Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Bradley Playing style? 14:38 - Oct 3 with 8336 viewsHugeEnkins

I know the entire world is in meltdown right now, but does anyone know what sort of playing style we can expect?

This is all I have found so far;

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10020754/who-is-new-swansea-boss-bo

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:40 - Oct 3 with 6614 viewsSwaneeRiver

Maybe the guy's brighter than we think ?
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:44 - Oct 3 with 6580 viewsyescomeon

I came across this the other day and posted it in a thread the other day:

"Bob Bradley prefers a reactive (in opposed to proactive) style of football. He prefers to stay sound defensively by emphasizing pressure on the ball and his players staying disciplined and compact in their positioning, as opposed to pushing up the field or attempting risky passes.

He preferred a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1 formation, with two holding/defensive midfielders sitting in front of the four-man defense. He would use a bigger striker to hold up the ball for his overlapping outside midfielders (or wingbacks).

He was also known to use a 4-4-2 formation, often utilizing two strikers with different talents, a bigger, stronger holding forward and a faster, smaller attacking forward."

https://www.quora.com/How-does-J%C3%BCrgen-Klinsmanns-coaching-philosophy-differ

I assume that is a USA fans view and he may have changed his style since then. But the USA gig is the closest to managing a team at our level.

Upthecity!

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:45 - Oct 3 with 6571 viewsHugeEnkins

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:40 - Oct 3 by SwaneeRiver

Maybe the guy's brighter than we think ?

We live in hope, yeah. I'm keen to establish some facts though midst all the hatred towards the club/yanks/HJ as whether we like it or not, we're stuck with him now.
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:46 - Oct 3 with 6561 viewsvetchonian

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:44 - Oct 3 by yescomeon

"Bob Bradley prefers a reactive (in opposed to proactive) style of football. He prefers to stay sound defensively by emphasizing pressure on the ball and his players staying disciplined and compact in their positioning, as opposed to pushing up the field or attempting risky passes.

He preferred a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1 formation, with two holding/defensive midfielders sitting in front of the four-man defense. He would use a bigger striker to hold up the ball for his overlapping outside midfielders (or wingbacks).

He was also known to use a 4-4-2 formation, often utilizing two strikers with different talents, a bigger, stronger holding forward and a faster, smaller attacking forward."

https://www.quora.com/How-does-J%C3%BCrgen-Klinsmanns-coaching-philosophy-differ

I assume that is a USA fans view and he may have changed his style since then. But the USA gig is the closest to managing a team at our level.

sounds like Monkball all over again....focus on shape rather then possesion or playing the ball

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:47 - Oct 3 with 6544 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dont get excited. Its dour, conservative stuff. The opposite to what we had under Laudrup. Its geared for Championship football.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:48 - Oct 3 with 6528 viewsHugeEnkins

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:44 - Oct 3 by yescomeon

Thanks for that!

Not too dissimilar to what we were previously used to then.

If he can solidify the back 4 then adopt width we might be able to adjust back to a previous style we adopted which got us success.
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:48 - Oct 3 with 6522 viewsSunnyBankJack

This is from his factfile on the official site:

"Bradley’s aim will be to produce a Swans team playing the sort of high-tempo, high-intensity possession game which has brought the club so much success in their recent history"

Don't know how true any of that is obviously....
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:49 - Oct 3 with 6503 viewsHugeEnkins

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:47 - Oct 3 by PozuelosSideys

Dont get excited. Its dour, conservative stuff. The opposite to what we had under Laudrup. Its geared for Championship football.

Excited isn't a word I'd use to describe this. 'Perplexed' is. I'm just trying to understand what we're letting ourselves in for, yet again.
Login to get fewer ads

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:49 - Oct 3 with 6493 viewsvetchonian

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:48 - Oct 3 by HugeEnkins

Thanks for that!

Not too dissimilar to what we were previously used to then.

If he can solidify the back 4 then adopt width we might be able to adjust back to a previous style we adopted which got us success.

where does he find the players from our squad to get to that?
Even Curt last season played a different way to accomodate the strenghts of what he had at his disposal.....Jeff and MO cant play that sort of game

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:56 - Oct 3 with 6437 viewsHugeEnkins

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:49 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

where does he find the players from our squad to get to that?
Even Curt last season played a different way to accomodate the strenghts of what he had at his disposal.....Jeff and MO cant play that sort of game

I have no answer for you. I guess we're going to find out soon enough.
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:56 - Oct 3 with 6433 viewsjack247

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:46 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

sounds like Monkball all over again....focus on shape rather then possesion or playing the ball

Very much sounds like Monkball. At least we have players suited to that type of game I guess. Not a massive positive though
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:56 - Oct 3 with 6433 viewsyescomeon

Having just read the article in the OP, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep with the diamond. It makes out he is adaptable, and that is the formation best suited to the players at our disposal.

Upthecity!

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:58 - Oct 3 with 6400 viewsjack247

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:48 - Oct 3 by SunnyBankJack

This is from his factfile on the official site:

"Bradley’s aim will be to produce a Swans team playing the sort of high-tempo, high-intensity possession game which has brought the club so much success in their recent history"

Don't know how true any of that is obviously....

If he can do that with the players we have at the moment, he is a footballing genius.

My bet is that he can't
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:58 - Oct 3 with 6399 viewsvetchonian

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:56 - Oct 3 by yescomeon

Having just read the article in the OP, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep with the diamond. It makes out he is adaptable, and that is the formation best suited to the players at our disposal.

SO what does he bring different to Guido?

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:04 - Oct 3 with 6348 viewsyescomeon

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:58 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

Absolutely no idea, I would never have hired him. But I'm not in charge.

Upthecity!

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:06 - Oct 3 with 6321 viewsvetchonian

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:04 - Oct 3 by yescomeon

Absolutely no idea, I would never have hired him. But I'm not in charge.

I worry more that the Yanks have always wanted a Yank involved possibly DOnovan but he shyed away knowing it was beyond him and possibly refeered Bradley...

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:06 - Oct 3 with 6318 viewsjack247

He doesn't bring any kind of track record at this level, or a reputation for playing the right way. Guidolin had both and we saw how hard he found it. Good luck Bob
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:08 - Oct 3 with 6285 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wake up. Bradley is a 'Yes' man. Hes appointed because hes a Yank. This is what they do. Its got p2ss all to do with his credentials.

Jobs for the boys innit. Just this time they arent from Swansea.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:09 - Oct 3 with 6263 viewsmax936

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 14:47 - Oct 3 by PozuelosSideys

Championship you say, Bartley, Dyer new 4 yr contracts Mmmm.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:10 - Oct 3 with 6250 viewsHugeEnkins

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:08 - Oct 3 by PozuelosSideys

Wake up. Bradley is a 'Yes' man. Hes appointed because hes a Yank. This is what they do. Its got p2ss all to do with his credentials.

Jobs for the boys innit. Just this time they arent from Swansea.

Not necessarily disputing any of that. I was more interested in trying to get back to the football side of things and establishing what we might expect from our new leader.
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:13 - Oct 3 with 6211 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:10 - Oct 3 by HugeEnkins

Not necessarily disputing any of that. I was more interested in trying to get back to the football side of things and establishing what we might expect from our new leader.

Probably a good idea to keep expectations as low as possible imo

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:22 - Oct 3 with 6131 viewsJACKARSE

'This is a 58-year-old whose managerial career reads as follows: Ohio Bobcats, Princeton Tigers, Chicago Fire, MetroStars, Chivas USA, United Staes, Egypt, Stabaek, Le Havre.'

Feckin joke ..... Bob Hope or No Hope ....
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:30 - Oct 3 with 6039 viewswaynekerr55

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 15:22 - Oct 3 by JACKARSE

'This is a 58-year-old whose managerial career reads as follows: Ohio Bobcats, Princeton Tigers, Chicago Fire, MetroStars, Chivas USA, United Staes, Egypt, Stabaek, Le Havre.'

Feckin joke ..... Bob Hope or No Hope ....

I wonder if he subscribes to the Klinsmann "Run Forest, run!" approach. If so we are truly f*cked

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 16:07 - Oct 3 with 5863 viewsnierika

Negative Nancys......Negative Nancys everywhere!

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/10/03/what-does-bradleys-hiring-at-swansea-mean
Bob Bradley Playing style? on 16:17 - Oct 3 with 5777 viewsyescomeon

Bob Bradley Playing style? on 16:07 - Oct 3 by nierika

Negative Nancys......Negative Nancys everywhere!

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/10/03/what-does-bradleys-hiring-at-swansea-mean

His nationality may have got in the way before but it's what got him this job.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024