Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missing a trick regarding Bony? 19:02 - Jul 18 with 6443 viewsSheffieldjack

As pre-season preparations start I can't help but think that we're missing a trick with the Bony scenario. If Manchester City want £3 million for a season long loan, why not take them up on it and deduct the money from their outstanding balance to us. OK we would have to stump up wages for a season, but we'd actually be shelling no money out on a transfer fee. We know that Bony suits our style of play and we can't go into the new season with only one recognised striker. Come on Huw. You know it makes sense.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:17 - Jul 18 with 4373 viewsjackrabbit

I think the problem is that when one our better players leaves us to join a bigger, richer club like Man City, or Liverpool, their salary package is significantly increased. So when we as fans, go all dewey-eyed about seeing Bony and Allen back in our white shirts, the people who have to make the decisions see their current weekly wage packets that are inflated beyond what is comfortable for a club like Swansea - wage levels that can cause unrest and division in the changing room.

Swans are now at an impasse. We either grow or we'll eventually decline and drop out of the Premier League. We can't stay as we are. I'm sure the new owners recognise this and have formed a long term plan to take us forward. In time I look forward to hearing it. The immediate issue is the inadequate stadium. I expect to hear more about expansion plans sooner rather than later.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:20 - Jul 18 with 4350 viewsDr_Winston

We're assuming Guidolin wants him.

For all we know FG is planning for an all pace forward line. A higher value version of Laudrup's "three winger" setup.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:24 - Jul 18 with 4319 viewsItchySphincter

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:17 - Jul 18 by jackrabbit

I think the problem is that when one our better players leaves us to join a bigger, richer club like Man City, or Liverpool, their salary package is significantly increased. So when we as fans, go all dewey-eyed about seeing Bony and Allen back in our white shirts, the people who have to make the decisions see their current weekly wage packets that are inflated beyond what is comfortable for a club like Swansea - wage levels that can cause unrest and division in the changing room.

Swans are now at an impasse. We either grow or we'll eventually decline and drop out of the Premier League. We can't stay as we are. I'm sure the new owners recognise this and have formed a long term plan to take us forward. In time I look forward to hearing it. The immediate issue is the inadequate stadium. I expect to hear more about expansion plans sooner rather than later.

The Liberty can't be expanded.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:26 - Jul 18 with 4309 viewsNeathJack

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:20 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

For all we know FG is planning for an all pace forward line. A higher value version of Laudrup's "three winger" setup.

Also assuming Bony would want to come back.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:30 - Jul 18 with 4285 viewsDr_Winston

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:24 - Jul 18 by ItchySphincter

The Liberty can't be expanded.

Yes it can. The question is how much will it cost.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:30 - Jul 18 with 4284 viewsairedale

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:26 - Jul 18 by NeathJack

Also assuming Bony would want to come back.

Right. Coming back confirms his failure.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 00:43 - Jul 19 with 4123 viewsLoyal

I couldn't help laughing out loud when it was muted he was 35, Fck me ....
Genetics and technology wouldn't take two days to prove or disprove his age.
People are so gullible to the daft rumour.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 05:22 - Jul 19 with 4042 viewsSheffieldjack

You make some good points. Couldn't we get around the problem of inflated wages for one player, like Bony, causing unrest and division by instead giving him a substantial signing on fee?
Login to get fewer ads

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 08:23 - Jul 19 with 3904 viewsdameedna

I expect to see Ayew and Routledge play most games and we add another striker or winger.

Given the choice I reckon FG will go for someone like Valencia.

If we see the Laudrup's 3 up front I'd be going with Ayew, Routs and Valencia-type (same as Alberto in some ways). Barrow with Montero as options.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 09:49 - Jul 19 with 3789 viewsSwaneeRiver

Bony would be a brilliant loan signing at £3 million and would fit right in.
If Guidolin doesn't want a guy in his team with a proven scoring record for Swans then there is something wrong.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 13:38 - Jul 19 with 3670 viewsItchySphincter

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:30 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

Yes it can. The question is how much will it cost.

More likely to knock it down and build another one. It can't happen.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 13:40 - Jul 19 with 3663 viewsPozuelosSideys

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 22:20 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

Thatd be a nice thought. To do that, i think we'd need to bring in another creative central midfielder to cut defences open as well, we cant rely on just Gylfi to do that for a whole season, especially when teams park the bus.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 14:48 - Jul 19 with 3596 viewsJBT95

Our stadium is not inadequate.

It has a fantastic pitch that has been voted pitch of the season while we have been in the PL and it has good player facilities. Really only those two things matter.

Yes most would love to have a bigger seating capacity, not necessarily me, but our stadium is certainly not inadequate. I like it as it is personally.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 14:49]
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 14:58 - Jul 19 with 3573 viewsjasper_T

How is forfeiting £3m of what City owes us "shelling no money out"?

It would be convenient for cashflow reasons only. It's still £3m lost/spent, same as it would be for any club.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 18:48 - Jul 19 with 3461 viewsSheffieldjack

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 14:58 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

How is forfeiting £3m of what City owes us "shelling no money out"?

It would be convenient for cashflow reasons only. It's still £3m lost/spent, same as it would be for any club.

For most clubs cashflow is a big issue, and my guess is that this is particularly true of us at the moment. Not having to actually lay the money out at this point would be a big advantage.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 23:11 - Jul 19 with 3347 viewsjackrabbit

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 14:48 - Jul 19 by JBT95

Our stadium is not inadequate.

It has a fantastic pitch that has been voted pitch of the season while we have been in the PL and it has good player facilities. Really only those two things matter.

Yes most would love to have a bigger seating capacity, not necessarily me, but our stadium is certainly not inadequate. I like it as it is personally.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 14:49]

22000 capacity is inadequate in the Premier League. That is solely what I term 'inadequate' about the Liberty.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 00:15 - Jul 20 with 3317 viewsjasper_T

It would have been inadequate back in the days when matchday takings were the bulk of a club's income.

The relative advantage of an extra 10k seats diminishes every year. A small stadium is not a significant financial handicap when 99% of the audience is watching on tv.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 18:48 - Jul 23 with 3120 viewsSheffieldjack

I hope that there's some mileage in this report:

SWANSEA are ready to launch a bid to re-sign Wilfried Bony.

Bony was a huge hit at the Liberty Stadium after arriving from Vitesse in July 2013 for a club record £12m fee, scoring 26 times in 56 league games.

Now the Swans, armed with significant funds thanks to their new majority shareholders from America, want him back - either on loan or at a cut-price £15m.

Italian coach Francesco Guidolin is desperate to boost the squad’s firepower as doubts persist over the future of £15million-rated striker Andre Ayew.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 18:50 - Jul 23 with 3112 viewsraynor94

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 18:48 - Jul 23 by Sheffieldjack

Bony was a huge hit at the Liberty Stadium after arriving from Vitesse in July 2013 for a club record £12m fee, scoring 26 times in 56 league games.

Now the Swans, armed with significant funds thanks to their new majority shareholders from America, want him back - either on loan or at a cut-price £15m.

Italian coach Francesco Guidolin is desperate to boost the squad’s firepower as doubts persist over the future of £15million-rated striker Andre Ayew.

From who?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 18:55 - Jul 23 with 3088 viewsChrisSCFC

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 18:50 - Jul 23 by raynor94

From who?

Express.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 19:04 - Jul 23 with 3047 viewsraynor94

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 18:55 - Jul 23 by ChrisSCFC

Express.

Cheers

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 19:30 - Jul 23 with 2953 viewsDyfnant

£15M Bony £15M Ayew, self funding no brainer

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 19:34 - Jul 23 with 2945 viewslondonlisa2001

The accuracy of that is surely thrown into doubt when they say we rate Ayew at £15m.

All the talk at the moment is that Bony is going to Everton as a makeweight in a deal taking Stones to Man City.
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 19:49 - Jul 23 with 2876 viewsSheffieldjack

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 19:34 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

The accuracy of that is surely thrown into doubt when they say we rate Ayew at £15m.

All the talk at the moment is that Bony is going to Everton as a makeweight in a deal taking Stones to Man City.

Apparently the deal regarding Stones is complicated and a simple money transaction would suit Man City - and us!
Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 19:53 - Jul 23 with 2860 viewsvetchonian

Missing a trick regarding Bony? on 19:34 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

And to renew his partnership with Siggy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024