Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 02:00 - Sep 14 with 42186 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 14:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 02:00 - Sep 14 with 13777 viewsjackharris

Southampton FC versus Swansea City at St Mary's Stadium, 2.15pm kick off. Sunday 18th September 2016.

Away fans are located in the Northam Stand at one end of the stadium, where normally up to 3,300 fans can sit. The view of the playing action and the facilities within this stand are excellent. Leg room is good, although the width of the seating seemed to be a bit narrower than other grounds. The sizeable concourse behind the stand features a Ladbrokes, has TV's which show the game as it is played and a number of eating and drinking outlets. There are plenty of staff and the queues never seemed to get particularly long, which was a pleasant surprise. There is also a 'Pie & Pint' outlet, that as the name suggests, only serves beer and pies.

The stadium has a great atmosphere and the facilities are first class. I particularly commend the Club for the friendliness of their staff, from the stewards to the catering staff. Even as I left the stadium, a steward wished me an enjoyable journey home! Considering that away supporters are almost treated with contempt at some other clubs, this was a refreshing change. Coupled with the relaxed attitude of the home supporters and the excellent facilities, then this to to me makes a visit to St Mary's one of the better days out in the League.

Phil Jones adds; 'There was an excellent view from all around the ground and the atmosphere was good. I was impressed by their having toilet facilities around the perimeter of the ground which are accessible prior to the turnstiles opening. Well done Southampton, it's the little touches like these, for the fans comfort and enjoyment of the day, which make all the difference'.

There are not many pubs located close to the stadium, so the choice for away fans is limited. There is the Waterfront Bar in William Street, which is an area called Shamrock Quay. You can visit the Waterfront Bar websitefor more details. Nic Hallam a visiting Wolverhampton Wanderers fan adds; 'In the Ocean Village we found "The Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis" public house. This large establishment had an an excellent choice of beers, friendly bar staff and a convivial mix of both home and away fans'.

Most fans seem to end up in the city centre before the game, where there are plenty of pubs to choose from. Paul Hunt a visiting Bristol City fan adds; 'On our last visit the Standing Order Wetherspoons outlet was for home fans only, with bouncers on the door. We ended up in Yates Wine Lodge in the central shopping area. There were also a lot of away fans in the Slug & Lettuce next door'. Away fans should avoid pubs along St Marys Street such as the Kingsland Tavern, Joiners and Isobar. Please remember though that if you do drink in the centre, that the stadium is a good twenty minute walk away. Otherwise alcohol is served within the ground.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2016 10:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 07:54 - Sep 14 with 13698 viewsepaul

Looking forward to this my first away of the season, very optimistic after Sundays 2nd half battling performance

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 09:37 - Sep 14 with 13647 viewsbuilthjack

I fancy us for this one

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:04 - Sep 14 with 13610 viewsAl_Bundy

A relative home match for some
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:25 - Sep 14 with 13417 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:04 - Sep 14 by Al_Bundy

I went there a couple of years ago and I never realised the bloody big river was so close! Walked up into town as the recommended pub with parking near the ground had changed to home fans only. I think we lost and I was recovering from a severe case of the trots at the time so not a great day ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:14 - Sep 14 with 13206 viewsbuilthjack

Whats the head count for this one?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:36 - Sep 15 with 13025 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Last time I went to Southampton, I was driving me & my mates down. We were running late so I was tanking down the M3. Just before the big roundabout when you get to Southampton, I was pulled by an unmarked cop car who had been following me from the services by Newbury!
Think we drew 2-2 if I remember correctly, so my mates took great pleasure in reminding me that I was the only one to leave Southampton with 3 points!!!!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:54 - Sep 15 with 13010 viewsjackharris

Login to get fewer ads

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:51 - Sep 15 with 12902 viewsAl_Bundy

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:54 - Sep 15 by jackharris

Must have a good few left if they will be on sale at the gate.

Think we have sold 1500 so far so half full away end at the moment.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:12 - Sep 15 with 12861 viewsandypitt56

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:04 - Sep 14 by Al_Bundy

I live in southampton, I dont get to see many games. I Cant wait!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2016 15:14]
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:22 - Sep 15 with 12849 viewsAl_Bundy

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:12 - Sep 15 by andypitt56

I live in southampton, I dont get to see many games. I Cant wait!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2016 15:14]

20 mins drive for me then a further 30 mins trying to find decent parking
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:25 - Sep 15 with 12838 viewsandypitt56

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:22 - Sep 15 by Al_Bundy

20 mins drive for me then a further 30 mins trying to find decent parking

Last time I parked at ocean village, normally alright if you get in early enough.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:14 - Sep 15 with 12670 viewskarnataka

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:25 - Sep 15 by andypitt56

Last time I parked at ocean village, normally alright if you get in early enough.

My mate & I parked there a couple of seasons back and the problem was getting out after the game. Parked in some industrial estate to the north of the ground last season which was fine, will probably head there again but hoping our performance is considerably better than last season's which was pretty underwhelming.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:33 - Sep 15 with 12602 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Charlie Austin looking dangerous tonight, he has 2 goals, 1 pen, 1 header.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:44 - Sep 15 with 12526 viewsLandore_Jack

Saints looking good. It's going to be tough Sunday.

#backtojack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:20 - Sep 15 with 12484 viewsdailew

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:33 - Sep 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Charlie Austin looking dangerous tonight, he has 2 goals, 1 pen, 1 header.

Alfie will have him in his back pocket.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 06:55 - Sep 16 with 12343 viewsSwansNZ

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:44 - Sep 15 by Landore_Jack

Saints looking good. It's going to be tough Sunday.

A point will be great, as are any away points in the PL.

1-1

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:42 - Sep 16 with 12180 viewsandypitt56

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 06:55 - Sep 16 by SwansNZ

A point will be great, as are any away points in the PL.

1-1

i think the saints fans will be expecting a win, could see them turn on the team if they dont turn up.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:56 - Sep 16 with 12078 viewssherpajacob

Home draws with Sunderland and Watford so far, let's pile the pressure on.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:59 - Sep 16 with 11909 viewslegoman

Have decided at the last minute to go to this game on Sunday. I understand away tickets will be available on the gate, but as at 14.30 today neither Swansea nor Southampton ticket offices can give me any idea how many are left in the away end.

I'm happy to drive down from home in Bromley on Sunday but I run the risk of there being no tickets left.

Anyone got any idea what our allocation is and how many we have sold so far?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:58 - Sep 16 with 11813 viewsjackharris

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:59 - Sep 16 by legoman

Have decided at the last minute to go to this game on Sunday. I understand away tickets will be available on the gate, but as at 14.30 today neither Swansea nor Southampton ticket offices can give me any idea how many are left in the away end.

I'm happy to drive down from home in Bromley on Sunday but I run the risk of there being no tickets left.

You will be fine to get in on the day.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:14 - Sep 16 with 11794 viewsepaul

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:59 - Sep 16 by legoman

Youll be fine

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:26 - Sep 16 with 11781 viewslegoman

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:14 - Sep 16 by epaul

Youll be fine

Thanks, mate. Appreciate your help.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:28 - Sep 16 with 11778 viewslegoman

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:58 - Sep 16 by jackharris

You will be fine to get in on the day.

Thanks, seems to be the case! Let's hope for a win.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:16 - Sep 16 with 11671 viewsbuilthjack

Could be a few hundred purchasing tickets on the day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024