Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One For The Oldies 22:07 - Feb 13 with 18618 viewsbonymine

Remember the old half time scoreboard at the Vetch at the East Bank end ?

A guy on a ladder putting up boards with the scores on and looking in the match programme for the corresponding match ABCDE etc .............

Also, anyone remember the Sheff Wednesday game at the Vetch when Wednesday fans were 'banned' from away games but then hundreds appeared from nowhere in the Double Decker singing all game our stewards were clueless but all harmless fun ............great times !!!!!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

One For The Oldies on 21:24 - Oct 29 with 577 viewsvetchonian

night games walking up the North bank tunnel from the dark into the floodlights arena and the smell of the pitch

moving to a soulless concrete bowl as we did (though necessary) has taken away a lot of the magic including knowing you could always turn up and be by your mates even without a season ticket......some great memories from the old girl....the Chesterfield game,that night against Spurs,Antes tackle gettingnhom sent off in the Welsh cup and then home lifting the trophy....that day in Augst 1981 v Leeds....on a par with the semi final second leg at the Liberty v Chelsae and the play off semi v Forest.....miss the Vetch .....things were so much simpler then

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

One For The Oldies on 21:25 - Oct 29 with 571 viewsonehunglow

One For The Oldies on 21:24 - Oct 29 by vetchonian

night games walking up the North bank tunnel from the dark into the floodlights arena and the smell of the pitch

moving to a soulless concrete bowl as we did (though necessary) has taken away a lot of the magic including knowing you could always turn up and be by your mates even without a season ticket......some great memories from the old girl....the Chesterfield game,that night against Spurs,Antes tackle gettingnhom sent off in the Welsh cup and then home lifting the trophy....that day in Augst 1981 v Leeds....on a par with the semi final second leg at the Liberty v Chelsae and the play off semi v Forest.....miss the Vetch .....things were so much simpler then

ThecVetch ended up a pits

The new stadium saw us move forward

Hiraeth os overrated

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

One For The Oldies on 21:47 - Oct 29 with 534 viewsploppy

One For The Oldies on 21:21 - Oct 29 by swan65split

Which entrance? left ot right?

I was a cigar smoker....lets see if it was me.

Left. The "scoreboard" side.
One For The Oldies on 23:01 - Oct 29 with 512 viewstrampie

I pressed the 'abuse' button then in error - me bad , I used to like the halftime scoreboard, did all clubs have them ? I know from TV lots of them did.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

One For The Oldies on 23:37 - Oct 29 with 486 viewshowenjack

One For The Oldies on 00:10 - Feb 14 by marchamjack

do you remember that photo of Fiona Richmond in the players bath with Malcolm Allison when he was Palace manager after the Chelsea cup game, him with a massive cigar (this is not a euphamism...)

she was nice

I met her once at a book signing Newport I think it was.
One For The Oldies on 23:42 - Oct 29 with 468 viewsRobbie

Broken glass bottles cemented into the top of the grounds walls , do not think that would be an accepted Health and Safety requirement these days .

Back in 1969 as a 12 year old , always felt safe on the North Bank , bus home from the now Wilkinsons , then Swansea Bus Garage , with a whole new vocabulary of swear words to tell my mother what I had heard , she still let me attend Swans games though .
One For The Oldies on 01:14 - Oct 30 with 433 viewsswan65split

One For The Oldies on 21:47 - Oct 29 by ploppy

Left. The "scoreboard" side.

You got me, My son and I were always behind the wall of that entrance.....I cannot lie, it was me Le clerc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024