Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? 12:12 - May 31 with 84440 viewsTrundle10

Got a lot of different species here at the moment. Nuthatch, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long Tailed Tits, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robins, bullfinch, Gold finch.
What visitors do you get on yours?
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:21 - May 31 with 11704 viewsDarran

Since we moved here five years ago I keep a list,.

Blue Tit.
Coal Tit.
Great Tit.
Long Tailed Tit.
Chaffinch.
Brambling.
Goldfinch.
Bullfinch.
Siskin.
Blackcap.
Robin.
Wren.
Nuthatch.
Magpie.
Jay.
Jackdaw.
Carrion Crow.
Blackbird.
Song Thrush.
Redwing.
Dunnock.
Sparrows.
Collared Dove.
Wood Pigeon.
Starling.
Greater Spotted Woodpecker.
Tree Creeper.

We don't put feeders out anymore though squirrels have wrecked them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:37 - May 31 with 11688 viewsTrundle10

Have you tried the squirrel proof ones? I use them to keep the Jackdaws away. Hate Jackdaws. Good list though. Although i do not live too far away from Swansea it is interesting to see how many species that are different down your neck of the woods.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:41 - May 31 with 11678 viewsllangyfelach

No Lesser Spotted Spaggleclapper?

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:42 - May 31 with 11654 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:37 - May 31 by Trundle10

Have you tried the squirrel proof ones? I use them to keep the Jackdaws away. Hate Jackdaws. Good list though. Although i do not live too far away from Swansea it is interesting to see how many species that are different down your neck of the woods.

Tried everything Butt.

I also had this last year.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:56 - May 31 with 11641 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:21 - May 31 by Darran

Blue Tit.
Coal Tit.
Great Tit.
Long Tailed Tit.
Chaffinch.
Brambling.
Goldfinch.
Bullfinch.
Siskin.
Blackcap.
Robin.
Wren.
Nuthatch.
Magpie.
Jay.
Jackdaw.
Carrion Crow.
Blackbird.
Song Thrush.
Redwing.
Dunnock.
Sparrows.
Collared Dove.
Wood Pigeon.
Starling.
Tree Creeper.

That's hell of a list Darran.
I've got a good few of them on my list, with the exception of.
Brambling
Siskin
Black Cap
Nuthatch
Jay
Great Spotted Woodpecker.

I don't have any trouble with Squirrels, It's the f*cking Jackdaws that I hate, people throwing bread for the feckers, their everywhere up here, drawing rats and robbing small birds nests, I hate the f*cking things.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:30 - May 31 with 11631 viewsAquinas

F*ck loads of male pheasants at the moment that eat all the bird feed that drops onto the floor from the feeder.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:43 - May 31 with 11623 viewsTrundle10

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:56 - May 31 by Flashberryjack

That's hell of a list Darran.
I've got a good few of them on my list, with the exception of.
Brambling
Siskin
Black Cap
Nuthatch
Jay
Great Spotted Woodpecker.

I don't have any trouble with Squirrels, It's the f*cking Jackdaws that I hate, people throwing bread for the feckers, their everywhere up here, drawing rats and robbing small birds nests, I hate the f*cking things.

f@cking hate them too. Jackdaws are vile.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:46 - May 31 with 11612 viewsTrundle10

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:42 - May 31 by Darran

Tried everything Butt.

Was going to post this

Then saw this
Login to get fewer ads

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:52 - May 31 with 11608 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:43 - May 31 by Trundle10

f@cking hate them too. Jackdaws are vile.

"Sky rats" that's what I call them.
Idiots with good intentions throwing bread out for them are doing more harm than good.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:53 - May 31 with 11574 viewsswanny

We don't anything like that variety here, although I spend a fortune on birdseed - it's mostly magpies we get here....incidentally I didn't see any field fares this year, I wonder why?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:11 - Jun 18 with 11429 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:21 - May 31 by Darran

Blue Tit.
Coal Tit.
Great Tit.
Long Tailed Tit.
Chaffinch.
Brambling.
Goldfinch.
Bullfinch.
Siskin.
Blackcap.
Robin.
Wren.
Nuthatch.
Magpie.
Jay.
Jackdaw.
Carrion Crow.
Blackbird.
Song Thrush.
Redwing.
Dunnock.
Sparrows.
Collared Dove.
Wood Pigeon.
Starling.
Tree Creeper.

Two new additions this lars two weeks.

Grey Wagtail.
Pied Wagtail.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 22:30 - Jun 18 with 11418 viewsthe_oracle

8.30 last night the song birds were going nuts out by the feeders. Went out and a bloody big sparrow hawk was sitting in the tree waiting for his moment.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 07:43 - Jun 19 with 11379 viewsswanny

We had a strange one the other day (well strange for us) I looked it up, it was a type of pigeon called a gier, but we are definitely missing the starlings this year. We usually see them doing their 'swarming' thing in the evening, but not a sausage so far.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 08:01 - Jun 19 with 11369 viewslifelong

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 16:53 - May 31 by swanny

We don't anything like that variety here, although I spend a fortune on birdseed - it's mostly magpies we get here....incidentally I didn't see any field fares this year, I wonder why?

Had the majority of Darran's list pay a visit, go through about a kilo of sun flower hearts and a kilo of suet logs a week. Had a family of gold finches almost take up residence this year, they love the sun flower hearts.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 08:57 - Jun 19 with 11354 viewsswanny

I'm actually putting porridge oats down in the early evening...the slugs love them and then the blackbirds come and eat the slugs - just sprinkle it around like slug bait.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:00 - Jun 19 with 11327 viewsgosfordjack

Get an air rifle, good target practice those grey tree rats.
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 11:17 - Jun 19 with 11321 viewsSCB1985

I have a heron who has an expensive taste for stergeon.

Poll: whats more important to you

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:32 - Jun 19 with 11291 viewsLeonisGod

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:42 - May 31 by Darran

Tried everything Butt.

Mastic along the top of the wall, razor wire over the fixings, and for security a pressure sensitive IED should do the trick.

Seriously, something like some brambles lashed to that wall would stop the little sods.

We moved in Jan and have birds in the garden for the first time since we moved to Swansea. Put up a nesting box and had a pair of blue tits successfully raise some nippers. Not sure how many though as we can't really see the box from the house. Saw the adults flying back and forth with beaks full of grubs though. Only blue tits but I'm dead chuffed for them (although they've probably been eaten by cats now).
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:38 - Jun 19 with 11286 viewsDarran

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:32 - Jun 19 by LeonisGod

Mastic along the top of the wall, razor wire over the fixings, and for security a pressure sensitive IED should do the trick.

Seriously, something like some brambles lashed to that wall would stop the little sods.

We moved in Jan and have birds in the garden for the first time since we moved to Swansea. Put up a nesting box and had a pair of blue tits successfully raise some nippers. Not sure how many though as we can't really see the box from the house. Saw the adults flying back and forth with beaks full of grubs though. Only blue tits but I'm dead chuffed for them (although they've probably been eaten by cats now).

Don't forget to clean the nest box out.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:03 - Jun 19 with 11260 viewsjack_lord

Most amazing sight in my garden for me was a kingfisher. What a majestic bird.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:08 - Jun 19 with 11258 viewsmax936

No birds that value their being ventures into our garden with my hound on the prowl, he hates them, he sits for ages watching them up in next doors tree's, just waiting for one of them to make his day

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 01:00 - Jun 20 with 11242 viewsNatterjack

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 23:08 - Jun 19 by max936

No birds that value their being ventures into our garden with my hound on the prowl, he hates them, he sits for ages watching them up in next doors tree's, just waiting for one of them to make his day

Your dog sits in next doors tree? Impressive
Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 09:44 - Jun 20 with 11199 viewsmax936

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 12:41 - May 31 by llangyfelach

No Lesser Spotted Spaggleclapper?

I know there's a resident lesser spotted long haired tit there Mart.

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 09:49 - Jun 20 with 11191 viewsmax936

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 01:00 - Jun 20 by Natterjack

Your dog sits in next doors tree? Impressive

The tree ladder helps

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 18:33 - Jun 20 with 11143 viewsLeonisGod

Does Anyone Here Feed Birds in the Garden? on 13:38 - Jun 19 by Darran

Don't forget to clean the nest box out.

Really? So they won't use it again next year then?

(Note to self - Why don't I know this stuff?)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024