Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at the topic titles tonight 00:26 - Mar 26 with 5362 viewsUxbridge

And I can't believe what I'm reading. We drew at Arsenal tonight. Fookin Arsenal. You'd swear we drew at Caersws given the sense of entitlement. Be annoyed we didn't win by all means (damn you Probert) but remember what was achieved.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 07:59 - Mar 26 with 3890 viewsDarran

You've always disagreed with me when I've said we have some of the thickest f*cking fans on the planet.

Someone said yesterday morning if we stay up it won't have anything to do with Monk and the players.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:07 - Mar 26 with 3878 viewsIAN05

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 07:59 - Mar 26 by Darran

You've always disagreed with me when I've said we have some of the thickest f*cking fans on the planet.

Someone said yesterday morning if we stay up it won't have anything to do with Monk and the players.

Some people are desperate for failure. It makes no sense to me. Last night Monk should get great credit for a bold and clever plan and the players great credit for almost executing it perfectly. But more importantly for having the balls to keep scrapping and get a huge, deserved point.
Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:14 - Mar 26 with 3864 views1983

Here we go again League 1 mentality...

Arsenal are another premiership side the same as us arent they?
Whats to be frightened of?
They are on the back of a public drilling from Chelsea,And Arsene is on the ropes.
We go 1-0 up and draw 2-2 (with the help of an OG)
Why not expect more...
As long as Monk says "I love Swansea City and will do anything for this club" about 100 times a day that seems to be enough for some fans
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 8:16]

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:15 - Mar 26 with 3859 viewsMattG

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:14 - Mar 26 by 1983

They are on the back of a public drilling from Chelsea,And Arsene is on the ropes.
Why not expect more...
As long as Monk says "I love Swansea City and will do anything for this club" about 100 times a day that seems to be enough for some fans

Don't be soft, mun.
Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:16 - Mar 26 with 3854 viewsDarran

Why not expect more...

And you're one of the fans I'm on about,dear God.

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:20 - Mar 26 with 3847 viewsIAN05

Why not expect more...

That's not league 1 mentality, that is realism. The Emirates is one of the toughest grounds in Europe to get a result. Let alone after the drubbing they got at the weekend.

Last night was a great result with a huge battling performance. The kind you need at this stage of season in a relegation battle.

Why would anyone not be happy ?
Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:20 - Mar 26 with 3847 viewsmonmouth

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:07 - Mar 26 by IAN05

Some people are desperate for failure. It makes no sense to me. Last night Monk should get great credit for a bold and clever plan and the players great credit for almost executing it perfectly. But more importantly for having the balls to keep scrapping and get a huge, deserved point.

We took over the game when we went behind. That was the best bit for me. Plan A and B fully present, correct and standing to attention.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:22 - Mar 26 with 3836 viewsmonmouth

Why not expect more...

LMAO

You arse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:26 - Mar 26 with 3818 viewspencoedjack

Why not expect more...

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:26 - Mar 26 with 3816 views1983

1-0 until up 73,74 minute then OG in the 90th

2 points dropped not 1 point gained take your Monk tinted glasses off

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:46 - Mar 26 with 3775 viewsjacksinceever

Why not expect more...

If we'd played in every game like we played last night we'd be on about 55 points by now. Last night was an excellent result against one of the top sides in the EPL.
What's to be frightened of? If we'd played like we have in some games this season they could have scored a hatful against us. The fact that they didn't deserves credit.
Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:49 - Mar 26 with 3771 viewspencoedjack

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:26 - Mar 26 by 1983

Mate I am not in the Monk love in mob, but to think a point at the Emirates is not a good result beggars belief.
Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:51 - Mar 26 with 3763 viewsairedale

On a scale of 1 to 10, that's got to be a 10 hasn't it?
Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:53 - Mar 26 with 3758 viewstomdickharry

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:20 - Mar 26 by IAN05

That's not league 1 mentality, that is realism. The Emirates is one of the toughest grounds in Europe to get a result. Let alone after the drubbing they got at the weekend.

Last night was a great result with a huge battling performance. The kind you need at this stage of season in a relegation battle.

Why would anyone not be happy ?

Couldn't agree more,they could bring on one of the best ever German international strikers who may be a little past his best but still a fine player,there is a time and place to criticize elements of our club but the team and Management last night were terrific,keep it up now for the rest of the season and we can look back on this season as a massive learning curve both on and off the field.
Looking at the topic titles tonight on 09:06 - Mar 26 with 3733 viewsJackSomething

Why not expect more...

We are indeed both Premiership sides, well spotted. Here are some key differences though:

Arsenal are 4th with 63 points, we're 15th with 30 points.
We smashed our transfer record by spending £12m on Bony this summer, they smashed theirs by spending £42m on Ozil.
Our stadium holds just over 20k, theirs holds just over 60k.
Their most recent turnover was £136m, ours was £67.1m.
You'll know our league positions over the years, here are Arsenal's finishing positions for the last 17 seasons:

3rd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th

So are you sticking to your argument that they're just another Premiership side and a point was a poor result?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 09:38 - Mar 26 with 3702 viewsperchrockjack

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:07 - Mar 26 by IAN05

With respect this is getting repetitive and tedious and its a mark of how some on here see themselves as a cut above the rest of fans.

They are no such thing no matter what the luminaries on here think.

We llose -people get upset, we win people are happier. Simple stuff really.

Fans who are neutral are the ones who should be neutralised on here

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 09:40 - Mar 26 with 3688 viewsDarran

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 09:38 - Mar 26 by perchrockjack

With respect this is getting repetitive and tedious and its a mark of how some on here see themselves as a cut above the rest of fans.

You've always been upset though.

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 09:46 - Mar 26 with 3676 viewsJackSomething

The important thing to remember Perch is that not everyone here is really a Swans fan, no matter what they claim. We know for sure we have a United fan, a Liverpool fan and numerous Laudrup fans.

There are also undoubtedly people who are happier when we are losing, this is a phenomenon that can be seen in all walks of life, not just football. Some people aren't happy unless they are moaning.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 09:47 - Mar 26 with 3675 viewsperchrockjack

You ve always been the same on here.

Why do it

Why man

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 09:58 - Mar 26 with 3643 viewsraynor94

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:26 - Mar 26 by 1983

Fair play your football knowledge is right up there with your geography, 2 points dropped?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 10:00 - Mar 26 with 3637 viewsDarran

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 09:47 - Mar 26 by perchrockjack

You ve always been the same on here.

Why do it

Why man

Yeah you've always been the same on here too,the most depressing downer going.

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 10:03 - Mar 26 with 3631 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 08:53 - Mar 26 by tomdickharry

Couldn't agree more,they could bring on one of the best ever German international strikers who may be a little past his best but still a fine player,there is a time and place to criticize elements of our club but the team and Management last night were terrific,keep it up now for the rest of the season and we can look back on this season as a massive learning curve both on and off the field.

An excellent post, particularly the last bit

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 10:08 - Mar 26 with 3617 viewsperchrockjack

You said not to take things too seriously on here.
You said you hate hypocrisy
You get pretty agitated it seems by the most trivial stuff.
You really are in the vanguard of the Always Right Brigade.
Never wrong, always "positive,go to more (home) games, etc .

This is not YOUR site. You re supposed to moderate it-that means to stop excess.YOU do not,you add to it and encourage it.

All in all its pointless.
Fin

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 10:16 - Mar 26 with 3597 viewsIAN05

I tend to agree that people throw the 'real fans' nonsense way too much but there are some situations which are difficult to fathom. This site and twitter was full of people slating things when we went 2-1 down only for those people to disappear when we equalised.

Surely as fans of a club you should want to criticise and debate when things aren't great but also bask in the glory when things are good. (like getting a point last night).

Some people only seem to want to do the former, which seems crazy to me.
Looking at the topic titles tonight on 10:26 - Mar 26 with 3573 viewsDarran

Looking at the topic titles tonight on 10:08 - Mar 26 by perchrockjack

You said not to take things too seriously on here.
You said you hate hypocrisy
You get pretty agitated it seems by the most trivial stuff.
You really are in the vanguard of the Always Right Brigade.
Never wrong, always "positive,go to more (home) games, etc .

This is not YOUR site. You re supposed to moderate it-that means to stop excess.YOU do not,you add to it and encourage it.

All in all its pointless.
Fin

I don't take anything too seriously that's why I'm not on a constant downer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024