Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loic Remy 08:54 - Dec 22 with 5405 viewsDevz00

He's linked with us again.

Thoughts? Is he a realistic target?

He's only played 151 minutes for Chelsea in the league this season. Not sure if he'll be in their plans as I imagine they'll be looking at signing a striker in January. If we could get him then I think he would be a great signing.

I know we've discussed him last summer as a potential replacement for Bafe who was off to Dubai. I think the general consensus was that he would be on mega bucks but I don't think he'll be on much more than our top earners.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Loic Remy on 10:51 - Dec 22 with 1436 viewsairedale

Who would buy Gomes off us though? Given his age and stats even those people down Swansea market wouldn't shift him.
Loic Remy on 11:24 - Dec 22 with 1395 viewsLoyal

Loic Remy on 10:44 - Dec 22 by Oldjack

that's why scouts were invented, why the fuk would we buy a player that the manager cant or won't use ?yes the board may find players but the last word should lay with the manager

We don't use scouts to employ international players of repute like Ayew, these deals are sealed by agents employed by the club and by agents acting for the player. Scouts are used to discover players like our Scottish players, the likes of McBurnnie etc,

Not players like Gomis, Montero etc.

These players are sourced by the board through agents.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Loic Remy on 11:29 - Dec 22 with 1382 viewsOldjack

Loic Remy on 11:24 - Dec 22 by Loyal

We don't use scouts to employ international players of repute like Ayew, these deals are sealed by agents employed by the club and by agents acting for the player. Scouts are used to discover players like our Scottish players, the likes of McBurnnie etc,

Not players like Gomis, Montero etc.

These players are sourced by the board through agents.

With or without the managers approval ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Loic Remy on 11:39 - Dec 22 with 1362 viewsLoyal

Loic Remy on 11:29 - Dec 22 by Oldjack

With or without the managers approval ?

I've no idea, you would have thought there would be some form of dialogue, but of course the continental style of recruiting we and many other clubs do will mean the manager will get players to work with whether he likes it or not. It's his job to coach them not source them.

An early point in case is the signing of Neil Taylor from Wrexham when Sousa was here. You can't tell me Sousa approached Jenkins and pointed out the talent we should sign currently in Wrexham reserves. As much as Monk didn't personally sign the majority of players.

Ok, Laudrup and Rodgers used some of their contacts to bring in players, but of course when a new manager like Laudrup of his international standing says sign a certain player most chairmen will listen.

This is our system, we have to accept it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Loic Remy on 12:59 - Dec 22 with 1278 viewsDevz00

Loic Remy on 11:39 - Dec 22 by Loyal

I've no idea, you would have thought there would be some form of dialogue, but of course the continental style of recruiting we and many other clubs do will mean the manager will get players to work with whether he likes it or not. It's his job to coach them not source them.

An early point in case is the signing of Neil Taylor from Wrexham when Sousa was here. You can't tell me Sousa approached Jenkins and pointed out the talent we should sign currently in Wrexham reserves. As much as Monk didn't personally sign the majority of players.

Ok, Laudrup and Rodgers used some of their contacts to bring in players, but of course when a new manager like Laudrup of his international standing says sign a certain player most chairmen will listen.

This is our system, we have to accept it.

This is true. The board have clearly identified a lot of our players as targets and I'd imagine the manager has a large say in whether we sign them or not.

Going back to the point about not signing someone without the new manager's consent - we don't currently have a manager. If, heaven forbid, we go into the January transfer window without a manager and Remy becomes available and affordable then we should go for him. We can't sit back and watch someone like that go to a rival, like Newcastle for example, while we wait for the new manager's approval. If we were sitting comfortably in mid table then I'd perhaps not worry too much. But at the moment, we are desperate for goals and we can't seem to shoot straight. How can you coach that?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Loic Remy on 13:07 - Dec 22 with 1264 viewspencoedjack

Loic Remy on 12:59 - Dec 22 by Devz00

This is true. The board have clearly identified a lot of our players as targets and I'd imagine the manager has a large say in whether we sign them or not.

Going back to the point about not signing someone without the new manager's consent - we don't currently have a manager. If, heaven forbid, we go into the January transfer window without a manager and Remy becomes available and affordable then we should go for him. We can't sit back and watch someone like that go to a rival, like Newcastle for example, while we wait for the new manager's approval. If we were sitting comfortably in mid table then I'd perhaps not worry too much. But at the moment, we are desperate for goals and we can't seem to shoot straight. How can you coach that?

The issue would then be would the player be happy to sign if he didn't know who the gaffer was going to be.

The sooner the new manager is appointed the better.
Loic Remy on 13:20 - Dec 22 with 1223 viewsDevz00

Loic Remy on 13:07 - Dec 22 by pencoedjack

The issue would then be would the player be happy to sign if he didn't know who the gaffer was going to be.

Yeah that's a fair point. And yes, it's doing my head in now.

Loic Remy on 13:25 - Dec 22 with 1219 viewsSwan91

Loic Remy on 13:07 - Dec 22 by pencoedjack

He probably would if it's only a loan deal. Game time in the PL if we get relegated he just goes straight back to Chelsea. If he has a stormer with us it would prove to the new Chelsea manager he should be considered. Either way I think it's a win win situation. Gets his money, gets PL game time to prove himself to whoever is watching and doesn't have the fear of relaxation....
Login to get fewer ads

Loic Remy on 14:02 - Dec 22 with 1165 viewspencoedjack

Loic Remy on 13:25 - Dec 22 by Swan91

He probably would if it's only a loan deal. Game time in the PL if we get relegated he just goes straight back to Chelsea. If he has a stormer with us it would prove to the new Chelsea manager he should be considered. Either way I think it's a win win situation. Gets his money, gets PL game time to prove himself to whoever is watching and doesn't have the fear of relaxation....

I am sure there are others clubs in the PL (with a manager in place) who would happily take Remy on loan.

As for the money I'd imagine his wages (which I presume we would have to cover) would be an issue .... although the 80k a week would be well spent if his goals kept us in the PL.
Loic Remy on 14:33 - Dec 22 with 1121 viewsmax936

Loic Remy on 14:02 - Dec 22 by pencoedjack

I am sure there are others clubs in the PL (with a manager in place) who would happily take Remy on loan.

As for the money I'd imagine his wages (which I presume we would have to cover) would be an issue .... although the 80k a week would be well spent if his goals kept us in the PL.

Very good goal scorer on his day, but does suffer from injuries, which won't help us in coming weeks when we need his goals to get us points, at around 80k a week that's surely to much of a risk?

lm more concerned with the Manager issue at the moment, to be in the position we are and without a Manager is surely fecking bonkers, we seemed to have sacked Monk without a clear timescale of getting another Manager in, it's bordering on ludicrous now.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 14:44]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Loic Remy on 14:41 - Dec 22 with 1100 viewsFlashberryjack

Loic Remy on 09:06 - Dec 22 by Devz00

I think it would be a million times better than what we could hope for.

When you look at the back-up strikers we've had over the last few seasons, it makes me depressed to think we may get someone similar.

Shechter
Vasquez
Oliviera
Ngog
Lita

A lot would add Luke Moore to that list but I always thought he was a decent back up.
Bit harsh to include Eder yet but he's not really showing much in his limited appearances.

Just to be clear, I'd want Remy as a 1st choice. It's just that we normally go for a cheap option as a back up and they never do anything of note. If we did go for Remy then it might be that Gomis leaves in Jan and we keep Eder as back up.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 9:08]

I'd most certainly add Eder to that list.....but I do agree with the Luke Moore bit.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024