Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Improvements around the Liberty 10:06 - Jan 23 with 6342 viewsPlazex

Member of my family was talking to one of the directors of the club the other day. When they buy the stadium;
1). Spectators will scan their own ticket, like in Wembley to save time at the turnstiles, also them up the road have it.
2). Possibly the biggest improvement-There WILL be a 6,000 seat extension above the East Stand. The supporters in the extension will have a separate entry to the lower tier supporters.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Improvements around the Liberty on 10:11 - Jan 23 with 5413 viewsCatullus

Both of these were obvious.

1, It'll save time and money. It might be a drop in our financial ocean, but every little helps.

2, Another 6000 people could not safely use the current exits. There has to be a new entry/exit route.
And with that, there has to be changes made to the roads (footbridges or an underpass) to ensure pedestrian safety. Another 6000 crossing those roads, it'll be a nightmare.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Improvements around the Liberty on 10:15 - Jan 23 with 5392 viewsDafyddHuw

Wonder if they'll provide traffic control after matches, particularly around the Coopers & Morrisons exit, cos the police do absolutely feck all except stand around and chat.
Improvements around the Liberty on 10:20 - Jan 23 with 5372 viewsPegojack

Improvements around the Liberty on 10:11 - Jan 23 by Catullus

Both of these were obvious.

1, It'll save time and money. It might be a drop in our financial ocean, but every little helps.

2, Another 6000 people could not safely use the current exits. There has to be a new entry/exit route.
And with that, there has to be changes made to the roads (footbridges or an underpass) to ensure pedestrian safety. Another 6000 crossing those roads, it'll be a nightmare.

I hope they'll put some extra toilets in too, or we'll be back to yellow rivers running down the stands at half time.....
Improvements around the Liberty on 10:22 - Jan 23 with 5365 viewsCatullus

Improvements around the Liberty on 10:20 - Jan 23 by Pegojack

I hope they'll put some extra toilets in too, or we'll be back to yellow rivers running down the stands at half time.....

Yeah, an extra tier will need it's own toilets as well as a bar and food outlets. The current set up barely copes now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Improvements around the Liberty on 10:23 - Jan 23 with 5356 viewsPlazex

KInowing that they would end up making you p!ss into a tube that goes into the tawe!

Poll: Where will we finish?

Improvements around the Liberty on 11:15 - Jan 23 with 5211 viewsStarsky

How did we all manage to park and turn up at the Vetch?

It's just the internet, init.

Improvements around the Liberty on 11:25 - Jan 23 with 5157 viewsItchySphincter

I won't believe it until you provide evidence from the webcam.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Improvements around the Liberty on 11:28 - Jan 23 with 5146 viewsPegojack

Improvements around the Liberty on 11:15 - Jan 23 by Starsky

How did we all manage to park and turn up at the Vetch?

Me and my mates used to park outside the Queens, nip inside for a superb home cooked lunch and several sherbets, then walk along the side of the Marina, across Oystermouth Road, a short hop up Clarence Terrace, and there was the East Terrace entrance.

I do miss those days.
Login to get fewer ads

Improvements around the Liberty on 11:35 - Jan 23 with 5128 viewsgetcarter

It makes you wonder why England chose Wembley, it took us hours to get to and from. I know they do not care if it takes another half hour to leave, it means you can spend more.
Improvements around the Liberty on 12:30 - Jan 23 with 4991 viewsLeonisGod

1) won't make any difference - they'll still need a person on each gate to sort out problems.

2) that was always the intention as part of a phased expansion. The question people want answered is 'when?'
Improvements around the Liberty on 12:33 - Jan 23 with 4976 viewsperchrockjack

dafydd
Another anti police post..

They aint that bad

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Improvements around the Liberty on 13:01 - Jan 23 with 4901 viewsJBT95

Improvements around the Liberty on 11:35 - Jan 23 by getcarter

It makes you wonder why England chose Wembley, it took us hours to get to and from. I know they do not care if it takes another half hour to leave, it means you can spend more.

What do you mean?

If you mean originally picked the site for the 1923 built stadium it's to do with the British Empire Exhibition that was held there and it's reason for being built.
Improvements around the Liberty on 13:44 - Jan 23 with 4789 viewsApeShit

Improvements around the Liberty on 11:35 - Jan 23 by getcarter

Yea they should of built Wembley where Felindre park and ride is, wouldn't of taken that long to get to then.
Improvements around the Liberty on 16:18 - Jan 23 with 4587 viewsDyfnant

A good portion of any expansion seats will be sold as hospitality, I reckon around the 2000 mark

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Improvements around the Liberty on 16:36 - Jan 23 with 4524 viewsClinton

There'll be riots on here If they dont upgrade the path in the North East corner around where the away coaches park

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Improvements around the Liberty on 16:41 - Jan 23 with 4507 viewsFuggie

Improvements around the Liberty on 16:18 - Jan 23 by Dyfnant

A good portion of any expansion seats will be sold as hospitality, I reckon around the 2000 mark

If Hospitality boxes then it will be similar to the West Stand ie about 20 boxes with 10-12 in each. Cannot imagine the Premier Club will expand across to there as well.

If I remember rightly there was an email/survey sent by the club a couple of years ago enquiring into the interest for 5 year season ticket holders. It is a strong possibility that a large chunk of the expansion might relate to this in addition to the hospitality boxes.
Improvements around the Liberty on 18:18 - Jan 23 with 4304 viewsDyfnant

Improvements around the Liberty on 16:41 - Jan 23 by Fuggie

If Hospitality boxes then it will be similar to the West Stand ie about 20 boxes with 10-12 in each. Cannot imagine the Premier Club will expand across to there as well.

If I remember rightly there was an email/survey sent by the club a couple of years ago enquiring into the interest for 5 year season ticket holders. It is a strong possibility that a large chunk of the expansion might relate to this in addition to the hospitality boxes.

Can't see the club missing out on the sort of hospitality packages they offer in west stand, 3 course meal, coffee, program and ordinary seat for around £100 a head. That's where the real money is, not new season tickets or walk up tickets

Improvements around the Liberty on 18:26 - Jan 23 with 4279 viewsblueytheblue

Improvements around the Liberty on 12:30 - Jan 23 by LeonisGod

1) won't make any difference - they'll still need a person on each gate to sort out problems.

2) that was always the intention as part of a phased expansion. The question people want answered is 'when?'

There wouldn't be one steward per turnstile; for us it's a couple for what 6-7 turnstiles within an area. 99% of tickets are fine - stewards involvement for us is checking bags, using wireless technology to check ticket statuses where the odd problem occurs and also dealing with issues where someone tries sneaking in on someone else's concession card.

It's a lot quicker than the old system. I lost my ST card ( only to find it three weeks later ) - yes had to pay for a replacement but it was printed straightaway at the ground with no problems.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Improvements around the Liberty on 18:35 - Jan 23 with 4240 viewsScoobyWho

Improvements around the Liberty on 10:15 - Jan 23 by DafyddHuw

Wonder if they'll provide traffic control after matches, particularly around the Coopers & Morrisons exit, cos the police do absolutely feck all except stand around and chat.

What could they do ?

Assist with the queues at half time by serving bovril?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Improvements around the Liberty on 19:35 - Jan 23 with 4125 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Was it just our turnstile (22) that the scanner wasn't working last Saturday or was it all of them.

Just waved the season ticket at the bloke - very quick, no queue, so much better.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Improvements around the Liberty on 19:40 - Jan 23 with 4100 viewsJackfath

Improvements around the Liberty on 19:35 - Jan 23 by Joe_bradshaw

Was it just our turnstile (22) that the scanner wasn't working last Saturday or was it all of them.

Just waved the season ticket at the bloke - very quick, no queue, so much better.

They didn't scan mine either come to think of it. He looked at it and said "go on mate" I said "thanks!" and went on my way.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Improvements around the Liberty on 20:14 - Jan 23 with 3989 viewsDafyddHuw

Improvements around the Liberty on 12:33 - Jan 23 by perchrockjack

dafydd
Another anti police post..

They aint that bad

Sorry Perch. Wasn't meant to be anti-police (although it is annoying when they're just standing there when there's obvious traffic problems that they could help out with.

More of a go at the lack of organisation at the club regarding outside-the-stadium problems. Almost all Prem clubs have stewards to get traffic away from stadiums, especially from official car parks like there is by Morrisons.
Improvements around the Liberty on 20:48 - Jan 23 with 3902 viewsDyfnant

Improvements around the Liberty on 20:14 - Jan 23 by DafyddHuw

Sorry Perch. Wasn't meant to be anti-police (although it is annoying when they're just standing there when there's obvious traffic problems that they could help out with.

More of a go at the lack of organisation at the club regarding outside-the-stadium problems. Almost all Prem clubs have stewards to get traffic away from stadiums, especially from official car parks like there is by Morrisons.

Outside is nothing to do with the club

Improvements around the Liberty on 01:56 - Jan 24 with 3710 viewskopperburgjack

All I can say is by putting another stand on the east stand will destroy the atmosphere generated from the north-east corner, and so will probably have an affect on the whole stadiums atmosphere. The liberty will never be the same again, watch this space

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Improvements around the Liberty on 07:53 - Jan 24 with 3613 viewsbuilthjack

Improvements around the Liberty on 01:56 - Jan 24 by kopperburgjack

All I can say is by putting another stand on the east stand will destroy the atmosphere generated from the north-east corner, and so will probably have an affect on the whole stadiums atmosphere. The liberty will never be the same again, watch this space

It could be even louder though

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024