Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Moore 23:36 - May 17 with 4237 viewsImAlrightJack

Scored for FC Toronto tonight in a 2-0 win vs Henry's NY Red Bulls, last kick of the game after a goalkeeper mess-up with his defence.

His winner vs Man Scummy, still lives long in the memory.
Luke Moore on 03:27 - May 18 with 4136 viewsHighjack

Yes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Luke Moore on 09:02 - May 18 with 3957 viewsmarchamjack

as does his abysmal goal scoring with us, that goal aside

oh well, found his level, good luck to him

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Luke Moore on 09:22 - May 18 with 3933 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luke Moore on 09:02 - May 18 by marchamjack

as does his abysmal goal scoring with us, that goal aside

oh well, found his level, good luck to him

Yeah but think of the records of whom we've had since! I would have him back as our no 3 striker behind Wilf and Borini next season

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Luke Moore on 09:38 - May 18 with 3903 viewsicecoldjack

Luke Moore on 09:22 - May 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah but think of the records of whom we've had since! I would have him back as our no 3 striker behind Wilf and Borini next season

I thought geting rid of Luke moore was plain daft considering the extra euro games we were taking on.

Never let us down when playing for us.

Was number 1 then we signed Borini on loan
Was number 1 then we signed DG .
Then we signed Michu
Then we signed Bony

its possible to argue its been difficult for him to assert his position but i feel he always offered us something when he came on,especially linking up with michu, when they played together it was obvious they had a good understanding an he was well liked in the dressing room by everyone .

Good luck t him,never was prolific but a nice technical footballer that fitted us perfect as a back up
Luke Moore on 13:39 - May 18 with 3774 viewsImAlrightJack

Luke Moore on 13:58 - May 18 with 3753 viewsJBT95

Why we got rid was a bit bemusing. He came good towards the end of the season scoring against Newcastle, WBA and Norwich. He set up the first goal at the Emirates after he had been out in the wilderness for two months, despite coming on at half time at home to Reading where we were 2 down and yet changed the game setting up at least one (if not both, I can't really remember) allowing us to draw 2-2. I thought under Laudrup he was a different player to that we had seen under Rodgers, we should have kept him and not bothered with Vazquez.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 15:56]
Luke Moore on 14:05 - May 18 with 3739 viewsPozuelosSideys

He looks in good shape there, may have even slimmed down a bit.

Most ive ever seen him smile too.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Luke Moore on 14:28 - May 18 with 3703 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luke Moore on 13:58 - May 18 by JBT95

Why we got rid was a bit bemusing. He came good towards the end of the season scoring against Newcastle, WBA and Norwich. He set up the first goal at the Emirates after he had been out in the wilderness for two months, despite coming on at half time at home to Reading where we were 2 down and yet changed the game setting up at least one (if not both, I can't really remember) allowing us to draw 2-2. I thought under Laudrup he was a different player to that we had seen under Rodgers, we should have kept him and not bothered with Vazquez.
[Post edited 18 May 2014 15:56]

Agreed. He was one of the most skillful players at the club full stop. I think because he didn't run around kissing the badge after scoring alienated him from some of our fans who ignored all of his positive attributes

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Moore on 16:27 - May 18 with 3623 viewsMagicDaps

Luke Moore wasn't a bad player, but we can certainly do better as a club. He had his moments, but ultimately doesn't score on a regular enough basis in the Premier League.

I think the main problem wasn't letting him go, it was just a lack of a replacement. Had we have replaced him effectively, I don't think there'd have been any issues with letting him go. The real issue was replacing Moore with Alvaro.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Luke Moore on 19:23 - May 18 with 3536 viewsEdmundo

Sign him up then, he's scoring again

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Luke Moore on 21:37 - May 18 with 3476 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luke Moore on 16:27 - May 18 by MagicDaps

Luke Moore wasn't a bad player, but we can certainly do better as a club. He had his moments, but ultimately doesn't score on a regular enough basis in the Premier League.

I think the main problem wasn't letting him go, it was just a lack of a replacement. Had we have replaced him effectively, I don't think there'd have been any issues with letting him go. The real issue was replacing Moore with Alvaro.

He'll never make our main striker but as a no.3 he'd be a cheap and quality back up

Luke Moore on 21:42 - May 18 with 3468 viewsDDCH

Had a quick exchange with our Canadian friends who were at the game. Thy are raving about Luke Moore. Apparently he played a cracker.

I just miss the 'Gold' Luke Moore song

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Luke Moore on 18:17 - May 23 with 3298 viewsTom1912

Better than Lita, Vasquez, Shecter and N'Gog.

Not saying much I know.
Luke Moore on 18:25 - May 23 with 3280 viewsmarchamjack

Luke Moore on 18:17 - May 23 by Tom1912

Better than Lita, Vasquez, Shecter and N'Gog.

Not saying much I know.

this comparison is often made in relation to when Luke Moore is mentioned as being better than...says it all if that's all he's better than (no dig at you Tom, just making a common observation as to who LM is often cited as being better than)

it's odd, both LM and Ki seem to be 2 players who many on here hanker after now they're not with us (yes I know Ki is back) but when they were with us, not many raised threads in praise of them

neither, for me, good enough for us and rightly the club at different times has looked elsewhere to replace them

revisionism rules

Luke Moore on 18:43 - May 23 with 3262 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luke Moore on 18:25 - May 23 by marchamjack

this comparison is often made in relation to when Luke Moore is mentioned as being better than...says it all if that's all he's better than (no dig at you Tom, just making a common observation as to who LM is often cited as being better than)

it's odd, both LM and Ki seem to be 2 players who many on here hanker after now they're not with us (yes I know Ki is back) but when they were with us, not many raised threads in praise of them

neither, for me, good enough for us and rightly the club at different times has looked elsewhere to replace them

revisionism rules

Or maybe some were too dull to realize just how decent a footballer he was.

Luke Moore on 18:58 - May 23 with 3241 viewsmarchamjack

Luke Moore on 18:43 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Or maybe some were too dull to realize just how decent a footballer he was.

Yes, Martin o'Neill, Roy Hodgson, Michael Laudrup, can't believe any of them couldn't see what a good player he was.

WTF do they know in fairness.

Laudrup was quite dull though really I agree.

Luke Moore on 19:11 - May 23 with 3233 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luke Moore on 18:58 - May 23 by marchamjack

Yes, Martin o'Neill, Roy Hodgson, Michael Laudrup, can't believe any of them couldn't see what a good player he was.

WTF do they know in fairness.

Laudrup was quite dull though really I agree.

I was talking about people on here!

Luke Moore on 06:32 - May 24 with 3149 viewsJoeSoccerFan

After coming off the bench in the 2nd half, scored again against an injury riddled, world cup depleted Sporting KC defense that lacked a true center half.
Luke Moore on 11:29 - May 24 with 3092 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luke Moore on 06:32 - May 24 by JoeSoccerFan

After coming off the bench in the 2nd half, scored again against an injury riddled, world cup depleted Sporting KC defense that lacked a true center half.

You should have seen his goal down here against Manchester City a couple of seasons ago..........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024