Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vorm 14:18 - Aug 24 with 9333 viewsthejack1912

Doesn't even make the Spurs bench

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Vorm on 18:42 - Aug 24 with 2183 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Vorm on 14:46 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

I do too as he seems like a nice lad. Having said that, I thought he was overrated and our weak spot last season and I think he would have been better off not moving to a 'big' club so soon. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but the fans of these clubs are so unforgiving it makes our moaners looks like Laker girls.

We'll probably buy him back for £4 million in January. It's the Spurs way mun

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Vorm on 18:44 - Aug 24 with 2177 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 18:42 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

We'll probably buy him back for £4 million in January. It's the Spurs way mun

I rather hope that we will have in the French bloke or similar by then so won't be in that market.
Vorm on 18:45 - Aug 24 with 2175 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Vorm on 18:44 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

I rather hope that we will have in the French bloke or similar by then so won't be in that market.

Agreed. Never look back (unless it's Leon or Gylfi of course).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Vorm on 18:45 - Aug 24 with 2167 viewsScoobyWho

Vorm on 14:24 - Aug 24 by JethroJack

Doris Mk II.

On more cash to sit on their bench than ours, simple maths, don't blame him.
I'm disappointed he hasn't tweeted a long lost, love you loads tweet to us all though.
How poor is that !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Vorm on 19:48 - Aug 24 with 2095 viewsDafyddHuw

Vorm on 18:45 - Aug 24 by ScoobyWho

On more cash to sit on their bench than ours, simple maths, don't blame him.
I'm disappointed he hasn't tweeted a long lost, love you loads tweet to us all though.
How poor is that !

Ffs. Stop being so precious.
Vorm on 20:09 - Aug 24 with 2065 viewsperchrockjack

ffs precious is the new negative.
No much clichés please ot at least less hackneyed ones

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Vorm on 02:50 - Aug 25 with 1953 viewsJack123

Shame, I think it was too early for him for a move..I don't think he will live up to their expatiations by a long way.. not yet!

libera nos a malo

Vorm on 05:23 - Aug 25 with 1925 viewsGlyn1

Whenever as a teenager I was dumped by a girlfriend (which didn't happen often, obviously ) I used to run her down and think that she wasn't great. And that's OK, it's what kids do. I'm just a bit surprised that we are still doing it as adults.

Vorm and Davies will do absolutely fine for Spurs and we all know that. Good luck to them both, because they both helped us get where we are right now.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Vorm on 05:26 - Aug 25 with 1925 viewsGlyn1

Vorm on 17:15 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

but the thing I never understand is that the money that they all earn with us is more than enough anyway for several lifetimes. If Ben had stayed and become a 'key player' he would be on the best part of £30-£35k per week. He's only 22, he would earn enough, it's not like we're talking about our players signing for a club and earning £50k per week when they've been on £2k is it? None of them ever seem to think longer term than next week's pay packet.

Not much to do with salary - more to do with testing yourself against the best players - he'll never play in the Champions League with Swansea but he has a chance of doing so with Spurs. I don't see anything wrong with him being ambitious to improve himself.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Vorm on 08:19 - Aug 25 with 1851 viewsSwansNZ

Vorm on 05:26 - Aug 25 by Glyn1

Not much to do with salary - more to do with testing yourself against the best players - he'll never play in the Champions League with Swansea but he has a chance of doing so with Spurs. I don't see anything wrong with him being ambitious to improve himself.

How about him continue to try to test himself in the premier league? He had more chance of doing that with us, than at Spurs.

It was all about the money, and possibly just being at a big club, a bit like Sinclair.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Vorm on 10:16 - Aug 25 with 1774 viewsLord_Bony

We had the best of him,I think those injuries have now put him past his prime.

Spurs took one helluva risk there...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Vorm on 10:54 - Aug 25 with 1723 viewsSwansNZ

Vorm on 10:16 - Aug 25 by Lord_Bony

We had the best of him,I think those injuries have now put him past his prime.

Spurs took one helluva risk there...

Not much of a risk, as he was free

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Vorm on 11:24 - Aug 25 with 1686 viewstomdickharry

Vorm will be very,very luck to get a game only perhaps the Europa League.
Vorm on 23:26 - Aug 25 with 1565 viewsAJ101

He'll be our first choice keeper for the cup games, he's not in the squad at the moment because of his late return and then holiday after the World Cup so he's doing individual training.

Davies was poor in our first EL game and Rose was good against QPR, no doubt because they offered nothing offensively so he was free to run down the left with Chadli cutting inside all the time.

I do expect Davies to take the first team spot sooner rather than later, he'll probably play the return EL fixture on Thursday and Rose will start against Liverpool then I expect Pochettino to look at it again.
Vorm on 23:33 - Aug 25 with 1542 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 05:26 - Aug 25 by Glyn1

oh sure, and I recognise that is why Ben will have moved on at the right time, but he is not yet ready to test himself against the best Champions League players (in my opinion). He couldn't yet cope with the best Premier League players - not consistently at least. A few seasons of getting really good at that level and then move - he'd still only be 24 ish and would be in a better position to really make the most of it.
I think they try to run before they can walk and, at that level, if they can't run, they get dropped pretty sharpish and end up like Sinclair - struggling to get a loan out at the level he left.

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with ambition, and I hope he does well (I genuinely don't care about Vorm) but there's ambition and there's lacking the good sense to recognise what is best in the longer term.
Vorm on 23:56 - Aug 25 with 1484 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Vorm on 23:33 - Aug 25 by londonlisa2001

oh sure, and I recognise that is why Ben will have moved on at the right time, but he is not yet ready to test himself against the best Champions League players (in my opinion). He couldn't yet cope with the best Premier League players - not consistently at least. A few seasons of getting really good at that level and then move - he'd still only be 24 ish and would be in a better position to really make the most of it.
I think they try to run before they can walk and, at that level, if they can't run, they get dropped pretty sharpish and end up like Sinclair - struggling to get a loan out at the level he left.

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with ambition, and I hope he does well (I genuinely don't care about Vorm) but there's ambition and there's lacking the good sense to recognise what is best in the longer term.

If he carried on his current form at Swansea though he'd be playing Championship football by the time he turned 24.

There's no guarantee he'd have had another offer from a big club in the future.

For all we know his first season was a fluke and last season is his true level.

There comes a time in a players career where they must decide whether to believe in themselves or not. You didn't see the likes of Ronaldo stay at Lisbon, Messi stay in Argentina as a child, Suarez stay in Uruguay. Even the lesser talented players like Phil Jones grabbed the first opportunity they had gotten. If he'd have stayed at Blackburn and played for them like he has for United he'd likely be playing Championship football now, where as here he is somehow keeping his place in the 18 man squad at Manchester United.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Vorm on 00:05 - Aug 26 with 1467 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 23:56 - Aug 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If he carried on his current form at Swansea though he'd be playing Championship football by the time he turned 24.

There's no guarantee he'd have had another offer from a big club in the future.

For all we know his first season was a fluke and last season is his true level.

There comes a time in a players career where they must decide whether to believe in themselves or not. You didn't see the likes of Ronaldo stay at Lisbon, Messi stay in Argentina as a child, Suarez stay in Uruguay. Even the lesser talented players like Phil Jones grabbed the first opportunity they had gotten. If he'd have stayed at Blackburn and played for them like he has for United he'd likely be playing Championship football now, where as here he is somehow keeping his place in the 18 man squad at Manchester United.

I assume you mean that we would have dropped him and he'd have moved o a lower club?

In which case, I'm not sure about that, but I am certainly one of the few who didn't think he was as good as was generally thought. I thought him a weak link last year, and Taylor was better (defensively at least, which is, after all, the first priority of our defenders). Having said that, Taylor is not back to his pre injury form at the moment.

I take the point that he may never get another chance though, although putting him in the same sentence as Messi or Ronaldo is pushing it !!

By the way - I regard Phil Jones as another utterly overrated player - he's like a lump at the moment - saw him yesterday against Sunderland and thought he was really poor. But maybe the reason that so many don't make it when they leap, is because they leap too soon. If you look at Sinclair, he's going to find it very difficult to ever get back now.
Vorm on 01:02 - Aug 26 with 1428 viewsScoobyWho

Vorm on 19:48 - Aug 24 by DafyddHuw

Ffs. Stop being so precious.

About what ?
Where's your irony button - in the ambulance ?

Vorm on 01:27 - Aug 26 with 1406 viewsDavillin

It saddens me when a Swnsea player who is making a contribution to the team and is well-liked and well-respected by the fans moves on, apparently for the money, and finds his career in Park, and sometimes in Reverse.

We get attached to them, and don't want them to fail, even if its at another club, and even at a club who "stole" him from us.

I know. That's 21st Century football. I know it, but I don't have to like it.

I know where this feeling comes from. I grew up in a world of sports where players tended to stay at their club for long terms, and there was no free agency, and no outrageous transfer fees.

I still remember Phillies and Eagles players from the 50s, even the 40s, and, of course later. Sometimes almost complete lineups. Even of clubs in other cities, amazingly enough.

I wonder who are the real beneficiaries of this new world of sports.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Vorm on 01:42 - Aug 26 with 1392 viewsLiberty

Vorm on 01:27 - Aug 26 by Davillin

It saddens me when a Swnsea player who is making a contribution to the team and is well-liked and well-respected by the fans moves on, apparently for the money, and finds his career in Park, and sometimes in Reverse.

We get attached to them, and don't want them to fail, even if its at another club, and even at a club who "stole" him from us.

I know. That's 21st Century football. I know it, but I don't have to like it.

I know where this feeling comes from. I grew up in a world of sports where players tended to stay at their club for long terms, and there was no free agency, and no outrageous transfer fees.

I still remember Phillies and Eagles players from the 50s, even the 40s, and, of course later. Sometimes almost complete lineups. Even of clubs in other cities, amazingly enough.

I wonder who are the real beneficiaries of this new world of sports.

Hi Dav

why the fascination with Swans, did you used to live here ? How often do you get to watch us play live ? Why are we more interesting than things / sport more local to you ?

cheers

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Vorm on 09:46 - Aug 26 with 1294 viewsjacksinceever

Vorm on 14:34 - Aug 24 by Rancid

He didn't Tweet a goodbye and thank you message to us so phuck him.

FFS grow up. Didn't you get the personal message from him direct to your email box saying bye and thanks for all your support? T**t
Vorm on 09:58 - Aug 26 with 1280 viewsperchrockjack

Lib.

If that s a dig, then include all the many exiles all over the world who tune in at all hours to keep in touch when all you have to do is roll up .

I wonder why anyone not a jack bothers with us at all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Vorm on 10:00 - Aug 26 with 1275 viewsRancid

@ jackforever - You thick phuck.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 10:33]
Vorm on 10:51 - Aug 26 with 1226 viewsScoobyWho

Vorm on 09:46 - Aug 26 by jacksinceever

FFS grow up. Didn't you get the personal message from him direct to your email box saying bye and thanks for all your support? T**t

I think somehow Rancid Lars is being what is called ' tongue in cheek'
I tried it too, lost on the dumbest.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 10:53]

Vorm on 10:59 - Aug 26 with 1216 viewsRancid

Vorm on 10:51 - Aug 26 by ScoobyWho

I think somehow Rancid Lars is being what is called ' tongue in cheek'
I tried it too, lost on the dumbest.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2014 10:53]

He does it quite often.Either I need to drop the shit humour or he needs to think outside the box once in a while.Or both maybe ha.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024