Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? 15:25 - Aug 11 with 8624 viewsKingsJack

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/swansea-make-offer-for-benjamin-stambo

This is the same source that was right about Gomis and also reported about Payet.

Has a few French U21 caps and can also play as a centre back.

Thoughts?
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:27 - Aug 11 with 5881 views1jack

Just get on with it.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:30 - Aug 11 with 5835 viewsicecoldjack

Seems we are looking closely to the French league/players these days, has our scouting team moved out of Middlesbrough and gone to live in France ?

Need to be careful we don't get another clique forming, spread the nationalities !
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:32 - Aug 11 with 5806 viewsKingsJack

Looks like he can also play as a left back!
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:36 - Aug 11 with 5741 viewsTom1912

Excellent news-French defensive midfielders are great.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:41 - Aug 11 with 5697 viewsTheFranchise

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:36 - Aug 11 by Tom1912

Excellent news-French defensive midfielders are great.

Unusual though, as a nation they're not really known for being able to defend anything.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:49 - Aug 11 with 5612 viewsDaggyjack

Good article on Stambouli. Looks a good option as he can play as CDM, CB and LB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040514-scouting-report-is-benjamin-stambouli
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:01 - Aug 11 with 5503 viewslondonlisa2001

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:49 - Aug 11 by Daggyjack

Good article on Stambouli. Looks a good option as he can play as CDM, CB and LB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040514-scouting-report-is-benjamin-stambouli

If as the report suggests, he can tackle he'd be a welcome addition. At times on Saturday, I was yelling at the screen for one of Shelvey or Ki to put a tackle in - it was not JDG's strong point either and without Leon in the team, it's an area where we're short.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:14 - Aug 11 with 5394 viewsmonmouth

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:01 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

If as the report suggests, he can tackle he'd be a welcome addition. At times on Saturday, I was yelling at the screen for one of Shelvey or Ki to put a tackle in - it was not JDG's strong point either and without Leon in the team, it's an area where we're short.

I honestly think that there was a fair bit of injury avoidance going on on Saturday Lisa. I called it a half-hearted, half-arsed, half-paced display during the game and I stick by that. I don't think anyone, including Monk, treated that game at all seriously. I am fully expecting something totally different this Saturday and, if we don't get it, I'll be paying my membership fee for the worry club.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:21 - Aug 11 with 5338 viewsWarwickHunt

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:01 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

None of them are defensive midfielders. It's been obvious since Canas was put on the naughty step we've needed back-up/competition for Leon.

I don't think that we're so poor as having to find Canas another club before we can fill such a crucial position either.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:31 - Aug 11 with 5244 viewsTom1912

Seems this lad only has a year left on his contract too.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:32 - Aug 11 with 5238 viewsmonmouth

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:21 - Aug 11 by WarwickHunt

None of them are defensive midfielders. It's been obvious since Canas was put on the naughty step we've needed back-up/competition for Leon.

I don't think that we're so poor as having to find Canas another club before we can fill such a crucial position either.

Whatever I think of Monk's overall approach (broadly cautious support), it is rank bad management imo that we are unable to play Canas there on Saturday. We are paying him, and he is a professional football player that is looking for a new employer. Irrespective of the future everyone would benefit from a shop window appearance at OT and it is an outrageous piece of nose slashing to have him sat at home.

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:34 - Aug 11 with 5220 viewsWarwickHunt

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:41 - Aug 11 by TheFranchise

Unusual though, as a nation they're not really known for being able to defend anything.

Can't believe you got two down arrows for that...
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:35 - Aug 11 with 5176 viewsTom1912

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:34 - Aug 11 by WarwickHunt

Can't believe you got two down arrows for that...

I know!
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:37 - Aug 11 with 5170 views_

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:32 - Aug 11 by monmouth

Whatever I think of Monk's overall approach (broadly cautious support), it is rank bad management imo that we are unable to play Canas there on Saturday. We are paying him, and he is a professional football player that is looking for a new employer. Irrespective of the future everyone would benefit from a shop window appearance at OT and it is an outrageous piece of nose slashing to have him sat at home.

Exactly...

The whole handling of the Spanish exodus has left a very sour taste in my mouth and done nothing for our reputation as a club.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:40 - Aug 11 with 5151 viewslondonlisa2001

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:14 - Aug 11 by monmouth

I honestly think that there was a fair bit of injury avoidance going on on Saturday Lisa. I called it a half-hearted, half-arsed, half-paced display during the game and I stick by that. I don't think anyone, including Monk, treated that game at all seriously. I am fully expecting something totally different this Saturday and, if we don't get it, I'll be paying my membership fee for the worry club.

yes - you may well be right. It certainly wasn't what I'd call a blood and thunder approach.

In fact, in a lot of way, the perceived lack of real effort reminded me of games like Cardiff away, West Ham away last season to be honest.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:41 - Aug 11 with 5143 viewsJango

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:32 - Aug 11 by monmouth

Were you of the same opinion last season when Laudrup initially loaned out Ki, then opted against recalling him when we were desperately short in midfield? That was very bad management. Monk has a week until United game to get a player don't forget.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:47 - Aug 11 with 5085 viewsmonmouth

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:41 - Aug 11 by Jango

Were you of the same opinion last season when Laudrup initially loaned out Ki, then opted against recalling him when we were desperately short in midfield? That was very bad management. Monk has a week until United game to get a player don't forget.

Yes

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:51 - Aug 11 with 5056 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We have only only one defensive midfielder who is any good at it & he's injured .

It's Fu king madness mun .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:52 - Aug 11 with 5052 viewsblaine_scfc

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:41 - Aug 11 by Jango

That was a Jenkins cock up.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 17:16 - Aug 11 with 4901 viewsJango

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:52 - Aug 11 by blaine_scfc

That was a Jenkins cock up.

So when laudrup was in charge, Jenkins was at fault for incomings and outgoings. When Monk is in charge, it's Monks fault. Laudrup chose to send Ki on loan and laudrup chose not to recall him, Fact! The transfer window hasn't shut yet and monk wasn't to know that Britton was to get injured! Surely you'd rather play Ki in that position against United, a game we aren't expected to win! Than rush into a signing just because a player is injured. I see United away first game of the season, as a game to perhaps cause an upset, but more as an opportunity to get more fitness and also more time to get the squad together for when our season really starts the week after! And I wouldn't be surprised if that's how people at the club see it.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 17:22 - Aug 11 with 4849 viewsblaine_scfc

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 17:16 - Aug 11 by Jango

So when laudrup was in charge, Jenkins was at fault for incomings and outgoings. When Monk is in charge, it's Monks fault. Laudrup chose to send Ki on loan and laudrup chose not to recall him, Fact! The transfer window hasn't shut yet and monk wasn't to know that Britton was to get injured! Surely you'd rather play Ki in that position against United, a game we aren't expected to win! Than rush into a signing just because a player is injured. I see United away first game of the season, as a game to perhaps cause an upset, but more as an opportunity to get more fitness and also more time to get the squad together for when our season really starts the week after! And I wouldn't be surprised if that's how people at the club see it.

Laudrup letting Ki go was a mistake, but if I remember correctly Huw was out in the press saying we could have him back, but when it came down to it, that wasn't the case.
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 17:31 - Aug 11 with 4767 viewsWarwickHunt

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 17:16 - Aug 11 by Jango

Wasn't one of the reasons for Laudrup's sacking his allegedly defeatist attitude to games against the big clubs?

I'm guessing that "pre-season" is the time for fitness and getting the squad together - hence the name like.

Board rightly have the final say on transfers (I suspect they have more input under Monk than Laudrup though) and loan agreements. It helps if you pay attention to the small print like recall dates etc. That's one of the things a chairman gets paid for. Strange, I know.

"Monk wasn't to know that Britton was to get injured" - our only defensive midfielder who'll be 32 in September.

Christ on a f*cking bike.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2014 17:32]
Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 17:46 - Aug 11 with 4655 viewsymaohyd

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:14 - Aug 11 by monmouth

indeed. And the worst type of side that you can play in that situation is a Villareal. Pass it around for fun and make you look (as they succeeded in doing) very poor.

I could accept that. The worst part for me was that with the ball we looked as if we've been caught in a time warp. Goalie kicking out of hand, all the player gathered waiting in a 20 yard area all to one side of the pitch! Pretty triangles nowhere to be seen!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 18:01 - Aug 11 with 4544 viewsymaohyd

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 16:37 - Aug 11 by _

Exactly...

The whole handling of the Spanish exodus has left a very sour taste in my mouth and done nothing for our reputation as a club.

I'm not sure what you expect the club to have done?

If the said players have behaved in a manner that has forced the club to take a stance, then regardless of their nationality that is the issue.

If the Spanish boys have been victimised I agree with you entirely.

Clubs up and down the country will look to get rid of players they deem to have been a bad influence,

Rangel is still at the club, as is Amat. Chico chose to leave. As for Michu, who knows what was going on in his head. Hernandez, a shame.

It's all unfortunate. When a group of players from another country play for a club like the Swans, given that we aren't exactly a huge cosmopolitan metropolis will more than likely form a strong friendship.

If the club has no choice other than to look to get rid of some of those players then it is almost natural for what has happened to happen.

The ones in all of this who have most to answer for are Canas and Pozuelo.

To complicate things further, the manager who brought all but one of those players in has now left!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 18:03 - Aug 11 with 4518 viewsswansealad69

Benjamin Stambouli - new DM? on 15:41 - Aug 11 by TheFranchise

Lol
And that includes there country in 2 wars.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024