Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? 08:33 - May 17 with 5512 viewstrampie

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ?

I wonder if some party leaders will vote 'remain' but wont mind 'leave' winning, last polls I saw had N.I, Scotland and Wales 'remain' but England 'leave', if that happened and the weight of numbers in England was just enough to drag the UK out of Europe then what ?

In the above scenario the R.O.I would be in Europe and in the Euro with the North wanting to be in Europe with nearly half the population 'nationalists', some say if Scotland get dragged out of Europe against their will there will be a second independence referendum and Wales being one area that apparently benefits from EU money might see some Welsh unhappy to 'leave'.

Many Little Englanders will want to be out, but that could lead to a breaking up of the UK down the line and little Englanders tend to be unionists and want the UK to stay together.
[Post edited 17 May 2016 8:36]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 08:47 - May 17 with 2737 viewsLohengrin

Who? Jeremy Corbyn for one. You'd have to go a long way to see hypocrisy on that scale, it doesn't come around that often.

It's up there, right up there, with Leanne Wood's "UKIP are beyond the pale" cobblers.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 08:50 - May 17 with 2728 viewsjackb

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 08:47 - May 17 by Lohengrin

Who? Jeremy Corbyn for one. You'd have to go a long way to see hypocrisy on that scale, it doesn't come around that often.

It's up there, right up there, with Leanne Wood's "UKIP are beyond the pale" cobblers.

Oh, I don't know - pick any tory politician, it's not difficult. Isn't it in tory party rules - Must Be a slimy hypocrite??
Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 08:52 - May 17 with 2724 viewstrampie

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 08:47 - May 17 by Lohengrin

Corbyn, Cameron, Wood and Sturgeon ............ hmm, what would each of them want ?, really really want ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:01 - May 17 with 2710 viewsLohengrin

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 08:50 - May 17 by jackb

Oh, I don't know - pick any tory politician, it's not difficult. Isn't it in tory party rules - Must Be a slimy hypocrite??

No doubt. Although you do get the added twist of sanctimonious, slimy hypocrisy from the left. That's always a nice touch.

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:04 - May 17 with 2701 viewstrampie

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:01 - May 17 by Lohengrin

No doubt. Although you do get the added twist of sanctimonious, slimy hypocrisy from the left. That's always a nice touch.

Which way are you going to vote Lohengrin ?, a 'leave' vote could endanger the 'union' .

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:04 - May 17 with 2699 viewsexiledclaseboy

The U.K. is doomed in its current form anyway. The outcome of the referendum may hasten its demise, perhaps. But it's only a matter of time regardless.

Poll: Tory leader

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:05 - May 17 with 2695 viewsLohengrin

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:04 - May 17 by trampie

Which way are you going to vote Lohengrin ?, a 'leave' vote could endanger the 'union' .

I'm voting in and I'd encourage everybody to do likewise.

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:07 - May 17 with 2688 viewsLohengrin

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:04 - May 17 by exiledclaseboy

The U.K. is doomed in its current form anyway. The outcome of the referendum may hasten its demise, perhaps. But it's only a matter of time regardless.

What makes you say that?

Login to get fewer ads

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:12 - May 17 with 2674 viewstrampie

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:05 - May 17 by Lohengrin

I'm voting in and I'd encourage everybody to do likewise.

I'm encouraging my fellow Welshmen to vote 'in', what our friends in England do is up to them.

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:29 - May 17 with 2641 viewsSwaneeRiver

Totally torn. The Eu has done a hell of a lot for workers rights, etc, but is too dictorial in many ways.
Other countries like Ireland have managed very well outside of membership, why shouldn't we ?
Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:31 - May 17 with 2634 viewsLohengrin

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:29 - May 17 by SwaneeRiver

Totally torn. The Eu has done a hell of a lot for workers rights, etc, but is too dictorial in many ways.
Other countries like Ireland have managed very well outside of membership, why shouldn't we ?

Ireland is a full EU member state.

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:33 - May 17 with 2624 viewsBigPhilG

I wouldn't do it so I'd be no good as a politician. They however have got more sides to them than a dice. The scare tactics from the in side have backfired for me and I will be voting out and hoping out wins too. I've no problem being part of the UK we have historical ties with the other 3 countries and have done for a very long time but have zero affinity to the EU.
Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:35 - May 17 with 2619 viewsSwaneeRiver

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:31 - May 17 by Lohengrin

Ireland is a full EU member state.

See ? I do wonder why some of us should have the vote on life changing issues like this
Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:39 - May 17 with 2609 viewsLohengrin

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:35 - May 17 by SwaneeRiver

See ? I do wonder why some of us should have the vote on life changing issues like this

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:50 - May 17 with 2584 viewsscottishjack

I'm still waiting to be convinced one way or the other, so at this point I may well just spoil my ballot?!?

As usual, I am trying to understand the pros and cons either way, but the politicians that they've put up to lead the campaigns are mind numbing, and if one thing is going to swing me to vote "leave", it's George Osbourne rattling on about dangers to our economy!

It's been broken for years George, and you're the one that's meant to fix it! Maybe it is time for a change?

Similar to the Scottish referendum, every time I saw Cameron or Osbourne talking, I couldn't help but think that they were actually helping the devolution vote...

I honestly don't know at this point...
Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:53 - May 17 with 2578 viewsDarran

Why would anyone vote in but secretly want out when nobody knows who you vote for?

Stupid f*cking thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 11:15 - May 17 with 2514 viewstrampie

Like fans of football teams that want their team to lose because they want the manager sacked or the board to resign ?

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 11:16 - May 17 with 2513 viewssherpajacob

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 09:29 - May 17 by SwaneeRiver

Without the EU, Ireland would possibly have been declared bankrupt in 2008/09.

Although some may claim it was the EU/ euro that caused the problem in the first place.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 12:09 - May 17 with 2460 viewsHighjack

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 11:16 - May 17 by sherpajacob

Without the EU, Ireland would possibly have been declared bankrupt in 2008/09.

Although some may claim it was the EU/ euro that caused the problem in the first place.

Very good point. You could say the same about Greece, Spain, Portugal and... Oh wait isn't there a pattern emerging here?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 12:11 - May 17 with 2454 viewsAnotherJohn

Darren is probably right to say that the idea of voting 'in' while really wanting to leave is bizarre, but one odd thing about the whole process is that the 'in' vs 'out' choice has become blurred. Cameron says the vote is about whether to stay in a special position in a 'reformed EU' (the key Government document is entitled 'The best of both worlds: the United Kingdom's special status in a reformed European Union'). However, given the underwhelming deal that he brought back from Brussels, there must be a real question about how far the 'special status' is sustainable. In 20 years will the drive for 'ever closer union' really have been abandoned? Against that background I'd say that the real in/out choice is between being part of the emergent European superstate or being a sovereign nation. Yet few see the vote in those terms, and so I think there is a great deal of confusion, with some who vote remain only doing so if they can remain semi-detached, and feeling nervous that this might not be a viable long-term position.
[Post edited 17 May 2016 12:27]
Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 12:22 - May 17 with 2429 viewsHighjack

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 12:11 - May 17 by AnotherJohn

Darren is probably right to say that the idea of voting 'in' while really wanting to leave is bizarre, but one odd thing about the whole process is that the 'in' vs 'out' choice has become blurred. Cameron says the vote is about whether to stay in a special position in a 'reformed EU' (the key Government document is entitled 'The best of both worlds: the United Kingdom's special status in a reformed European Union'). However, given the underwhelming deal that he brought back from Brussels, there must be a real question about how far the 'special status' is sustainable. In 20 years will the drive for 'ever closer union' really have been abandoned? Against that background I'd say that the real in/out choice is between being part of the emergent European superstate or being a sovereign nation. Yet few see the vote in those terms, and so I think there is a great deal of confusion, with some who vote remain only doing so if they can remain semi-detached, and feeling nervous that this might not be a viable long-term position.
[Post edited 17 May 2016 12:27]

We could get the Russians to join too and call it Eurasia.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 12:37 - May 17 with 2398 viewssherpajacob

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 12:09 - May 17 by Highjack

Very good point. You could say the same about Greece, Spain, Portugal and... Oh wait isn't there a pattern emerging here?

There are arguments both ways.

Why should the ECB , particularly Germany bail out the pigs, and why should the UK want any part of it. Whilst there is also an argument that the single currency caused if not deepened the problem

Alternatively it can be argued that only the implicit ties of the euro and EU and the resulting bailout prevented the pigs going headlong into oblivion/ civil war or worse as a direct consequence of the U.S. Sub prime failures.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 13:05 - May 17 with 2355 viewsClinton

Vote "leave".
You know you want to, dont be shy. Stuff the stuffed shirts and the establishment.
A leave vote is a way to get at the Tories as well as a vote to get away from the EU and its 28 national leaders having to agree decisions.

To those worried about the predictions of doom, think of this
If leave wins:
- the Tories will be in turmoil, surely Cameron would have to quit. They will rip themselves apart over it
- then they will renegotiate the terms and have another referendum anyway until the electorate gives the right answer, so the predictions of doom will not come to pass.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 14:15 - May 17 with 2297 viewsblueytheblue

The Tories won't be in turmoil.

I suspect Cameron is in the "leave" camp to be honest. If he came out lobbying to leave and the vote was stay, then he'd be slaughtered in European talks. Now, he can say he tried to get change, tried to stay using hyperbole... knowing he'll be standing down anyway.

Corbyn on the other hand is in a whole heap of trouble over it. Voted against everything EU, realpolitik demanded he backed the remain camp despite it not being his real view...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 14:42 - May 17 with 2268 viewsClinton

Who's voting for 'remain' but hope 'leave' wins ? on 14:15 - May 17 by blueytheblue

The Tories won't be in turmoil.

I suspect Cameron is in the "leave" camp to be honest. If he came out lobbying to leave and the vote was stay, then he'd be slaughtered in European talks. Now, he can say he tried to get change, tried to stay using hyperbole... knowing he'll be standing down anyway.

Corbyn on the other hand is in a whole heap of trouble over it. Voted against everything EU, realpolitik demanded he backed the remain camp despite it not being his real view...

To suggest a leave vote would be a bigger problem for Corbyn than for Cameron is frankly bizarre IMHO.
It carries the logic of the twisted, daily anti-Corbyn articles in the Telegraph. Not that I give a monkeys about Corbyn, he is unelectable anywaY, whatever the EU outcome.
Come on everyone, vote leave, don't be pussies.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024