Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction 21:18 - Apr 14 with 4936 viewsswancity

To defeat again on planetoverreact

The narrowest of defeats against a club challenging for the title and in the running to be champions of Europe in a game played with ten men for almost 80 minutes. Is enough to see the loss being the fault of;

The tea lady
Garry monk
David Ngog
Huw Jenkins
Lee Dineen
Michel vorm
Margin emnes

Are all football fans quick to completely over react to a loss? I'm not too sure. With four games to go I can see us finishing on at least 37 points and in 15 or 16 th place which is decent enough albeit not quite what we are used to. Ce la vie. Get on with it. Still punching above our weight.

Best of luck to Garry and the lads for the run in. Keep up the hard work and you will be rewarded. Positive things happen to positive people.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:20 - Apr 14 with 3531 viewsNeath_Jack

I think you're overreacting.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:21 - Apr 14 with 3518 viewsTrundle10

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:20 - Apr 14 by Neath_Jack

I think you're overreacting.

seconded
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:23 - Apr 14 with 3502 viewsDrizzle

You didn't mention Oscar. Nostradamus had a whole section on Mr Garcia. Big Swans fan see.
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:26 - Apr 14 with 3472 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think it's ridiculous to overreact to overreaction even though I'm in danger of overreacting to overreacting to overreaction.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:29 - Apr 14 with 3447 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm thinking about getting the outrage bus out of the garage.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:34 - Apr 14 with 3424 viewsMrSwerve

Aslong as we keep performing in the first half and have Ngog to bring on to close the game out, we'll be fine...innit.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:39 - Apr 14 with 3399 viewsswancity

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:34 - Apr 14 by MrSwerve

Aslong as we keep performing in the first half and have Ngog to bring on to close the game out, we'll be fine...innit.

Well it seems that the sheep see that it's the right thing to have a go at David Ngog who was good enough to get in the Liverpool first team as well as at Paris St Germain.
The boy hasn't fulfilled his potential but some of the stuff written about him is bollox. Ps it's all his fault that we aren't challenging for a champions league spot.

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:44 - Apr 14 with 3362 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

As long as we keep getting 0 points out of games, regardless of how well we 'battled' and who we played or how unfortunate we feel we were, I'm not going to piss on the chips of anyone getting worried.

Isolating the fact it was against Chelsea means sh*t-all at the end of the day. We played worse and conceded more at home to WBA with 11 men on the pitch; getting nothing out of a game can happen against anyone.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:45 - Apr 14 with 3356 viewsicecoldjack

What a plum of an OP .

Yeah zero stress as we fall out of the premier league due to total muppetry by the board .
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:46 - Apr 14 with 3351 viewsSwansNZ

Did anyone really think we'd beat Chelsea?

Loss was expected, loss came, move onto the next game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:46 - Apr 14 with 3345 viewsSwansNZ

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:45 - Apr 14 by icecoldjack

What a plum of an OP .

Yeah zero stress as we fall out of the premier league due to total muppetry by the board .

becuase we lost to Chelsea?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:57 - Apr 14 with 3296 viewsswancity

What a plum of an OP .

With our game plan ripped to pieces after 16 minutes and the reshuffle following I thought our players were excellent against Chelseawho scored with one of their only shots to hit the target via a defection too. It shows that we are not too far away. If we were being thrashed I would be worried. Our goal difference of -5 shows how close we are to getting it right.

Our run in means that we have much to be optimistic about. Check out Norwich city's last few games, for me it's Cardiff Sunderland and Norwich to go down with Fulham and west brom also below us.

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 3269 viewsicecoldjack

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 21:46 - Apr 14 by SwansNZ

becuase we lost to Chelsea?

Nope because there is an urgency about our situation which many feel is simply not required , the "everything is gonna be ok" brigade is as equally annoying as the "we are all doomed " brigade .

The mentality of "massive overeaction to defeat" is part of the reason why the whole season has been one of apathy by club,players and support, thinking we are either too good to go down or we are little old swansea that dont deserve to be there anyway so dont worry about anything.

I actually think that our club is very sustainable in the premier league with correct management but we have hit the classic swansea trait of being the graveyard of ambition .

Hysteria and overeaction is sometimes required to shake the club out of its one way direction, no hysteria in losing to Chelsea from me but lets be honest the club is in a bit of shite and needs its passion back sharpish, that means people actually realising we are in a massive fight for survival.

Football is a passionate sport, if there isnt a bit of hysteria and overeaction we have become far too comfortable as supporters and thats why the liberty is more like a library these days, apathy has taken over passion.

Its fine being sensible about the situation i credit people for being that way,calm heads and all that but there is also nothing wrong with venting frustration and being peed off with what is happening to our club .

Far too many people being sensible and devoid of passion, we are Swansea not kick and clap Norwich/Reading.

Sorry if i sound a bit fed up with the OP its nothing personal i just feel that our club is being run like a fookin' shambles at the moment and no level headed keep calm bull is going to disguise that fact !
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:11 - Apr 14 with 3224 viewsswancity

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:02 - Apr 14 by icecoldjack

Nope because there is an urgency about our situation which many feel is simply not required , the "everything is gonna be ok" brigade is as equally annoying as the "we are all doomed " brigade .

The mentality of "massive overeaction to defeat" is part of the reason why the whole season has been one of apathy by club,players and support, thinking we are either too good to go down or we are little old swansea that dont deserve to be there anyway so dont worry about anything.

I actually think that our club is very sustainable in the premier league with correct management but we have hit the classic swansea trait of being the graveyard of ambition .

Hysteria and overeaction is sometimes required to shake the club out of its one way direction, no hysteria in losing to Chelsea from me but lets be honest the club is in a bit of shite and needs its passion back sharpish, that means people actually realising we are in a massive fight for survival.

Football is a passionate sport, if there isnt a bit of hysteria and overeaction we have become far too comfortable as supporters and thats why the liberty is more like a library these days, apathy has taken over passion.

Its fine being sensible about the situation i credit people for being that way,calm heads and all that but there is also nothing wrong with venting frustration and being peed off with what is happening to our club .

Far too many people being sensible and devoid of passion, we are Swansea not kick and clap Norwich/Reading.

Sorry if i sound a bit fed up with the OP its nothing personal i just feel that our club is being run like a fookin' shambles at the moment and no level headed keep calm bull is going to disguise that fact !

But the club is not being run like a shambles is it? It's that very kind of OTT comment that so wide of the mark. We continue to be a well run club, the results are not going our way but we will be fine. I repeat though every season that we stay in this league must be seen as a success for our club. It's the increased level of expectancy which is bringing with it some pressure.

Not sure why the signings of two players who were only brought into the club to bolster an injury hit squad have caused so much criticism either. Emnes did well against Cardiff and Ngog hasn't had a chance really, you can't call 20 mins against a dominant Chelsea with 10 men as a chance. FFS Lionel messi would have found that to be mission impossible.

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:14 - Apr 14 with 3212 views100onZero

What a plum of an OP .

Funny, every time you post|I think what a plum. OP has a good point. You stay negative though at least you can say 'I told you we were in trouble' if you get your long prophesised relegation "Due To The Board".
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:16 - Apr 14 with 3197 viewsDarran

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:14 - Apr 14 by 100onZero

Funny, every time you post|I think what a plum. OP has a good point. You stay negative though at least you can say 'I told you we were in trouble' if you get your long prophesised relegation "Due To The Board".

You've noticed it's his every post too have you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:56 - Apr 14 with 3125 viewsicecoldjack

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:11 - Apr 14 by swancity

But the club is not being run like a shambles is it? It's that very kind of OTT comment that so wide of the mark. We continue to be a well run club, the results are not going our way but we will be fine. I repeat though every season that we stay in this league must be seen as a success for our club. It's the increased level of expectancy which is bringing with it some pressure.

Not sure why the signings of two players who were only brought into the club to bolster an injury hit squad have caused so much criticism either. Emnes did well against Cardiff and Ngog hasn't had a chance really, you can't call 20 mins against a dominant Chelsea with 10 men as a chance. FFS Lionel messi would have found that to be mission impossible.

Well run club eh ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2604623/Swansea-war-Garry-Monk

Rightio then

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:04 - Apr 14 with 3109 viewsWarwickHunt

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:11 - Apr 14 by swancity

Still "chuffed" about Marvin then?
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:08 - Apr 14 with 3089 viewsDrizzle

If we manage to get relegated from where we are I wont have any emotional 'juice' left. If we cant get 5 points from what games we have left then we have no business being in this league. If we stay up all we have to look forward to is doing this all over again.
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:12 - Apr 14 with 3074 viewsswancity

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:56 - Apr 14 by icecoldjack

Well run club eh ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2604623/Swansea-war-Garry-Monk

Rightio then

Eating crisps? Dear me, that's appalling, they'll be scoffing mars bars or a twix next.

Yes you've confirmed my point, over reaction after over reaction. Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned training ground fight either. Clear the air and move on, it's the best way. Something for them to write about, assuming there's any truth in it that is.

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:16 - Apr 14 with 3064 viewsDrizzle

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:56 - Apr 14 by icecoldjack

Well run club eh ?

Rightio then

Yes its hilarious that we are falling apart at just the wrong time.
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:17 - Apr 14 with 3059 viewsDarran

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:16 - Apr 14 by Drizzle

You've only got to read his posts to see that he's loving Monk failing.

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:20 - Apr 14 with 3048 viewsDrizzle

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:17 - Apr 14 by Darran

You've only got to read his posts to see that he's loving Monk failing.

One of the curious 'supporters' that never actually watch us no doubt. Be quite funny if we get relegated and the streams dry up. How will these people do their analysis then I wonder?
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:21 - Apr 14 with 3039 viewsDarran

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:20 - Apr 14 by Drizzle

One of the curious 'supporters' that never actually watch us no doubt. Be quite funny if we get relegated and the streams dry up. How will these people do their analysis then I wonder?

Radio mun like before and they'll still know more than fans at the ground,well Scouce did anyway.

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:24 - Apr 14 with 3032 viewsswancity

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:16 - Apr 14 by Drizzle

Falling apart?

There you go again. Wimbledon fell apart. Coventry fell apart. Portsmouth fell apart. We haven't, much to your disappointment no doubt.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024