Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
super league defectors 20:10 - May 24 with 2131 viewssledger

what do people think the premier league punishment should be,i think a 12 point deduction next season is what they deserve as a minimum
super league defectors on 20:23 - May 24 with 2110 viewsBicester_North

There will be some bollocks about that punishing the fans so that won’t happen

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

super league defectors on 20:43 - May 24 with 2094 viewsTripleNiemi

Think we should roll out the red carpet next time these teams are in town. We should count ourselves ever so lucky that the likes of Liverpool, United and the Mighty Mighty Spurs want to continue their affiliation with canon fodder clubs like ours. I love them all x
[Post edited 24 May 2021 20:46]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

super league defectors on 06:51 - May 25 with 1972 viewsBerber

Unless they have actually broken any rules or laws, how can they be punished? The old "Bringing the game into disrepute" can hardly apply. What they did was no different to the clubs forming the PL and wrenching themselves away from the incompetent FA, who have still failed to suitably modify, despite decades, and several prompts from the government.

I think that what they did was disgraceful, and highlights the shambles that is football administration and governance in our country.

I just hope that the latest petition and debate in parliament brings about some real change to the FA. At the end of the day, it is the FA that has all the relationships with the world footballing authorities, so any change has to go via them.
super league defectors on 09:21 - May 25 with 1922 viewssolent_toffee

My irony klaxon was in over drive at the weekend. After weeks of Sky calling out the greedy ESL six, seeing them arse kissing Liverpool and Chelsea in the quest to get their greedy snouts in the CL trough was predictable and distasteful. The media bang on about integrity within the game and yet give so much attention and bias to these clubs it’s untrue.

There was a week hiatus whilst they joined fans in condemning them and then got back on it. The hypocrisy is staggering.

Oh and there will be bugger all done to her clubs and they will have another crack at it in a couple of years time. Hopefully by then the world and football is in a stronger place to say crack on and cheerio.
super league defectors on 10:52 - May 26 with 1807 views1885_SFC

I think all of the clubs involved should be given a minus-20 points deduction at the start of next season.

Old School is Cool

super league defectors on 11:46 - May 26 with 1797 viewsChesham_Saint

If the likes of Swindon get a good caning for being naughty, these clubs need some form of punishment. Whilst I’d love to see them heavily penalised, the reality is it will be little or nothing I’m not familiar or enough with FA rules to know what sanctions can be applied, but I’m sure they’ll live up their name and do sweet Fvck All...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

super league defectors on 13:05 - May 26 with 1772 viewsTimSaint

They were all too keen to impose a fine on both Saints and Sheffield United after 10 or so players were pushing and shoving each other in our game at Bramall Lane the other week, yet there seems to be little talk or indeed actions regarding the punishment for the 6 defectors.

I would like to see a points deduction for them, because even substantial fines mean nothing to clubs with such resources.

Similarly there seems to be no action taking place with regards to Man Utd failing to fulfill their fixture against Liverpool. The club should have had measures in place (walls/fences/police) to prevent fans getting anywhere near the stadium (standard practice during covid) and as it was the protesting fans that were also largely to blame, there needs to be punishment.

My solution for this is for them to play 3 League games behind closed doors at Old Trafford, once fans are allowed back into stadiums at full capacity. This way both club and fans alike take the hit, as both were to blame in the first place.

TimSaint

super league defectors on 21:23 - May 26 with 1686 viewsMattFinish

What should happen is they should be relegated to L2.

What will happen is they'll get a couple of million fine.

The PL are shijt scared of giving them the punishment they deserve because it will just drive them to break away again.
Login to get fewer ads

super league defectors on 16:39 - Jun 9 with 1449 viewsBicester_North

super league defectors on 21:23 - May 26 by MattFinish

What should happen is they should be relegated to L2.

What will happen is they'll get a couple of million fine.

The PL are shijt scared of giving them the punishment they deserve because it will just drive them to break away again.

You were right, £22million fine between them all.

Pathetic

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

super league defectors on 16:48 - Jun 9 with 1442 viewsSaintsforeverj

super league defectors on 16:39 - Jun 9 by Bicester_North

You were right, £22million fine between them all.

Pathetic

Which they have probably all agreed to behind closed doors, so no proper punishment, just an agreement between the top clubs and the authorities as an attempt to appease fans. And we wonder why fans are walking away from PL football and not renewimg season tickets...........
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 16:49]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

super league defectors on 17:00 - Jun 9 with 1424 viewssolent_toffee

super league defectors on 16:48 - Jun 9 by Saintsforeverj

Which they have probably all agreed to behind closed doors, so no proper punishment, just an agreement between the top clubs and the authorities as an attempt to appease fans. And we wonder why fans are walking away from PL football and not renewimg season tickets...........
[Post edited 9 Jun 2021 16:49]

Chelsea are about to pay £56 million for a back up right back, behind Reece James.

The 3.5 million fine is less that they will pay this back up players signing on fee.

It’s a complete mess with most proper fans paying to be patronised and condensed. The break due to COVID could see clubs losing a lot of fans including some of the so called big clubs like Spurs and Arsenal.
super league defectors on 17:44 - Jun 9 with 1407 viewsdwayne_dibley

super league defectors on 17:00 - Jun 9 by solent_toffee

Chelsea are about to pay £56 million for a back up right back, behind Reece James.

The 3.5 million fine is less that they will pay this back up players signing on fee.

It’s a complete mess with most proper fans paying to be patronised and condensed. The break due to COVID could see clubs losing a lot of fans including some of the so called big clubs like Spurs and Arsenal.

but do they actually care about fans. The covid break showed they can run the Premiershit without audiences

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

super league defectors on 06:06 - Jun 10 with 1306 viewsBuenosSaint

I think there is an agreement to 30 point deduction though if they did it Again which would effectively mean relegation. (Plus 25 mill fine on top).

Given there was no rules in place about proposing a breakaway, there was not much uefa could do and at least the next punishment is more serious. It will be interesting how real Madrid/ juventus court case goes.

Poll: The Long Future

super league defectors on 07:52 - Jun 10 with 1283 viewsdwayne_dibley

super league defectors on 06:06 - Jun 10 by BuenosSaint

I think there is an agreement to 30 point deduction though if they did it Again which would effectively mean relegation. (Plus 25 mill fine on top).

Given there was no rules in place about proposing a breakaway, there was not much uefa could do and at least the next punishment is more serious. It will be interesting how real Madrid/ juventus court case goes.

how well would the 30 point deduction fare in a court of law.

The PL clubs managed to leave the old First Division through legal semantics

super league defectors on 08:12 - Jun 10 with 1276 viewsMattFinish

super league defectors on 06:06 - Jun 10 by BuenosSaint

If they did it again and were threatened with a 30 point penalty, they just wouldn't back down.
As I said previously, the pitiful fine is because the football authorities are shut scared of the 12 clubs so don't want to upset them.
Fining Sheikh Mansour £3.6m is the same as giving someone on £40k a 0.6 pence fine
super league defectors on 12:14 - Jun 11 with 1179 viewsBuenosSaint

super league defectors on 08:12 - Jun 10 by MattFinish

If they did it again and were threatened with a 30 point penalty, they just wouldn't back down.
As I said previously, the pitiful fine is because the football authorities are shut scared of the 12 clubs so don't want to upset them.
Fining Sheikh Mansour £3.6m is the same as giving someone on £40k a 0.6 pence fine

I'd actually mis interpreted the headline couple of days ago. I originally thought it was 22M PER club. But shared amongst all 6 was just pathetic. Why even bother.

Poll: The Long Future

super league defectors on 13:14 - Jun 11 with 1154 viewsdwayne_dibley

super league defectors on 12:14 - Jun 11 by BuenosSaint

I'd actually mis interpreted the headline couple of days ago. I originally thought it was 22M PER club. But shared amongst all 6 was just pathetic. Why even bother.

was castration not an option?

super league defectors on 13:43 - Jun 11 with 1144 viewsBison

super league defectors on 13:14 - Jun 11 by dwayne_dibley

was castration not an option?

They thought about it but didn't have the balls to see it through.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

super league defectors on 18:12 - Jun 11 with 1106 viewsdwayne_dibley

super league defectors on 13:43 - Jun 11 by Bison

They thought about it but didn't have the balls to see it through.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024