Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
donnelly and bartley 22:02 - Feb 5 with 5247 viewspunkrockjack

Can't help feeling they were recalled on Monk's request with this change already being in the pipeline. We know Monk thinks highly of Bartley, perhaps he sees a place for Donnelly also as let's face it gotta be worth a go as opposed to Vazquez. Thoughts?
donnelly and bartley on 22:05 - Feb 5 with 4273 viewsJackTheLad

Lita involved and a few members of the U-21's also involved in training today

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

donnelly and bartley on 22:05 - Feb 5 with 4268 viewsjasonbromham

Well Donnelly can't play this season as be is contacted to Coventry
donnelly and bartley on 22:05 - Feb 5 with 4268 viewsTheFranchise

Donnelly can't play. He wasn't recalled, he f*cked off home.
donnelly and bartley on 22:05 - Feb 5 with 4266 viewsDaithejack

Dont think Donnelly can play for us now, if the paperwork has gone through thinks hes Coventrys untill the end of the season.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

donnelly and bartley on 22:06 - Feb 5 with 4252 viewsforkbeard

As much as I can see a lot in it regards to Bartley. I'm not so sure about Donnelly considering we have Bony, N'Gog, Emnes and not forgetting Lita either. Hopefully Alvaro will either improve dramatically or will be left out. Would love to know why Rory came back and why a Coventry player said 'he wasn't up to it.
donnelly and bartley on 22:41 - Feb 5 with 4067 viewsPrivate_Partz

Very wise move by Monk. Wipe the slate clean and start again.
I think I read in one of the statements that we have thanked Coventry for being so understanding which suggest any contract has been ripped up and Donnelly can play. I have not read about Monk praising Bartley but I think he is one for the future.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

donnelly and bartley on 22:51 - Feb 5 with 3979 viewsLiberty

donnelly and bartley on 22:41 - Feb 5 by Private_Partz

I think I read in one of the statements that we have thanked Coventry for being so understanding which suggest any contract has been ripped up and Donnelly can play. I have not read about Monk praising Bartley but I think he is one for the future.

If they are Monks 'ace up the sleeve', we are shafted.

Dont think they are, perhaps just a case of calling in all the troops. Team bonding. Long term view.

If I see Kris O'Leary on bench alongside Monk and Curt on match day, then panic would set in for me.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

donnelly and bartley on 22:58 - Feb 5 with 3925 viewsPozuelosSideys

Itll probably a Rodgers type "its about the Group" ethic. Kinda adds weight to the stories about cliques and individuals not mixing. All hands on deck.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

donnelly and bartley on 23:02 - Feb 5 with 3905 viewsPrivate_Partz

Almost certainly he is trying to revive the Rodgers group thing. Good point in relation to KOL. However he may very well be on the bench as part of the team on Saturday as all the rest of them are gone!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

donnelly and bartley on 23:56 - Feb 5 with 3713 viewsTom1912

donnelly and bartley on 22:41 - Feb 5 by Private_Partz

We can rip up all the contracts we like, Donnelly can't play for us again this season.

Bartley is an interesting one though.
donnelly and bartley on 09:37 - Feb 6 with 3389 viewsDull1Thomas

Recalling Bartley was a sensible move by whoever. A viable conspiracy theory for wherever you are on who did what and when. But we need an extra player in centre back position especially if Amat is going to be covering DM.
Lots of games in deferent competitions with fatigue and injuries possible.
I just hope we don't see the Europa League and FA Cup being sacrificed.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

donnelly and bartley on 09:40 - Feb 6 with 3381 viewsBackHeel

I imagine Bartley will get a lot closer to the squad, Monk might have a greater appreciation for the additional strength and height that Bartley can bring - we do look a little lightweight at the back at times....i imagine, for political reasons, Chico will keep his starting spot for Cardiff though
donnelly and bartley on 09:40 - Feb 6 with 3381 viewswaynekerr55

donnelly and bartley on 23:02 - Feb 5 by Private_Partz

Almost certainly he is trying to revive the Rodgers group thing. Good point in relation to KOL. However he may very well be on the bench as part of the team on Saturday as all the rest of them are gone!

Has anyone actually seen KOL coach. Seems to get a lot of stick even though arguably one of the best coaches in the world Mourinho never kicked a ball professionally in his life...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

donnelly and bartley on 09:48 - Feb 6 with 3352 viewsRancid

First thing I'd have done if I was Monk is to tell Donnelly to get the f**k back to Coventry and stop sulking.
donnelly and bartley on 10:22 - Feb 6 with 3266 viewsgyrjack

so how come Donnelly has come back off loan, albeit a short one, and cant play but Bartley comes back off loan and can play? I'm confused
donnelly and bartley on 10:28 - Feb 6 with 3239 viewsJoe_bradshaw

donnelly and bartley on 10:22 - Feb 6 by gyrjack

so how come Donnelly has come back off loan, albeit a short one, and cant play but Bartley comes back off loan and can play? I'm confused

Bartley was recalled from a year long loan in January activating a clause in that contract.

Donnelly had only just gone so there was no recall clause.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

donnelly and bartley on 10:28 - Feb 6 with 3238 viewsraynor94

We recalled Bartley, Donnelly walked out on his contract with Coventry

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

donnelly and bartley on 10:34 - Feb 6 with 3222 viewsgyrjack

donnelly and bartley on 10:28 - Feb 6 by raynor94

We recalled Bartley, Donnelly walked out on his contract with Coventry

Cheers guys! Onwards and upwards!
donnelly and bartley on 10:36 - Feb 6 with 3214 viewsCatullus

Possibly because there was a recall clause in Bartley's deal but not in Donnelly's?

I think calling all hands to the pump and wiping the slate is entirely sensible. We don't need any in fighting, we need everybody to be together.
Bartly will obviously add muscle to our back four. And he'd give Caulker a fight at corners too! I see him being on the bench Saturday. Amat should start with Ash, we've been more solid with those two. Chico was great against Fulham but he's been poor for ages otherwise and would be on the bench for Saturday too, if I was picking the team.

I do wonder what happened at Coventry. If training down here has been that lax, maybe physically Donnelly was just not up to it? There have been things said about our conditioning. If it's that poor then anybody who didn't think we should have sacked Laudrup may want to think again. Is that why we seem to have been taking it so easy in the first half so often, players keeping themselves for the second half because they know they are not fit enough?
There are so many possibilities with all these rumours flying around! The sooner Monk and HJ speak out an put things to bed, the better. I'm not saying give Laudrup a right slagging, but just set the record straight as much as they can.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

donnelly and bartley on 10:36 - Feb 6 with 3214 viewsairedale

donnelly and bartley on 23:56 - Feb 5 by Tom1912

We can rip up all the contracts we like, Donnelly can't play for us again this season.

Bartley is an interesting one though.

Don't know aboiut Rory for a fact, but I noticed this article.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/donnelly_not_coming_back_to_sky_blue
donnelly and bartley on 10:39 - Feb 6 with 3201 viewsDull1Thomas

"The Northern Irishman lasted only one training session before returning back to South Wales, citing .. I don't like cross country."

donnelly and bartley on 10:43 - Feb 6 with 3175 viewsairedale

donnelly and bartley on 10:39 - Feb 6 by Dull1Thomas

"The Northern Irishman lasted only one training session before returning back to South Wales, citing .. I don't like cross country."

Oitstandin!
donnelly and bartley on 10:52 - Feb 6 with 3150 viewsCatullus

If it was true that he came back because he doesn't like cross country we should sack him for gross misconduct and send him packing!!
Training is part of the job and clubs have differing regimes. Unless they were asking him to climb the DVLA building in a howling gale with no ropes he should bl**dy well do it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

donnelly and bartley on 10:54 - Feb 6 with 3134 viewsDull1Thomas

donnelly and bartley on 10:52 - Feb 6 by Catullus

If it was true that he came back because he doesn't like cross country we should sack him for gross misconduct and send him packing!!
Training is part of the job and clubs have differing regimes. Unless they were asking him to climb the DVLA building in a howling gale with no ropes he should bl**dy well do it.

donnelly and bartley on 10:58 - Feb 6 with 3108 viewsWarwickHunt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024