Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership 19:56 - Dec 27 with 10745 viewsSwansTrust

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/12/27/trust-board-statement-on-manager-and-owne

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:01 - Dec 27 with 4876 viewsDarran

That's going to upset a few of the agenda boys.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:01 - Dec 27 with 4875 viewsMurph75

Someone save me a click.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:04 - Dec 27 with 4815 viewsjacabertawe

Having trouble loading the link:
"Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later"

Could there be loads of Trust distrusters trying to pick holes in Phil's statement?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:04 - Dec 27 with 4809 viewsSmellyplumz

Well I must say that it's a much better statement and well done on speaking to the owners regards the untenable situation with Bob. It's a start.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:04 - Dec 27 with 4779 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Did The Trust previously state that they had no intentions of selling their stake and they would not even consider such a scenario? I'm asking as I am not 100% sure if I read that around the time the first group of Americans were interested.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:05 - Dec 27 with 4770 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:04 - Dec 27 by Smellyplumz

Well I must say that it's a much better statement and well done on speaking to the owners regards the untenable situation with Bob. It's a start.

You didn't think they'd been speaking to the owners? lol

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:06 - Dec 27 with 4731 viewsItchySphincter

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:01 - Dec 27 by Darran

That's going to upset a few of the agenda boys.

Resource limit reached error.

It'll probably pop up in my email but does it say the trust recommended and supports the change of manager?

I hope it does.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:07 - Dec 27 with 4702 views3swan

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:06 - Dec 27 by ItchySphincter

It'll probably pop up in my email but does it say the trust recommended and supports the change of manager?

I hope it does.

Yes it does.

Took 3 attempts but did log in
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 4680 viewsItchySphincter

For anyone that can't read it:

News from the Trust

Dear JOHN
This is to let you know that the Swans Trust has just released a statement ( re-produced in full below) via its website commenting on the news that the Swans have parted company with Manager Bob Bradley. The statement also provides an update on the ongoing discussions with the new majority shareholders at the Club.
'The Swans Trust wish to comment on today’s announcement that Bob Bradley has been removed from his post. The Trust has had the opportunity to meet Bob Bradley and he has been nothing other than professional, open and honest in his conduct at this football club.
However, it is clear to see that major changes needed to be made to the management of the football club if we are to have any hope of advancing. The Trust had expressed its view to the majority owners after the Tottenham match that we did not believe Bob Bradley should continue as manager of the football club, and that view was further reiterated after the West Ham game. Following those detailed discussions, the decision was made to relieve Bob of his duties.
Regarding the decision on his replacement, we are pleased to say that we are being fully consulted in the decision as to who should be our new manager, and involved at all levels surrounding the criteria and process.
The Supporters Trust notes the protestations from a large proportion of our fans at the West Ham game regarding Huw Jenkins’ position, and our primary concern with the January transfer window coming up is ensuring that the club has learned lessons and puts in place a coherent plan to address the erosion of the Swansea City footballing identity over recent times. This transfer window is a critical time for the football club and, while not all issues can be addressed in one window, the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership to ensure that we have a plan in place to regain our identity.
In the matter of ownership and governance of Swansea City FC, we are, following a meeting with majority shareholders Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien on 14 December in London, able to provide members with an update on discussions and progress.
We have welcomed the increased dialogue in recent weeks with the club’s off-field management team, which has increased since the appointment of Chris Pearlman, and now involves weekly and monthly structured meetings to understand the current state of play of the club off the pitch, and also provides an insight into future plans for areas in which the club is seeking to improve.
Many of these plans align with suggestions that the Trust has made for some time as ways of improvement and growth. We therefore look to support the club in its initiatives in the areas of Commercial, the Stadium and Fan engagement, as these will be key to our longer term success.
However, we still have unresolved matters concerning our part ownership of the club, which we discussed in depth at the meeting, and on which we now wish to update members.
Steve and Jason both confirmed their desire not to issue any new shares during the course of this season. Due to the lack of movement from their side regarding the concerns the Trust has in this area, we have again requested that they consider making an offer for all, or part, of the Trust’s stake. This is something they have agreed to consider, however not until the end of the season.
We have agreed that we will re-commence these discussions at that time. In the meantime we will continue to pursue other angles for the ownership, which will include discussing our shareholding with other individuals who may be interested in a part/whole purchase from us.
We will also continue to gauge the opinion of our legal advisers regards the sale which will include the actions undertaken, any potential recourse and likelihood of success. Legal action will only be taken with the consent of our members once we have this information to hand — something we expect to have reasonably early in the New Year.
Another area of discussion has been the Trust representation at board level, both on the football club and also the holding company Swansea City 2002 Ltd where we do not currently have representation. This situation has become unacceptable to the Trust due to the increased activity of the holding company and we have stated our view that we must have a director appointed to the holding company as a matter of urgency. It is also the view of the Trust that, to cement our working relationship, it is important that the Trust is able to appoint a second director to the board of the football club, to better ensure the views of the Trust and its members are represented at club board level.
We believe that we are, albeit frustratingly slowly, developing a relationship with our new owners that gives us some guarded hope for a successful working partnership, the ultimate aim being to align ourselves with the football club ownership whilst protecting the Trust’s standing and integrity.
We also gained a further understanding of the position regarding the January transfer window, which is key to that survival battle. It was encouraging to hear that the owners share our desire to see team strengthening in certain positions and that the mistakes of previous transfer windows are not to be repeated in terms of the way we bring in players.
On a closing note, we anticipate reaching a point early in the New Year where we can answer outstanding questions regarding our ownership position, and hopefully take our relationship with the club forward.'

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 4679 viewsDarran

The Swans Trust wish to comment on today’s announcement that Bob Bradley has been removed from his post. The Trust has had the opportunity to meet Bob Bradley and he has been nothing other than professional, open and honest in his conduct at this football club.

However, it is clear to see that major changes needed to be made to the management of the football club if we are to have any hope of advancing. The Trust had expressed its view to the majority owners after the Tottenham match that we did not believe Bob Bradley should continue as manager of the football club, and that view was further reiterated after the West Ham game. Following those detailed discussions, the decision was made to relieve Bob of his duties.

Regarding the decision on his replacement, we are pleased to say that we are being fully consulted in the decision as to who should be our new manager, and involved at all levels surrounding the criteria and process.

The Supporters Trust notes the protestations from a large proportion of our fans at the West Ham game regarding Huw Jenkins’ position, and our primary concern with the January transfer window coming up is ensuring that the club has learned lessons and puts in place a coherent plan to address the erosion of the Swansea City footballing identity over recent times. This transfer window is a critical time for the football club and, while not all issues can be addressed in one window, the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership to ensure that we have a plan in place to regain our identity.

In the matter of ownership and governance of Swansea City FC, we are, following a meeting with majority shareholders Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien on 14 December in London, able to provide members with an update on discussions and progress.

We have welcomed the increased dialogue in recent weeks with the club’s off-field management team, which has increased since the appointment of Chris Pearlman, and now involves weekly and monthly structured meetings to understand the current state of play of the club off the pitch, and also provides an insight into future plans for areas in which the club is seeking to improve.

Many of these plans align with suggestions that the Trust has made for some time as ways of improvement and growth. We therefore look to support the club in its initiatives in the areas of Commercial, the Stadium and Fan engagement, as these will be key to our longer term success.

However, we still have unresolved matters concerning our part ownership of the club, which we discussed in depth at the meeting, and on which we now wish to update members.

Steve and Jason both confirmed their desire not to issue any new shares during the course of this season. Due to the lack of movement from their side regarding the concerns the Trust has in this area, we have again requested that they consider making an offer for all, or part, of the Trust’s stake. This is something they have agreed to consider, however not until the end of the season.

We have agreed that we will re-commence these discussions at that time. In the meantime we will continue to pursue other angles for the ownership, which will include discussing our shareholding with other individuals who may be interested in a part/whole purchase from us.

We will also continue to gauge the opinion of our legal advisers regards the sale which will include the actions undertaken, any potential recourse and likelihood of success. Legal action will only be taken with the consent of our members once we have this information to hand — something we expect to have reasonably early in the New Year.

Another area of discussion has been the Trust representation at board level, both on the football club and also the holding company Swansea City 2002 Ltd where we do not currently have representation. This situation has become unacceptable to the Trust due to the increased activity of the holding company and we have stated our view that we must have a director appointed to the holding company as a matter of urgency. It is also the view of the Trust that, to cement our working relationship, it is important that the Trust is able to appoint a second director to the board of the football club, to better ensure the views of the Trust and its members are represented at club board level.

We believe that we are, albeit frustratingly slowly, developing a relationship with our new owners that gives us some guarded hope for a successful working partnership, the ultimate aim being to align ourselves with the football club ownership whilst protecting the Trust’s standing and integrity.

We also gained a further understanding of the position regarding the January transfer window, which is key to that survival battle. It was encouraging to hear that the owners share our desire to see team strengthening in certain positions and that the mistakes of previous transfer windows are not to be repeated in terms of the way we bring in players.

On a closing note, we anticipate reaching a point early in the New Year where we can answer outstanding questions regarding our ownership position, and hopefully take our relationship with the club forward.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 4679 viewsKennedy

Seems like a lot is going on behind the scenes.

[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 20:09]

Just call me JFK

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 4663 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:05 - Dec 27 by Darran

Well how I read that statement it came across as the trust basically told the owners it would be a good idea to sack him and for that I say well done. Also well done for the speed of the statement, it looks like some of the complaints regards comms have been taken on board.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:09 - Dec 27 with 4651 viewsPacemaker

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:06 - Dec 27 by ItchySphincter

I hope it does.

It says they approached the owners after the Spurs game that he had to go.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:09 - Dec 27 with 4640 viewsNeathJack

Excellent stuff.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:09 - Dec 27 with 4626 viewscostalotta

That's seems positive on the face of it. But quite clearly there's a very long way to go.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:10 - Dec 27 with 4614 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:08 - Dec 27 by Smellyplumz

Well how I read that statement it came across as the trust basically told the owners it would be a good idea to sack him and for that I say well done. Also well done for the speed of the statement, it looks like some of the complaints regards comms have been taken on board.

lol

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:10 - Dec 27 with 4591 viewsWatchman

A proper statement and some very sharp comments made

#keepupthepressure

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:11 - Dec 27 with 4577 viewsawayjack

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:01 - Dec 27 by Murph75

Someone save me a click.

- Yanks confirmed no new shares to be issued or decision on any purchase of trust shares until end of season.
- Trust keeping legal options open.
- Better communication with the new COO.

So lots of words but no actions or change really.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:11 - Dec 27 with 4571 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:10 - Dec 27 by Darran

lol

Shouldn't you been wiping jackfaths bum on his thread.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:11 - Dec 27 with 4565 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:05 - Dec 27 by Darran

I think the concern was that the owners didn't want to speak to the trust. Also helpful that the trust board have been able to release other information, regarding meetings, ownership, representation and our recent abysmal recruitment strategy.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:14 - Dec 27 with 4507 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:11 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

I think the concern was that the owners didn't want to speak to the trust. Also helpful that the trust board have been able to release other information, regarding meetings, ownership, representation and our recent abysmal recruitment strategy.

Let darran play his childish little game. He slags us off for attacking the trust but when we praise the trust he has another pop. Dickhead.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:17 - Dec 27 with 4462 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:14 - Dec 27 by Smellyplumz

Let darran play his childish little game. He slags us off for attacking the trust but when we praise the trust he has another pop. Dickhead.

I'm not having a pop I just think you're thick as fućk.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:19 - Dec 27 with 4405 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:17 - Dec 27 by Darran

I'm not having a pop I just think you're thick as fućk.

Hark at Einstein here. Let the grown ups talk dar, you can play tomorrow.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 20:20]

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:30 - Dec 27 with 4277 viewslonglostjack

Not now boys please Good statement from the Trust. Time to look forward.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:32 - Dec 27 with 4226 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:30 - Dec 27 by longlostjack

Not now boys please Good statement from the Trust. Time to look forward.

Jenkins up sh1t creek

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024