Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are you voting for? 22:28 - Jun 12 with 1447 viewsSouthamptonfan

Who are you voting for?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 13 Jun 9:43]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for? on 07:21 - Jun 13 with 1111 viewsdjsaint

There should be a voting option in the poll of - “None of you f*cking business”

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Who are you voting for? on 07:37 - Jun 13 with 1102 viewssaint22

Who are you voting for? on 07:21 - Jun 13 by djsaint

There should be a voting option in the poll of - “None of you f*cking business”

Farage is really determined to screw this country up even more isn’t he the racist bigot
Who are you voting for? on 16:21 - Jun 13 with 930 viewsSalisburySaint

Unfortunately unless a miracle happens my constituency will be won by Tories as it always has been in my lifetime, so looking for best tactical vote in effort to unseat current incumbent
Who are you voting for? on 16:37 - Jun 13 with 920 viewsBazza

Who are you voting for? on 07:37 - Jun 13 by saint22

Farage is really determined to screw this country up even more isn’t he the racist bigot

You should read or listen to the news and stop looking at social media nonsense

If he was a racist he would be prosecuted.
Who are you voting for? on 17:32 - Jun 13 with 862 viewskingolaf

Who I vote for is not who I want to form the next government. I’ve got to vote tactically.
Who are you voting for? on 17:59 - Jun 13 with 850 viewsWints76

Who are you voting for? on 17:32 - Jun 13 by kingolaf

Who I vote for is not who I want to form the next government. I’ve got to vote tactically.

Same here. It's pretty close in Winch so will lend my vote to the Lib Dems
Who are you voting for? on 21:08 - Jun 13 with 760 viewssolent_toffee

Who are you voting for? on 16:37 - Jun 13 by Bazza

I don’t think being a racist is a crime? Makes someone a bit of a coont, but it’s not an actual criminal offence.
Who are you voting for? on 21:13 - Jun 13 with 750 viewsfranniesTache

Who are you voting for? on 21:08 - Jun 13 by solent_toffee

I don’t think being a racist is a crime? Makes someone a bit of a coont, but it’s not an actual criminal offence.

incitement to racial hatred is an offence under the 2006 law, it's why so many skirt around the edges without directly saying it.

As for Farage, of course he's a racist, he's had a long history of aligning with racist parties, has multiple talking about his racist beliefs and has been recorded as singing pro-nazi songs in his past and racially abusing jewish people.

I'm not really sure how anyone can not see that he's a racist f*ckwit, and in times gone by would've been completely ostracised from British public life as the majority of the country despise people like that
Login to get fewer ads

Who are you voting for? on 21:16 - Jun 13 with 746 viewsBazza

Who are you voting for? on 21:13 - Jun 13 by franniesTache

incitement to racial hatred is an offence under the 2006 law, it's why so many skirt around the edges without directly saying it.

As for Farage, of course he's a racist, he's had a long history of aligning with racist parties, has multiple talking about his racist beliefs and has been recorded as singing pro-nazi songs in his past and racially abusing jewish people.

I'm not really sure how anyone can not see that he's a racist f*ckwit, and in times gone by would've been completely ostracised from British public life as the majority of the country despise people like that

Can you give reference to actual examples of his racism please?
Who are you voting for? on 21:16 - Jun 13 with 747 viewskernow

He’s also a subversive, not a criminal offense either.
Good for him he doesn’t live in China where he would probably face public execution.
Who are you voting for? on 21:24 - Jun 13 with 731 viewsfranniesTache

Who are you voting for? on 21:16 - Jun 13 by Bazza

few in here

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farages-most-controversial-moment

then there's this
https://bylinetimes.com/2023/11/29/watch-nigel-farage-used-homophobic-racial-slu

and him singing hitler youth songs
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-fascist-nazi-song-ga

Plus there's the subtext of racism in a lot of what he says, but he's actually a very canny operator and knows how to go "just close enough" without going over the line
Who are you voting for? on 22:41 - Jun 13 with 677 viewssaintmark1976

Who are you voting for? on 21:24 - Jun 13 by franniesTache

few in here

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farages-most-controversial-moment

then there's this
https://bylinetimes.com/2023/11/29/watch-nigel-farage-used-homophobic-racial-slu

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-fascist-nazi-song-ga

Plus there's the subtext of racism in a lot of what he says, but he's actually a very canny operator and knows how to go "just close enough" without going over the line

Would this be the same Mr Farage who along with Boris Johnson and Michael Gove told us all that Brexit would be best thing since sliced bread ?

I’m sure we all remember the promises don’t we, £350 million a week for the N H S and control of our borders etc etc. That went well didn’t it ?

Mr Farage is only interested In publicity to satisfy one thing, his own ego. He has no concern for the well being of the U K public whatsoever. He’s nothing but a charlatan and a fraud who appeal is restricted to the hard of thinking.

For what it’s worth I don’t disagree with a word you have said franniesTache and thanks for the examples of Mr Farage’s odious past behaviour..
Who are you voting for? on 22:52 - Jun 13 with 660 viewsfranniesTache

Who are you voting for? on 22:41 - Jun 13 by saintmark1976

Would this be the same Mr Farage who along with Boris Johnson and Michael Gove told us all that Brexit would be best thing since sliced bread ?

I’m sure we all remember the promises don’t we, £350 million a week for the N H S and control of our borders etc etc. That went well didn’t it ?

Mr Farage is only interested In publicity to satisfy one thing, his own ego. He has no concern for the well being of the U K public whatsoever. He’s nothing but a charlatan and a fraud who appeal is restricted to the hard of thinking.

For what it’s worth I don’t disagree with a word you have said franniesTache and thanks for the examples of Mr Farage’s odious past behaviour..

The one thing I’ve always been quietly proud of about our nation is that we don’t do loud nationalism and we don’t do extremism. It was always a point of pride to look at the excess and division across the pond or in europe and think we as a nation were better than that, I just hope we don’t let that trait go because it’s a great one
Who are you voting for? on 07:34 - Jun 14 with 544 viewsBazza

Who are you voting for? on 21:24 - Jun 13 by franniesTache

few in here

then there's this

Hardly convincing trustworthy major sources. I guess we all believe what we want to believe! And subtexts, really.
Who are you voting for? on 09:03 - Jun 14 with 496 viewskentsouthampton

Spot on.
Who are you voting for? on 09:10 - Jun 14 with 488 viewskentsouthampton

Who are you voting for? on 21:16 - Jun 13 by Bazza

Would you like to buy some magic beans?
Who are you voting for? on 09:22 - Jun 14 with 487 viewsSaintNick

Ironically as I was reading this thread it was on the news that in one poll, (not this one) the Reform Party had overtaken the Tories.

I would also caution people to remember that 90 years ago we had Oswald Mosly and comparisons could be drawn with Farage. Mosley like Farage flitted between parties and was at one time a Labour MP.

You are right the majority of the British despise extremism to use a phrase, on both sides, hence the country turning its back on Corbyn when really Labour should have smashed the Tories back then.

Whether we like it or not it all comes down to key issues and yes the NHS is a big one, but ultimately as was the case in the last one it is going to come down to immigration .

The real problem to me is that the main parties are just lying to us and I think we have all had enough.

They all have the magic word that means they can suddenly stop the boats when everything else has failed, they all have the answer and it is simple, this morning I saw WEs Streeting telling us that Labour would recruit 8,500 Mental Health workers, where are they going to get this people from, oh yes im always walking into groups of qualified mental health workers standing on street corners with nothing else to do, this was just one thing that tickled me, Labour do not have the monopoly of pie in the sky promises.

Look across Europe and you see the rise of the right wing parties, there are dark days ahead

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who are you voting for? on 09:40 - Jun 14 with 476 viewsfranniesTache

Who are you voting for? on 07:34 - Jun 14 by Bazza

Hardly convincing trustworthy major sources. I guess we all believe what we want to believe! And subtexts, really.

Sorry his own words isn't trustworthy? I mean i'm inclined to agree for different reasons but fair enough
Who are you voting for? on 09:42 - Jun 14 with 470 viewsSt_Guido

Despite all the usual, predictable leftist "they're fascists" comments on here, it appears that the silent majority disagrees!

Poll: What would you choose as our Football Club's official name?

Who are you voting for? on 10:43 - Jun 14 with 433 viewsBuggalugs

Who are you voting for? on 09:42 - Jun 14 by St_Guido

Despite all the usual, predictable leftist "they're fascists" comments on here, it appears that the silent majority disagrees!

The Tory party as it stands is so far away from traditional Conservative policies, the door has been left wide open for a right leaning party to step up, hence the rise of Reform. Labour are equally guilty of moving from their traditions, so we've ended up with the 2 main parties being a shitty mish-mash version of their former selves.

I don't know how anyone can still vote Conservative after what they've done over the last few years so it's pretty much a foregone conclusion Labour will make up the next Government. However, many traditional Tory voters are now politically homeless so it's hardly surprising they see Reform as a way of protesting and hopefully completely destroying the shit-show version of the Conservative party we currently have. It doesn't mean they're all racist ffs.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Who are you voting for? on 10:58 - Jun 14 with 421 viewssaint901

Is a protest vote a wasted vote?

Like many here, I'm disappointed in the Tories on a number of levels and as such have no particular desire to see their candidate in my constituency continue in post.

In an ideal world I might wish that the parties were polling more closely together and that some form of cooperation in Parliament was necessary. unfortunately we are all being told that the likely result is Labour in power with a big majority.

It seems very unlikely that Labour will triumph in Southampton North and therefore we have the prospect of an MP who is not in a position of power or influence with the prevailing Gov't.

Arguably therefore a Labour vote here is a protest vote?

I cannot bring myself to vote Reform because I see them as the not so thin end of a far right wing wedge run by a moron who neither knows nor cares about the views and opinions of his candidates. They do however seem to represent every form of intolerance and discrimination that I find unacceptable and I will not vote for them.

Lib Dem? It would take a huge swing to get them in and then what? LD might have 40 MPs on July 5th. Hardly enough to influence.

Perhaps the ballot paper needs a "none of the above" box.
Who are you voting for? on 11:01 - Jun 14 with 420 viewsfranniesTache

Who are you voting for? on 09:42 - Jun 14 by St_Guido

Not seen a single comment mentioning fascism, just people questioning the dubious nature of Farage's extreme opinions.

I personally find it extremely worrying/depressing to see people like him get oxygen (the same is true on the other side of the divide with people like Galloway) and he definitely has shades of Mosley like Nick mentioned.

Personally i'd hope as a nation we're better than that, which it seems the majority are as he is polling at less 20% so not even close to a majority
Who are you voting for? on 11:14 - Jun 14 with 396 viewsBazza

Who are you voting for? on 11:01 - Jun 14 by franniesTache

Not seen a single comment mentioning fascism, just people questioning the dubious nature of Farage's extreme opinions.

I personally find it extremely worrying/depressing to see people like him get oxygen (the same is true on the other side of the divide with people like Galloway) and he definitely has shades of Mosley like Nick mentioned.

Personally i'd hope as a nation we're better than that, which it seems the majority are as he is polling at less 20% so not even close to a majority

Extreme opinions such as?
Who are you voting for? on 12:35 - Jun 14 with 353 viewssaintmark1976

Who are you voting for? on 10:58 - Jun 14 by saint901

Is a protest vote a wasted vote?

Like many here, I'm disappointed in the Tories on a number of levels and as such have no particular desire to see their candidate in my constituency continue in post.

In an ideal world I might wish that the parties were polling more closely together and that some form of cooperation in Parliament was necessary. unfortunately we are all being told that the likely result is Labour in power with a big majority.

It seems very unlikely that Labour will triumph in Southampton North and therefore we have the prospect of an MP who is not in a position of power or influence with the prevailing Gov't.

Arguably therefore a Labour vote here is a protest vote?

I cannot bring myself to vote Reform because I see them as the not so thin end of a far right wing wedge run by a moron who neither knows nor cares about the views and opinions of his candidates. They do however seem to represent every form of intolerance and discrimination that I find unacceptable and I will not vote for them.

Lib Dem? It would take a huge swing to get them in and then what? LD might have 40 MPs on July 5th. Hardly enough to influence.

Perhaps the ballot paper needs a "none of the above" box.

saint901, if it helps you with your decision the bookies are of the opinion that the Liberal Democrats may well get the huge swing you mentioned.

Currently, they are 8/11 on favourites to win the constituency of Romsey and Southampton North.
Who are you voting for? on 15:11 - Jun 14 with 252 viewssaint22

Who are you voting for? on 16:37 - Jun 13 by Bazza

Pal, i dont go on social media
And he is a bigot and a classic example of how out of touch our little island is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024