Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whisper it, but... 23:50 - Aug 30 with 7661 viewsalibaba

On MOTD2, Kilbane said,"Swansea look like a top 4 side"

But do you think we could challenge for top 4 this season? If we're lucky with injuries, I do think we could finish in Europen places but top 4 would be too far.
Whisper it, but... on 23:52 - Aug 30 with 5303 viewsjasper_T

Depends how bad the usual lot keep playing.
Whisper it, but... on 23:52 - Aug 30 with 5302 viewsairedale

After Xmas is a good time to talk about that.
Whisper it, but... on 23:53 - Aug 30 with 5300 viewsjack247

No. Although our squad is stronger than it has probably ever been.

If it was like the old days where teams played more or less the same starting eleven every week, then we would have an outside chance. The strength in depth the bigger clubs have is a massive advantage for them. I'm confident we can challenge for Europe though.
Whisper it, but... on 23:58 - Aug 30 with 5262 viewssherpajacob

I reckon we can overtake palace and Leicester.

I expect arsenal will put a decent run together, so unless injuries, suspensions or the usual refereeing decisions go against us.

Why not aim for top 4.

Most of premier league is looking distinctly average this season.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Whisper it, but... on 23:59 - Aug 30 with 5238 viewsSwansNZ

With the “small” teams knocking over the “big” teams as they have been doing, you never know.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Whisper it, but... on 00:00 - Aug 31 with 5216 viewsSwansNZ

Whisper it, but... on 23:58 - Aug 30 by sherpajacob

I reckon we can overtake palace and Leicester.

I expect arsenal will put a decent run together, so unless injuries, suspensions or the usual refereeing decisions go against us.

Why not aim for top 4.

Most of premier league is looking distinctly average this season.

Chelsea are looking crap, but you’d have to say they will get their act together. Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs don’t look that good.

Whisper it, but... on 00:08 - Aug 31 with 5182 viewsjack247

Whisper it, but... on 00:00 - Aug 31 by SwansNZ

Chelsea are looking crap, but you’d have to say they will get their act together. Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs don’t look that good.

Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United. Not necessarily in that order, but it will take a monumental balls up from one of them and a blinder of a season from anyone else, for that not to be the top 4. Having 20-25 quality players always makes a difference over the course of a season.

We can certainly compete with the likes of Everton and Southampton. I don't think there is a lot between us and Liverpool or Tottenham at the moment. I would probably say our starting eleven is better than either of theirs.
Whisper it, but... on 00:20 - Aug 31 with 5102 viewsDrizzy

Whisper it, but... on 00:08 - Aug 31 by jack247

Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United. Not necessarily in that order, but it will take a monumental balls up from one of them and a blinder of a season from anyone else, for that not to be the top 4. Having 20-25 quality players always makes a difference over the course of a season.

We can certainly compete with the likes of Everton and Southampton. I don't think there is a lot between us and Liverpool or Tottenham at the moment. I would probably say our starting eleven is better than either of theirs.

Let's not get carried away. Top 4 is never going to happen I'm afraid. There's nowt stopping us from finishing 6th though, Spurs look average this season.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Login to get fewer ads

Whisper it, but... on 00:22 - Aug 31 with 5088 viewsjack247

Whisper it, but... on 00:20 - Aug 31 by Drizzy

Let's not get carried away. Top 4 is never going to happen I'm afraid. There's nowt stopping us from finishing 6th though, Spurs look average this season.

Did you mean to quote my post? That is pretty much what I said
Whisper it, but... on 00:23 - Aug 31 with 5070 viewsDrizzy

Whisper it, but... on 00:22 - Aug 31 by jack247

Did you mean to quote my post? That is pretty much what I said

My mistake didn't mean to quote you. Do agree with what you said though.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Whisper it, but... on 00:25 - Aug 31 with 5062 viewsSwansNZ

Whisper it, but... on 00:20 - Aug 31 by Drizzy

“Top 4 is never going to happen I'm afraid” — I’m not saying we will, or another team outside the traditional big 6, but never say never. As I’ve said, Utd, Liverpool and Spurs look average. So, the “possibility” of another team taking 4th spot is there. Newcastle gave it a good go a few seasons back, with Ba and Cisse firing in a sh1tful of goals.

Whisper it, but... on 00:28 - Aug 31 with 5051 viewsMarryGonk

A few years off yet I think.

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Whisper it, but... on 00:29 - Aug 31 with 5043 viewsHighjack

Pffft we are far too good to be just settling for a top 4 place.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Whisper it, but... on 00:33 - Aug 31 with 5022 viewsSS2013

Southampton , Everton, Spurs, Liverpool and maybe even palace will be fighting for 5-9th. 4th will never happen, buts let's give 5th or 6th a real good shot !

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Whisper it, but... on 01:14 - Aug 31 with 4901 viewsJacandme

WTF is all this "4th will never happen" rubbish about?

This is Swansea City, we do not know what "will never happen" is. Surely its far more of an amazing feat to go from 92nd in the football league structure to 8th - than 8th to 4th with a much better side? How quickly we forget.

If we took the "it will never happen" attitude then we would not be here in the first place and would still be prattling around the likes of Mansfield and Leyton Orient every weekend. Of all the fans to take that attitude, then Swanseas fans should be the last on that list considering the miricle that goes on at our club season upon season.

We look as good a side as anybody outside Man City and have the star players to back it up. Its about time our own fans started looking beyond the traditionally modest team name - and start believing in us as much as the players seem to. We owe them that much.
Whisper it, but... on 02:14 - Aug 31 with 4796 viewsskippyjack

Top 4 is a stretch.. to compete against Everton, Liverpool, Spurs.. it depends... let's look at squads and starting XIs

Lloris

Walker..Vertonghen..Alderweireld..Rose

Bentaleb..Dembele

Lamela..Eriksen..Chadli

Kane

Vorm

Trippier..Fazio..Dier/Wimmer..Davies

Mason..Carroll

Townsend..Alli..Njie

Heung-min

Mignolet

Clyne..Skrtel..Lovren..Moreno

Can..Lucas..Milner

Coutinho..Benteke..Firmino

Bogdan

Flanagan..Sakho..Toure..Gomez

Henderson..Allen

Lallana

Ings..Sturridge..Origi/Ibe

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Whisper it, but... on 02:37 - Aug 31 with 4754 viewsskippyjack

Top 4 is a stretch.. to compete against Everton, Liverpool, Spurs.. it depends... let's look at squads and starting XIs

Lloris

Walker..Vertonghen..Alderweireld..Rose

Bentaleb..Dembele

Lamela..Eriksen..Chadli

Kane

Vorm

Trippier..Fazio..Dier/Wimmer..Davies

Mason..Carroll

Townsend..Alli..Njie

Heung-min

Mignolet

Clyne..Skrtel..Lovren..Moreno

Can..Lucas..Milner

Coutinho..Benteke..Firmino

Bogdan

Flanagan..Sakho..Toure..Gomez

Henderson..Allen

Lallana

Ings..Sturridge..Origi/Ibe

Howard

Coleman..Stones..Jagielka..Baines

Barry..McCarthy

Naismith..Barkley..Deulofeu

Lukaku

Robles

Hibbert..Holgate..Galloway..Oviedo

Besic..Osman

Mcgeady..Cleverly..Pienarr/Mirallas

Kone

Now compare with ours..

Fabianski

Naughton..Fernández..Williams..Taylor

Cork..Shelvey

Ayew..Sigurdsson..Montero

Gomis

Nordfeldt

Rangel..Amat..Bartley..Tabanou

Britton..Ki

Dyer..Emnes..Routledge

Eder

I think we're close.. Evertons defensive depth is woeful.. if Martinez loses Stones and fails to strengthen..

Spurs midfield depth isn't the greatest..

Liverpool look the strongest.. but that back four depth has calamity and inexperience in it..

As for us.. our depth weak spots are CBs and AM.. It depends on how them teams click.. Europe will disgruntle Spurs and Liverpool down the line..

I wouldn't fear them 3.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Whisper it, but... on 02:44 - Aug 31 with 4741 viewsSwansNZ

“our depth weak spots are CBs and AM.”

With Amat and Bartley, I think we are quite strong at CB

Similarly with the AM, I’m sure we have a few players that can possibly step in — Ayew, Jonjo, and reshuffle the rest of the midfield.

Whisper it, but... on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 4482 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Whisper it, but... on 02:44 - Aug 31 by SwansNZ

“our depth weak spots are CBs and AM.”

With Amat and Bartley, I think we are quite strong at CB

Similarly with the AM, I’m sure we have a few players that can possibly step in — Ayew, Jonjo, and reshuffle the rest of the midfield.

Where we may need extra cover is for Jeff as he's a speedster and will suffer from muscle strains. If there's a decent left winger on a free or cheap let's have him.
Or play Tabannou as I gather he used to play left wing .
But on this form and with minimal squad disruptuion injury wise then it's not impossible, surely?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Whisper it, but... on 08:23 - Aug 31 with 4456 viewsdgt73

Top 4, no. It's a long season and for us to get anywhere near that we'd have to stay injury free all season and the big clubs can in January go and sign £30 million players, we can't. If we can improve on last season that would be unbelievable.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Whisper it, but... on 08:31 - Aug 31 with 4424 viewsjack247

Whisper it, but... on 01:14 - Aug 31 by Jacandme

WTF is all this "4th will never happen" rubbish about?

This is Swansea City, we do not know what "will never happen" is. Surely its far more of an amazing feat to go from 92nd in the football league structure to 8th - than 8th to 4th with a much better side? How quickly we forget.

If we took the "it will never happen" attitude then we would not be here in the first place and would still be prattling around the likes of Mansfield and Leyton Orient every weekend. Of all the fans to take that attitude, then Swanseas fans should be the last on that list considering the miricle that goes on at our club season upon season.

We look as good a side as anybody outside Man City and have the star players to back it up. Its about time our own fans started looking beyond the traditionally modest team name - and start believing in us as much as the players seem to. We owe them that much.

Easy tiger, no one is saying they don't want us to finish in the top 4.

It will take an awful season from one of the money clubs and a brilliant season from someone else. Liverpool and Tottenham both managed it off the back of their best season for a generation.

If one of the backers pulls the plug, or if one of them goes into absolute free fall for any reason, then its possible, we can compete with everybody else.
Whisper it, but... on 08:38 - Aug 31 with 4401 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Whisper it, but... on 08:23 - Aug 31 by dgt73

Top 4, no. It's a long season and for us to get anywhere near that we'd have to stay injury free all season and the big clubs can in January go and sign £30 million players, we can't. If we can improve on last season that would be unbelievable.

Mmmnnn the three most dangerous offensive players in the PL only cost us £5 million (for Jeff or was it more) in transfer outlay . United had spent over £230 million under Van Gaal's regime. Didn't seem to help them yesterday though did it?
When Chelsea , City and Arsenal hit top form they are always going to be top 4. I think that there will be a wildcard for the last CL spot this year as Liverpool will sack Rogers and have a season of consolidation, Man Utd are a shodow of what they were under Fergus and Spurs are continually under achieving because their transfer policy compared to ours is dog poo. Everton under wiggly won't do much either and Soton won't do as well as last season either.
And who's to say we won't strengthen in January?
%We are now at a point in our history where players are running down their contracts to join us. Our standing in the game worldwide is growing by the day and we are now a very attractive pull for players, even like Bony to use as a springboard for a transfer to a "traditional" CL club.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 8:40]

Whisper it, but... on 08:49 - Aug 31 with 4353 viewsmonmouth

One game at a time, sweet jesus. The table will take care of itself. If we keep it up, it's going to be a good un.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Whisper it, but... on 08:54 - Aug 31 with 4320 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Whisper it, but... on 08:49 - Aug 31 by monmouth

One game at a time, sweet jesus. The table will take care of itself. If we keep it up, it's going to be a good un.

Ok Lena

Whisper it, but... on 09:01 - Aug 31 with 4279 viewsmonmouth

Whisper it, but... on 08:54 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Ok Lena

Thank god someone else was old enough to remember.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024