Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barlow, Gary 13:36 - May 10 with 4964 viewsFergal

Tax dodging cant.
Barlow, Gary on 13:42 - May 10 with 3932 viewsLohengrin

He's probably paid more in tax than a hundred average Joes would in their combined lifetime. Just how much is enough?

His real crime has always been his dancing.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Barlow, Gary on 13:50 - May 10 with 3922 viewsFergal

Barlow, Gary on 13:42 - May 10 by Lohengrin

He's probably paid more in tax than a hundred average Joes would in their combined lifetime. Just how much is enough?

His real crime has always been his dancing.

And earned more than many thousand average joes.
Barlow, Gary on 14:04 - May 10 with 3896 viewsLohengrin

Barlow, Gary on 13:50 - May 10 by Fergal

And earned more than many thousand average joes.

Yes indeed, "earned." He did it all himself.

Barlow, Gary on 14:36 - May 10 with 3843 viewsDaggyjack

Barlow, Gary on 14:04 - May 10 by Lohengrin

Yes indeed, "earned." He did it all himself.

So, as he has earned hundreds of millions, he and the other two are allowed to avoid paying £20 million in tax cos they have already paid some??

Is that how tax or the obscenely rich works?? I'll have to try that
[Post edited 10 May 2014 14:37]
Barlow, Gary on 14:37 - May 10 with 3840 viewsDarran

So what law has he broken then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Barlow, Gary on 14:46 - May 10 with 3811 viewsPozuelosSideys

An awful lot of these tax avoidance schemes are set up by Financial & Professional Services companies based in the UK. They make an absolute fortune out of doing it.

HMRC takes ages to close one down and then retrospectively chase the users. The companies then move the goalposts slightly and it starts all over again.

If have cash, you avoid. Simple.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Barlow, Gary on 14:48 - May 10 with 3796 viewsJackfath

Barlow, Gary on 14:46 - May 10 by PozuelosSideys

An awful lot of these tax avoidance schemes are set up by Financial & Professional Services companies based in the UK. They make an absolute fortune out of doing it.

HMRC takes ages to close one down and then retrospectively chase the users. The companies then move the goalposts slightly and it starts all over again.

If have cash, you avoid. Simple.

Most of these companies are run by ex tax office people who have seen the loopholes and are able to apply them. The common man doesn't get a look in.

It's part of the big system to keep us repressed.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Barlow, Gary on 15:02 - May 10 with 3779 viewsexiledclaseboy

Barlow, Gary on 14:48 - May 10 by Jackfath

Most of these companies are run by ex tax office people who have seen the loopholes and are able to apply them. The common man doesn't get a look in.

It's part of the big system to keep us repressed.

There is a near army of former HM Treasury officials with encyclopaedic knowledge of how the tax system works who make big bucks advising very rich people how to pay as little tax as possible (legally) and thus become even richer, at the expense of the rest of us.

What does the government concentrate on? Benefit "fraudsters" who cost the country relative peanuts in comparison. Government has no interest in ensuring that those who can pay what they should.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Barlow, Gary on 15:07 - May 10 with 3763 viewswaynekerr55

My take on this.

Is it "fair" that one individual regardless of wealth should pay 50% tax?

Why exactly did the supposed "fiscal genius" Gordon Brown create a wealth of loopholes and complicate the tax system?

Why can't taxation be simpler, as there's a chance revenues would increase (both directly and indirectly)?

(In a Trevor Macdonald voice) "And finally, how that tosser can stand there and have the cheek to "beg" us peasants to donate to charities which would benefit from a minor increase in taxation from him is beyond me."

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Barlow, Gary on 15:09 - May 10 with 3753 viewsexiledclaseboy

Barlow, Gary on 15:07 - May 10 by waynekerr55

My take on this.

Is it "fair" that one individual regardless of wealth should pay 50% tax?

Why exactly did the supposed "fiscal genius" Gordon Brown create a wealth of loopholes and complicate the tax system?

Why can't taxation be simpler, as there's a chance revenues would increase (both directly and indirectly)?

(In a Trevor Macdonald voice) "And finally, how that tosser can stand there and have the cheek to "beg" us peasants to donate to charities which would benefit from a minor increase in taxation from him is beyond me."

They don't pay 50% tax though, do they? There isn't a 50% tax rate for a start.

Barlow, Gary on 15:14 - May 10 with 3739 viewswaynekerr55

Barlow, Gary on 15:09 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

They don't pay 50% tax though, do they? There isn't a 50% tax rate for a start.

My apologies - 45% + NI which takes it above that figure. Obscene.

For a fairer tax system the whole political set up would need radical overhaul, which shant be happening in our lifetime Mr ECB

Barlow, Gary on 15:14 - May 10 with 3736 viewsDarran

Mick Jagger left Britain in the 70s to avoid paying tax and got a knighthood of it.

Barlow, Gary on 15:17 - May 10 with 3732 viewswaynekerr55

Barlow, Gary on 15:14 - May 10 by Darran

Mick Jagger left Britain in the 70s to avoid paying tax and got a knighthood of it.

Bent c*nts

Barlow, Gary on 15:17 - May 10 with 3731 viewsexiledclaseboy

Barlow, Gary on 15:14 - May 10 by waynekerr55

My apologies - 45% + NI which takes it above that figure. Obscene.

For a fairer tax system the whole political set up would need radical overhaul, which shant be happening in our lifetime Mr ECB

It's not 45% on all earnings though, is it?

We have a progressive taxation system along with most of the rest of the developed world, which means that those who can afford to pay more do so. There's nothing unfair about it. What's unfair is that the majority of the tax burden still falls on those who can least afford to pay it, especially when you take into account indirect taxes.

Barlow, Gary on 15:21 - May 10 with 3721 viewswaynekerr55

Barlow, Gary on 15:17 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

It's not 45% on all earnings though, is it?

We have a progressive taxation system along with most of the rest of the developed world, which means that those who can afford to pay more do so. There's nothing unfair about it. What's unfair is that the majority of the tax burden still falls on those who can least afford to pay it, especially when you take into account indirect taxes.

Absolutely - I believe myself and you would fall into that bracket of the ones who pay proportionately the most

The system needs overhaul and that needs more focus on than benefit reform. The tax credits system for example. Why do people pay tax, for people to then repay it back to them, adding bureaucracy and cost?

Those employees would be better served helping deal with tax evasion IMO

Barlow, Gary on 15:23 - May 10 with 3716 viewsllangyfelach

That's as maybe, but Back For Good was smashing

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Barlow, Gary on 15:28 - May 10 with 3703 viewsexiledclaseboy

Barlow, Gary on 15:21 - May 10 by waynekerr55

Absolutely - I believe myself and you would fall into that bracket of the ones who pay proportionately the most

The system needs overhaul and that needs more focus on than benefit reform. The tax credits system for example. Why do people pay tax, for people to then repay it back to them, adding bureaucracy and cost?

Those employees would be better served helping deal with tax evasion IMO

First sentence - I f*cking wish.

On the rest, I agree. But it's easier for government to demonise benefit claimants than those who make nice little ditties like Back for Good, as my old mate Llangy's just referenced below. Shows like Benefits Street are designed and encouraged specifically for that purpose. Some scabby bint up north could be claiming £50 she's not entitled to and is demonised for it. Gary Barlow does much the same on a grand scale and we stick him on Saturday night TV and fawn over his every word.

No wonder Britain is f*cked up.

Barlow, Gary on 15:34 - May 10 with 3688 viewsmax936

Barlow, Gary on 15:02 - May 10 by exiledclaseboy

There is a near army of former HM Treasury officials with encyclopaedic knowledge of how the tax system works who make big bucks advising very rich people how to pay as little tax as possible (legally) and thus become even richer, at the expense of the rest of us.

What does the government concentrate on? Benefit "fraudsters" who cost the country relative peanuts in comparison. Government has no interest in ensuring that those who can pay what they should.

Spot on Ecb. On Gary Barlow himself l can't stand him, just saying

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Barlow, Gary on 15:35 - May 10 with 3685 viewsDarran

Barlow, Gary on 15:34 - May 10 by max936

Spot on Ecb. On Gary Barlow himself l can't stand him, just saying

Ooh you lying tw*t.

Barlow, Gary on 15:53 - May 10 with 3640 viewsLohengrin

Barlow, Gary on 14:36 - May 10 by Daggyjack

So, as he has earned hundreds of millions, he and the other two are allowed to avoid paying £20 million in tax cos they have already paid some??

Is that how tax or the obscenely rich works?? I'll have to try that
[Post edited 10 May 2014 14:37]

They will already have paid more than you or I would pay over the course of several lifetimes. Again, how much is enough?

Barlow, Gary on 15:54 - May 10 with 3639 viewsmax936

Barlow, Gary on 15:35 - May 10 by Darran

Ooh you lying tw*t.

Im 100% geniune, l can't stand his look his voice his demeanor or fukall else about him.

Barlow, Gary on 15:56 - May 10 with 3630 viewsDarran

Barlow, Gary on 15:54 - May 10 by max936

Im 100% geniune, l can't stand his look his voice his demeanor or fukall else about him.

How much did the ticket to see them in Cardiff cost you?

Barlow, Gary on 16:02 - May 10 with 3618 viewsmax936

Barlow, Gary on 15:56 - May 10 by Darran

How much did the ticket to see them in Cardiff cost you?

Too fuking much, l never thought much about until he started on Cowells show, my attitude towards him changed after that honestly he's a bigger tw@t than you
[Post edited 10 May 2014 16:03]

Barlow, Gary on 16:05 - May 10 with 3604 viewsexiledclaseboy

Barlow, Gary on 16:02 - May 10 by max936

Too fuking much, l never thought much about until he started on Cowells show, my attitude towards him changed after that honestly he's a bigger tw@t than you

Slow down there, Max. Them's harsh words on Mr Barlow.

Barlow, Gary on 16:08 - May 10 with 3597 viewsDarran

Barlow, Gary on 16:02 - May 10 by max936

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024