Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliveria 11:06 - Aug 4 with 2812 viewsAngelRangelQS

Cadden claiming his contact is Portugal is saying its a done deal

Have to be honest, if Llorente and Oliveria are our "two strikers", it's very underwhelming indeed
Oliveria on 11:30 - Aug 4 with 2675 viewsLandore_Jack

WalesOnline reported this yesterday.

Further additions are expected, although it is not clear in which position. There have been widespread reports in Portugal that Swansea have offered a permanent deal to former loan striker Nelson Oliveira, although sources at the Liberty had initially downplayed a move for the Benfica man. Tottenham's wide forward Nacer Chadli continues to be linked.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-closing-d

#backtojack

Oliveria on 11:34 - Aug 4 with 2640 viewsUplandsJack

If he is IT, I will be gutted but if this is as well as others as possibly mentioned ok with me.
Never understood why we didn't keep him last season instead of wasting £5 million on Eder...
Oliveria on 11:34 - Aug 4 with 2640 viewsDaggyjack

Underwhelming??? Why??

Llorente scores 1 in 3 throughout his career with Bilbao, Juve and Spain, Oliveira is a decent third choice (not back-up) and Chadli would be a great signing.
Oliveria on 12:02 - Aug 4 with 2480 viewsLeonisGod

I'll reserve judgement until I see them on the pitch. But I can't help but feel on paper at least it will be a step up from last year.

We'll see. I expect a few more surprises yet before the season starts.
Oliveria on 12:53 - Aug 4 with 2290 viewsMattG

Oliveria on 11:34 - Aug 4 by UplandsJack

If he is IT, I will be gutted but if this is as well as others as possibly mentioned ok with me.
Never understood why we didn't keep him last season instead of wasting £5 million on Eder...

This, in spades.
Oliveria on 12:58 - Aug 4 with 2232 viewsTom1912

If it's Llorente and Oliveria, when you consider we've spent less then we've brought in so far, it does look like we dont have any money to spend this summer on transfer fees.
Oliveria on 13:11 - Aug 4 with 2133 viewsmagicdaps10

Phil Cadden is a bit of a tw@t though!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Oliveria on 13:14 - Aug 4 with 2091 viewsgazza_1234

Wathen says : There are more reports circulating that Swansea City are looking to bring Nelson Oliveira back to the Liberty Stadium on a permanent deal.

It was first put out there by the Portuguese media a few days ago and he continues to be linked to the Swans.

However, sources at the club tell us that there is nothing in the rumours.
Login to get fewer ads

Oliveria on 13:57 - Aug 4 with 1897 viewsSmellyplumz

If olivera is the best we can do then that's pathetic

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Oliveria on 14:08 - Aug 4 with 1796 viewsgiantstoneater

Oliveria on 12:58 - Aug 4 by Tom1912

If it's Llorente and Oliveria, when you consider we've spent less then we've brought in so far, it does look like we dont have any money to spend this summer on transfer fees.

There must have been a black hole in Swansea somewhere shall we name it American takeover!!
Oliveria on 14:08 - Aug 4 with 1795 viewsLoyal

Oliveria on 13:11 - Aug 4 by magicdaps10

Phil Cadden is a bit of a tw@t though!!!

So was Leon Knight but he could score a goal.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Oliveria on 14:09 - Aug 4 with 1781 viewsLoyal

Nelson showed some real appetite when he was with us and he scored a beauty at Newcastle with his nut. Great back up, with Lorentte and Ayew we are well sorted.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Oliveria on 15:25 - Aug 4 with 1590 viewsAngelRangelQS

Oliveria on 11:34 - Aug 4 by Daggyjack

Underwhelming??? Why??

Llorente scores 1 in 3 throughout his career with Bilbao, Juve and Spain, Oliveira is a decent third choice (not back-up) and Chadli would be a great signing.

My biggest concern is that Llorente has struggled for goals in the last two seasons with a strike rate similar to that of Gomis. His career is on the downward slope - hopefully he'll still be good enough to do a job for us but I would question wh Seville are so eager to get rid.

Olivieria is an average player. Wouldn't want to rely on him for any extended period of time. Personally disappointed that our scouting network doesn't extend beyond a bloke who couldn't get a game for us two years ago and has since had an average season in the championship

I guess it all looks a lot healthier if we keep Ayew but I'd be disappointed that we haven't pushed the boat out on a striker who has been in the goals over the last few seasons and whose career is on an upward spiral
Oliveria on 15:46 - Aug 4 with 1496 viewsmagicdaps10

Oliveria on 14:08 - Aug 4 by Loyal

So was Leon Knight but he could score a goal.

But can Cadden score goals?

He has scored a few own goals in the last week ;-)

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Oliveria on 15:51 - Aug 4 with 1465 viewsTheKirkyLife

Oliveria on 15:25 - Aug 4 by AngelRangelQS

My biggest concern is that Llorente has struggled for goals in the last two seasons with a strike rate similar to that of Gomis. His career is on the downward slope - hopefully he'll still be good enough to do a job for us but I would question wh Seville are so eager to get rid.

Olivieria is an average player. Wouldn't want to rely on him for any extended period of time. Personally disappointed that our scouting network doesn't extend beyond a bloke who couldn't get a game for us two years ago and has since had an average season in the championship

I guess it all looks a lot healthier if we keep Ayew but I'd be disappointed that we haven't pushed the boat out on a striker who has been in the goals over the last few seasons and whose career is on an upward spiral

Keep in mind this was Monk who decided to keep faith with Gomis for far too many games. Can't score goals if you're not even allowed on the pitch.
Oliveria on 16:03 - Aug 4 with 1431 viewsAngelRangelQS

Oliveria on 15:51 - Aug 4 by TheKirkyLife

Keep in mind this was Monk who decided to keep faith with Gomis for far too many games. Can't score goals if you're not even allowed on the pitch.

Wouldn't disagree with that. Maybe we'll see money spent on other areas... Possibly Chadli (who can also play upfront I think)
Oliveria on 16:08 - Aug 4 with 1399 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Oliveria on 13:57 - Aug 4 by Smellyplumz

If olivera is the best we can do then that's pathetic

If Ayew stays, he'll be our 3rd choice striker.

We don't need Messi for that role.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Oliveria on 16:09 - Aug 4 with 1379 viewsAngelRangelQS

Oliveria on 16:08 - Aug 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

If Ayew stays, he'll be our 3rd choice striker.

We don't need Messi for that role.

There's a hell of a lot of players between Lionel Messi and Nelson Oliveria!!
Oliveria on 16:12 - Aug 4 with 1361 viewsDaggyjack

Oliveria on 15:25 - Aug 4 by AngelRangelQS

To be fair to Seville, they are a better club than us and have signed players that we can't compete for (Vietto, Bin Yedder), hence they are offloading Llorente, who I feel will do well for us.

I agree that I wouldn't want to rely on Oliveira but he's only 24, an international player and who had a good (not average) season with Forest. Not a second striker but good enough back up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024