Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pozuelo and Canas 22:44 - Jul 16 with 8141 viewsCaliforniaJack

As we see images of Amat and Chico progressing through pre-season training I begin to wonder what Messers Pozuelo and Canas have done so bad for them to be encouraged to find new clubs?
Pozuelo and Canas on 16:52 - Jul 17 with 1091 viewsSpratty

Pozuelo and Canas on 14:18 - Jul 17 by londonlisa2001

If that's your agenda then it perhaps would be a good idea to display those characteristics yourself maybe?

Our captain last night was Spanish by the way - just pointing it out.

Thanks perhaps you could point me to where I have not adhered to those principals of truth decency and fairness. Always willing to learn and try to live better by my principals. Of course I present one side of the argument to counter some of the crap coming from the other side.

You subsequent comments about a bias for Spanish players I would think was a bit of a dig too. Just so you are aware I have variously vigourously defended many players here against unfair criticism including Dyer and Tatey and probably even Monk. Of course the likes of Starsky think they can state things about players as facts whilst totally being unable to back them up. Fairness is for all not just for the chosen few.
Pozuelo and Canas on 17:06 - Jul 17 with 1078 viewsSpratty

Pozuelo and Canas on 13:19 - Jul 17 by Starsky

Well I will counter that with... What's your source for your take on Canas the redeemer?

So that's no evidence for something presented as a flat fact then - how surprising.

Canas the redeemer - don't think I said that did I but hey you just go on keep making things up. My view on his capability is taken from watching him and the rest of our team live more than most on here. Also from official statistics.
Pozuelo and Canas on 18:08 - Jul 17 with 1028 viewsStarsky

Pozuelo and Canas on 16:52 - Jul 17 by Spratty

Thanks perhaps you could point me to where I have not adhered to those principals of truth decency and fairness. Always willing to learn and try to live better by my principals. Of course I present one side of the argument to counter some of the crap coming from the other side.

You subsequent comments about a bias for Spanish players I would think was a bit of a dig too. Just so you are aware I have variously vigourously defended many players here against unfair criticism including Dyer and Tatey and probably even Monk. Of course the likes of Starsky think they can state things about players as facts whilst totally being unable to back them up. Fairness is for all not just for the chosen few.

Fairness??? You have been converting assumptions into facts ever since Laudrup left and you know it.
Strewth.

It's just the internet, init.

Pozuelo and Canas on 19:44 - Jul 17 with 976 viewsjacksinceever

Pozuelo and Canas on 22:54 - Jul 16 by swancity

Pozuelo is a gifted and skilful player but like Hernandez is far too inconsistent. In Canas case, I'm not sure he is quite good enough for the Premier League. May be back up but we have far better midfield options.

Sorry but Hernandez contributed a heck of a lot more and had he had a long run without injury IMO he would have been outstanding.
He'd jump over Pozuelo and Canas' contributions to the team.
Pozuelo and Canas on 19:49 - Jul 17 with 964 viewsskippyjack

Decent players.. not committed.. f*ck them

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Pozuelo and Canas on 19:53 - Jul 17 with 956 viewsDarran

Pozuelo and Canas on 19:44 - Jul 17 by jacksinceever

Sorry but Hernandez contributed a heck of a lot more and had he had a long run without injury IMO he would have been outstanding.
He'd jump over Pozuelo and Canas' contributions to the team.

If he'd had a long run without injury we could have called him Pele.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pozuelo and Canas on 20:39 - Jul 17 with 923 viewslondonlisa2001

Pozuelo and Canas on 16:52 - Jul 17 by Spratty

I don't think it is a great display of decency and fairness when the second that someone posts something you disagree with you accuse them of being on the payroll and make snidey little comments about them.

But then it is possible that I simply have a higher standard than you do of what is decent and fair.

And you have not, in my opinion, been particularly fair on the subject of Laudrup leaving. You have said just today that he was 'shat on' - how on earth do you know that? Oh yeah, because he or his pitbull said so and the club issued no comment whatsoever. So you haven't heard both sides of the story have you. And yet also today you've praised Michu - if there any 'shat on' behaviour here it's Michu's who has been happy to 'shit' all over the club that made his name and the fans that supported him to such an extent.

Tell me one thing though, and this is actually a very genuine question. If Laudrup was so great a manager and so highly regarded, then how the hell has he ended up in Qatar? Or do you believe him to be an utter mercenary?
Pozuelo and Canas on 20:41 - Jul 17 with 915 viewsPozuelosSideys

Canas aint good enough. No big loss.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Pozuelo and Canas on 20:43 - Jul 17 with 915 viewsAngelRangelQS

Back on topic...

If we can't ship these two out (which I think will be hard anyway), can Monk back down and get them involved again or will we be paying first team wages to players sitting in the stands with no prospects of them playing again?
Pozuelo and Canas on 20:53 - Jul 17 with 893 viewslondonlisa2001

Pozuelo and Canas on 20:43 - Jul 17 by AngelRangelQS

Back on topic...

If we can't ship these two out (which I think will be hard anyway), can Monk back down and get them involved again or will we be paying first team wages to players sitting in the stands with no prospects of them playing again?

I guess it really depends on the reasons why this has happened which I'm not sure whether anyone really knows details of (or at least, some may well do, but it's not clear). I had heard rumours of something to do with the race day but I have no reason to believe that to be anything other than gossip and chinese whispers.
Pozuelo and Canas on 21:03 - Jul 17 with 875 viewsAngelRangelQS

Pozuelo and Canas on 20:53 - Jul 17 by londonlisa2001

I guess it really depends on the reasons why this has happened which I'm not sure whether anyone really knows details of (or at least, some may well do, but it's not clear). I had heard rumours of something to do with the race day but I have no reason to believe that to be anything other than gossip and chinese whispers.

But even at their worst the rumours hardly suggest any awful unforgivable behaviour has gone on
Pozuelo and Canas on 21:05 - Jul 17 with 870 viewsJackSomething

Pozuelo and Canas on 20:43 - Jul 17 by AngelRangelQS

Back on topic...

Like Leon Knight, I guess we'll never know the exact details, but it better be something pretty serious. Otherwise I would join you in being unhappy at paying their wages while they have no contribution to the team whatsoever.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Pozuelo and Canas on 21:13 - Jul 17 with 853 viewsAngelRangelQS

Pozuelo and Canas on 21:05 - Jul 17 by JackSomething

Like Leon Knight, I guess we'll never know the exact details, but it better be something pretty serious. Otherwise I would join you in being unhappy at paying their wages while they have no contribution to the team whatsoever.

It's not so much being unhappy - more so asking the question whether it will get to the stage where we may as well play them as and when we need them
Pozuelo and Canas on 21:51 - Jul 17 with 813 viewsbargoedjack

Canas was one of those players I found difficult to trust he switched off at key moments. or was in the wrong positions. I know Jonjo had a couple of high profile gaffes, but what he brought to the table when good more than made up for the odd mistake. Canas seemed to get us in trouble more than he should and didn't add much to the team. Reminded me a bit of Kemy in the way he'd often just drift out of his marking duties at key moments.

I'm not sure what happened with Pozuelo - started brightly as a super-sub and played some killer through balls in the first third of the season ... well-taken goal in the Europa League qualifiers too - his appearance as a sub against West Ham was typical of most of his later performances ...

While earlier in the season the ball would stick to his feet and he'd be a difference maker, latterly he was easily muscled off the ball - I assumed confidence was part of the problem. Still at 21/22 you'd think his talent would be worth persevering with, unless he really is a bad apple (which seems likely)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024