Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea 'characters' 16:50 - Oct 7 with 19908 viewsattila_the_hun

now that the legendary Tea Cosy Pete has gone who is the most 'famous'?
June the Prune, Peter Singh, Penhale the 'Model', Ten Bob, Warren Idiot, 'Singing' Alan Riley, Darran or someone i've missed out ?

"I'm Free"

Swansea 'characters' on 20:10 - Sep 14 with 2183 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea 'characters' on 07:53 - Sep 14 by BrynCartwright

I remember him well from when I was growing up as a kid in the Bont.

Imagine an Albert Steptoe lookalike dressed in old colliers boots and a filthy, falling apart WW1 trenchcoat 3 sizes to big for him that was tied up with string.

Every other word muttered under his breath was either feck or cant. as he shambled up or down St Teilo Street.

According to my old Dad he used to scrounge sarnies off a signalman at Bont railway station.

Ended up in the Hollies old peoples home after somebody eventually took pity on him.

He was indeed at the Hollies and was there the same time as my mother's aunt! In fact he tried (not an urban myth!) tried to do a runner from there once by hitching a ride on the back of a milk float.

Argus!

Swansea 'characters' on 20:23 - Sep 14 with 2166 viewsbonymine

Swansea 'characters' on 06:42 - Oct 8 by 1983

Anyone remember Ginger Albert used to go around travelling on the buses carrying a big radio and dressing like a bus driver, always standing by the bus driver in the 1980's-1990's a Health & Safety nightmare in modern day

Late 1980's a fella used to walk around Sketty/Uplands always covering his face with a newspaper....

The fella out every weekend on the p1ss in town who looked like Bobby Charlton? 1980's-1990's

I certainly remember the ginger guy with the radio & also the ‘smooth talking’ bald guy from town fair play he tried to chat up any bird who was ‘breathing’ in any of the Clubs game fukker 😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Swansea 'characters' on 13:14 - Jan 29 with 1893 viewsattila_the_hun

anyone else seen the tiny little Irish bloke that is usually in The Cross Keys drinking Brains Black? calls himself 'Irish Mick' and some of the bar people call him 'Magic Mike', he stinks of urine but he's the closest thing to a character Swansea has at the moment that I can think of

"I'm Free"

Swansea 'characters' on 15:44 - Jan 29 with 1814 viewspikeypaul

Swansea 'characters' on 13:14 - Jan 29 by attila_the_hun

anyone else seen the tiny little Irish bloke that is usually in The Cross Keys drinking Brains Black? calls himself 'Irish Mick' and some of the bar people call him 'Magic Mike', he stinks of urine but he's the closest thing to a character Swansea has at the moment that I can think of

He posts on this forum,goes by the name of Kilkenny .

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Swansea 'characters' on 13:48 - Jan 30 with 1694 viewsattila_the_hun

Swansea 'characters' on 15:44 - Jan 29 by pikeypaul

He posts on this forum,goes by the name of Kilkenny .

no wonder his posts are so awful, he's always drunk

"I'm Free"

Swansea 'characters' on 15:27 - Jan 30 with 1663 viewsjacktar

Swansea 'characters' on 17:32 - Oct 7 by raynor94

Leonard from Pennard

Despite the many made up names following your post Rayns. I certainly remember Leonard from Pennard, talk to anyone around the town centre around the 1970s if I remember correctly. Renowned for his whistling was Leonard.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Swansea 'characters' on 12:31 - Jan 31 with 1526 viewsEbo

Swansea 'characters' on 15:27 - Jan 30 by jacktar

Despite the many made up names following your post Rayns. I certainly remember Leonard from Pennard, talk to anyone around the town centre around the 1970s if I remember correctly. Renowned for his whistling was Leonard.

Leonard reminds me of that whistling character in the pub from "The Boys from the Blackstuff". The scene where Yosser meets "shake hands".

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Swansea 'characters' on 13:39 - Jan 31 with 1505 viewsJackUlation

Bonnie Tyler ( that Scottish Roofer )
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea 'characters' on 13:57 - Jan 31 with 1495 viewsjack2jack

Swansea 'characters' on 13:39 - Jan 31 by JackUlation

Bonnie Tyler ( that Scottish Roofer )

Your gonna get slated for that.😁
Swansea 'characters' on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 1282 viewsattila_the_hun

RIP John the Goth
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/shock-sudden-death-one-swanseas-15

"I'm Free"

Swansea 'characters' on 19:41 - Mar 20 with 1169 viewsSwanzay

Swansea 'characters' on 14:50 - Mar 20 by attila_the_hun

RIP John the Goth
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/shock-sudden-death-one-swanseas-15

Indeed, very sad news! John was very much part of the Uplands furniture, especially Mozarts, lovely guy.

Hopefully at peace now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024