Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
50/50 Nothing less Levien 21:57 - Apr 15 with 1955 viewssammylee3

Why are we going to let the Wall Street mafia control the club even at 60% have we no brains????
50/50 Nothing less Levien on 21:59 - Apr 15 with 1940 viewsjack247

Because we don't own the club and the people that do want to sell it.
50/50 Nothing less Levien on 22:13 - Apr 15 with 1870 viewssammylee3

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 21:59 - Apr 15 by jack247

Because we don't own the club and the people that do want to sell it.

in that case we might as well sell them more than 60%, #control
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 23:39]
50/50 Nothing less Levien on 22:25 - Apr 15 with 1842 viewsNookiejack

Wonder if remaining 19% will be pro-rated across non-Trust supporters.

If we stay up for another season Yanks have an option to buy remaining 19%.

Works from the fact - Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan can argue initially Trust is protected as Yanks can't get to 75%.

If we then stay up everybody by then has got used to Yanks ownership - they are then perceived to be OK as stayed up for another season - so then exercise their option to mop up remaining 19%.
50/50 Nothing less Levien on 23:40 - Apr 15 with 1771 viewssammylee3

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 22:25 - Apr 15 by Nookiejack

Wonder if remaining 19% will be pro-rated across non-Trust supporters.

If we stay up for another season Yanks have an option to buy remaining 19%.

Works from the fact - Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan can argue initially Trust is protected as Yanks can't get to 75%.

If we then stay up everybody by then has got used to Yanks ownership - they are then perceived to be OK as stayed up for another season - so then exercise their option to mop up remaining 19%.

this is going to end badly I can smell it.
50/50 Nothing less Levien on 00:10 - Apr 16 with 1735 viewscl81227

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 23:40 - Apr 15 by sammylee3

this is going to end badly I can smell it.

Serious question:- The trust are powerless to stop this. In fact, you have to question the only asset the americans have is premier league status, if they destroy that, they trash their investment and potentially the swans. Would it not be prudent fore the trust to sell their shares now, whilst the money is their, bank £25-30m, and in the nightmare scenario that the investment goes tits up, which hopefully it wont, the trust have the necessary funds in place to come in and rescue the swans, which if you think of Portsmouth, Leeds, Bolton was never an option.
For the trust now to try and hold out against wealthy backers, (and who knows their could be billionaires involved) as in the case of the investment with DC United and inter Milan, the trust would always come off second best. This is the way of the world, accept defeat, bank our money, and keep it their in a safe place for the next rainy day, which hopefully will never happen.
50/50 Nothing less Levien on 02:19 - Apr 16 with 1659 viewsLoyal

I reckon it's odds on the board read these message boards, well, at least three of them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 05:45 - Apr 16 with 1614 viewsBrynmill_Jack

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 00:10 - Apr 16 by cl81227

Serious question:- The trust are powerless to stop this. In fact, you have to question the only asset the americans have is premier league status, if they destroy that, they trash their investment and potentially the swans. Would it not be prudent fore the trust to sell their shares now, whilst the money is their, bank £25-30m, and in the nightmare scenario that the investment goes tits up, which hopefully it wont, the trust have the necessary funds in place to come in and rescue the swans, which if you think of Portsmouth, Leeds, Bolton was never an option.
For the trust now to try and hold out against wealthy backers, (and who knows their could be billionaires involved) as in the case of the investment with DC United and inter Milan, the trust would always come off second best. This is the way of the world, accept defeat, bank our money, and keep it their in a safe place for the next rainy day, which hopefully will never happen.

Two words - Randy and Lerner

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 05:46 - Apr 16 with 1613 viewsBrynmill_Jack

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 00:10 - Apr 16 by cl81227

Oh, and Aston and Villa.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 08:56 - Apr 16 with 1485 viewsmonmouth

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 05:45 - Apr 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Two words - Randy and Lerner

A few more words.

The trust don't have a offer or a buyer for their shares.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 09:27 - Apr 16 with 1430 viewsjacabertawe

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 22:13 - Apr 15 by sammylee3

in that case we might as well sell them more than 60%, #control
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 23:39]

Which part of "we (as in the supporters, the Trust) don't own the Club" do you not understand?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 10:05 - Apr 16 with 1362 viewsNookiejack

As Londonlisa has suggested on another thread - Trust really needs to have strategic debate of path it wants to go down in future.

The raison detre of the Trust is to have a professional football club in Swansea.

However you can do this in at least 2 ways.

1. Be Supporters voice on Board for Swansea City. Have a Director on the Board who can monitor that new owners don't take excessive risk - don't take on too much debt etc

But in practice can you do this when you have another majority shareholder with 60% of club - who can dilute you away at any time.

This stuff about having a fans voice has been shown to be a total illusion. Huw Cooze, our Supporters Director has been totally ignored during this takeover. What is going to happen down the line with Venture Capitalists with 60% holding who can dilute the Trust away at any time - especially if Trust is not compliant.

2. Have a vision for a 100% fans owned professional club in Swansea. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this the model for Bundesliga clubs and Barcelona/Real Madrid (where presidents of their clubs are eclectic by their members).

This would mean selling 21% stake and banking the money. Could then invest in local club and with funds in bank start progressing up the league - with aim of achieving professional fan owned club in at least League 2. If Venture Capitalists fail (which is a very high probability) then could buy back the club. Collapse new club that has been set up.

If club progresses under Venture Capitalists then club still has prossefional football team in Swansea.

Meanwhile have insurrance policy of fans owned club progressing through the Leagues.
50/50 Nothing less Levien on 11:10 - Apr 16 with 1303 viewsDafyddHuw

"Why are we going to let the Wall Street mafia control the club even at 60% have we no brains????"

So if you owned a car and I told you that you couldn't sell it because I didn't want you to, are you saying tht there's no way you would go ahead and sell it? #shitforbrains
50/50 Nothing less Levien on 13:44 - Apr 16 with 1208 viewssammylee3

50/50 Nothing less Levien on 11:10 - Apr 16 by DafyddHuw

"Why are we going to let the Wall Street mafia control the club even at 60% have we no brains????"

So if you owned a car and I told you that you couldn't sell it because I didn't want you to, are you saying tht there's no way you would go ahead and sell it? #shitforbrains

Shut up you clown in reality we shouldnt be selling more than a 50% to a bunch of oligarchs who arent fans of the club. My opinion, i hope our major shareholders wake up and realise handing over 60 % is not likely in our long term best interests. Again these boys are in it to leach us its very simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024