Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordi Amat 11:48 - Aug 4 with 3879 viewsjack247

Seems to be the future of SCFC on here. Not knocking him at all, as he never lets us down, but how do we really know he is ready to be the main man in defence? He played 4 league games last season, probably a few more the two seasons before that, but he has never been a regular.

I get that we won't find out unless we give him game time and that he has suffered due to Ash's longevity, but I'm surprised at how confident everyone seems to be in him, given how little most will have seen him play.
Jordi Amat on 14:25 - Aug 4 with 860 viewskarnataka

Jordi Amat on 12:14 - Aug 4 by Jango

He made an appalling error against Bristol rovers which led to their goal but he needs a constant run of games to get his consistency and confidence right before we can really say if he's the long term answer. Eould be a huge risk going into season with him and Fernandez as first choice with the Dutch guy as back up in my opinion

Appalling error? Makes it sound like he did it on purpose. What I saw was unfortunate and can happen to anyone, even you I suspect.
Jordi Amat on 14:27 - Aug 4 with 839 viewsJango

Jordi Amat on 14:15 - Aug 4 by jasper_T

Ash is captain and so has to play every week, and playing two short centrebacks together is generally seen as a bad idea. Jordi has always been seen as Ash's potential replacement not partner. It's got little to do with his ability or attitude, both of which are held in fine regard at the club.

Once Ash is gone the only thing holding Jordi back will be his injury record. If he stays fit he'll be the better of the two in 12 months.

I hope you're right. I like Amat, but I havent seen enough of him consistently to make the decision that he's the long term replacement for Williams. He needs the chance tho or we'll never know
Jordi Amat on 14:30 - Aug 4 with 829 viewsJango

Jordi Amat on 14:25 - Aug 4 by karnataka

Appalling error? Makes it sound like he did it on purpose. What I saw was unfortunate and can happen to anyone, even you I suspect.

If he done it on purpose it wouldn't be an error would it!
Jordi Amat on 14:52 - Aug 4 with 784 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jordi Amat on 14:27 - Aug 4 by Jango

I hope you're right. I like Amat, but I havent seen enough of him consistently to make the decision that he's the long term replacement for Williams. He needs the chance tho or we'll never know

He played 30 games before FF arrived at Swansea and looked just as good as FF from the start.
Jordi Amat on 15:45 - Aug 4 with 704 viewsicecoldjack

Jordi Amat on 13:40 - Aug 4 by Jango

I agree that he's got great potential but there's a reason why he was behind both Fernandez and Williams last year, who both had poor seasons for their standards.

That reason being a captain that has too much influence.

Nobody knows how amat will do but it's fair to say nobody will know how a new €10m centre half will do either !

Fede has been average considering his high transfer fee and many fans have thought for a while that jordi has been getting the rough end of the stick.

He should have played far more games but what can you do when a clown like monk decides Bartley is better when he clearly isn't .
Ash apparently had an influence and input into that choice too apparently.

Give amat a fair crack, if he fails then we spend in January on a top level replacement , the money should be there to do that.
Jordi Amat on 16:06 - Aug 4 with 676 viewsjack247

Jordi Amat on 13:49 - Aug 4 by SkipTheJack

One of the most promising young centre-halves I've seen, but he really does need to start playing now. I was disappointed when we paid £7m for Fernandez because I just saw it as an unnecessary barrier in Amat's development. If Ash leaves then the consolation will be that Amat will finally get his chance.

I'd agree with that. Nothing against him at all, id just like to have seen him given some real game time before we decide he is up to replacing Williams.

I know Fernandez is taller than both, but that shouldn't necessarily make it a choice between the other two.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:11 - Aug 4 with 662 viewsjack247

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:46 - Aug 4 by jasonbromham

It's 5 actually, just saying.

Semantics. I think the point has sailed over your head Jason. 5 league games in a season isn't enough to decide he is the future of our defence.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:13 - Aug 4 with 652 viewsjasonbromham

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:11 - Aug 4 by jack247

Semantics. I think the point has sailed over your head Jason. 5 league games in a season isn't enough to decide he is the future of our defence.

Even so, I have seen enough to show that he should be in front of Fed in the pecking order.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:28 - Aug 4 with 615 viewsjack247

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:13 - Aug 4 by jasonbromham

Even so, I have seen enough to show that he should be in front of Fed in the pecking order.

That's a different issue. If we were talking about him replacing Fed I wouldn't be quite so concerned. We would still have a captain and a leader at the back.

That aside, I don't think 5 games is even enough to show that. Not his fault, a centre back in his position at pretty much any other club would have had more time on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024