Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another Terrorist atrocity 13:12 - Jun 12 with 17094 viewssnork44

A gunman has opened fire in a gay nightclub in Orlando in Florida and killed 20 people and 45 have been taken to hospital,which means the death toll may increase. The FBI has already stated it is the work of an Islamic terrorist.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 20:54 - Jun 12 with 1838 viewsGowerjack

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 20:47 - Jun 12 by Lohengrin

The most depressing thing about these situations is almost invariably the perpetrators are found to have been on a security services watch list be it in the US, France, Australia or here at home. They have been identified and deemed to pose sufficient risk to warrant monitoring yet time and again the measure has proven to be woefully inadequate.

It's unpalatable, I know, but the time has to be fast approaching where internment has to be placed on the table as a workable option. The alternative is to carry on as we are and hope for the best but I don't believe the tide of public opinion will stand that for much longer.

Two nights in a row....

Now now.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:03 - Jun 12 with 1805 viewslondonlisa2001

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 20:52 - Jun 12 by Highjack

You have the option to put him on ignore.

I do indeed. But then I couldn't expose him for the thick ar*e he is.

But I will refrain from replying to him any longer as it gets in the way of any reasonable discussion.
Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:04 - Jun 12 with 1803 viewsLohengrin

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 20:54 - Jun 12 by Gowerjack

Two nights in a row....

Now now.

I thought I was pretty measured there.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:12 - Jun 12 with 1772 viewsdickythorpe

Loh I think you are.correct. It's.becoming a stock answer that the perpetrators were known or on a "list".
Digon yw digon.
Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:13 - Jun 12 with 1767 viewsdonkeylabour

I don't understand why they don't enforce treason laws.

High Treason against the crown should be enforced if there is clear evidence of a plot against the citizens of ones own Country.

We could build an Alcatraz for these types.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:15 - Jun 12 with 1761 viewsjackonicko

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:13 - Jun 12 by donkeylabour

High Treason against the crown should be enforced if there is clear evidence of a plot against the citizens of ones own Country.

The weather in San Francisco is a bit too clement. You want somewhere hot and unpleasant.

Cuba, perhaps?
Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:16 - Jun 12 with 1758 viewsHighjack

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:13 - Jun 12 by donkeylabour

They don't have a crown.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:17 - Jun 12 with 1754 viewsdonkeylabour

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:16 - Jun 12 by Highjack

They don't have a crown.

Give trump time

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Login to get fewer ads

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:18 - Jun 12 with 1750 viewsGowerjack

The most depressing thing about these situations is almost invariably the perpetrators are found to have been on a security services watch list be it in the US, France, Australia or here at home. They have been identified and deemed to pose sufficient risk to warrant monitoring yet time and again the measure has proven to be woefully inadequate.

It's unpalatable, I know, but the time has to be fast approaching where internment has to be placed on the table as a workable option. The alternative is to carry on as we are and hope for the best but I don't believe the tide of public opinion will stand that for much longer.

I have a feeling that our spooks are much smarter and better at their jobs than elsewhere in the world. I bet there are loads of plots and extremists that get foiled and we and the courts never get to hear about it.

Plastic since 1974

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:19 - Jun 12 with 1742 viewslonglostjack

Jackportis is as dull as a brush and thinks he's funny. Bet u he was bullied at school. Tw*t!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:19 - Jun 12 with 1742 viewsLoyal

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:18 - Jun 12 by Gowerjack

I have a feeling that our spooks are much smarter and better at their jobs than elsewhere in the world. I bet there are loads of plots and extremists that get foiled and we and the courts never get to hear about it.

Nah, lazy bastards the lot of them. Big pensions and cruising through life doing Fck all. 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:20 - Jun 12 with 1741 viewsHighjack

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:15 - Jun 12 by jackonicko

The weather in San Francisco is a bit too clement. You want somewhere hot and unpleasant.

Cuba, perhaps?

Kick the monks off Caldey it would be perfect

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:22 - Jun 12 with 1733 viewsGowerjack

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:19 - Jun 12 by longlostjack

Jackportis is as dull as a brush and thinks he's funny. Bet u he was bullied at school. Tw*t!

Or maybe he is still being bullied at school?

Plastic since 1974

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:24 - Jun 12 with 1728 viewslondonlisa2001

Are they also going to be joined by all the extremist whites that are on watch lists as well? Anyone with an affiliation to the Klan, or the Westboro Baptist Church or anti abortion groups or any 'people's militia' type organisation? People like the Texan politician who said they had it coming?

Bloody hell Loh, the 'boys down the Legion' won't know which way to turn today, what with them 'hating all blacks and gays in equal measure' as you told us last night.

And yes, I know that none of them would be violent against other people, but it's all different degrees of the same thing isn't it?
Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:25 - Jun 12 with 1727 viewsHighjack

He's certainly being bullied on here!

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:25 - Jun 12 with 1720 viewsLohengrin

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:12 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

Loh I think you are.correct. It's.becoming a stock answer that the perpetrators were known or on a "list".
Digon yw digon.

Da iawn, Dicky. Yng ngeiriau Pantycelyn, "y Diafol gwisgo nifer o wynebau rhaid i ni ddysgu sut i adnabod nhw i gyd."

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:32 - Jun 12 with 1694 viewsLohengrin

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:24 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

Are they also going to be joined by all the extremist whites that are on watch lists as well? Anyone with an affiliation to the Klan, or the Westboro Baptist Church or anti abortion groups or any 'people's militia' type organisation? People like the Texan politician who said they had it coming?

Bloody hell Loh, the 'boys down the Legion' won't know which way to turn today, what with them 'hating all blacks and gays in equal measure' as you told us last night.

And yes, I know that none of them would be violent against other people, but it's all different degrees of the same thing isn't it?

I'm sure you realised I was pulling Murphy's leg last night, playing up to the stereotype, I think I said as much at the time. To be honest most conversations down there revolve around horse racing.

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:35 - Jun 12 with 1677 viewslondonlisa2001

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:32 - Jun 12 by Lohengrin

I'm sure you realised I was pulling Murphy's leg last night, playing up to the stereotype, I think I said as much at the time. To be honest most conversations down there revolve around horse racing.

I do, but you know what I mean.

So much hate. So much intolerance. It does none of us any good in the end you know.
Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:39 - Jun 12 with 1660 viewsDr_Winston

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:24 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

If we're going to chuck the likes of the WBC into internment too I could get behind the idea...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 22:52 - Jun 12 with 1588 viewslonglostjack

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:25 - Jun 12 by Highjack

He's certainly being bullied on here!

Am I bovered ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 23:06 - Jun 12 with 1570 viewsLeonisGod

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 17:24 - Jun 12 by dailew

Cos something like this would never happen in a country with tighter gun control.

Like France.

The US has waaaaaaaaay more gun-related deaths than France (and probably the whole of Europe put togethet).

Easy access certainly doesn't help, whatever the reasons behind the deaths.
Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 23:19 - Jun 12 with 1548 viewsBanosswan

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 21:18 - Jun 12 by Gowerjack

They are, which makes the argument that the uk would be less safe out of Europe redundant.....

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 23:28 - Jun 12 with 1530 viewsTummer_from_Texas

So many obvious, logical arguments for gun control, and America gives you opportunities to discuss it all the time.

But then someone feels the need to bring it up after something like this, shooting their own credibility in the foot, ironically. Bad timing.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 23:34 - Jun 12 with 1516 viewsTummer_from_Texas

In fact, here's a perfect excuse to talk about it, just as timely and even from THE SAME CITY FMFS.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entertainment/orlando-christina-grimmie-shot/

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 23:35 - Jun 12 with 1509 viewsThursday

Yet another Terrorist atrocity on 23:28 - Jun 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

So many obvious, logical arguments for gun control, and America gives you opportunities to discuss it all the time.

But then someone feels the need to bring it up after something like this, shooting their own credibility in the foot, ironically. Bad timing.

It's a tragedy for the nation, horror for the community, and unimaginable for the victims and families. Not the day for much else.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 23:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024