Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monks future 10:48 - Apr 25 with 3263 viewsLiberty

Could be decided next week, dependant on Villa result.

He has signings planned and summer pre season tour.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-plans-Swansea-City-s-future-m

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Monks future on 10:51 - Apr 25 with 2447 viewsNeath_Jack

Work on the street is that your Plant Swans future is going to be decided next week with a high powered super mods meeting planned.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Monks future on 10:51 - Apr 25 with 2447 viewsraynor94

Worrying times for you lib

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Monks future on 10:55 - Apr 25 with 2428 viewsmonmouth

Obviously my sensory radar could be off beam, but I think, like it or not, it's already decided. In fact it was decided in february unless we went down.

If that happens, what he really will have with his new contract is, in effect, an extended interim contract with a guaranteed payoff. If we're floundering next November (or even get a terrible start) the pitchforks will be out and the pressure will be unbearable for him and for the Board.

Big decision. Here's hoping it all works out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monks future on 10:55 - Apr 25 with 2428 viewsWarwickHunt

Doubt it. F*cking lunacy if it is.
Monks future on 11:18 - Apr 25 with 2328 viewsLiberty

Monks future on 10:51 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

Work on the street is that your Plant Swans future is going to be decided next week with a high powered super mods meeting planned.

How exciting ..

Talking about work on the street......

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Monks future on 12:25 - Apr 25 with 2231 viewsJackSomething

Monks future on 10:55 - Apr 25 by monmouth

Obviously my sensory radar could be off beam, but I think, like it or not, it's already decided. In fact it was decided in february unless we went down.

If that happens, what he really will have with his new contract is, in effect, an extended interim contract with a guaranteed payoff. If we're floundering next November (or even get a terrible start) the pitchforks will be out and the pressure will be unbearable for him and for the Board.

Your first paragraph is pretty much the way I have felt since he was appointed.

I don't agree with it, not at all. Even if he is the board/Huw's preferred choice, he should be on a list of candidates, not just given the job. I just can't see them bringing someone else in as long as we stay up, whether through being stubborn or genuinely believing Monk is the man for the job.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Monks future on 12:30 - Apr 25 with 2199 viewsraynor94

Monks future on 12:25 - Apr 25 by JackSomething

Your first paragraph is pretty much the way I have felt since he was appointed.

I don't agree with it, not at all. Even if he is the board/Huw's preferred choice, he should be on a list of candidates, not just given the job. I just can't see them bringing someone else in as long as we stay up, whether through being stubborn or genuinely believing Monk is the man for the job.

Top post agree with everything

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Monks future on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 1989 viewsBackHeel

what's the preseason tour?
Login to get fewer ads

Monks future on 16:39 - Apr 25 with 1979 viewsWarwickHunt

Monks future on 16:34 - Apr 25 by BackHeel

what's the preseason tour?

Middlesbrough.

One stone, two birds.
Monks future on 16:56 - Apr 25 with 1944 viewsDyfnant

Haven't the club stated previously we should be looking to go down the 'boot room' way ala Iiverpool in the 70/80's. If so, we should get prepared for being underwhelmed when it comes to managerial appointments

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Monks future on 16:57 - Apr 25 with 1941 viewsDarran

Monks future on 16:56 - Apr 25 by Dyfnant

Haven't the club stated previously we should be looking to go down the 'boot room' way ala Iiverpool in the 70/80's. If so, we should get prepared for being underwhelmed when it comes to managerial appointments

Ben Davies is already booked in to take over from Monk in 2026.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monks future on 17:00 - Apr 25 with 1932 viewsWarwickHunt

Monks future on 16:56 - Apr 25 by Dyfnant

Bob Paisley had barely hung his boots up when he took over...
Monks future on 17:14 - Apr 25 with 1896 viewsUxbridge

Monks future on 10:55 - Apr 25 by monmouth

Well, nothing's official, we know that. Wouldn't surprise me that the key decision makers think Monk is the right man but it's certainly not decided ... and until it's decided, it's still open.

Big decision as you say. As big as we've had for quite some time.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Monks future on 17:26 - Apr 25 with 1858 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monks future on 17:14 - Apr 25 by Uxbridge

Well, nothing's official, we know that. Wouldn't surprise me that the key decision makers think Monk is the right man but it's certainly not decided ... and until it's decided, it's still open.

Big decision as you say. As big as we've had for quite some time.

The biggest since Martinez got the job but the magnitude of this one is going to be far greater. Martinez took over a mid table league one side not the PL where the club would stand to lose £60 million if we got it wrong. The difference in pressure is like comparing the Grand Canyon to the Swansea valley.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monks future on 17:29 - Apr 25 with 1845 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is absolutely scandalous if he is given the job permanently. If he had impressed during his short tenure I could understand the reasoning but he hasn't. I hope the rest of our fans stand up and voice our concerns in great numbers if this does happen.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Monks future on 17:30 - Apr 25 with 1836 viewsJackfath

Monks future on 17:29 - Apr 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is absolutely scandalous if he is given the job permanently. If he had impressed during his short tenure I could understand the reasoning but he hasn't. I hope the rest of our fans stand up and voice our concerns in great numbers if this does happen.

What can we do Dwight?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Monks future on 17:32 - Apr 25 with 1829 viewsDarran

There's no guarantee whoevers in charge mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monks future on 17:34 - Apr 25 with 1817 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I would hope the board have an extensive list of targets to pursue before we turn to Garry. If he is the best option our board can find then it is worrying.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Monks future on 17:37 - Apr 25 with 1799 viewsJackfath

What worries me is his ability to attract top players to the club and the connections he has in the game bar Rob and Bren.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Monks future on 17:45 - Apr 25 with 1774 viewsNeath_Jack

Yeah, because we've got an awful track record of appointing managers haven't we. If the board decide that he is the best candidate to take over, then best candidate he is.

Scandalous it most certainly isn't.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Monks future on 17:47 - Apr 25 with 1757 viewsJACKARSE

Monks future on 17:45 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

Yeah, because we've got an awful track record of appointing managers haven't we. If the board decide that he is the best candidate to take over, then best candidate he is.

We'll see ....
Monks future on 17:51 - Apr 25 with 1741 viewsNeath_Jack

Monks future on 17:47 - Apr 25 by JACKARSE

We'll see ....

What are we looking at?

Monks future on 17:54 - Apr 25 with 1732 viewsWarwickHunt

Hubris would be more apt.
Monks future on 17:56 - Apr 25 with 1721 viewsBaker

Monks future on 17:37 - Apr 25 by Jackfath

What worries me is his ability to attract top players to the club and the connections he has in the game bar Rob and Bren.

It's ok. He'll win them over with his dazzling personality.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Monks future on 21:07 - Apr 25 with 1573 viewssomersetsimon

"...best candidate he is.

Scandalous it most certainly isn't."

Yoda? Is that you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024