Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 10% 14:15 - Dec 6 with 3122 viewsmrrockin

Genuine question, why?
The 10% on 14:17 - Dec 6 with 3098 viewsmonmouth

I'm intrigued by this too. 19 folk?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The 10% on 15:59 - Dec 6 with 2956 viewsmrrockin

The 10% on 14:17 - Dec 6 by monmouth

The lack of responses suggest there isn't a coherent argument beyond the 'i'm loyal' nonsense.
The 10% on 16:33 - Dec 6 with 2856 viewsClinton

Well let's think, Monk, Beattie, Clotet, KOL, various family members, that's about 19 of them. Monks wife probably in the 90 %

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The 10% on 16:38 - Dec 6 with 2830 viewsexiledclaseboy

Perhaps they feel that Monk deserves more time to turn it around.

Not me though, that's where I was before yesterday. But the diabolical effort that unfolded yesterday convinced me that it's beyond him, sadly.

I left on 75 minutes yesterday and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've done that in the last 30 years.

Poll: Tory leader

The 10% on 16:57 - Dec 6 with 2763 viewsstid

The 10% on 16:38 - Dec 6 by exiledclaseboy

Not me though, that's where I was before yesterday. But the diabolical effort that unfolded yesterday convinced me that it's beyond him, sadly.

I left on 75 minutes yesterday and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've done that in the last 30 years.

Take a look at the squad. Do you think monk was happy with having 10m to spend after that record season? Burnley got relegated and spent 10m on one player....let that sink in
The 10% on 16:59 - Dec 6 with 2753 viewsDr_Winston

The 10% on 16:57 - Dec 6 by stid

Take a look at the squad. Do you think monk was happy with having 10m to spend after that record season? Burnley got relegated and spent 10m on one player....let that sink in

Perhaps he shouldn't have bombed out so many technically capable Spanish players the summer before then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 10% on 17:02 - Dec 6 with 2731 viewsjack247

Burnley don't pay monster wages and signing on fees to free transfers. We didn't lose any big players in the summer and brought in Ayew plus two squad players. Yes, you have to move forwards to stand still, but we are going backwards at an alarming rate and have been for at least 3 months.
The 10% on 17:09 - Dec 6 with 2696 viewsAngelRangelQS

To be honest I don't think many fans would have been unhappy with our squad on September 1st or whenever the deadline was.

Maybe one or two grumbles about the attacking depth after Nathan left but even that was shot down by the majority
Login to get fewer ads

The 10% on 17:10 - Dec 6 with 2693 viewsstid

The 10% on 17:02 - Dec 6 by jack247

Burnley don't pay monster wages and signing on fees to free transfers. We didn't lose any big players in the summer and brought in Ayew plus two squad players. Yes, you have to move forwards to stand still, but we are going backwards at an alarming rate and have been for at least 3 months.

Due to squad.... Do you think it was Monks decision to have Dyer sat in the stands in a Leicester Tracksuit yesterday? We wanted Maxim they want 1m more and we walk away , same with Mitrovic and Batshuayi...Lack of ambition is killing us. Huw said we wouldnt do a deal like Bonys again...Why?
The 10% on 17:11 - Dec 6 with 2684 viewslovejuicejack

Stid is a monk lover
The 10% on 17:12 - Dec 6 with 2670 viewsperchrockjack

Did you and Pablo actually get it on ,jobs or was it Chico or de Guzman that were up on your bedroom wall.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The 10% on 17:15 - Dec 6 with 2659 viewsjack247

The 10% on 17:10 - Dec 6 by stid

Due to squad.... Do you think it was Monks decision to have Dyer sat in the stands in a Leicester Tracksuit yesterday? We wanted Maxim they want 1m more and we walk away , same with Mitrovic and Batshuayi...Lack of ambition is killing us. Huw said we wouldnt do a deal like Bonys again...Why?

Yes. If Dyer had been playing here, he wouldn't have gone to Leicester. Correct me if I'm wrong but he was available for Garry to select, which would have kept him at the club.

I'm not disputing we can be very tight with the purse strings, but Garry has still had a much stronger squad than some of his peers at his disposal and has failed to get anywhere near the best out of them.
The 10% on 17:27 - Dec 6 with 2620 viewsawayjack

Cardiff fans.
The 10% on 18:51 - Dec 6 with 2469 viewsSweyns_Eye

I'm one of the currently 9.7% in the poll that voted I don't think Monk's time is up. The reason for this is that I sadly believe the board will give him more time. Personally I think he's a busted flush and broken. He needs to go as soon as possible.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

The 10% on 18:52 - Dec 6 with 2454 viewsPozuelosSideys

No idea what this thread is about, but to suggest there isnt enough quality in this squad is bonkers.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The 10% on 18:54 - Dec 6 with 2420 viewsJBT95

The 10% on 16:59 - Dec 6 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps he shouldn't have bombed out so many technically capable Spanish players the summer before then.

Yeah cause last season was utter crap wasn't it and Monk was proved that he should have kept all the Laudrup clan.

They've gone, we've moved on, get over it. Crying over Chico & Pablo isn't going to bring them back. Pozuelo was a trouble maker and Canas was utter crap.
The 10% on 18:56 - Dec 6 with 2404 viewsmonmouth

The 10% on 18:51 - Dec 6 by Sweyns_Eye

I'm one of the currently 9.7% in the poll that voted I don't think Monk's time is up. The reason for this is that I sadly believe the board will give him more time. Personally I think he's a busted flush and broken. He needs to go as soon as possible.

Ah, you read it as 'Do you think the Board think Garry tune is up?' That, as you imply, is a nag of an entirely different hue. It might get cruelly bloody if they keep him there for the next home game though. Even if you sneak a win. As with McClaren today, the next bad result or performance...look out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The 10% on 18:59 - Dec 6 with 2382 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The 10% on 14:17 - Dec 6 by monmouth

Garry's immediate family. Pus Beattie's and O'Leary' too.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 19:00]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The 10% on 19:02 - Dec 6 with 2368 viewsjojaca

The 10% on 18:52 - Dec 6 by PozuelosSideys

No idea what this thread is about, but to suggest there isnt enough quality in this squad is bonkers.

The quality of the squad is good enough. The quality of the manager and coaching staff is another debate.

Even when you know, you never know?

The 10% on 20:01 - Dec 6 with 2267 viewsSwansNZ

The 10% on 16:38 - Dec 6 by exiledclaseboy

I was firmly in the “give him until after the Christmas games” to change it. BUT like you, after yesterday, I’ve changed my mind, I can’t see him turning things around. That first half was about as bad as it could possibly get — zero real shots on or off target, and we were damn lucky not to go in 0-5 down. The second half was a little bit better, probably have the players say how they’ve turned the corner with that half.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The 10% on 20:52 - Dec 6 with 2164 viewsWingstandwood

I seriously believe the 10% are probably made up of a large percentage of type(s) whom have come on here in the past and defended players being kept well past their sell by date/having contracts renewed? Loyal to the point of insanity! Blinkered and delusional common sense free idiots!

Remember some supporters being slagged off when they questioned the utter lunacy of Gower, Butler and KOL being kept on the SCFC payroll despite contributing zilch? How many post SCFC career league appearances did all the three aforementioned parasites make before they retired from playing?

Gower 7 apps!......... KOL ZERO apps!.........Butler ZERO apps! But hey remember the b###sh#t and excuses?........Good in the dressing room, were 100% loyal (I'd be if I was paid thousands to do f#ck and with zero other club interest) Jack, always gave 100%, being excellent at helping new signings to settle in at the club etc etc etc!

Argus!

The 10% on 21:24 - Dec 6 with 2075 viewsDJack

The 10% on 20:01 - Dec 6 by SwansNZ

I was firmly in the “give him until after the Christmas games” to change it. BUT like you, after yesterday, I’ve changed my mind, I can’t see him turning things around. That first half was about as bad as it could possibly get — zero real shots on or off target, and we were damn lucky not to go in 0-5 down. The second half was a little bit better, probably have the players say how they’ve turned the corner with that half.

This was the same for me.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024