Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Me playing devil's advocate ! 23:57 - Oct 3 with 2258 viewsBarryTownSwam

Just a few points.... Just putting them out there for discussion..

1 - was Guido's grovelling apology to Taylor the act that sealed his fate ? Like, did the board perceive him as weak and pandering to players? Should a manager simply say (in public) "I am the manager, I am paid to make decisions & I am the one who carries the responsibility for those decisions. I don't have to explain them to a player, especially one who hasn't trained or played thus season". Bradley has a reputation for discipline and strong leadership. You can't have a weak manager !

2 - are the board being 'ruthless' and not shying away from making tough decisions ? In my opinion it's about time we had a board prepared to make a tough call and not namby pamby around being scared of the local PR

3 - Is the HJ comment "we are happy with the summer additions" a coded way of saying Guido had failed to get the best out of the current squad ? I believe we have a weak 'squad' but have more than enough quality to stay up at a canter. Guido's tactics and team selections did not utilise the players and that had to be addressed.

4 - we will stay up with 44+ points

[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 0:02]
Me playing devil's advocate ! on 00:00 - Oct 4 with 2243 viewsPozuelosSideys

- No

- Its ruthless, but its also very reckless. PR matters, especially with your own fans

- Jenkins is the patsy doing the dirty work. Hes next out the door.

- By miles

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 00:09 - Oct 4 with 2213 viewsJackFish

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 00:00 - Oct 4 by PozuelosSideys

- No

- Its ruthless, but its also very reckless. PR matters, especially with your own fans

- By miles

- No.

"In my opinion it's about time we had a board prepared to make a tough call and not namby pamby around without being scare of the PR."

They sacked Laudrup and Monk when the time came despite pretty much the whole national media being against the decisions, I don't think that's the case at all.

- Agree with Poz about Jenkins, I thought he'd been kept on to run the football side of the things but looks like he doesn't even have a say in that.

- Definitely not convinced that we've got enough quality to stay up "at a canter". Where? Who?
Me playing devil's advocate ! on 07:05 - Oct 4 with 2060 viewsClinton

4. Bradley is totally untried at this level. It could be a case of lions led by a donkey. We could easily be relegated along with Sunderland and Hull. I hope I'm wrong, but fear the worse.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 07:17 - Oct 4 with 2015 viewsBigPhilG

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 00:00 - Oct 4 by PozuelosSideys

- No

- By miles

This

Great post
Me playing devil's advocate ! on 08:30 - Oct 4 with 1874 viewsItchySphincter

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 07:05 - Oct 4 by Clinton

4. Bradley is totally untried at this level. It could be a case of lions led by a donkey. We could easily be relegated along with Sunderland and Hull. I hope I'm wrong, but fear the worse.

Well judging by the application shown so far this season if BB turns out to be a donkey it'll be a case of donkey's being led by a donkey.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 08:44 - Oct 4 with 1825 viewsPrivate_Partz

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 07:05 - Oct 4 by Clinton

This is the major problem. Under Frankie would have stayed up. It would have been close, and not much attractive football, but we would have done it.
Appointing Boo is reckless and doing things on the cheap combined as a result of the very little football knowledge of the Shermans.
This Boo guy seems a bit of a self opinionated little sh!t. I hope I am wrong but if this is the case then it is the last type of person we need coming in. The dressing room could be lost in weeks.
In such circumstances the only way is down unless we sack him. We would be they be viewed as a complete basket case and no one will come here leaving poor Curt, ageing by the minute, and doing his best in a hopeless task.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 09:30 - Oct 4 with 1733 viewsSwanson

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 08:44 - Oct 4 by Private_Partz

This is the major problem. Under Frankie would have stayed up. It would have been close, and not much attractive football, but we would have done it.
Appointing Boo is reckless and doing things on the cheap combined as a result of the very little football knowledge of the Shermans.
This Boo guy seems a bit of a self opinionated little sh!t. I hope I am wrong but if this is the case then it is the last type of person we need coming in. The dressing room could be lost in weeks.
In such circumstances the only way is down unless we sack him. We would be they be viewed as a complete basket case and no one will come here leaving poor Curt, ageing by the minute, and doing his best in a hopeless task.

I'm not sure how you can say we would've stayed up under Guidolin. We've played the worst football we've seen since getting to the Premier League and even our better performances have come in periods of games rather than full 90 minutes. Although we've hard difficult fixtures we've struggled against the likes of Hull and Burnley which are among two of the worst teams in the league.
Me playing devil's advocate ! on 09:47 - Oct 4 with 1707 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'll say what I said to others. Laudrup deserved to go and we got rid just in time. Monk deserved to go and we got rid far too late. The similarity between these two was everything started to go downhill but never looked to show any sign of recovery.

Guidolin has gone way too early ESPECIALLY in the context of the last two games which have seen a massive improvement in play overall. I'm prepared to get behind Bradley but the decision really is wildly reckless and naive.
Login to get fewer ads

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 10:14 - Oct 4 with 1663 viewsWxmJax

^^^
This

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 10:32 - Oct 4 with 1626 viewsCatullus

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 09:47 - Oct 4 by TheKirkyLife

I'll say what I said to others. Laudrup deserved to go and we got rid just in time. Monk deserved to go and we got rid far too late. The similarity between these two was everything started to go downhill but never looked to show any sign of recovery.

Guidolin has gone way too early ESPECIALLY in the context of the last two games which have seen a massive improvement in play overall. I'm prepared to get behind Bradley but the decision really is wildly reckless and naive.

This for me too. We treated Guidolin very badly and I think, given time and proper support he'd have turned it around and kept us up.

The only real option, I guess, is (coming down off the fence) to get behinf Bradley and hope like hell it turns out to have been a wise move.
Bradley has a rea job on now. He has to get the players behind him. He needs to get Siggy back into games, creatively I mean. He's worked his socks off but not created as much as we know he can. He has to get us playing for the full 90, not just the patches that, although good football, aren't enough to win games. There's more, but you all know that.
It has to be a case of "the king is dead......." and we move on, however uncomfortable it feels.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Me playing devil's advocate ! on 10:33 - Oct 4 with 1620 viewsnavyjack

Dont know how the board saw it but I think it was definitely the beginning of the end. Apologising more or less pandered to the welsh national team luvvies (Wathan/Rob Phillips et al), it also displayed a weakness that Ki attempted to take advantage of. As much as I quite liked FG, the Taylor thing left a bad taste.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024