leagues - without bring in foreign iffy players. COYS.

Any treads guys?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 13:30 - Dec 19 with 1261 viewsJaySaint

We wont win this. We have struggled every time a team has managed to get at us this season.....City will be able to do that.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 13:39 - Dec 19 with 1242 viewsSaintsforeverj

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 13:30 - Dec 19 by JaySaint

We wont win this. We have struggled every time a team has managed to get at us this season.....City will be able to do that.

Yeah, not feeling overly confident today, hope I'm wrong. We beat them last year, it might be in their minds for revenge? City also need to come back from their bad result last time. But let's see. Come on Saints.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 13:41 - Dec 19 with 1239 viewssaint22

Redmond for Armstrong?
Take a draw now
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:02 - Dec 19 with 1214 viewsIngskneeslide

Djenepo instead of Redmond - let the meltdown begin!
Login to get fewer ads

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:04 - Dec 19 with 1205 viewssaint22

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:02 - Dec 19 by Ingskneeslide

Djenepo instead of Redmond - let the meltdown begin!

Poor decision
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:06 - Dec 19 with 1191 viewskingslandstand1

Not quite sure of the reasoning for the negativity below. I'm thinking 1 or 2-0 (prob 2) based on form

We will have learned from Wednesday that when we go in the lead we need to take that on and go for that extra goal and there is a def positivity in the squad to do that. City at the moment have just got a draw against West Bom which should have been an absolute banker for them - but it didn't work that way

Obviously they are a bloody good side, but Aguero is likely to be out or at least not be able to last 90 mins and they haven't been firing on all cylinders with him not in the side

Reading a good double page interview with Theo and also virtually a whole page on the way we are playing in the paper this morning (not allowed to mention the paper!), not many teams will be looking at us as a team they should comfortably beat. It will be a good test for KWP against Sterling but

We also beat them in the summer t SMS

So 0-4 it is then!!
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Dec 19 with 1190 viewscocklebreath

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:04 - Dec 19 by saint22

Poor decision

Has the game finished? You fooking berk

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:08 - Dec 19 with 1187 viewskingslandstand1

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:06 - Dec 19 by kingslandstand1

Not quite sure of the reasoning for the negativity below. I'm thinking 1 or 2-0 (prob 2) based on form

We will have learned from Wednesday that when we go in the lead we need to take that on and go for that extra goal and there is a def positivity in the squad to do that. City at the moment have just got a draw against West Bom which should have been an absolute banker for them - but it didn't work that way

Obviously they are a bloody good side, but Aguero is likely to be out or at least not be able to last 90 mins and they haven't been firing on all cylinders with him not in the side

Reading a good double page interview with Theo and also virtually a whole page on the way we are playing in the paper this morning (not allowed to mention the paper!), not many teams will be looking at us as a team they should comfortably beat. It will be a good test for KWP against Sterling but

We also beat them in the summer t SMS

So 0-4 it is then!!

Aguero on the bench so so far so good, though Djenepo starting ....................

So bring Redmond on after an hour to finish them off
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:09]
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:18 - Dec 19 with 1167 viewsIngskneeslide

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Dec 19 by cocklebreath

saint22 coaches an under-5s team so we should take his/her opinions on tactics very seriously
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:25 - Dec 19 with 1149 viewsSadoldgit

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 13:26 - Dec 19 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Gotta feeling that Saints will shade it 2-1 this afternoon .... but will take a draw City are an exceptional team once when they click and are on song! Let's hope that we get or noses in front and stay there. It’s really great to see Adams come of age ... after a slow start! Sometimes we uncover " A Gem " in our own leagues - without bring in foreign iffy players. COYS.

Any treads guys?

Agreed. I am going for us to win 2-1 too. Tight game.
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:39 - Dec 19 with 1128 viewskingslandstand1

Still, wouldn't feel quite so confident if playing the Scousers - 7-0 away at Palace!
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:39 - Dec 19 with 1129 viewsChesham_Saint

Whilst it’s great to be able to watch this live on tv, that saggy chopped cvnt is taking the shine off the pre match build up a bit (and I’m not talking about a Churchill insurance advert...).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:56 - Dec 19 with 1095 viewskingslandstand1

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:39 - Dec 19 by Chesham_Saint

Whilst it’s great to be able to watch this live on tv, that saggy chopped cvnt is taking the shine off the pre match build up a bit (and I’m not talking about a Churchill insurance advert...).

Does he need the money? Or the ego boost ...............
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:59 - Dec 19 with 1080 viewsBicester_North

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:39 - Dec 19 by Chesham_Saint

And the horrific Townsend again

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Dec 19 with 1057 viewssaint22

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Dec 19 by cocklebreath

He is a liability as was just proved
Impact sub
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:14 - Dec 19 with 1051 viewsIngskneeslide

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Dec 19 by saint22

He is a liability as was just proved
Impact sub

Hope you never find your way back to SMS
New breed knobhead
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:21 - Dec 19 with 1031 viewssaint22

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:14 - Dec 19 by Ingskneeslide

Hope you never find your way back to SMS
New breed knobhead

Ssshhhh clueless
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Dec 19 with 1025 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

City ahead - Now we will see what were made of how far we have come this season - Common you Saints!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Dec 19 with 989 viewssaint22

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 14:08 - Dec 19 by kingslandstand1

Aguero on the bench so so far so good, though Djenepo starting ....................

So bring Redmond on after an hour to finish them off
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:09]

Diallo to start against Fulham then
Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Dec 19 with 989 viewsButty101

Wtf is going on with our heading. Ings and adams missing great chances

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Dec 19 with 988 viewssaint22

Manchester City Game Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Dec 19 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

City ahead - Now we will see what were made of how far we have come this season - Common you Saints!

Ings knee again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024