Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradley's first training session 17:18 - Oct 6 with 14287 viewsTummer_from_Texas

No bad background music for a change - we get audio this time. Intense fella.

[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 17:29]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bradley's first training session on 20:28 - Oct 6 with 2295 viewsJango

The bloke has spent years and years, even moving to a war torn country to try and get his big chance. He's earned his chance and I'm glad we've given it to him. If he can instill his commitment into the players we'll be ok because we have the quality.
Bradley's first training session on 20:29 - Oct 6 with 2291 viewsWarwickHunt

Bradley's first training session on 20:27 - Oct 6 by Murph75

Evening sweet heart x

Sweetheart is one word, thick c*nt.

Stop digging...
Bradley's first training session on 20:29 - Oct 6 with 2286 viewsnierika

Bob Bradley discusses first few days at Swansea City:

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/10/06/bob-bradley-discusses-first-few-days-at-s
Bradley's first training session on 20:32 - Oct 6 with 2250 viewsMurph75

Bradley's first training session on 20:29 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

Sweetheart is one word, thick c*nt.

Stop digging...

Do you mean dogging, sweet cheeks?
Bradley's first training session on 20:36 - Oct 6 with 2230 viewsWarwickHunt

Bradley's first training session on 20:32 - Oct 6 by Murph75

Do you mean dogging, sweet cheeks?

You are Bobby Davro and I claim my five pounds.
Bradley's first training session on 20:37 - Oct 6 with 2224 viewsMurph75

Bradley's first training session on 20:36 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

You are Bobby Davro and I claim my five pounds.

Oh your are a tease. You're so sweet when we're together.
Bradley's first training session on 20:43 - Oct 6 with 2174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bradley's first training session on 20:29 - Oct 6 by nierika

Bob Bradley discusses first few days at Swansea City:

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/10/06/bob-bradley-discusses-first-few-days-at-s

Can't view it in the UK.
Bradley's first training session on 20:45 - Oct 6 with 2164 viewsMurph75

Bradley's first training session on 20:43 - Oct 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Can't view it in the UK.

The transcript of the video is underneath.
Login to get fewer ads

Bradley's first training session on 20:45 - Oct 6 with 2163 viewsJackTheLad

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Bradley's first training session on 20:46 - Oct 6 with 2152 viewsOldjack

Can't view it in the UK.

i can, and i live in Wales

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bradley's first training session on 20:52 - Oct 6 with 2121 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bradley's first training session on 20:46 - Oct 6 by Oldjack

i can, and i live in Wales

I am in Killay and get
"Geographic Restriction
This content is not available in your location. "
Bradley's first training session on 20:54 - Oct 6 with 2113 viewsMurph75

Bradley's first training session on 20:52 - Oct 6 by A_Fans_Dad

I am in Killay and get
"Geographic Restriction

That's Killay for you.

Works for me and I'm in Wales.
Bradley's first training session on 20:56 - Oct 6 with 2091 viewsTrundle10

Bradley's first training session on 20:52 - Oct 6 by A_Fans_Dad

I am in Killay and get
"Geographic Restriction

Its crap dont waste your time
Bradley's first training session on 21:08 - Oct 6 with 2023 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Can't view it in the UK.

Bob Bradley discusses first few days at Swansea City
Leave a comment
By Joe Prince-WrightOct 6, 2016, 3:16 PM EDT

Bob Bradley is settling in at Swansea City following his first days as a Premier League manager.

[ STREAM: Every PL game live online ]

In an exclusive chat with ProSoccerTalk, Bradley spoke in length about his first few days at Swansea’s training ground, plus the decision to leave Le Havre in France’s second-tier and what this opportunity means for American coaches in the future.

Bradley, 58, became the first-ever American to coach in the Premier League when he took the Swansea job on Monday and ahead of his first press conference as Swans boss on Friday, he revealed just how big of a deal it was him personally to move to the PL and pits his wits against some of the best coaches on the planet.

“The Premier League speaks for itself. If you look at the managers who are now in the Premier League and how for any manager the challenge of working in the Premier League is something to shoot for, of course, in that moment, that is an opportunity that means a great deal,” Bradley said. “Those were the discussions I had with Vince Volpe [Le Havre’s owner] and appreciate that he understood that. This is the first time I have ever left a team during a season because I think when everyone knows that when I’m in, I’m there to try and steer that team to the goal. This time, when you add everything up, I go back to one important thing and that’s what Swansea City Football Club is all about. I am excited and the people here have been so welcoming.”

[ MORE: Watch full PL match replays ]

The American coach will manage in the PL for the first time against Arsenal on Oct. 15 (Watch live, 10 a.m. ET online via NBC Sports) e revealed that negotiations with Swansea happened swiftly following an initial chat and once their interest in his services became clear, it was go time.

“As is so often the case everything happened very quickly. I was completely focused on the team with Le Havre and we had a stretch of very good training as we were getting ready for the Sochaux match and then everything started to develop quickly,” Bradley revealed. “When that happens there’s no real sense of timing. There’s no real sense of what’s happening. It is usually just a starting point where a club is sizing up it’s situation and understand if they need, at some point, to make a move and what are the options. The quick first discussions are just the kind of discussions where you hear a little bit about the situation for the club and they try to find out a little about how you think and how you do things, and again I’ve done that many, many times.

“You continue with your regular work. Of course, it’s football. At that point there’s no real sense if any of it is leading anywhere but even for the future those kind of discussions are always important and it is way people get to you know if that any point down the road there’s a change then maybe your a name and maybe you’ve made an impression and that means something to them. In this case it just meant that things changed quickly and they were now thinking about a change and at that point it was really a couple of days and I was pleased with the situation.”

[ MORE: Latest Premier League standings ]

With many influential figures and fans in the U.S. soccer community hailing Bradley’s hiring as a landmark moment for soccer in the USA, Bradley is grateful of all the support he receives back home.

[ MORE: US soccer reacts to Bradley’s new gig ]

That said, he’s a realistic enough to know that doesn’t mean much on the ground in Swansea. He needs to be successful and win the respect of his players, staff and fans in and around the Liberty Stadium. That’s the first big challenge for the former U.S. national team head coach.

“This point is very important. I know that this part of the story is important for the game in the United States. It has always been a battle for coaches and players to earn respect. That’s never been the reason that I’ve done things but I’ve always understood that’s part of the responsibility. But, that story doesn’t mean one thing here,” Bradley said. “The only thing that matters here, like I said, you have people who love Swansea City Football Club. People who live and breath for the club. I’ve never called myself and an ‘American manager’ I’m just trying to be the best manager I can. I appreciate the story in the United States but I also understand and agree that here it is just about the club and for me earning respect with the players, earning respect with the supporters and making sure the team which steps on the field every week is the team all of those incredible supporters can be proud of. That’s the responsibility and I’m excited for the opportunity.”

[ MORE: What does this mean for American soccer? ]

Earlier this week Bradley took charge of his final game in charge of Le Havre, as he left with a win and leaves them three points off top spot in Ligue 2.

As he mentioned, this is the first time Bradley has ever left a team during the season in his lengthy coaching career but he felt like the chance was just too good to turn down.

“In a perfect world I would’ve wanted to finish the season, just like last year, go to the finish line, and do everything to get Le Havre to Ligue 1. Everyone knows we missed by a goal last year. The idea to grow throughout the season and get to the end and still be fighting for Ligue 1, that’s what we had discussed and worked for from the first day of preseason. It’s football and you don’t control timing and sometimes opportunities come up,” Bradley explained. “It leads to quick discussions inside Le Havre. I have full resect for Vince Volpe and I appreciate the discussions that took place over the course of a couple of days. I was pleased we could finish with a win. I felt like after 10 games at Le Havre we were three points out of first place, fifth overall and still moving in a good direction. Once you feel like that has been finished properly then it is a rapid fire transition into a new situation.”

[ MORE: What next for Bradley? ]

How do you even go about entering a new situation at a Premier League club and meeting all the important people, plus making your own stamp on the club, in such a short space of time?

“Again it’s the ability to start to get an idea how the club works. Who are the key people on the technical side, how do other people things get done? Get a sense of what training has been like. What is their every day schedule like? What’s been working? What needs change? Start to talk a little bit with players and start to get feedback. You go in and very quickly you’ve got to start to decide how are we going to begin this process? At that point it is not that every decision is final, you can always adjust. Those initial days are critical for me. You only get one chance to sort of get thing off on the right foot. A lot goes into the early days. People in the club, this part has been fantastic.”

Bradley also spoke about how his experiences with tiny Norwegian side Stabaek feel very similar to his early days at Swansea.

Stabaek had little money but plenty of passion and in two seasons from 2014 the New Jersey native took them to the Europa League after they had just been promoted to the Tippeligaen.

“It reminds me a little bit of when I went to Stabaek,” Bradley said of his early days in South Wales. “When I had the first discussion, the impression I got at Stabaek was that there were a group of people and 20 something years ago they had this idea that they could go to the fifth league to the fourth league and take their little club and get to Tippeligaen. They did it. At a certain point a few things didn’t work out on the business side and financially the roof caved on. As I arrived the team hit rock bottom, they had gone down to the second league and had just gained promotion. Financially there were issues. What impressed me at Stabaek at that moment was that the same people who were there at the beginning were still there. They hadn’t disappeared. They still hadn’t lost track of that initial dream. I got an initial sense of how good those people were and how passionate they were for the club and how the supporters who had been there since day one had never lost faith. My first impression was that these are the people I want to work with.”

“When I heard first about Swansea, I knew a little bit about the history of the club. I certainly knew in recent years the football has been good and they’ve had some very good managers. There’s a great documentary called “Jack to a King” and what is all about is another version of what I saw at Stabaek. It’s people at a certain point when the club needed help, they put up money and kept the club alive and how important this club is to the community. Since I’ve been here I’ve met just great people, people who have been involved at this club for a long time. The only thing I say in every case is that I’m proud to be here and I will do everything to fit in with the passion they have for the club. I will do everything to be part of that and to try to make a team they can all be proud of. I’ve always enjoyed working in these kind of situations. This opportunity with a club like Swansea, for me it is incredibly special.”

JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 18: Bob Bradley head coach of the USA looks thoughtful during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group C match between Slovenia and USA at Ellis Park Stadium on June 18, 2010 in Johannesburg, South Africa. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

Bradley is keen on trying to develop a special environment quickly at Swansea’s training ground and revealed his previous trips to Manchester United’s Carrington training base to visit Sir Alex Ferguson have always stayed with him.

He hopes to create that same family feel at Swansea in the coming months.

“I have always talked about when I was the U.S. national team coach, what it was like when I’d go to Carrington. What always struck me was how with all the great players and all the success, how Sir Alex’s personality was all over every part of the club,” Bradley revealed. “He knew everyone’s name and how he would joke with people in the kitchen. People sometimes from the outside have opinions of me but if anybody took the time to talk to equipment men and women I’ve worked with, medical stuff, assistant coaches, behind-the-scenes it has always been important to me to understand to make sure that every one of those people knows how important they are. How to joke with them. How to thank them. For me, this is for me how you establish within a club how you treat people, how everybody’s opinion counts. You try to lead the way in making sure that’s a place where people are excited to come everyday.

“I’ve done it everywhere. I did it at Princeton, many friends that were part of Princeton soccer I still hear from today. Every stop of the way in MLS, with the national team and then it’s been interesting for me in Egypt, Norway, France, you don’t have to change your way of doing things. Even when the language isn’t perfect. You find other ways. You engage people. You find out about their families. You make it so that people are excited to come and be part of something. The thing that I have enjoyed in the first few days here is that as I do that, I get the sense that counts a lot here and people appreciate that. We are off and running, there’s a lot to do but that’s what the first days have been like.”

What about the situation he has inherited at Swansea?

With four points from their opening seven games of the Premier League season, there’s a sense that the Swans are sinking fast, as Francesco Guidolin‘s firing and a 17th place in the table suggests.

However, with defeats to Liverpool, Leicester City and Manchester City, plus a draw against Chelsea, they’ve had some very tough games to start the season. Bradley’s main aim is to get them moving in the right direction again and then go from there.

“Without a doubt, it was a tough set of fixtures early on. Without a doubt the team hit a run of bad luck,” Bradley said. “I have never met Francesco Guidolin but I’ve always heard he’s a really good man and obviously his football career as a manager speaks for itself. Sometimes when that happens, a team losing a little bit of confidence, it is not about coming in with a new plan. It is about restoring some confidence. It is about reestablishing some good habits. That is what the early days are all about. You need to make sure the players feel good. With the right kind of work and right kind of refocusing, we are going to get some confidence again and we are going to push ourselves forward. That’s been the message but it has to be carried out in the form of good work and good training. After a couple of days that’s the direction we are going in.”

Follow @JPW_NBCSports
Tags: Bob Bradley, Premier League, Swansea City, Francesco Guidolin, Sir Alex Ferguson

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bradley's first training session on 21:14 - Oct 6 with 1985 viewsTummer_from_Texas

(Another story that was linked to that one, with comments)

What next for Bob Bradley? Looking at Swansea’s schedule
3 Comments
By Joe Prince-WrightOct 4, 2016, 10:27 AM EDT

Knowing Bob Bradley, it is very likely he’s already done all his prep work diligently from afar ahead of his arrival at Swansea City.

[ MORE: Key US figures react ]

Bradley, 58, was announced as the Swans’ new boss on Monday as he became the first-ever American to coach in the Premier League. Bradley’s first objective is to steady the ship at the Liberty Stadium with Swansea currently sitting in 17th spot in the PL with just four points accumulated from their opening seven games.

[ MORE: Major moment for U.S. Soccer ]

What lies ahead for the New Jersey native as he looks to hit the ground running in the Premier League?

Here’s a look at Swansea’s next six PL games, all of which you can watch online via NBC Sports, plus a longer look at what Bradley faces.

Swansea’s next six Premier League games

October 15: Arsenal (Away)
October 22: Watford (Home)
October 31: Stoke City (Away)
November 6: Manchester United (Home)
November 19: Everton (Away)
November 26: Crystal Palace (Home)

Analysis

Three of these games will be very tough for Bradley but the other three are very winnable. It certainly helps that the Swans are no longer in the EFL Cup so until January the only focus Bradley has is on the Premier League.

[ VIDEO: Premier League highlights ]

When it comes to the opening game against red-hot Arsenal, a point would be a huge result on the road at the Emirates Stadium, although the Swans have had Arsenal’s number in recent seasons, winning their last two and unbeaten in three games at Arsenal. The home game against Manchester United and trip to Everton will be tough encounters for the Swans to get anything from but Bradley will be eyeing nine points from the games against Watford and Crystal Palace at home, plus a trip to struggling Stoke City. Even if he gets seven points from those three games and can nick one draw from the games against Arsenal, Man United and Everton, that wouldn’t be a bad opening run.

[ MORE: Premier League schedule ]

It must be said, a pivotal stretch in deciding which way Swansea’s season will go looks to be throughout December.

From Dec. 10-31 they face Sunderland, West Brom, Middlesbrough, West Ham and Bournemouth. That’s a very favorable stretch of games and if Bradley comes through that with plenty of points (say, 12) then just keeping Swansea up may not be the aim in the second half of the season. There’s a lot of work to do between now and the start of 2017 but with Swansea already playing Leicester, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool this season, Bradley has a chance to get his reign at the Liberty Stadium off to a very positive start in the next few months with, at least on paper, some very winnable games.

Expect to see the Star Spangled Banner all around the Liberty Stadium by this time next month…

Tags: Bob Bradley, Premier League, Swansea City
View 3 Comments

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!

granadafan
October 4, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Every single loss and mistake will be magnified by the skeptical Brits who never ever want an American coach.

Rate This

boroteesside
October 5, 2016 at 8:51 AM

“Expect to see the star spangled banner all around the liberty stadium by this time next month” — and soon after this… the us national anthem played before every home game!?!

Rate This

Joe Prince-Wright
October 5, 2016 at 9:26 AM

Yes. Exactly. And obviously the next step will be to rename the “franchise” the “Swansea Swans”…

You could tell the slight hint of sarcasm in the final sentence of the article, right!?

Rate This

Bradley's first training session on 21:16 - Oct 6 with 1971 viewslonglostjack

Bradley's first training session on 21:08 - Oct 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Bob Bradley discusses first few days at Swansea City
Leave a comment
By Joe Prince-WrightOct 6, 2016, 3:16 PM EDT

Bob Bradley is settling in at Swansea City following his first days as a Premier League manager.

[ STREAM: Every PL game live online ]

In an exclusive chat with ProSoccerTalk, Bradley spoke in length about his first few days at Swansea’s training ground, plus the decision to leave Le Havre in France’s second-tier and what this opportunity means for American coaches in the future.

Bradley, 58, became the first-ever American to coach in the Premier League when he took the Swansea job on Monday and ahead of his first press conference as Swans boss on Friday, he revealed just how big of a deal it was him personally to move to the PL and pits his wits against some of the best coaches on the planet.

“The Premier League speaks for itself. If you look at the managers who are now in the Premier League and how for any manager the challenge of working in the Premier League is something to shoot for, of course, in that moment, that is an opportunity that means a great deal,” Bradley said. “Those were the discussions I had with Vince Volpe [Le Havre’s owner] and appreciate that he understood that. This is the first time I have ever left a team during a season because I think when everyone knows that when I’m in, I’m there to try and steer that team to the goal. This time, when you add everything up, I go back to one important thing and that’s what Swansea City Football Club is all about. I am excited and the people here have been so welcoming.”

[ MORE: Watch full PL match replays ]

The American coach will manage in the PL for the first time against Arsenal on Oct. 15 (Watch live, 10 a.m. ET online via NBC Sports) e revealed that negotiations with Swansea happened swiftly following an initial chat and once their interest in his services became clear, it was go time.

“As is so often the case everything happened very quickly. I was completely focused on the team with Le Havre and we had a stretch of very good training as we were getting ready for the Sochaux match and then everything started to develop quickly,” Bradley revealed. “When that happens there’s no real sense of timing. There’s no real sense of what’s happening. It is usually just a starting point where a club is sizing up it’s situation and understand if they need, at some point, to make a move and what are the options. The quick first discussions are just the kind of discussions where you hear a little bit about the situation for the club and they try to find out a little about how you think and how you do things, and again I’ve done that many, many times.

“You continue with your regular work. Of course, it’s football. At that point there’s no real sense if any of it is leading anywhere but even for the future those kind of discussions are always important and it is way people get to you know if that any point down the road there’s a change then maybe your a name and maybe you’ve made an impression and that means something to them. In this case it just meant that things changed quickly and they were now thinking about a change and at that point it was really a couple of days and I was pleased with the situation.”

[ MORE: Latest Premier League standings ]

With many influential figures and fans in the U.S. soccer community hailing Bradley’s hiring as a landmark moment for soccer in the USA, Bradley is grateful of all the support he receives back home.

[ MORE: US soccer reacts to Bradley’s new gig ]

That said, he’s a realistic enough to know that doesn’t mean much on the ground in Swansea. He needs to be successful and win the respect of his players, staff and fans in and around the Liberty Stadium. That’s the first big challenge for the former U.S. national team head coach.

“This point is very important. I know that this part of the story is important for the game in the United States. It has always been a battle for coaches and players to earn respect. That’s never been the reason that I’ve done things but I’ve always understood that’s part of the responsibility. But, that story doesn’t mean one thing here,” Bradley said. “The only thing that matters here, like I said, you have people who love Swansea City Football Club. People who live and breath for the club. I’ve never called myself and an ‘American manager’ I’m just trying to be the best manager I can. I appreciate the story in the United States but I also understand and agree that here it is just about the club and for me earning respect with the players, earning respect with the supporters and making sure the team which steps on the field every week is the team all of those incredible supporters can be proud of. That’s the responsibility and I’m excited for the opportunity.”

[ MORE: What does this mean for American soccer? ]

Earlier this week Bradley took charge of his final game in charge of Le Havre, as he left with a win and leaves them three points off top spot in Ligue 2.

As he mentioned, this is the first time Bradley has ever left a team during the season in his lengthy coaching career but he felt like the chance was just too good to turn down.

“In a perfect world I would’ve wanted to finish the season, just like last year, go to the finish line, and do everything to get Le Havre to Ligue 1. Everyone knows we missed by a goal last year. The idea to grow throughout the season and get to the end and still be fighting for Ligue 1, that’s what we had discussed and worked for from the first day of preseason. It’s football and you don’t control timing and sometimes opportunities come up,” Bradley explained. “It leads to quick discussions inside Le Havre. I have full resect for Vince Volpe and I appreciate the discussions that took place over the course of a couple of days. I was pleased we could finish with a win. I felt like after 10 games at Le Havre we were three points out of first place, fifth overall and still moving in a good direction. Once you feel like that has been finished properly then it is a rapid fire transition into a new situation.”

[ MORE: What next for Bradley? ]

How do you even go about entering a new situation at a Premier League club and meeting all the important people, plus making your own stamp on the club, in such a short space of time?

“Again it’s the ability to start to get an idea how the club works. Who are the key people on the technical side, how do other people things get done? Get a sense of what training has been like. What is their every day schedule like? What’s been working? What needs change? Start to talk a little bit with players and start to get feedback. You go in and very quickly you’ve got to start to decide how are we going to begin this process? At that point it is not that every decision is final, you can always adjust. Those initial days are critical for me. You only get one chance to sort of get thing off on the right foot. A lot goes into the early days. People in the club, this part has been fantastic.”

Bradley also spoke about how his experiences with tiny Norwegian side Stabaek feel very similar to his early days at Swansea.

Stabaek had little money but plenty of passion and in two seasons from 2014 the New Jersey native took them to the Europa League after they had just been promoted to the Tippeligaen.

“It reminds me a little bit of when I went to Stabaek,” Bradley said of his early days in South Wales. “When I had the first discussion, the impression I got at Stabaek was that there were a group of people and 20 something years ago they had this idea that they could go to the fifth league to the fourth league and take their little club and get to Tippeligaen. They did it. At a certain point a few things didn’t work out on the business side and financially the roof caved on. As I arrived the team hit rock bottom, they had gone down to the second league and had just gained promotion. Financially there were issues. What impressed me at Stabaek at that moment was that the same people who were there at the beginning were still there. They hadn’t disappeared. They still hadn’t lost track of that initial dream. I got an initial sense of how good those people were and how passionate they were for the club and how the supporters who had been there since day one had never lost faith. My first impression was that these are the people I want to work with.”

“When I heard first about Swansea, I knew a little bit about the history of the club. I certainly knew in recent years the football has been good and they’ve had some very good managers. There’s a great documentary called “Jack to a King” and what is all about is another version of what I saw at Stabaek. It’s people at a certain point when the club needed help, they put up money and kept the club alive and how important this club is to the community. Since I’ve been here I’ve met just great people, people who have been involved at this club for a long time. The only thing I say in every case is that I’m proud to be here and I will do everything to fit in with the passion they have for the club. I will do everything to be part of that and to try to make a team they can all be proud of. I’ve always enjoyed working in these kind of situations. This opportunity with a club like Swansea, for me it is incredibly special.”

JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 18: Bob Bradley head coach of the USA looks thoughtful during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Group C match between Slovenia and USA at Ellis Park Stadium on June 18, 2010 in Johannesburg, South Africa. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

Bradley is keen on trying to develop a special environment quickly at Swansea’s training ground and revealed his previous trips to Manchester United’s Carrington training base to visit Sir Alex Ferguson have always stayed with him.

He hopes to create that same family feel at Swansea in the coming months.

“I have always talked about when I was the U.S. national team coach, what it was like when I’d go to Carrington. What always struck me was how with all the great players and all the success, how Sir Alex’s personality was all over every part of the club,” Bradley revealed. “He knew everyone’s name and how he would joke with people in the kitchen. People sometimes from the outside have opinions of me but if anybody took the time to talk to equipment men and women I’ve worked with, medical stuff, assistant coaches, behind-the-scenes it has always been important to me to understand to make sure that every one of those people knows how important they are. How to joke with them. How to thank them. For me, this is for me how you establish within a club how you treat people, how everybody’s opinion counts. You try to lead the way in making sure that’s a place where people are excited to come everyday.

“I’ve done it everywhere. I did it at Princeton, many friends that were part of Princeton soccer I still hear from today. Every stop of the way in MLS, with the national team and then it’s been interesting for me in Egypt, Norway, France, you don’t have to change your way of doing things. Even when the language isn’t perfect. You find other ways. You engage people. You find out about their families. You make it so that people are excited to come and be part of something. The thing that I have enjoyed in the first few days here is that as I do that, I get the sense that counts a lot here and people appreciate that. We are off and running, there’s a lot to do but that’s what the first days have been like.”

What about the situation he has inherited at Swansea?

With four points from their opening seven games of the Premier League season, there’s a sense that the Swans are sinking fast, as Francesco Guidolin‘s firing and a 17th place in the table suggests.

However, with defeats to Liverpool, Leicester City and Manchester City, plus a draw against Chelsea, they’ve had some very tough games to start the season. Bradley’s main aim is to get them moving in the right direction again and then go from there.

“Without a doubt, it was a tough set of fixtures early on. Without a doubt the team hit a run of bad luck,” Bradley said. “I have never met Francesco Guidolin but I’ve always heard he’s a really good man and obviously his football career as a manager speaks for itself. Sometimes when that happens, a team losing a little bit of confidence, it is not about coming in with a new plan. It is about restoring some confidence. It is about reestablishing some good habits. That is what the early days are all about. You need to make sure the players feel good. With the right kind of work and right kind of refocusing, we are going to get some confidence again and we are going to push ourselves forward. That’s been the message but it has to be carried out in the form of good work and good training. After a couple of days that’s the direction we are going in.”

Follow @JPW_NBCSports
Tags: Bob Bradley, Premier League, Swansea City, Francesco Guidolin, Sir Alex Ferguson

Confidence? OK

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bradley's first training session on 21:36 - Oct 6 with 1904 viewsSmellyplumz

I think I'll wait until I see how he has the team on the pitch you know in a game like before a get a boner for him. Time will tell.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bradley's first training session on 21:42 - Oct 6 with 1882 viewsJango

Bradley's first training session on 21:36 - Oct 6 by Smellyplumz

I think I'll wait until I see how he has the team on the pitch you know in a game like before a get a boner for him. Time will tell.

Shame you haven't waited to see the team on the pitch before you've written him off
Bradley's first training session on 22:03 - Oct 6 with 1795 viewsSmellyplumz

Bradley's first training session on 21:42 - Oct 6 by Jango

Shame you haven't waited to see the team on the pitch before you've written him off

Shame you have fallen for all the bullshit before his team has kicked a ball.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bradley's first training session on 22:56 - Oct 6 with 1624 viewsAquinas

He says all the right things but look where Le Havre are in the league. Maybe clubs in division two in France can't afford translators?

I am not impressed with the manner of his appointment but I will be backing the swans in every single game and I hope he is a success. A lot is being made about many people dismissing him purely because he is American, thankfully that has been rubbished by many on here. If he succeeds here it will be commercially fantastic for the club.

The truth is if he has one good season with us he'll leave at the first opportunity. All his interviews talk about this being a momentous step for US football. If a team in the Champions League come after him he'll leave us and say exactly that he said to our press, to their press.

Bob Bradley will not be our manager in three years time. (feel free to bump on 06/10/2019)
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 22:57]
Bradley's first training session on 23:08 - Oct 6 with 1586 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Bradley's first training session on 22:56 - Oct 6 by Aquinas

He says all the right things but look where Le Havre are in the league. Maybe clubs in division two in France can't afford translators?

I am not impressed with the manner of his appointment but I will be backing the swans in every single game and I hope he is a success. A lot is being made about many people dismissing him purely because he is American, thankfully that has been rubbished by many on here. If he succeeds here it will be commercially fantastic for the club.

The truth is if he has one good season with us he'll leave at the first opportunity. All his interviews talk about this being a momentous step for US football. If a team in the Champions League come after him he'll leave us and say exactly that he said to our press, to their press.

Bob Bradley will not be our manager in three years time. (feel free to bump on 06/10/2019)
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 22:57]

They're 5th out of 20 clubs, 3 points from the top. They seem to have understood him OK.

Bradley's first training session on 23:15 - Oct 6 with 1546 viewsAquinas

Bradley's first training session on 23:08 - Oct 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

They're 5th out of 20 clubs, 3 points from the top. They seem to have understood him OK.

Before Monday this week (had Bob left them by then?) they hadn't won at home since the 5th august. They had also (before Monday) only scored two or more goals in a league game once since the start of August and that was a home draw.

I don't mean to deride Bradley but you really can't argue that he has a good CV. He may prove me wrong but it is a fact that he has a below par 'resume'. (trying not to use CV twice in the same paragraph)
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 23:16]
Bradley's first training session on 23:25 - Oct 6 with 1507 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Bradley's first training session on 23:15 - Oct 6 by Aquinas

Before Monday this week (had Bob left them by then?) they hadn't won at home since the 5th august. They had also (before Monday) only scored two or more goals in a league game once since the start of August and that was a home draw.

I don't mean to deride Bradley but you really can't argue that he has a good CV. He may prove me wrong but it is a fact that he has a below par 'resume'. (trying not to use CV twice in the same paragraph)
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 23:16]

They were 4-2-2 and in the top quarter of their table. Isn't that more important than how long they went between victories at home?

Bradley's first training session on 23:29 - Oct 6 with 1494 viewsMrSwerve

Hark at all the football coaching experts in here...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Bradley's first training session on 23:34 - Oct 6 with 1476 viewsharryhpalmer

Bradley's first training session on 23:25 - Oct 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

They were 4-2-2 and in the top quarter of their table. Isn't that more important than how long they went between victories at home?

boo Radley left them 5th in the table, 3pts off the top.
His CV may not look amazing - although he did have success for USA.

but who in our past managers had any track record before they came to us?

Roberto's CV was what?

Sousa's before Swansea? filled with success at QPR?

Rodgers had won what exactly? Sacked at Reading. Did nothing of note at Watford.

Laudrup? won some cups in Denmark. 1 season at Getafe. 1 at Moscow. 1 at Mallorca.

Monk...

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024