Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32562 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 09:26 - Dec 19 with 1323 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:24 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Then a fool and his money is soon parted.

Would you walk then much cheaper than the bus and remember a fool and his cash is soon parted.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 09:28 - Dec 19 with 1318 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:26 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Would you walk then much cheaper than the bus and remember a fool and his cash is soon parted.

No because i wouldn't make it.

Feel free to be sensible at any time now.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 09:28 - Dec 19 with 1314 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:25 - Dec 19 by _

And when you say the international nature of the gig, is this the same Leigh Dineen who could barely drag his sorry ass to London because of his family commitments?

That's an entirely different argument. Let's stick to this issue of expenses considering that's the topic you created.

I know he was in Mumbai this week (am sure he was back in time for Sunday though ). I know that has travelled to Korea as he tweeted enough about it. Both pretty long distances and not exactly cheap flights. Name me one job where you'd ever have to pay that out of your own pocket without reimbursement? Wouldn't happen. If you got sent on a trip with your job would you have to pay it out of your own pocket?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This is awful from the club on 09:28 - Dec 19 with 1313 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:18 - Dec 19 by _

You're not still believing that bollocks are you? Jesus Christ you must be the only one who is.

Please as tell more I'm very interested.

This is awful from the club on 09:30 - Dec 19 with 1302 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:26 - Dec 19 by Parlay

No one person or enterprise.. It is a club made up of shareholders, each share holder owns a part. The larger the stake the larger the part.

So you mean the directors then lol

This is awful from the club on 09:30 - Dec 19 with 1302 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:28 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Please as tell more I'm very interested.

I believe T2C is referring to the fact, clearly stated in the annual accounts, that salaries have been paid to at least two directors for some considerable time. Personally, I have no issue with that, although the mechanism for appointing said directors is always something that is worthy of analysis.

This is awful from the club on 09:31 - Dec 19 with 1298 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:30 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Shareholders <> Directors. They may be the same people in some cases, but some shareholders are not directors, and vice versa.

This is awful from the club on 09:31 - Dec 19 with 1297 views_

This is awful from the club on 09:23 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

In my job I claim expenses when travelling abroad on business trips. There was a time I had to book the flights and hotel myself, and seek reimbursement. You won't find anyone that isn't. It's pretty standard practice. You expect him to travel to the likes of Korea on his own coin? That's pretty unrealistic.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 9:24]

Haha I'd expect the club to pay his tickets And, and I don't believe for one minute he's doing all that and then claiming it back.

£90k plus pays for an awful lot of hotels and flights.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 09:33 - Dec 19 with 1289 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:31 - Dec 19 by _

Haha I'd expect the club to pay his tickets And, and I don't believe for one minute he's doing all that and then claiming it back.

It would depend on the nature of his employment I guess. A contractor friend of mine would indeed invoice through his business. As a salaried employee I am reimbursed through the payroll.

Like I say, I don't know the details, but it's plausible enough IMO.

This is awful from the club on 09:35 - Dec 19 with 1285 views_

This is awful from the club on 09:28 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

That's an entirely different argument. Let's stick to this issue of expenses considering that's the topic you created.

I know he was in Mumbai this week (am sure he was back in time for Sunday though ). I know that has travelled to Korea as he tweeted enough about it. Both pretty long distances and not exactly cheap flights. Name me one job where you'd ever have to pay that out of your own pocket without reimbursement? Wouldn't happen. If you got sent on a trip with your job would you have to pay it out of your own pocket?

No, no, you created the expenses part.

You don't know this either you've just guessed.

So ok, we know of one trip to Mumbai and one trip to Korea and then we're assuming of course that Leigh went off and booked these flights and hotels from his own pocket. Did Lee Trundle have to do the same bless him?

I have heard he is invoicing the club for consultancy fees, have you heard the same?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

This is awful from the club on 09:37 - Dec 19 with 1278 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:35 - Dec 19 by _

So ok, we know of one trip to Mumbai and one trip to Korea and then we're assuming of course that Leigh went off and booked these flights and hotels from his own pocket. Did Lee Trundle have to do the same bless him?

I have heard he is invoicing the club for consultancy fees, have you heard the same?

No I hadn't. And I would find that contradictory to his remuneration as commercial director.

This is awful from the club on 09:39 - Dec 19 with 1269 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:30 - Dec 19 by dgt73

What do you mean "the directors"? They arent the same people. "The directors" are not a company. If i own 10% of a company I do not own the company, shareholders aren't necessarily directors.

Again you seem to be losing whatever point you had initially.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 9:40]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:41 - Dec 19 with 1255 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:31 - Dec 19 by _

The club would have booked flights and hotel, probably business class and 5 star hotel and that's what it should be.

This is awful from the club on 09:42 - Dec 19 with 1246 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:28 - Dec 19 by Parlay

No because i wouldn't make it.

Feel free to be sensible at any time now.

It's not about time (it's about the cheapest way) other wise you wouldn't use the bus.

This is awful from the club on 09:45 - Dec 19 with 1237 viewsUxbridge

This is awful from the club on 09:41 - Dec 19 by dgt73

The club would have booked flights and hotel, probably business class and 5 star hotel and that's what it should be.

Why?

This is awful from the club on 09:45 - Dec 19 with 1233 views_

That's what I've said...

This is awful from the club on 09:46 - Dec 19 with 1229 views_

That's what I've said...

So why are we paying him on top of that??

This is awful from the club on 09:47 - Dec 19 with 1227 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:39 - Dec 19 by Parlay

What do you mean "the directors"? They arent the same people. "The directors" are not a company. If i own 10% of a company I do not own the company, shareholders aren't necessarily directors.

Again you seem to be losing whatever point you had initially.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 9:40]

Martin Morgan sir Huw and a few others are directors oh and they own the club and shock and horror they now make some decent money out of the club. I wonder if Bill Gates ever made any money out of Microsoft.

This is awful from the club on 09:49 - Dec 19 with 1219 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:45 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

Why?

Why ? Because if i was a director of a multi million £ business it's what I'd expect.

This is awful from the club on 09:50 - Dec 19 with 1218 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:42 - Dec 19 by dgt73

It's not about time (it's about the cheapest way) other wise you wouldn't use the bus.

Im not talking about time. Im talking about physicality.

Like i said, feel free to be sensible at any time now.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:50 - Dec 19 with 1216 views_

This is awful from the club on 09:47 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Martin Morgan sir Huw and a few others are directors oh and they own the club and shock and horror they now make some decent money out of the club. I wonder if Bill Gates ever made any money out of Microsoft.

They are shareholders in the club FFS. Are you a bit slow or something? They actually own less than a third of it and have made their initial investment back maybe tenfold over...

This is awful from the club on 09:51 - Dec 19 with 1211 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 09:47 - Dec 19 by dgt73

They are shareholders, they do not own the club. I cant make it any simpler for you.

Do you come out in hives if you concede you are wrong or something?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 09:51 - Dec 19 with 1208 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 09:35 - Dec 19 by _

I've also heard he wears green pants but i have no evidence to back this rumour up.

This is awful from the club on 09:55 - Dec 19 with 1196 viewsNeath_Jack

dgt has fully mugged himself off in this thread in fairness.

Shame it's been hijacked as this would have been another tidy thread.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This is awful from the club on 09:55 - Dec 19 with 1195 views_

This is awful from the club on 09:51 - Dec 19 by dgt73

I've also heard he wears green pants but i have no evidence to back this rumour up.

I wouldn't believe that the way you're coming across mate, you probably bought them for him and insists he wears them for you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024