Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That United calypso is some chant fair play! 00:29 - May 14 with 6649 viewskopperburgjack

Fair play a brilliant and well thought of song by man united fans, it's called united calypso, think it was an old song but they have started singing it again over last few months.
Oh how I wish our lot could pull a unique song off like this but instead we have to copy boring crystal palace songs! Or swans will tear you apart again, which is sometimes sung when we are drawing which is embarrasing and even worse, it is sung after we already lost to the team earlier on in the season!

Anyway take a look at this, it's not that long but was united at Southampton on Sunday

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 00:39 - May 14 with 5408 viewsJackoBoostardo

So having watched the video, the words go...

duh, duuh, duuuuh, du, du, du, duuuuh
Bleurgh de bleurge du football club
Nu nu nuuuu du nuuuu du duuu
bleurgh du duuuuuh bleurgh Manchester

Pretty catchy is that!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 01:00 - May 14 with 5394 viewskopperburgjack

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 00:39 - May 14 by JackoBoostardo

So having watched the video, the words go...

duh, duuh, duuuuh, du, du, du, duuuuh
Bleurgh de bleurge du football club
Nu nu nuuuu du nuuuu du duuu
bleurgh du duuuuuh bleurgh Manchester

Pretty catchy is that!

Haa, it probably does unless you know the words, I looked them up as I was quite fond of the song! It's about 'football taught by matt busby'

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 01:05 - May 14 with 5390 viewsWarwickHunt

What the c*nting f*ck was that?
That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 07:10 - May 14 with 5215 viewsCooperman

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 01:00 - May 14 by kopperburgjack

Haa, it probably does unless you know the words, I looked them up as I was quite fond of the song! It's about 'football taught by matt busby'

So any references to Manchester United and Matt Busby are to be replaced with Swansea City and Huw Jenkins?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 07:12 - May 14 with 5212 viewsdeanscfc

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 01:05 - May 14 by WarwickHunt

Init.

Didnt even resemble a tune
That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 07:46 - May 14 with 5156 viewsAndy1300

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 01:05 - May 14 by WarwickHunt

What a bloody awful noise

Number 1 team in Wales

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 08:18 - May 14 with 5099 viewskopperburgjack

Pahaa, I like it anyway! Got their away end rockin

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 08:38 - May 14 with 5056 viewskopperburgjack

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 07:10 - May 14 by Cooperman

So any references to Manchester United and Matt Busby are to be replaced with Swansea City and Huw Jenkins?

Na didn't say that, just think we should sing more unique songs, instead of singing 1 liners/ the same songs as everyone else
[Post edited 14 May 2014 8:40]

Login to get fewer ads

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 08:44 - May 14 with 5039 viewsJackoBoostardo

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 08:38 - May 14 by kopperburgjack

Na didn't say that, just think we should sing more unique songs, instead of singing 1 liners/ the same songs as everyone else

So you want us to sing songs nobodyvelse uses by copying a ManU song???

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 08:51 - May 14 with 5022 viewskopperburgjack

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 08:44 - May 14 by JackoBoostardo

So you want us to sing songs nobodyvelse uses by copying a ManU song???

No I didn't say copy it I said we should sing more unique songs, and that was an example of a unique song from united
[Post edited 14 May 2014 8:52]

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 09:04 - May 14 with 4992 viewsSwansNZ

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 08:38 - May 14 by kopperburgjack

hymns and arias, don't think many other teams sing that

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 09:22 - May 14 with 4956 viewsmonmouth

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 09:04 - May 14 by SwansNZ

hymns and arias, don't think many other teams sing that

Oh, Ingerland is full of sh1t. No other premier league team will sing that. Nailed on.
"Oh Lord, Michel Vorm". "Jonjo, Jonjo, Jonjo....",
"Bone, Bone, Bone, Bone, Bony, Score a little goal for me" (or whatever)

There's loads of them mun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 09:49 - May 14 with 4913 viewsDevz00

Man United have always had some good unique chants and songs. Liverpool too.

We do have The Swansea City song and Hymns and Arias so we aren't doing too badly compared to other teams. But, I can see where the OP is coming from.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 10:56 - May 14 with 4850 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Does anyone else sing I can't help falling in love with you?

Don't make as many away trips as I used to but brought back some great memories of trips hearing that again over the last couple of weeks

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 11:00 - May 14 with 4844 viewsWarwickHunt

I'd love to hear the Asbo Corner have a crack at this...

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 11:34 - May 14 with 4803 viewsDevz00

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 10:56 - May 14 by PatchesOHoulihan

Does anyone else sing I can't help falling in love with you?

Don't make as many away trips as I used to but brought back some great memories of trips hearing that again over the last couple of weeks

I was thinking about that one too. Not many clubs sing it as far as I know. I do know that Burnley sing it though. I have heard them singing it a lot. I didn't go to Sunderland but it sounded like they sang it too?

EDIT, from wiki - The song is most closely associated as the main supporters' song of English football club Sunderland whose fans were the first to sing it. Since then other English clubs have adopted it including Swindon Town, Hull City, Huddersfield Town, Preston North End, A.F.C. Wimbledon and MK Dons and Welsh football club Swansea City A.F.C.. It is also used by Scottish clubs Airdrie United and Raith Rovers, Portland Timbers and Columbus Crew of Major League Soccer, as well as Central Coast Mariners of Hyundai A-League. The supporters of the Swedish team Djurgårdens IF also sing this song during games.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 11:35]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 11:39 - May 14 with 4789 viewstreboethjack

Can't stand united fans but I will give them credit for their songs. They do seem to come up with catchy, original songs.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 11:48 - May 14 with 4774 viewsDewi1jack

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 11:00 - May 14 by WarwickHunt

Personally, I'd like to hear the Disney Channel and Saga stands having a go at singing through the matches

♬We have seen you singing once before: We have seen you sing before

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 12:45 - May 14 with 4699 viewskopperburgjack

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 11:39 - May 14 by treboethjack

Can't stand united fans but I will give them credit for their songs. They do seem to come up with catchy, original songs.

Agreed!

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 12:52 - May 14 with 4676 viewskopperburgjack

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 09:49 - May 14 by Devz00

Man United have always had some good unique chants and songs. Liverpool too.

We do have The Swansea City song and Hymns and Arias so we aren't doing too badly compared to other teams. But, I can see where the OP is coming from.

Agreed, think united fans are the best away supporters in UK.

Cheers noel, any chance of getting back with liam or what

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 13:00 - May 14 with 4662 viewsWxmJax

Manchester United Calypso was written in the 1950's by Edric Connor, a Trinidadian calypso artist. I ocasionally used to get tickets from a friend in the late 90's for the European matches and it used to be played over the tannoy if I remember correctly.

They do have some good chants but why do they keep singing Ooh ah Cantona ? Might as well sing about Georgie Best and Bobby Charlton.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 13:16 - May 14 with 4646 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 13:00 - May 14 by WxmJax

Manchester United Calypso was written in the 1950's by Edric Connor, a Trinidadian calypso artist. I ocasionally used to get tickets from a friend in the late 90's for the European matches and it used to be played over the tannoy if I remember correctly.

They do have some good chants but why do they keep singing Ooh ah Cantona ? Might as well sing about Georgie Best and Bobby Charlton.

So after all the abuse and interrogations you gave me because I went and watched a couple of Manchester United games, you did a similar thing when you were my age too? Amazing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 13:30 - May 14 with 4622 viewsSwanjaxs

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 11:00 - May 14 by WarwickHunt

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 13:57 - May 14 with 4581 viewsWarwickHunt

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 12:52 - May 14 by kopperburgjack

Agreed, think united fans are the best away supporters in UK.

Cheers noel, any chance of getting back with liam or what

They got lots of practise - every game is an away game for most of the f*ckers.

#homecountiesreds
That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 16:10 - May 14 with 4518 viewsWxmJax

That United calypso is some chant fair play! on 13:16 - May 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So after all the abuse and interrogations you gave me because I went and watched a couple of Manchester United games, you did a similar thing when you were my age too? Amazing.

So glad you replied, I thought you had me on "ignore" that's why I put the post up. I was just fishing and look who I caught

Yes I went to the Monaco and Borussia Dortmund European Semi Finals. I also went to the Everton v Bayern Munich Cup Winners Cup Semi Final.

Interrogations ? I just ask you questions that you find awkward to answer because you know I am right and you are wrong.

You think you're funny posting your #united we stand thinking that us simple folk on here won't understand it and it will be way over our heads but you have such an overinflated opinion of yourself that you are bound to fail. I just like pointing out some of your many foibles.

"I go to uni in Manchester" how many times have you said that ? You go to Salford University but you feel that this is an inferior uni to both the Manchester Universities.

Salford is also a different city to Manchester but again you choose to ignore this fact. You really do have an inferiority complex about this.

You say that you are going to games (Stoke , Hull, etc) that you don't go to, yet are extremely vocal in your views on how the club should be run. I mean it's not as though you even go to matches, well the Utd cup match excluded.

Your negativity on Swansea and positivity on Man Utd would appear to know no bounds and yet you say you are a Swansea fan ?

Finally, so nice to see that you have chosen to remove your # about wanting Monk out, the Man Utd fanzine #united we stand and the # about Huw Jenkins. They make you look like a knob.

It is so funny because I believe that you are now trying to re invent yourself but alas you will have to sign up again under a pseudonym because to many on here you will always be thought of as a knob and that is no one's fault but your own.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024