Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Stadium issue... 12:24 - May 1 with 5003 viewsMorSwan

Surely I am not the only person that feels expanding the stadium is a massive mistake in relation to the growth of the club? Our away attendances are poor, but home games yes, are considerably better but wouldn't it make more sense investing in the team to ensure our status?

What's the point in expanding when relegation looms for us? We just about stayed up this season and we all know if we had gone down the home attendance would have dropped, making it completely pointless to expand.

We should ensure our team is strong, as strong as an Everton before we start considering spending money on things like this.

Darlington not so long ago built a brand new stadium and look at them now. They don't even exist anymore and there's a stadium sitting there. Money should be spent elsewhere on more important things, the team.

Poll: What striker would you want?

New Stadium issue... on 12:25 - May 1 with 3197 viewsDarran

We're 12th with two games to go.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Stadium issue... on 12:27 - May 1 with 3177 viewsDyfnant

For starters, what have away attendances got to do with us expanding the stadium?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

New Stadium issue... on 12:29 - May 1 with 3161 viewsMorSwan

New Stadium issue... on 12:25 - May 1 by Darran

What so we were never considered going down at any point no...?

New Stadium issue... on 12:29 - May 1 with 3158 viewsjackforever

IMO season ticket sales for next season will pay a massive part in helping the board decide. The novelty has worn off, the upward cure flattened out, lets see where we are. Lots of rumours that sales are well down, we'll see. But for me the one thing we cant do is spend money on an extension we cant fill. In other words there needs to be no doubt based on real evidence not hear say either way.
New Stadium issue... on 12:30 - May 1 with 3157 viewsDarran

New Stadium issue... on 12:29 - May 1 by MorSwan

What so we were never considered going down at any point no...?

Not to me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Stadium issue... on 12:31 - May 1 with 3152 viewsmonmouth

New Stadium issue... on 12:25 - May 1 by Darran

...in the premier league...and yet being compared with Darlo by one of our fans. Triffic.

Here's an idea, why don't we build up the team and the ground?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Stadium issue... on 12:31 - May 1 with 3151 viewsMorSwan

New Stadium issue... on 12:27 - May 1 by Dyfnant

For starters, what have away attendances got to do with us expanding the stadium?

It considers how big we are as a club. If we aren't taking big crowds away that goes to show we haven't got as big a fan base as we think.

Maybe it hasn't got much to do with it but I am not wrong... it's there to see.

New Stadium issue... on 12:32 - May 1 with 3141 viewsMorSwan

New Stadium issue... on 12:31 - May 1 by monmouth

...in the premier league...and yet being compared with Darlo by one of our fans. Triffic.

Here's an idea, why don't we build up the team and the ground?

We came to the Premier League in 10 years, we can go as far down in that time if attention isn't paid towards the team and money is wasted elsewhere.

Login to get fewer ads

New Stadium issue... on 12:34 - May 1 with 3130 viewsbuilthjack

We have had 3 years in the Premiership, and another year coming up. We flirted with relegation this year, but it was just a tease. We are now an established team and need that extra capacity to ensure that the fan base is kept. Another 5000 or so seats would be filled for every Premier League game. I am sure that we all know people that would attend if tickets were available.
Has to be done as soon as next season is over.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New Stadium issue... on 12:38 - May 1 with 3102 viewsmonmouth

New Stadium issue... on 12:29 - May 1 by jackforever

IMO season ticket sales for next season will pay a massive part in helping the board decide. The novelty has worn off, the upward cure flattened out, lets see where we are. Lots of rumours that sales are well down, we'll see. But for me the one thing we cant do is spend money on an extension we cant fill. In other words there needs to be no doubt based on real evidence not hear say either way.

I'd be interested in price elasticity too. Expand, slash prices to the bone, particularly for youngsters. Maybe become a fans' club again by doing something radical like having the cheapest prices in the PL and under 15s, say, free. Every new fan is a future unit of cashflow. Increase prices by inflation every year from a low base. Sort out the commercial side. Break even in the short/medium term with more fans and medium/long term increase profits and grow to reflect better our population density.

No, not going to happen is it. Just a dream.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Stadium issue... on 12:38 - May 1 with 3100 viewsbuilthjack

Europa away games before and after xmas cost the fans an awful lot of money, I know people who took loans out for those trips, and have missed normal away games since as they cannot afford it.
Come next year the away support will be up again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New Stadium issue... on 12:41 - May 1 with 3069 viewsNeath_Jack

Got to be a vermin on a wind-up. Only they would mention away attendances in relation to our support.

Relegation looming, i could have sworn we were mathematically safe.

Building a team as strong as Everton's you say? Tidy, how long have they been in the Premier league.

How big is Darlo's stadium, perhaps we can move it down here and bolt it on to ours?

Dear God/Allah/Buddha*

*Delete as apllicable

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New Stadium issue... on 12:42 - May 1 with 3064 viewsairedale

We're lucky to have a good management team, and I'm sure that they will make the appropriate decision with regards to expansion.
New Stadium issue... on 12:48 - May 1 with 3024 viewsblackswan

home tickets always sold out we are missing an opportunity to introduce kids to the club a large percentage of whom will go on to be lifetime fans. i know of many people who would love a st for next season but have no chance of getting one, imho not expanding the stadium would be a mistake but would like to see it done in stages to maximise funds for team improvement
New Stadium issue... on 12:55 - May 1 with 2977 viewsjackforever

New Stadium issue... on 12:48 - May 1 by blackswan

home tickets always sold out we are missing an opportunity to introduce kids to the club a large percentage of whom will go on to be lifetime fans. i know of many people who would love a st for next season but have no chance of getting one, imho not expanding the stadium would be a mistake but would like to see it done in stages to maximise funds for team improvement

Pretty sure people who want a ST next season will have plenty of chance to get one.
New Stadium issue... on 12:58 - May 1 with 2960 viewsDevz00

Expanding the stadium should be the number 1 priority. It is absolutely vital to growing our club and fan-base. I can't stress this enough. It's sad and a little frustrating to read some of your comments.

Edit - in response to the OP.
[Post edited 1 May 2014 12:59]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

New Stadium issue... on 13:07 - May 1 with 2907 viewsMorSwan

New Stadium issue... on 12:41 - May 1 by Neath_Jack

Got to be a vermin on a wind-up. Only they would mention away attendances in relation to our support.

Relegation looming, i could have sworn we were mathematically safe.

Building a team as strong as Everton's you say? Tidy, how long have they been in the Premier league.

How big is Darlo's stadium, perhaps we can move it down here and bolt it on to ours?

Dear God/Allah/Buddha*

*Delete as apllicable

No I'm a season ticket of 5 years next season.

You couldn't of sworn we were 2 games ago.

Building a team as strong as Everton's yes. Crystal Palace leap froged us this season and we've been here for 3 seasons? What is your point? We need to invest intelligently, not straight out and wasteful.

You're so funny by the way

New Stadium issue... on 13:10 - May 1 with 2883 viewsMorSwan

New Stadium issue... on 12:58 - May 1 by Devz00

Expanding the stadium should be the number 1 priority. It is absolutely vital to growing our club and fan-base. I can't stress this enough. It's sad and a little frustrating to read some of your comments.

Edit - in response to the OP.
[Post edited 1 May 2014 12:59]

We have enough money to bring better players in though, unlike most clubs? Surely the team should come first, then whatever profit we make from becoming a better team would fund us becoming a better club?

New Stadium issue... on 13:11 - May 1 with 2871 viewsNOTRAC

Let's all be happy in our present size stadium so that when we descend the leagues to our proper place in Division 1 we can feel proud that we didn't waste money on empty seats?
What a load of crap.
There are tens of thousands of supporters who want to see us and can't because there are no seats available
Let's start acting like the huge business that we have become.The relative cost of expansion is not enormous.
This is little old Swansea's chance to show that we can think big.We've already let Cardiff overtake us in terms of Stadium size. They now have all the international matches.
Let's move forward now as quickly as possible?
Show the rest of Wales that there is entrepreneurship outside Cardiff.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

New Stadium issue... on 13:13 - May 1 with 2859 viewsairedale

Just phoned the ticket office. Me and Wasser want to move from the South to the West now the brats are apprentice alcoholics, and the ticket office informs that there is not a single seat available in the West.
New Stadium issue... on 13:16 - May 1 with 2844 viewsicecoldjack

Anyone else think the OP was written by a member of the board ?...

Small time thinking will be our un doing folks . We are 5,000 under capacity and cant grow without it .
New Stadium issue... on 13:20 - May 1 with 2826 viewsCooperman

New Stadium issue... on 13:11 - May 1 by NOTRAC

Let's all be happy in our present size stadium so that when we descend the leagues to our proper place in Division 1 we can feel proud that we didn't waste money on empty seats?
What a load of crap.
There are tens of thousands of supporters who want to see us and can't because there are no seats available
Let's start acting like the huge business that we have become.The relative cost of expansion is not enormous.
This is little old Swansea's chance to show that we can think big.We've already let Cardiff overtake us in terms of Stadium size. They now have all the international matches.
Let's move forward now as quickly as possible?
Show the rest of Wales that there is entrepreneurship outside Cardiff.

There are not tens of thousands of supporters who want to see us but cant because of the lack of seats.

Maybe in Prem season #1 that was the case and I can remember people hitting the refresh button on the keyboard in the run up to 10:00am on a Monday morning when general sale tickets became available.

This doesnt happen now me thinks.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New Stadium issue... on 13:21 - May 1 with 2819 viewsJackSomething

Not expanding the stadium is ironically the surest way to end up like Darlington eventually.

If we want to grow as a club, it's the logical next step. With the huge new TV contract kicking in, it should be possible to strengthen the team and commit to extending one side of the ground.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

New Stadium issue... on 13:26 - May 1 with 2775 viewsC_jack

So.. at what point do we decide that our status is ensured? When we win the league?

Such a poor way of looking at it.

"can't build while we're here, cant build unless we're here"

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

New Stadium issue... on 13:35 - May 1 with 2717 viewsDrWig

New Stadium issue... on 12:38 - May 1 by monmouth

I'd be interested in price elasticity too. Expand, slash prices to the bone, particularly for youngsters. Maybe become a fans' club again by doing something radical like having the cheapest prices in the PL and under 15s, say, free. Every new fan is a future unit of cashflow. Increase prices by inflation every year from a low base. Sort out the commercial side. Break even in the short/medium term with more fans and medium/long term increase profits and grow to reflect better our population density.

No, not going to happen is it. Just a dream.

There's some good points in there- I went to Hull recently-the KC is about 27000 capacity with I reckon a similar fan base yo us-meaning 20 quid for adults and 5/10 quid for kids for a low profile team like us (or indeed vice versa). Such flexibility allows occasional attendance and makes it affordable. So I took the kids there as it was still much cheaper doing the 250 mile round trip (50 quid fuel and parking, 30 quid tickets ) than the 25 mile one to Everton (80 quid or more for tickets 20 quid fuel and parking).

We are stuck until we expand.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024