Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Man Utd Fan 10:15 - Aug 31 with 12496 viewsAl_Bundy

Anybody recognise him

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/manchester-united-fan-thinks-schweinsteiger-is-p
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:24 - Sep 1 with 2395 viewsSwansNZ

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:11 - Sep 1 by mattjenkins1990

The logic on this post is ridiculous. By saying these things you are inhibiting how far Swansea can grow as a club in terms of a fanbase. We have plenty of fans from all over the world, should all of them stop supporting the Swans because they are not there local club.

There is a difference between people who live outside of England and Wales, as they chose to support a competitor to their local side.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:32 - Sep 1 with 2376 viewsSwansNZ

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 08:48 - Sep 1 by airedale

When he was talking about Man U in his local (S Wales) accent, he used the term 'we'. That's delusional imo. Your team is where you're from, and you are what you are. You can't make a conscious decision to alter those facts because that makes you delusional.

I saw two of them by the Waun Wen (pub gone now), mincing up from the town. Both were wearing shorts, one had a dinky little pair on and the other chap's were below the knees, both had polo shirts and boat shoes and it was pissing down. They looked like they had just stepped out of the 'Next' catalogue and I was convinced that they were on their way to the North Stand. They had the air of being smugly assured with their association, via their money, with Manchester United.

If LVG does not improve things, he'll probably be off supporting Arsenal

[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 10:29]

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:32 - Sep 1 with 2376 viewsSwansNZ

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 08:48 - Sep 1 by airedale

When he was talking about Man U in his local (S Wales) accent, he used the term 'we'. That's delusional imo. Your team is where you're from, and you are what you are. You can't make a conscious decision to alter those facts because that makes you delusional.

I saw two of them by the Waun Wen (pub gone now), mincing up from the town. Both were wearing shorts, one had a dinky little pair on and the other chap's were below the knees, both had polo shirts and boat shoes and it was pissing down. They looked like they had just stepped out of the 'Next' catalogue and I was convinced that they were on their way to the North Stand. They had the air of being smugly assured with their association, via their money, with Manchester United.

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:32 - Sep 1 with 2375 viewsmattjenkins1990

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:24 - Sep 1 by SwansNZ

There is a difference between people who live outside of England and Wales, as they chose to support a competitor to their local side.

OK, in that case should i not support Swansea as I was born in the West Country ?

Surely we as a club should be encouraging people to support the club not pushing them away. The city has a population of 239k which is one of the smallest catchment areas of any premier league side (on a par with my local side swindon)

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:36 - Sep 1 with 2365 viewsSwansNZ

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:32 - Sep 1 by mattjenkins1990

OK, in that case should i not support Swansea as I was born in the West Country ?

Surely we as a club should be encouraging people to support the club not pushing them away. The city has a population of 239k which is one of the smallest catchment areas of any premier league side (on a par with my local side swindon)

Depends who you class your local side as. Born somewhere, growing up somewhere, living somewhere etc.

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 2350 viewslovejuicejack

This guy lives in the Mumbles area I see him dropping /picking up his kid from Mayals school.
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:48 - Sep 1 with 2350 viewsjack247

The logic on this post is ridiculous. By saying these things you are inhibiting how far Swansea can grow as a club in terms of a fanbase. We have plenty of fans from all over the world, should all of them stop supporting the Swans because they are not there local club.

There aren't many Premier league clubs in South Korea, the USA or Holland. This twunt has one on his doorstep and he chooses to follow one from 200 miles away he probably has no connection with. People supporting Swans and Man Utd when we were in League 2 I could understand.
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:56 - Sep 1 with 2335 viewsjack247

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:32 - Sep 1 by mattjenkins1990

Surely you don't need anyone to explain the difference between supporting a side from an area you have a genuine connection to, regardless of where you were born and supporting Man United because they are good.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 10:05 - Sep 1 with 2308 viewsyescomeon

Not defending him as I totally agree you should support your local team, but he has probably supported Man U his whole life, for whatever reason. That's not something you throw away because swansea got in the prem. He still looks like a bit of a tw@ though, surely you avoid the cameras in a situation like that.

Upthecity!

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 10:13 - Sep 1 with 2296 viewsHighjack

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 09:56 - Sep 1 by jack247

Surely you don't need anyone to explain the difference between supporting a side from an area you have a genuine connection to, regardless of where you were born and supporting Man United because they are good.

But they aren't good!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 10:14 - Sep 1 with 2296 viewsjack247

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 10:05 - Sep 1 by yescomeon

Not defending him as I totally agree you should support your local team, but he has probably supported Man U his whole life, for whatever reason. That's not something you throw away because swansea got in the prem. He still looks like a bit of a tw@ though, surely you avoid the cameras in a situation like that.

Yeah fair point, there are thousands of long term Man U and Liverpool fans in Swansea. Feel bad for them really, because they will support a team their whole life without ever really realising what football and community is all about.

What annoys me about this guy, is he didn't have the self respect to keep his head down. If he had done it anywhere but outside his local ground, or a Man U fan with a Cockney accent had done it, no one would have even commented.
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 10:16 - Sep 1 with 2292 viewsSwansNZ

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 10:05 - Sep 1 by yescomeon

He should still support the Swans (if they are his local team). I had a favourite Div 1 team while also watching the Swans in Div 4.

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 10:53 - Sep 1 with 2260 viewsairedale

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 10:16 - Sep 1 by SwansNZ

He should still support the Swans (if they are his local team). I had a favourite Div 1 team while also watching the Swans in Div 4.

This is it exactly. I'm sure we all had a favourite high flying team when we were younger, that's natural I think. But you can't genuinely support them because they're somebody else's team. I mean if you were from Swansea and 'supported' Man U when we were in Div 2, You would look kinda stupid 'supporting' Man U in Div 2 when they were relegated there, and the Swans in the same division.

And imagine all those rainy Tuesday evenings travelling away to 'support' United then.
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:08 - Sep 1 with 2227 viewsjackrabbit

It's said that Swans are becoming the second team of lots of other club's fans. There's a lot of goodwill towards the Swans because of the way we go about our business on and off the pitch.

I live in Ruislip and my second team is Fulham. Lots of my neighbours are Fulham fans and I always found them the most friendly venue of all the London clubs. I'd love them to come back up as I miss that fixture - which we nearly always won!

I agree though that a south Walian going on a video lamenting a distant visiting club to whom he pledges his allegiance, losing to his local side is pretty pathetic. OK butt, time to respect where you live and have Man Utd as your second side.
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:10 - Sep 1 with 2222 viewsyescomeon

100% agree, I don't understand supporting a team like Utd when you are from Swansea. I'm not from Swansea but they are still the closest team in the English League system. At least he has stuck to his guns with Utd, and not just jumped on the Swansea bandwagon.

Upthecity!

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:19 - Sep 1 with 2105 viewsScoobyWho

I have always felt sorry for people like him when it comes to football.
The list is endless as to why, and I hope he feel like that for ten years, and suffers greatly.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:27 - Sep 1 with 2089 viewsMillJack

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:19 - Sep 1 by ScoobyWho

I have always felt sorry for people like him when it comes to football.
The list is endless as to why, and I hope he feel like that for ten years, and suffers greatly.

Scooby, a bit off subject, I've been meaning to ask you about your avatar as it's not all that clear. Is the banner of Lee John, ex-Port Talbot winger/midfielder?
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:38 - Sep 1 with 2063 viewsScoobyWho

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:27 - Sep 1 by MillJack

Scooby, a bit off subject, I've been meaning to ask you about your avatar as it's not all that clear. Is the banner of Lee John, ex-Port Talbot winger/midfielder?

He still does his Lee Trundle role at the club 👍
Always thought he might team up with Lee De Vulgt for the main job, didn't happen, but things are settled for now.

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 12:03 - Sep 1 with 2042 viewsDewi1jack

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:08 - Sep 1 by jackrabbit

It's said that Swans are becoming the second team of lots of other club's fans. There's a lot of goodwill towards the Swans because of the way we go about our business on and off the pitch.

I live in Ruislip and my second team is Fulham. Lots of my neighbours are Fulham fans and I always found them the most friendly venue of all the London clubs. I'd love them to come back up as I miss that fixture - which we nearly always won!

I agree though that a south Walian going on a video lamenting a distant visiting club to whom he pledges his allegiance, losing to his local side is pretty pathetic. OK butt, time to respect where you live and have Man Utd as your second side.

Fulham, my absolute favourite away ground (in the UK.) Wish they'd hurry up back to the PL.
I grew up following Leeds and watching Swansea.
A couple of decades ago I stopped following Leeds and don't even look for their results now. I'm not even upset by their situation anymore. They are just another team who deserve what they get.
What we've been through as a club under Streul, Sharpe, Petty etc and what we're going through now, means I have no sympathy for any league club, who try and buy their way (into) out of trouble/ for promotion. I reserve my sympathy for the little clubs who get shafted for no reason/ someone looking to asset strip for building etc- Hereford as a good example.
I follow the results of a couple of teams in Germany, 1 in Holland and 1 in Italy and will go and watch them, when I get the chance, but watching the Swans comes first.
People who travel long distances to watch a home game don't deserve any grief. Quite a few away games are closer for me and easier to get to, than the home ones are.
There used to be a couple of busses from the Swansea area traveling to every Utd game. I know, I had to drive 1 as a punishment one day- made it to Monmouth services before I was trying to rip a bloke called Ashley (the organiser) out of his seat because he was bad mouthing the Swans. Ended up driving one of our busses of proper fans. Job done!!
Yes, I've sat on my hands in the "home end" when I couldn't get an away end ticket to watch us. Didn't wear our shirt or jump up celebrating when we scored (fukin hard that is!!!)
Would have expected a slap or 2 and a long ban for fighting back!!!

Sorry for the long post, but live and let live with fans of another team.
If they're local, then let's try and convert them into the rest of their life Swans fans.
Let's catch the kids (EXPANSION FFS. Hurry up useless council tw@s!!) by days like our last 3 against Utd (still can't believe we've done them 3 times on the trot- never expected to be watching us in the top flight again after Tosh.)
An awful lot of fans like the way we've done (and are still doing) things.
Only 2 teams I hate. Our Eastern laughing stock cousins and Utd
I hated Utd long before they were successful. Even when they were relegated I couldn't stand them or their fans.
Now they're just a stadium full of tourists and glory hunters who leave early winning, losing or drawing.
Glory hunting arseoles deserve each other and what happens

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 12:17 - Sep 1 with 2029 viewsMillJack

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 11:38 - Sep 1 by ScoobyWho

He still does his Lee Trundle role at the club 👍
Always thought he might team up with Lee De Vulgt for the main job, didn't happen, but things are settled for now.

He's a friend of mine is Lee, I've done quite a lot of coaching with him over the years. Really good guy.
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 12:23 - Sep 1 with 2019 viewsdgt73

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 15:06 - Aug 31 by Highjack

They're going to be the same people who sell their tickets to Korean and Den Haag fans.

Probably making a fair mint out of their enterprises.

Nonsence pmsl

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 14:13 - Sep 1 with 1908 viewsScoobyWho

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 12:17 - Sep 1 by MillJack

He's a friend of mine is Lee, I've done quite a lot of coaching with him over the years. Really good guy.

Port Talbots Lee Trundle 👍
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 14:13]

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 14:22 - Sep 1 with 1899 viewsMillJack

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 14:13 - Sep 1 by ScoobyWho

Port Talbots Lee Trundle 👍
[Post edited 1 Sep 2015 14:13]

Ha ha, minus the perma-tan!
Welsh Man Utd Fan on 14:56 - Sep 1 with 1868 viewsWxmJax

Never understood the reasoning that you MUST support your local team, there's something wrong with you if you don't. So much for having a brain. My Wrexham born son probably goes to more Swans games than a lot on here, should I stop him in future ? Then there was the young 12 year old lad from Chesterfield I met at the Hull game last December. I asked his father what was his connection with Swansea and he said that he just liked the way we play. I only hope that those people from Pwllheli don't turn up at Stoke again this year. When people comment about our away support just remember that a lot don't have SA postcodes.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Welsh Man Utd Fan on 17:54 - Sep 1 with 1817 viewsperchrockjack

No"must" but its a natural reaction.

To "support " a club 200 miles away or 40 in your case, is wrong.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024