Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday 09:20 - Apr 16 with 1826 viewsSaintsNews

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday 16th Apr 2021 09:15
The defeat against West Bromwich Albion on Monday night brought out all the usual suspects with all the usual gripes on social media, but whether some like to admit it or not, Sunday's FA Cup semi is a rare chance of glory in life of a Saints fan, we have to be positive, why not just simply enjoy it ! 16

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 10:31 - Apr 16 with 1514 viewsDorsetIan

I use to work with a bloke who, whatever memo he sent, never missed an opportunity to big himself up.

'Self aggrandisement memos' we used to call them.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 12:31 - Apr 16 with 1469 viewsSaintNick

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 10:31 - Apr 16 by DorsetIan

I use to work with a bloke who, whatever memo he sent, never missed an opportunity to big himself up.

'Self aggrandisement memos' we used to call them.

Your point is

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 13:40 - Apr 16 with 1427 viewssaint22

Depends what f***ing team shows up really, that will affect the level of enjoyment don't ya think?
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 14:08 - Apr 16 with 1412 viewsKennington

The article does read as we’re little old saints and shouldn’t ask for anything more than being in the premier league. Problem with that is we are owned by two billionaires, who don’t communicate at all with the fans. We are run to make them money and apart from that there’s no real plan. Why shouldn’t we aim for more than just survival? If we keep finishing bottom 6, eventually we will be relegated.

Let’s not forget we have two full backs, how is that possible having such a thread bare squad even though we’ve been a regular premier league club, which apparently is the best league in the world? Considering the riches of the league we’ve been in for so long, why do we always have to sell before we buy? So it’s completely right that fans point this stuff out.

That written off course we support the team, but I for one don’t support the owners and as soon as they leave the better. And ideally we have new owners that have a clear realistic plan that’s in the best interests of the club.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 15:13 - Apr 16 with 1380 viewsSadoldgit

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 13:40 - Apr 16 by saint22

Depends what f***ing team shows up really, that will affect the level of enjoyment don't ya think?

This is the issue of course but you’d like to think that they will put themselves out for this game.
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 16:47 - Apr 16 with 1333 views1885_SFC

I'm gonna enjoy the build up on Sunday. Will have a nice Sunday roast late afternoon and settle down in front of the telly with a cold beer afterwards. I can take getting beat. It pisses me off big time, but that's life (football). I can take the lads giving it their best shot - busting a gut & really going that extra mile to try - just TRY - their utmost to reach the FA Cup final.

What I won't accept though is a piss poor, inept, gutless showing like WBA away the other night. That was utterly disgraceful.

Cup semi finals don't come around very often for clubs the size of Saints. I expect every player to give their very best & nothing else. We need a performance from them that's befitting for Wembley - not West Brom.

Old School is Cool

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 17:37 - Apr 16 with 1304 viewsDorsetIan

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 12:31 - Apr 16 by SaintNick

Your point is

Just sharing a memory that came to mind

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 21:06 - Apr 16 with 1229 viewscocklebreath

This will be the 6th FA cup semi final in my lifetime, won 2. So a semi final every 7 1/2 years and a final every 22 and 1/2. Get into em you C&nts

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 21:39 - Apr 16 with 1208 viewsRon11

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 15:13 - Apr 16 by Sadoldgit

This is the issue of course but you’d like to think that they will put themselves out for this game.

Is that all we have left, that they might put themselves out for this game?
Just out of kindness for the fans, eh....
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 07:37 - Apr 17 with 1115 viewsdwayne_dibley

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 21:39 - Apr 16 by Ron11

Is that all we have left, that they might put themselves out for this game?
Just out of kindness for the fans, eh....

that is the essence of a modern footballer

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 10:47 - Apr 17 with 1058 viewsdirk_doone

For real fans, THE FANS ARE THE CLUB.

The constant digs at Saints fans in every article and the regular praise of Liverpool fans would befit someone who loves Liverpool and hates Saints. They have no place here.
If you constantly criticise people, all you do is demoralize them.

Winning trophies makes fans more positive and passionate than anything. Most clubs of our size have won 4 or 5 major trophies. We have won just 1 major trophy in our history. Our support in the late 70s was among the most positive and most passionate in the country.

Considering the lack of trophies we've had, our support is exceptionally loyal. We have the 12th biggest fanbase in the country. For such an underachieving team that is remarkable. There is no other club in the country that has won so few trophies that gets support as big as ours. If Liverpool had won the number of trophies we have and we had won the number they have, our support would be a hell of a lot more passionate and loyal than theirs.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 11:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 10:58 - Apr 17 with 1046 viewsdirk_doone

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 21:06 - Apr 16 by cocklebreath

This will be the 6th FA cup semi final in my lifetime, won 2. So a semi final every 7 1/2 years and a final every 22 and 1/2. Get into em you C&nts

The 7th in mine, although I was too young to go to the 1963 one. The 1976 one was obviously the best. What a brilliant atmosphere there was that day. The noise generated by the Saints fans in the Shed led one newspaper report to say it was the noisiest Stamford Bridge had ever been.

This is our 13th FA Cup semi-final and Leicester's 8th.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 12:36 - Apr 17 with 973 viewsTripleNiemi

Here bloödy here.

When i was growing up (and i hate to admit this) i was so close to becoming a Liverpool fan (and we all know why)......decent force in not only English football but Europe around the period in question. Luckily whilst my old chap was not a massive footy fan, his mate got me straight up to the Dell to try and see what supporting your local club was all about. Shilts, Wrighty, Armstrong et al got me hooked. Thereafter there was only one club and i knew what i was signing up to.

Gonna enjoy tomorrow and hope we can do the business, if we don't i just hope we give it our all which is all we can ask. I know some have their gripes and so do i at times, but i have to admit i am blinkered when it comes to Ralph. Yep, mistakes are made, yes i think he could do with a bit more 'back up' but for me i am firmly behind some stability.

Looking forward to the semi, let's get ourselves to the final.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 12:37]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 13:33 - Apr 17 with 951 viewsSaintsforeverj

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 10:47 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

The constant digs at Saints fans in every article and the regular praise of Liverpool fans would befit someone who loves Liverpool and hates Saints. They have no place here.

Winning trophies makes fans more positive and passionate than anything. Most clubs of our size have won 4 or 5 major trophies. We have won just 1 major trophy in our history. Our support in the late 70s was among the most positive and most passionate in the country.

Considering the lack of trophies we've had, our support is exceptionally loyal. We have the 12th biggest fanbase in the country. For such an underachieving team that is remarkable. There is no other club in the country that has won so few trophies that gets support as big as ours. If Liverpool had won the number of trophies we have and we had won the number they have, our support would be a hell of a lot more passionate and loyal than theirs.

Spot on Dirk. Getting fed up of the ass licking of one of the most arrogant, horrible club's in the country. Saints fans are some of the most loyal fans in the country. The "whinging" is because they care and are very passionate. It's easy to be passionate fans when you support a club that has won trophy after trophy, year after year. Fed up of hearing about that arrogant club up north, that has done us nothing but harm. Any Liverpool shirt within 2 m distance of me, would be a disinfected door mat, turned upside down with gloves on. Very off putting, on a Saints site, keep hearing about that horrible club.

And yes, we are in semi final Dirk, and let's hope we do it.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 14:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 17:14 - Apr 17 with 850 viewsdwayne_dibley

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 13:33 - Apr 17 by Saintsforeverj

Spot on Dirk. Getting fed up of the ass licking of one of the most arrogant, horrible club's in the country. Saints fans are some of the most loyal fans in the country. The "whinging" is because they care and are very passionate. It's easy to be passionate fans when you support a club that has won trophy after trophy, year after year. Fed up of hearing about that arrogant club up north, that has done us nothing but harm. Any Liverpool shirt within 2 m distance of me, would be a disinfected door mat, turned upside down with gloves on. Very off putting, on a Saints site, keep hearing about that horrible club.

And yes, we are in semi final Dirk, and let's hope we do it.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 14:00]

seconded

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 17:17 - Apr 17 with 849 viewskingslandstand1

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 10:58 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

The 7th in mine, although I was too young to go to the 1963 one. The 1976 one was obviously the best. What a brilliant atmosphere there was that day. The noise generated by the Saints fans in the Shed led one newspaper report to say it was the noisiest Stamford Bridge had ever been.

This is our 13th FA Cup semi-final and Leicester's 8th.

I think the 2 that stick with me was against Leeds in 79 as being an evening game at the Dell was such an amazing atmosphere. Although at Stamford Bridge for 76, all of the attention was on Allison and that bloody Fedora, but Villa Park in 03 particularly actually brought joyous tears to the eyes with the realisation that we had made it again and is in the memory more so that 76 for some reason. Maybe that was an age thing as only 18 at the time
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 17:18 - Apr 17 with 849 viewskingslandstand1

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 10:47 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 17:56 - Apr 17 with 833 viewsBicester_North

Good point about attendances vs trophies.

The only club comparable to Saints is probably Stoke who’ve won one league cup.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 18:31 - Apr 17 with 806 views1ASIN12

Have to agree with everything you wrote there.

I’ve no idea why Nick criticises Saints fans so much .
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 08:27 - Apr 19 with 634 viewsBerber

Sunday was a precis of the last 3 months.
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 12:55 - Apr 19 with 549 viewsBuenosSaint

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 12:36 - Apr 17 by TripleNiemi

Here bloödy here.

When i was growing up (and i hate to admit this) i was so close to becoming a Liverpool fan (and we all know why)......decent force in not only English football but Europe around the period in question. Luckily whilst my old chap was not a massive footy fan, his mate got me straight up to the Dell to try and see what supporting your local club was all about. Shilts, Wrighty, Armstrong et al got me hooked. Thereafter there was only one club and i knew what i was signing up to.

Gonna enjoy tomorrow and hope we can do the business, if we don't i just hope we give it our all which is all we can ask. I know some have their gripes and so do i at times, but i have to admit i am blinkered when it comes to Ralph. Yep, mistakes are made, yes i think he could do with a bit more 'back up' but for me i am firmly behind some stability.

Looking forward to the semi, let's get ourselves to the final.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 12:37]

Have to admit I actually was a Liverpool fan until my big brother took me to the Dell (milk cup game vs Liverpool) and by half time natural sense prevailed and I was a saints fan for life.

Poll: The Long Future

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 13:19 - Apr 19 with 534 viewsKennington

Nick, should we now re-remember the last three months?

This thread reminds me of a podcast I’m listening to about Chinese elite. Basically history and their actions are seen as fluid and change with the winners and losers and even recent history is constantly rewritten in China. I’m sure Gao would very much approve of fans forgetting the last three months.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 14:46 - Apr 19 with 499 viewsSadoldgit

Well, it turned out not to be a very enjoyable game after all, but I would rather get to a semi final and lose than get knocked out early doors. Most of us can live with the promise of a good cup run and a mid table finish at the start of a season. We have had a good cup run and hopefully will finish mid table. The problem this season is that we have played some excellent football which puts into perspective the poorer performances. The words “work in progress” have been used quite a lot this year and that is exactly what we are. We still have some way to go and have been hampered by Covid, the lack of funds and the need to get a few more players off of the books. We are heading in the right direction, even if it currently feels like one step forward, two steps back.
Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 15:07 - Apr 19 with 491 viewsDorsetIan

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 14:46 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Well, it turned out not to be a very enjoyable game after all, but I would rather get to a semi final and lose than get knocked out early doors. Most of us can live with the promise of a good cup run and a mid table finish at the start of a season. We have had a good cup run and hopefully will finish mid table. The problem this season is that we have played some excellent football which puts into perspective the poorer performances. The words “work in progress” have been used quite a lot this year and that is exactly what we are. We still have some way to go and have been hampered by Covid, the lack of funds and the need to get a few more players off of the books. We are heading in the right direction, even if it currently feels like one step forward, two steps back.

I'm just not sure how you can conclude that we are 'heading in the right direction'?

For me, it feels that at best we are standing completely still and probably actually getting worse to the extent that even as players have returned from injury, things haven't really picked up.

After Burnley, we had the chance at WBA and Wembley to show how we we getting back to our best. For me, these were two of the worst performances of the year.

I will be very happy to be proved wrong in the final seven games, but I am not holding my breath.

Some Saints Fans Need To Forget The Last Three Months And Enjoy Sunday on 15:20 - Apr 19 with 480 viewsSadoldgit

In terms of development we have shown what we can do on a limited budget. The wheels started to come off when we had to dip into our paper thin squad and we are currently struggling to regain the confidence we showed last year, but since the restart last season we have shown what we can do. If we can the right players in during the summer there is no reason why we can’t have a better season next year. Think back to the start of this season and the Brentford game in particular. We started off very poorly but soon picked it up. Under Ralph we have shown that we can compete with the best. We just need to bring in some quality to build on that and find some consistency.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024