Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has happened to the passionate jack army?? 09:37 - Apr 26 with 6648 viewsRichythejack

Well yet again we were let down by our side and in particular Ash Williams. Saying this that doesn't give us a reason not to get behind the team and play our part. I was at the game on the weekend and I regularly travel to watch the Swans but the fans are slowly getting less and less passionate. The expectation that we are better than we actually are seems to be the chip on many of the fans shoulders. I am not sure that it is the increase of new fans but if that's the case we still have a hardcore following of away supporters and you lot should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. People seem to forget that the whole successful Swansea era was built on passion and determination. We never had world beaters in our team but everyone played for each other and gave 110%. This includes the fans creating the atmosphere which made the Liberty a fortress and the praise we had for our fantastic support from numerous away fans. Our Promotion season and the first season we went up is really the last time we actually stood as one of the best supporters in the football leagues, each season from there is has got progressively worse. Yes, I understand the team are not performing and we have seriously been a victim of the riches of the prem league by bringing in journey men looking for a pay day with no balls, or mental steel but come on!!! Leicester fans were exceptional and not once did we really give them some banter back or just have a laugh, Jesus why even bother going to the game? Honestly though Swansea Fans we give the whole story of the Swansea way disappearing etc, have a serious look at yourselves and get behind the team.

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 05:09 - Apr 27 with 1712 viewsLohengrin

What has happened to them? They have been priced out for the most part.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 06:32 - Apr 27 with 1692 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 05:09 - Apr 27 by Lohengrin

What has happened to them? They have been priced out for the most part.

Are Liberty/Jack Army away tickets not pretty cheap, relative to the other 19 clubs?

Even though Swansea City in the 21K Liberty has a better supply/demand ratio than most of them?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 6:39]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 07:36 - Apr 29 with 1554 viewskopperburgjack

Totally agree. The atmosphere is what makes a matchday so good but it's getting considerably worse and worse home and away. We took 3000 there in the championship all standing and singing proud but these days the majority of fans sit in places like Leicester, embarrasing.

Just one of the reasons why I have not renewed for next season.

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 07:53 - Apr 29 with 1537 viewsStarsky

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 07:36 - Apr 29 by kopperburgjack

Totally agree. The atmosphere is what makes a matchday so good but it's getting considerably worse and worse home and away. We took 3000 there in the championship all standing and singing proud but these days the majority of fans sit in places like Leicester, embarrasing.

Just one of the reasons why I have not renewed for next season.

I still think that an unreserved seating area on the East would improve things.

It's just the internet, init.

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 08:22 - Apr 29 with 1525 viewsBigPhilG

A few times this season away from home I've seen our fans stand and try and get an atmosphere going. Only for stewards to threaten them with being ejected if they don't sit down and worst of all I've seen Swans fans, and I use that term loosely complaining to stewards about the lads trying to create an atmosphere.

I'm sure we've all seen them, the coffin dodgers, the women knitting, the kids on their hand held games and the ones who leave for coffee after 35minutes only to return at the 50 minute mark.
What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 09:43 - Apr 29 with 1495 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In response to the OP - the atmosphere has suffered due to the turgid rubbish negative football we've had to put up with during/after the Monk era .

And when you travel to Newcastle and Leicester and see the team almost stop trying - is a bit of singing going to get them up? Most of them are earning 40K plus ffs

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 10:59 - Apr 29 with 1480 viewsBenJ94

I think the introduction of new fans and kids, even foreign supporters has taken a massive toll on our support, both home and away, i used to get goosebumps sometimes listening to our fans, especially at the Liberty, we were definitely one of the best fans in Britain, but over the years I've noticed a lot of newer faces around me at the Liberty, even at away games, I don't see the faces I used to see at the likes of Hartlepool and Northampton, there seem to be a lot more old people and couples at away games these days just there for a day out, obviously top that off with a poor season and it really does have a big effect on the fans!
What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 10:59 - Apr 29 with 1480 viewsdameedna

The passionate jack army surged immensely with the angels then faded back to a 58 per cent moany little bunch intent on deriding any player who is having a bad day or fading a bit.

We are not as good as Leicester for a while we were not as good as Reading in a final that had monk Tate and Debbie in it.

Staying up this season principally due to Alan Curtis has probably been satisfying.

Seeing Leon turn around our fortunes as he is carrying an injury has also been a highlight.

Arsenal and Chelsea and United were good too.

Not sure who is going to turn out next 3 games but we are in with a chance.

Success breeds expectation and that is a good thing. Can live with the lack of passion if that is what it is.
Login to get fewer ads

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 11:19 - Apr 29 with 1471 viewsAngelRangelQS

You'd do well to find much of an atmosphere anywhere where a side is struggling and playing boring football.

We've scored 16 goals in 17 home matches this season. Hardly the stuff to get the crowd going. And anyone who says the atmosphere at the vetch was white hot all the time either has selective memory or didn't go regularly
What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 13:52 - Apr 29 with 1423 viewsdeanscfc

Fans haven't been great all season. No the team hasn't given us too much to shout about but hymns and arias has been far more muted than it should have been. I went up to Leicester last season when they were battling relegation...their fans were superb and never stopped making noise. Their atmosphere must have helped this season.
What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 15:24 - Apr 29 with 1391 viewsAngelRangelQS

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 13:52 - Apr 29 by deanscfc

Fans haven't been great all season. No the team hasn't given us too much to shout about but hymns and arias has been far more muted than it should have been. I went up to Leicester last season when they were battling relegation...their fans were superb and never stopped making noise. Their atmosphere must have helped this season.

They were on a good run by that point. I bet the atmosphere was crap in February.

In fact, wasn't Pearson telling their fans to "f*ck off and die" around that time?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 15:25]
What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 15:31 - Apr 29 with 1380 viewsDarran

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 15:24 - Apr 29 by AngelRangelQS

They were on a good run by that point. I bet the atmosphere was crap in February.

In fact, wasn't Pearson telling their fans to "f*ck off and die" around that time?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 15:25]

Deans post is just a Monk is a c*nt post most of his posts are.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 05:14 - Apr 30 with 1267 viewsChrisSCFC

The PL novelty has worn off, even Stoke's atmosphere is largely shite nowadays.

The turgid football we've seen for the most of the season doesn't help either.
What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 06:40 - Apr 30 with 1258 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 15:31 - Apr 29 by Darran

Deans post is just a Monk is a c*nt post most of his posts are.

And mine are don't forget me "Dazzbaggs"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 07:13 - Apr 30 with 1246 viewsbuilthjack

Let's just turn the volume up at West Ham

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 08:31 - Apr 30 with 1197 viewsGowerjack

Does anyone else find it totally embarrassing that the club pipe in ". Hymns & Arias" over the PA prior to kickoff?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 09:24 - Apr 30 with 1171 viewsbuilthjack

What has happened to the passionate jack army?? on 08:31 - Apr 30 by Gowerjack

Does anyone else find it totally embarrassing that the club pipe in ". Hymns & Arias" over the PA prior to kickoff?

They must be trying to do the same as the rugby at the millennium

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024