Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a King the Swansea story 19:51 - May 11 with 11059 viewsOldjack

bbc2 this Saturday 9.20

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 11:18 - May 12 with 2687 viewsheadcleaner

but didn't mal pope write and sing the worst football song of all time ' Lee Don't Go' about his mancrush on Trundle when it was rumored he was leaving for Drizzle City
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 11:23 - May 12 with 2675 viewsBanosswan

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 10:58 - May 12 by OxOsp

It seems to be only on BBC2 Wales. In England we will be watching "The Hollow Crown" at that time on BBC2.

So, we get Benedict Cumberbatch. You get Leigh Dineen.

If you've got sky you can probably get bbc Wales. It's up in the late 900's.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 11:23 - May 12 with 2675 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 09:44 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Things like this are great at the time BUT they date very quickly. Football is a week by week thing and we have had so much more ups and downs since this film.
And of course people jump on the bandwagon of success, I'm sure I heard from friends of Mal Pope say he never showed any interest in the Swans up until a few years back. That can go for a lot lof people not just him!!

That is so very wrong Dicky. He helped in the fundraising during the 80s. His record of " Bring back the glory days" had its very first play...in my house. All proceeds from the disc (from Derreks records) went to Save Our Swans,
IT cost a pound, and we were on the brink of seeing. Swansea a city without a football club.
He was a fan always.
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 11:41 - May 12 with 2648 viewsOxOsp

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 11:23 - May 12 by Banosswan

If you've got sky you can probably get bbc Wales. It's up in the late 900's.

Or I can just put my son's DVD in.....
Anyway, yes, we do have Sky and regularly use the Wales channels. One of the best things about Sky, having grown up in Manchester desperately trying to get the Radio Wales reception to hear commentary on the Swans, or watching a very snowy BBC Wales during the 5 Nations...
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 13:04 - May 12 with 2585 viewsdougie

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 11:23 - May 12 by Swanseajill

That is so very wrong Dicky. He helped in the fundraising during the 80s. His record of " Bring back the glory days" had its very first play...in my house. All proceeds from the disc (from Derreks records) went to Save Our Swans,
IT cost a pound, and we were on the brink of seeing. Swansea a city without a football club.
He was a fan always.

He has been a fan for years but it's a must better thread if we pretend he wasn't.

Better still let's forget that Mal approached the club to make it and that club weren't allowed input into the story line. Easier to slate people then. Some real beauts around
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 13:06 - May 12 with 2581 viewswaynekerr55

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 13:04 - May 12 by dougie

He has been a fan for years but it's a must better thread if we pretend he wasn't.

Better still let's forget that Mal approached the club to make it and that club weren't allowed input into the story line. Easier to slate people then. Some real beauts around

So the club allowed its brand to be used and had no say on the actual content?

Good management 😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 13:17 - May 12 with 2551 viewsdougie

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 13:06 - May 12 by waynekerr55

So the club allowed its brand to be used and had no say on the actual content?

Good management 😂😂😂😂

Content other than the interviews was archive material meaning factual !!!!. The club would no doubt have access to the end product to make sure there was nothing libelous. What i heard was that the media department and the wife of a major shareholder checked the final release. Whether that is fact i'm not sure but it would make it a very uninteresting story if it was . Be no fun in that !
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 13:46 - May 12 with 2525 viewsSwanseajill

Beauts is kind to what some on here and elsewhere are prepared to slate, including anyone who has left our club, and even those that have left after bringing us success.

Q the Martinez threads.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 14:07 - May 12 with 2497 viewsUxbridge

Mal was told in no uncertain terms during filming that the story he was making was a fiction. He chose to do it anyway.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 14:08 - May 12 with 2490 viewswaynekerr55

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 13:17 - May 12 by dougie

Content other than the interviews was archive material meaning factual !!!!. The club would no doubt have access to the end product to make sure there was nothing libelous. What i heard was that the media department and the wife of a major shareholder checked the final release. Whether that is fact i'm not sure but it would make it a very uninteresting story if it was . Be no fun in that !

"What I heard"

You seem to hear a lot

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 14:30 - May 12 with 2455 viewsStarsky

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 09:44 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Things like this are great at the time BUT they date very quickly. Football is a week by week thing and we have had so much more ups and downs since this film.
And of course people jump on the bandwagon of success, I'm sure I heard from friends of Mal Pope say he never showed any interest in the Swans up until a few years back. That can go for a lot lof people not just him!!

"I'm sure I heard from friends of ..."

Yeah... That's as vague as the Evening Post when they write "the Post understands..."

Mal Pope has been a fan for years. I overheard somebody saying this... I'm sure..

It's just the internet, init.

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 14:37 - May 12 with 2440 viewsHumpty

He's not even a real pope.
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 14:37 - May 12 with 2437 viewsStarsky

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 13:46 - May 12 by Swanseajill

Beauts is kind to what some on here and elsewhere are prepared to slate, including anyone who has left our club, and even those that have left after bringing us success.

Q the Martinez threads.

I generally agree with your sentiments about players/managers leaving our club etc.

However the manner in which Martinez left and the behaviour of Whelan at the time.
The disrespect he showed this club by taking staff that were here before his time (Reeves etc)
Far outweighs anything written about him on here.
In contrast, Rodgers left and looked out for the Swans at the time.

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 15:00 - May 12 with 2406 viewswaynekerr55

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 14:37 - May 12 by Starsky

I generally agree with your sentiments about players/managers leaving our club etc.

However the manner in which Martinez left and the behaviour of Whelan at the time.
The disrespect he showed this club by taking staff that were here before his time (Reeves etc)
Far outweighs anything written about him on here.
In contrast, Rodgers left and looked out for the Swans at the time.

In some cases, yes I agree.

Thank f*ck we got shot of pointy mcpoint!

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 15:42 - May 12 with 2354 viewsLoyal

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 11:23 - May 12 by Swanseajill

He was a fan always.

He surfaces every time he has the chance of publicity from the swans more like, a fan ? I spoke to him late nineties and he openly said he wasn't much of a fan and doesn't go.

Jumps on failure as quickly as he does success. Gets his mug on the tv and records in shops as a result.

Think about it. And the real reason he does it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 20:55 - May 12 with 2067 viewswhiterock

Anyone remember the rise and fall documentary made by the BBC, factual at least and didn't cost a bean
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:01 - May 12 with 2045 viewsStarsky

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 20:55 - May 12 by whiterock

Anyone remember the rise and fall documentary made by the BBC, factual at least and didn't cost a bean

Yep. It's mentioned already on page one of this thread. Good film.

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:10 - May 12 with 2027 viewsJackistentialist

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 10:42 - May 12 by Zut_Alors

A much better film.

And it's here:

http://www.documentarytube.com/videos/swansea-city-the-fall-and-rise
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:13 - May 12 with 2018 viewslegoman

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:01 - May 12 by Starsky

Yep. It's mentioned already on page one of this thread. Good film.

Is this BBC film available anywhere? iPlayer or YouTube praps?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:16 - May 12 with 2009 viewsThursday

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:13 - May 12 by legoman

Is this BBC film available anywhere? iPlayer or YouTube praps?

You can watch it here. No need for thanks.

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:20 - May 12 with 2001 viewslegoman

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:16 - May 12 by Thursday

Top man! Thanks anyway!

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 00:58 - May 13 with 1897 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 21:16 - May 12 by Thursday

Thanks, but something is messed up with the sound on that link for me.

Sucks, Ive always wanted to see that.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 08:18 - May 13 with 1836 viewsdougie

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 14:07 - May 12 by Uxbridge

Mal was told in no uncertain terms during filming that the story he was making was a fiction. He chose to do it anyway.

Who told him ?
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 09:07 - May 13 with 1798 viewsPapaLazarou

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 08:18 - May 13 by dougie

Who told him ?

The Trust, I assume.

Regarding Mal Pope: I've said it once, and I'll say it again - early 00's, from the horse's mouth "We're not really football people"
Jack to a King the Swansea story on 09:23 - May 13 with 1790 viewsdougie

Jack to a King the Swansea story on 14:08 - May 12 by waynekerr55

"What I heard"

You seem to hear a lot

Better than assuming or thinking rumours are fact ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024