Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings - Why not? 01:03 - Feb 9 with 3465 viewsMorSwan

It may seem a little silly to suggest but... why don't we go for him? I know Liverpool and Sociedad are interested but realistically he wouldn't go in ahead of Sturridge at Liverpool and I doubt he'd want to move away from the Premier League.

His wages won't be high at Burnley, probably no more than £15k considering he hasn't signed a new contact since they've been in the Prem so if we offered £40-50k a week given he'd sign on a bosman so we could risk it? Did that for Gomis and even paid him £3m to join and look how bad he is? Monk has literally been pressured in to playing him because of the guys ego and he isn't repaying the favour.

Who agrees?

Poll: What striker would you want?

Danny Ings - Why not? on 01:59 - Feb 9 with 3441 viewsJethroJack

Ings isn't a bad shout.
But to say GM has been pressured into playing Gomis is bollox.
Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:10 - Feb 9 with 3436 viewsMorSwan

Danny Ings - Why not? on 01:59 - Feb 9 by JethroJack

Ings isn't a bad shout.
But to say GM has been pressured into playing Gomis is bollox.

We'll see at West Brom because if he's in ahead of Oliveira then he's definitely not in there on form. I would love to see Oliveira in ahead of him.

Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:47 - Feb 9 with 3412 viewsJethroJack

Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:10 - Feb 9 by MorSwan

We'll see at West Brom because if he's in ahead of Oliveira then he's definitely not in there on form. I would love to see Oliveira in ahead of him.

GM gets accused of picking his "mates" & now of being pressured into picking Gomis. Maybe that's why "mate" Leon finds himself down the DM pecking order now we have Ki back & signed Cork & also have Carrol & Fulton ahead of him. In Bafe's case, Oliveira is the only other option, so its hardly a case that GM is being pressured to play him because of his ego, as was suggested above.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2015 2:49]
Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:49 - Feb 9 with 3403 viewsParlay

Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:10 - Feb 9 by MorSwan

But Oliviera isn't ours. Id much prefer bed someone in than play somebody else's player. Bony didn't hit the ground running either and Bafe has far much mire proven pedigree than Oliviera.

If Bafe is in Garry's long terms plans then the smart move is to keep playing him, ive been frustrated with Monk over the last few weeks and months but we cant lay that at his door. To play Bafe is the right call.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:55 - Feb 9 with 3401 viewsMorSwan

Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:49 - Feb 9 by Parlay

But Oliviera isn't ours. Id much prefer bed someone in than play somebody else's player. Bony didn't hit the ground running either and Bafe has far much mire proven pedigree than Oliviera.

If Bafe is in Garry's long terms plans then the smart move is to keep playing him, ive been frustrated with Monk over the last few weeks and months but we cant lay that at his door. To play Bafe is the right call.

Yeah I agree, but I just can't stand him. I'd be really worried if Gomis is leading our line for years to come.

Danny Ings - Why not? on 07:06 - Feb 9 with 3318 viewskarnataka

Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:55 - Feb 9 by MorSwan

Yeah I agree, but I just can't stand him. I'd be really worried if Gomis is leading our line for years to come.

If Gomis is leading our line for years to come it'll only be because he's been consistently banging the goals in surely?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2015 7:08]
Danny Ings - Why not? on 07:24 - Feb 9 with 3290 viewsApeShit

We won't have a change of signing Danny Ings.
Danny Ings - Why not? on 09:27 - Feb 9 with 3146 viewstomdickharry

Danny Ings - Why not? on 07:24 - Feb 9 by ApeShit

100% correct,spot them before they become so called stars,I suggested some time ago that we sign Callum Wilson of then Coventry as one for the future, still a bit raw at Bournemouth but has scored 17 this season,just watch if they get promoted he will turn out to be a very very good striker.
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings - Why not? on 09:31 - Feb 9 with 3136 viewsOldjack

If Burnley sell him they go down ,it's not gonna happen any time soon

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Danny Ings - Why not? on 09:50 - Feb 9 with 3108 viewsQuakerJack

I understand the concept Parlay but I don't see Gomis as a long term fixture for us. He's pushing 30 as it is, he's not playing well, not scoring goals and after everything that's been said the last few months I don't give a damn about developing him because if he hits any kind of form we all know he'll start again pushing for a big move.

Oliveira is 23... if he comes in and starts scoring then that's good for the team, it also means we could look at a permanent move if we think he's that good or at least a year's loan.... we had De Guzman in the team regularly remember.

If not him then Gorre.... or my 1 year old niece.... anyone but that mercenary.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Danny Ings - Why not? (n/t) on 09:53 - Feb 9 with 3103 viewsAmy

Danny Ings - Why not? on 09:31 - Feb 9 by Oldjack

[Post edited 9 Feb 2015 9:57]
Danny Ings - Why not? on 09:55 - Feb 9 with 3097 viewsjackonicko

Danny Ings - Why not? on 02:55 - Feb 9 by MorSwan

If he knocks a few goals in, you'll soon forget all about it.

Didn't take us long to get over Leon leaving for more money.
Danny Ings - Why not? on 10:35 - Feb 9 with 3015 viewseddie71

Ings will go to Liverpool.
Danny Ings - Why not? on 10:39 - Feb 9 with 3011 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis shouldn't be in the clubs long term plans, he is trouble.
He was trouble in France and he is trouble here.

Fck him off.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Danny Ings - Why not? on 10:50 - Feb 9 with 2996 viewsmonmouth

I wondered when Leon would be mentioned, unless I've missed a thread, but yeah, anyone who thinks Monk picks his mates needs to have a little look at that situation. It's surprised me to be honest, but something's gone sour there maybe. Monk said very clearly in the press conference when asked, 'Leon is fit'. But he's not in the team and he's not on the bench - Fulton is cover for Cork. Thanks for the memories Leon?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Danny Ings - Why not? on 11:41 - Feb 9 with 2954 viewsLeonisGod

Danny Ings - Why not? on 10:35 - Feb 9 by eddie71

Ings will go to Liverpool.

Hasn't he already signed a pre-contract arrangement with them? There was paper talk about it, although I don't know whether it was ever confirmed.

We've a snowball in hell's chance of signing him if teams like that are interested.
Danny Ings - Why not? on 16:54 - Feb 9 with 2807 viewsHuw57

You do realize even if/when Ings signs for someone on a bosman Burnley could claim around 5Mish in compensation.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Danny Ings - Why not? on 17:45 - Feb 9 with 2742 viewsItchySphincter

Danny Ings - Why not? on 07:24 - Feb 9 by ApeShit

You are right.

He's average and overpriced and someone like Liverpool will buy him, chew him up and spit him out.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Danny Ings - Why not? on 18:22 - Feb 9 with 2711 viewshobo

Danny Ings - Why not? on 16:54 - Feb 9 by Huw57

You do realize even if/when Ings signs for someone on a bosman Burnley could claim around 5Mish in compensation.

Bargain. Let's snap him up on a pre-contract now
Danny Ings - Why not? on 18:42 - Feb 9 with 2673 viewsmax936

Danny Ings - Why not? on 09:31 - Feb 9 by Oldjack

Well nobody can sign him now Alan the windows closed mun.

Would be a great signing for us in the summer though, but I think we'd be out priced for him, think we'll have to look elsewhere, Im still hoping Gomis will step up though, think he still needs a few more games, the effort is there though, so the signs are good.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2015 18:44]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Danny Ings - Why not? on 19:44 - Feb 9 with 2610 viewsAJ101

Danny Ings - Why not? on 11:41 - Feb 9 by LeonisGod

Hasn't he already signed a pre-contract arrangement with them? There was paper talk about it, although I don't know whether it was ever confirmed.

We've a snowball in hell's chance of signing him if teams like that are interested.

They would have to agree a fee with Burnley before agreeing a pre-contract which seems unlikely as I imagine Burnley will want Ings focussed on their games not contract talks with Liverpool. Only foreign clubs can bypass Burnley and talk to him now and no that doesn't mean Swansea!

Compensation will probably be ~£4m (including plenty of add-ons) or so based on previous cases but it's a bit of a guess as there's no set formula but as he's only played one season in the PL I don't think there's any way Burnley are going to get the £5.5m they say they'd want, if I was the "buying" club I'd let it go to a tribunal before stumping up over £4m.

I can see quite a few clubs going. Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton, Everton and even Man City(considering their need for home grown players) from what I've heard from he's a pretty mature level headed guy so I'd expect him to go somewhere he's going to get plenty of game time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024